Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

"jumps and hip hopping"? Wow, Judy, your Zumba sounds different than mine! There is no jumping in the one I do. It's just lots of "Island" music-type dancing... rhumba, salsa, reggae... leaves me thinking we should be on a beach w/umbrella drinks by the time we're done! Interesting!

Buenos Dias Violettas~

I am much better...about 7:30am yesterday, after some pretzles and Sprite, I was better. A bit queazy...but better! Got my do done after the meeting even!

Judy, yeah you on 45 min! When I started jazzercise, I had to build up the stamina and never did the exercises on your knees! Those hurt! Spent too much time in church and in penance (sp) in my youth to be on the knees anymore. They don't hurt...until I am on the knees! Did you wear the brace? Did it help?

What are the plans for ya'll this weekend??? It is the Pride Festival and parade this weekend. Sat., I am working at the booth for the HRC and Sunday, Susanne and I are walking in the parade for the HRC!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! LOVE YOU GIRLS!

XOXOXOXO

Good morning, Violets..

I'm having computer problems this morning. I tried a system restore and hope that works. I was in the middle of a post and it froze up. It had been doing that since I got online. Keeping my fingers crossed I can get this posted.

Michelle.. yep.. lots of jumping and hip hopping. She told us she does it differently than the other Zumba place in town. It's a great workout. My knee just can't take the jumping so that's when I sit out until the cool down. I wore my brace and it seemed to help. Kris is going on Saturday, but I'm going to stick with just the Thursday one and do my walking on the other days.

The bobster and I are headed to the mall in just a few minutes to get our walk in before Ethan arrives at noon. Kris and Nathan are coming over tonight and we're going out to dinner with them.

It was 25 degrees this morning and frost everywhere. Bob got lots of leaves raked yesterday and will try and finish up today. It's supposed to be a really nice weekend with temps in the mid 50's so maybe, just maybe we can get some leaves burned. We haven't even started on the dumpster yet!

I want to go see This Is It and Christmas Carol this weekend.

Off to walk..

Everyone have a great day. Glad you're feeling better, PamELa..

Good morning!!

Pamela, I am glad things are better!!

I hope everyone is good and their weekend will be fabulous!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend as well.

I haven't posted in a few days . . . but this has been a crazy week. I am working on the final project to complete my masters. I have to write a paper that has to range between 50 to 1000 pages, lol.

Anyway, I had to put the structure together, write a preface, background, start some subsections and put together a reasonable research plan. Initial research is always time consuming, but if you put a good structure together it helps to tame the beast so that it becomes workable.

I feel like I have a good handle on the project which is great. I can occasionally get lost in research . . . spending massive amounts of time chasing tangents without getting reasonable results, lol. Perhaps Pamela can also attest to this phenomenon. :0)

My move is complete and now I am waiting to hear about my security deposit. I am really curious how that is going to go.

The house was in perfect shape and tenants were moving in at the same time as I was finishing up the garage. My landlord didn't even clean afterwards . . . she just assumed I would do it all and it would be ready to go. The thing about it is . . . she was right, I cleaned every nook and cranny. Either she was taking a big risk or she knows me too well, lol.

I am still reallllyyyy angry with this women. It is unlike me to stay angry at anyone for more than a day but she really ruffled my feathers in a bad way. I need to let it go because holding on to negativity only makes me hungry, lol.

hey girls, no time to catch up on posts. I've been super busy at work. One of the girls quit here and we've had to all take up extra work. I'm ragged. And we've got a huge wedding at the house tomorrow... I'll try to catch up with ya'll this weekend...

Good afternoon, Violets..

We're back from our 2 mile walk at the mall. Well, I walked 2 miles.. Bob stopped to talk to the owner of Walden books and missed a half a mile. The store is closing in January and that will be a big loss to an already dying mall. Just about the only people there today were the old farts walking.

Heather.. what is your Master's thesis on?? I never got my masters, but hubby got his doctorate and I remember way back then having to type it all when computers were just new and what a difference it made typing on a computer rather than an electric typewriter. Am I giving away my age???

Sounds like your landlord didn't have to worry about renting the place after you left. So the concern she had about that was unfounded. Will be interesting to see what happens to your security deposit.

Off to warm up some Soup for lunch. Ethan doesn't come until 2 today so we have little extra time to relax.

Judy,

So sad about the mall. We have a dead mall (way passed dying) here in the center of Palm Springs. The only thing keeping it alive was Gottshalks and they closed last year. I love Walden book stores...now it is just the "big ones" left.

Another day here. Kids are great...grownups not so much.

Have a great weekend everyone. Yes Heather, I've been there...keep on keepin' on!!!

We have a dead mall here also. They tried renting out the stores to art studios, acting classes, etc....... I don't think it worked well. It makes me feel old. I got a job at Pasta House when the mall was enclosed and new stores added. That was in 1984 (I think), now nobody goes and all the big stores but Sears are gone. I don't know how Sears stays there.

Okay off to cook some dinner

Good morning, Violets..

It's a beautiful, Fall day here. Temp is 48 already and it's going to get up into the high 50's today. Grady comes at 1:30 so his mom can go to a baby shower and we are going to out to dinner with friends tonight.

I took 2 Tylenol pm's last night and this morning the ache in my knee is gone, though it still clicks when I walk. I'm going to do the glider this morning instead of pounding the pavement. Better for my knee today.

I slept well last night except for very weird dreams. A pastor's wife should not be walking down the expressway shirtless on her way to Louisiana. And when the Bobster surprises me saying he's going on the flight with me, he should remember to bring his vaccination record cause he can't get on the plane without it. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Off to find some Breakfast. Everyone have a great weekend!!

HAHA...funny dream Judy...how else would you get to Louisiana than topless on the expressway??? Too funny!

Well, HAPPY PRIDE people! We went to happy hour last night and I had a couple of margies that KICKED MY ASS. I mean, two sips in...I was feeling it! LOL.

My BFF from when I was in 2nd grade is in So. Cal. this weekend visiting her friend...and I am stealing her for tonight!! She is gonna march in the parade w/ us too(i think). Anyway...I CAN NOT wait to see her. She is just one of the many great reasons I love Facebook. We were sending emails sometimes before FB...but now we are interacting all the time. I havent seen here since we were in high school!!! But via fb...I see her often! So excited!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! It is 84 today...and beautiful! Already did 40 min at gym, cleaned up poop, played w/ the baby, showered...and checked in here and emails...and it is only 8:37!!!

xoxoxooxxoxo

Good Eve, Vi's~~

What a gorgeous day here today! Crisp & clear & just beautiful! Left the house @ 10am and didn't get back 'til just now... DS ref'd 4 soccer games, DD was @ the barn, & DH flew off to Fla for his conference... then DD had a quick change & it was off to pom for the playoffs! Came home to a house full of 15yo boys having an all-night "FIFA 2010" tournament in my family room (I knew this was happening, which is why I stocked up on the BOGO Freschetta pizzas, sodas, Cookies, and yes, I've even put out baby carrots/cukes & dip lol!) So, basically, a busy but fun day!

While hanging out @ the soccer field I got to bask in the sunlight, sip a latte, and read for enjoyment -- bliss! I'm reading "The Magicians", which so far is a strange amalgam of "Harry Potter" and "The Chronicles of Narnia" but with an edge... not sure I'm loving it, but am curious where it's going, so am sticking w/it... I'm about 1/3 through it... will let you know...

Sweet, shirtless dreams! :w00t: