Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

I'm getting nervous......Thursday Nov. 5th is MY DAY (and a few others I believe) I haven't had a pre-op diet so I'm trying to stock my shelves. I know from experience, being prepared is an absolute. You get too hungry, you turn into a wild animal and get all crazy lol.

Do any of you take medications? I'm still concerned about spreading them out during the day, and some are fairly large.

Yes, I take quite a few medications. If you don't already own one, get a pill splitter. You can split most meds as long as they aren't capsules or time-released. The pain pills I split in quarters. Makes it so much easier to go down. Good luck tomorrow!!! Keep us posted on your progress. Don't be nervous, you'll be fine. It will be over before you know it and then you are on your way to recovery and a healthier you!!:drool:

Hi everybody...

I did my pre-opt appointment. I feel really *don't know*. It's really rough for me. My scale at home was wrong and while I thought I lost 14 pounds I only lost 1 pound. I was so shocked. So I've been eating candy and went off liquid diet for 1 meal today.

I think I am scare now.:drool: Would I be the person that can't do this?

Trying to keep positive and keep my irrational thoughts/ actions in control.

Tomorrow I am going to wake up early and meditate. Please pray for me.

I can understand your frustration. I was a bit scared after hearing so many be on a strict pre-opt diet and I wasn't. I wasn't told to only have a liquid diet but was told to cut down on certain things and eat high protien, low fat. I wasn't exactly good the whole time either and now that I see so many on strict diets pre-surgery I'm a bit concerned. I too had candy... unfortunately it was around for Halloween. I should have known better and not gotten any this year. Having said all that now though, I'm looking ahead on the positives and not the negatives. I know you can too. Together we all support each other and take it step by step. Good luck to you. I hope today is a better day.

I am going in tomorrow, I am just praying I lost the 10lb... I got my period this week and it is sure not helping... the demon scale I have (new) is not accurate I have discovered. If it follows it's normal habit of being 2 lb over the dr scale, I will just make it. If it has decided to be truthful I have failed... blame it on the period... I think that is honest. The week before the mandatory preop I lost 7 lb.

So here we go... time to install the "tummy cop" and KILL HUNGRY!!!!

Good luck to you! I had gotten my period the week before surgery too. What a pain! Was your doctor requiring a 10 lb weight loss before surgery? I hope you made it, but I find it odd that they wouldn't do the surgery if you were a couple pounds off. Hope all goes well.

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting. I will be banded on Moday November 9, 2009 by Dr. C. Brathwaite at Winthrop Hospital.

Looking for to a new start. Good Luck to everyone.

Dayana

:drool::laugh::scared2::laugh:

Welcome Dayana!

Thanks for the good wish, I'll take it! I need all I can get. We November Bandsters are an excited lot, and welcome to our group. Best of luck back atcha and keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Cheryl

I got my date today! 11/25 the day before Thanksgiving! Wow, after being postponed twice now I am a little on edge, excited, nervous, scared....no Turkey dinner for me that Thursday!

Thank you so much. I am doing better today. I kept myself busy today. I cleaned; everything. I am going to start exercising today. Which I am looking forward to tonight.

Hello All,

I got my tentative surgery date today, November 20th and I'm sooo excited. :cursing: Nice to meet all of you November Bandsters!!!!

:thumbup:

10/19/2009 - Surgical Consult & EKG

10/26/2009 - Lap work completed & Faxed Medical Records to Dr.

11/03/2009 - Dr. Office sent to Insurance for approval

11/06/2009 – Start Pre-Op Diet

11/10/2009 - Pre-Admission Testing

11/16/2009 - EGD

11/20/2009 – Tentative LAP-BAND Surgery Date

weight.png

Dear November Knockouts:

I am writing from my hospital bed. Ah, the wonders of a Netbook and wireless internet. I had my surgery at 8:30 this morning and all went great. Dr. Lufti wanted to try a new-ish procedure on me, so he only went through my bellybutton. I have no incisions at all. My tummy is pretty tender, but with the ice pack and some pretty good drugs, I'm feeling fine. And with no stitches, I should heal much faster. Also, I'm not sure if it's the drugs, but so far any pain from the gas is minimal. Of course, there's a real possibility it will be tougher tomorrow. I've been walking about quite a bit, too, so that should help.

The hardest part is no food or Water until tomorrow morning. I know Drs. are different, and mine is very cautious about when I can first consume anything. So I start out early tomorrow with a barium GI, then I can have my first Clear Liquids tray. The first I'll have since midnight last night. I hardly talk my throat and mouth are so dry. Otherwise, this hasn't been difficult at all. My sweet husband came in with a wrapped present; it was a Kitchen Aid immulsion blender. So now we can puree just about anything...and will.

Sending lots of best wishes and congrats to my fellow November 4th bandsters. And anyone else this week and month. I'm so looking forward to my new, thinner life, and yours too.

hello, iam too Nov lapband. just got my surgery date today...Nov 20 alittle scared ive waited so long now it seems likes it happening all s fast..

Dear November Knockouts:

I am writing from my hospital bed. Ah, the wonders of a Netbook and wireless internet. I had my surgery at 8:30 this morning and all went great. Dr. Lufti wanted to try a new-ish procedure on me, so he only went through my bellybutton. I have no incisions at all. My tummy is pretty tender, but with the ice pack and some pretty good drugs, I'm feeling fine. And with no stitches, I should heal much faster. Also, I'm not sure if it's the drugs, but so far any pain from the gas is minimal. Of course, there's a real possibility it will be tougher tomorrow. I've been walking about quite a bit, too, so that should help.

The hardest part is no food or Water until tomorrow morning. I know Drs. are different, and mine is very cautious about when I can first consume anything. So I start out early tomorrow with a barium GI, then I can have my first clear liquids tray. The first I'll have since midnight last night. I hardly talk my throat and mouth are so dry. Otherwise, this hasn't been difficult at all. My sweet husband came in with a wrapped present; it was a Kitchen Aid immulsion blender. So now we can puree just about anything...and will.

Sending lots of best wishes and congrats to my fellow November 4th bandsters. And anyone else this week and month. I'm so looking forward to my new, thinner life, and yours too.

congratulations on being banded!!! :thumbup: Great to know you're going well :cursing:

I've heard of that new procedure, I wish my Dr could do that too! Nice of your husband to get that for you... gonna be very useful.

take care of yourself! keep us posted of your recovery!

Hi everyone! This is my first post. I'm being banded on 13 November. I'm on day 4 of an 11 day pre op diet (2 shakes and one low carb meal a day) - going all right so far. My sister and I are being banded by the same surgeon on the same day - crazy and exciting. Great to have her on this journey. We have a blog where we both post:

Sisters Banded Together

Looking forward to an exciting journey with all the November bandsters!

Maree

Just got my official word this morning, my surgery is next Tuesday the 10th. OMG that is like a week away! I could not be more excited than I am right now! Thanks for all the support and good luck to all the November bandsters!!

Brit

Hola Bandmate! We only have 6 more days wow! I've been on the pre op diet since Oct 26th and have lost 12lbs so far and I feel great! Are you gettting jitters? I am.

YeaaaaaH!! I have a date of 11/10/09. Blue Cross/Anthem HMO, Inland Empire. The road was not really all that hard. Thank God.

Hola Bandmate! We only have 6 more days wow! I've been on the pre op diet since Oct 26th and have lost 12lbs so far and I feel great! Are you gettting jitters? I am.

Yeaaahhh! 6 more days- omg im soooo nervous and excited!!! It's constantly on my mind... many things are running amok in my mind. what if's, etccc. UGH I cant wait to get this done so I can move on and get started with this! :thumbup:

wooot!

YeaaaaaH!! I have a date of 11/10/09. Blue Cross/Anthem HMO, Inland Empire. The road was not really all that hard. Thank God.

Heey bandmate! mine's on the 10th as well... :cursing: welcome aboard! we're the November Knockouts! :thumbup:

congrats on getting your date. We'll do this together... yeahh!