Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Stuck at 267, thats ok for now. Back to PBing when I'm a naughty bandster.. and happy about it hah hah, haven't had a PB since Dec of last year before my band broke.

I'm eating normal. Dry chicken is a no go, tortillas and queso YES. Hah.

Carson is teething something horrible.. reminds me of Judy saying Grady would just cry and cry.

Carson has spent the past 2 days wailing in my arms, no matter what I do, he's not happy. Cries cries cries, nothing helps. Not sleeping good either suddenly. We finally got him sleeping through the night a few weeks ago, and now he's up every 30m just crying, in pain. I feel a little tooth bud in the bottom, it needs to come on!!!!!!!!

So that's what I've been up to.

Thanks for the compliments on Mr. Dylan, he is a cutie....but so are Carson and Grady, and Ethan....Michelle, I have a question, how would one get into the editing/proofreading? biz such as you.??... I haven't heard back from the Weight Watchers lady...I need to do something here quick....heading into winter and the thought of being stuck in the house is making me nutz! The ex-husband of some old friends of ours passed away, we have the wake to go to Friday....haven't seen them in years, but was thinking of him a while back....I guess he had been estranged from one of his kids for 10 years...weird....anyways, where is Suzanne or Kat lately?? and Terri...?

Ok, gonna go watch news or Yankees...

Good morning, Violets...

Laura.. teething is the pits! Did you get some ambusol to put on his gums?? And give him some Tylenol. This too shall pass. Grady has 4 teeth now and another one trying to come in. Those teeth sure throw everything out of whack.

I'm up and waiting for Ethan to arrive for the day. Then I have Zumba and a flute rehearsal tonight. I'm going to have my brace on my knee and try and take it easy.

Ethan just walked in so I have to scoot.. bbl...

Hey girls~

Laura...you know my answer for teething...WILD TURKEY! Seriously that is what grandma (a RN) did...just rub it on the gums! I didn't turn out too bad:wink:.

Well ladies...two words: food POISONING! From my own kitchen. I have been beyond sick all night! Ate my wonderful pot roast, heated it very well...and it was great; going in! Coming out...not so much:frown:. Both directions...waaahhhh!

Here is the kicker...I have a meeting today at the district office. I hope to be able to make it through the day. I finally took imodium but still going to the bathroom...and soooo sick in my tummy! Ending up sleeping on the couch so I didn't bother Sus. uuuggg

Have a great day!

xoxo

What a day you had, Pam... poor dear. I hope you make it through the meeting, & then can come home & zonk out on the couch.

Laura, sorry to read about Carson's teething... do kids today still use those frozen icy teething rings? My kids loved those. In an odd way I'm happy to read that you're pb'ing -- it means your band is working! Yay!

Janie, I hope Glee is back next week now that the stupid World Series is over (now if the Phillies had won, I wouldn't have called it "stupid"! :thumbup:

It's a grey, quiet day here... all alone & loving it... working & sipping tea...

Make it a great day, everyone!

Good morning!!

Mae, Kat and Suzanne moved to another thread, and Terri, I think she just doesn't post. Had a lot going on with her family and probably didn't need more drama?

Pam, Sorry to hear of your concerns, it sure is a different world than when I was in 6th grade!! Michelle is right, it is a terrible situation, but kudos to you for caring!!! Hang in there!!!!!!!

Haydee I went to the cake site, wow, he really does a lot of great cakes!! I have watched some tv shows about cake decorating and it looks so time consuming. That is something I don't have the patience for. About 15 years ago my next door neighbors were having some bad problems, she wanted to make a cake for her little girl. I said that I have watched the girl at work make some cakes, it looks easy, I will borrow her stuff. Oh my gosh we were up til four in the morning making cakes, her husband would come out everyonce in a while and just shake his head!! The cake turned out nice, but it took us about probably 6 or 7 batches of icing, cause we kept messing it up!!

Wow that was a long post for a stupid subject!!

Snow???????? Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura, I have heard the whiskey on gums of babies! I hope you get some relief soon!!!

Okay, have a great day everyone!!!!!!!

Back again.. just finished making chicken gnocchi Soup in the pressure cooker. Perfect for this snowy, Fall day.

Janie... I've been meaning to tell you, I'm STILL using the White Cranberry/Peach drinks I bought when you gave me the coupons back before the Texas meet up. Can you believe it?? I haven't bought a box since then and I still have 3 boxes left. I don't know what I'll do when I have to go back to actually buying the stuff again.. :thumbup:

Off to ladle out the soup. yums...

Judy, you know I got those off Ebay! I wanted to buy you some, looked for an online coupon and came across an auction that had all those! I think I paid $2 for them, def. worth the cost!!

Off to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy, you know I got those off Ebay! I wanted to buy you some, looked for an online coupon and came across an auction that had all those! I think I paid $2 for them, def. worth the cost!!

Off to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought of ebay for coupons!!! Just went there and got (10) dollar off coupons for $2. Thanks for the tip!!!

I didn't know that about the coupons, either... interesting! Thanks for the tip, Janie!

Judy... I just printed off some of your Soup recipes... they sound so good on these chilly days! DH is leaving on Sat - Weds for a conference--@ DISNEY!--and I think the Soups will be great dinners for the kids & I!

Off to get ready to go pick up DD @ school & take her to the barn! Have laptop, can work anywhere!

Enjoy the afternoon, everyone!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Joe just picked up Ethan and now for some quiet time for Gramma before I leave for Zumba and flute rehearsal. The Bobster raked the leaves in the front yard. They are soaking wet so we can't burn them, but hopefully by the weekend we'll be leaf free.

I have all the ingredients ready to make Peachy Keen chicken in the pressure cooker. The leftover Soup will be for lunches tomorrow and Saturday.

We are going to work on filling the dumpster up this weekend. We have all day Saturday to work and Sunday afternoon. Bob preaches at a Presbyterian church on Sunday. They will be listening to see if they want to hire him for an interim position. I'm hoping he gets it, but whatever will be, will be and we're ok with that.

Off to straighten up things before I get supper ready and then leave...

Will check in after Zumba if I survive.. :thumbup:

Well, I survived. I did 45 minutes and that's my limit. When they start really getting into all the jumps and hip hopping, I bow out gracefully. Then I wait till they get to the end and do the cool down exercises. It's a great workout and I do enjoy it. Hope I can continue.

Off to watch CSI and then Project Runway. Everyone have a great evening. sleep well!!