Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good morning, Violets..

I'm having computer problems and they are annoying me greatly!! Everytime I get the newest Windows update installed, the computer freezes up. I have to do a system restore to the point before the update and it's fine. I thought I had it all set yesterday and then it automatically updated during the evening so when I got on last night it froze up again. I did a system restore this morning and now it's working again. arghhhhhh

Had a nice dinner last night, but Kathy fixed pork and it wouldn't go down. Everything else was yummy though. And since she has a band, she understands..

Came home and had a few nuts and then tried to take a tylenol but that all came up too. I don't know if the pill stayed down so I didn't take anymore. I'll try some this morning and see if they stay down. I got the arthritis tylenol to see if it would help my knee. I was fine until I took Grady for a walk in his stroller. By the time I got back my knee was aching again. arghhhhhhh

Off to church and then lunch out with Bill, Kathy, Kris, Nathan and Grady. Bob is preaching at a church in Rogers City which is 40 minutes away. He'll be on his own for lunch. We got all the leaves taken care of yesterday. A couple of guys stopped by and gave us a quote to rake, mow and bag and we thought it was a pretty good deal. Now we just need to take care of the big pile Bob had already raked up. We'll burn them today. It's supposed to be in the upper 50's again. It was a beautiful day yesterday.

Off to church... BBL

Is it morning already? I barely feel like I slept!

FIFA is the world-wide governing body of International Soccer, they run the World Cup every 4 years (& all the preliminary matches in the years inbetween). FIFA 2010 is a video game, like Madden football or NBA basketball, but w/soccer. I have half the soccer team snoring in my family room right now! LOL! I don't know what time they finally zonked out... I know I didn't fall asleep 'til much after the 1am smoke alarm that went off because of crumbs in the oven when they were making more pizzas... lovely.

Then DH called & woke me up around 8am... he's all perky & rarin' to go down @ Disney & I'm groggy & 3/4 asleep and he's surprised? He was actually checking out the Times Guides to the parks and thinking about maybe going to one this trip! Usually when he goes for work he just stays @ the resort and doesn't venture into the parks. This is progress!

Judy... did you see a doc about your knee? Maybe it needs to get scoped out? Or a corizone shot?

I've got bacon in one oven & 2 tubes of cinnamon Buns in the other... am off to make dozens of scrambled eggs! Enjoy your days! :w00t:

Good afternoon, Violets..

Back from church. It was a really good service. We had a sub preacher and he's always easy to listen to. The choir did a great job and even got applause. I sang a solo and was lay reader. It was almost the Judy show once again.

Kris, Nathan, Grady and I went out to eat. I shared a Moo Shoo veggie dish with Kris. I had about 4 bites and had to pb. I couldn't keep the tylenol down this morning.. must be the size of the pill. I ate a crab rangoon and it stayed down, but in spite of all that..and exercising at least a half hour a day.. I gained a pound this week. sighhhhhhhhhhhh But I'll just keep on keeping on. This week's goal is to cut carbs and up the Protein. I'm headed out on my bike in a few minutes. Might be the last day I can get it out. It's 60 degrees here right now and just a gorgeous, sunny, Fall day. Not many more of those left for us.

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Laura... happy to hear Carson finally has a tooth. Now he should be a bit more comfortable... at least until the next one breaks through.

Forgot to say... I talked to Nathan about my knee. I've already had arthoscopic surgery on it for a torn meniscus. It's just a matter of time before the arthritis gets bad enough for knee replacement. He said they will postpone it as long as possible. My mom had both her knees replaced so I have it in my genes. I'll just have to grin and bear it for the time being. I'm betting if I could lose 20 more pounds, that that will make a difference.

Judy, oww!!

Michelle, I am learning such new things!! FIFA! Who knew!!

I woke up with a killer headache this morning, worst one I think in years!! Went back to bed and feel better, but most of the day is now gone!!! (Not really but I am feeling dramatic today!!)

Hope Pam and Laura are having fun!!!

Good evening, Violets..

We went for a 40 minute bike ride today. It felt so much better on my knee. I'm going to see if I can get a contraption to put on my bike so to make it stationary for the winter. I'd love to be able to ride it all the time.

When we got home I took a 3 hour nap.. 3 HOURS!! Guess my body was trying to tell me something. Didn't get anything done that I wanted to and it was a beautiful day. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. Ethan comes at 8 for the day. We'll have to get out to the backyard and some fresh air for sure.

Janie.. hope your headache feels better!!

PamELa.. loved the Pride pictures on Facebook. Everyone looks happy and GAY! (not to mention proud!):w00t::tt2:

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Desperate Housewives is on tonight.. wooo hooooo!

I think I am going to try to download mozilla, and see if then I can get on facebook!!

If I totally screw up my computer, you have all been great friends!!!!!!!!!!

Told you I am feeling dramatic today!!

Good morning, violets...

Just watched the sun rise. Now off to take a shower and get dressed before Ethan arrives for the day. I have my hospital shift today, so Grampa will have babysitting duties for an hour or two by himself.

Going to try and walk the mall with different shoes this time and see if that makes a difference with my knee.

Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourselves.

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

It's a new week full of limitless opportunities and possibilities... who knows where it will take us?!

Regular day on tap here today: work, house stuff, taking dd to riding... DH is still in Fla... I'm making the veggie beef Soup in the crocker today... mmm... w/homemade bread... double mmm!

(Have you noticed that our lurkers are getting bolder by the day? They don't even bother to log out when they "stalk" us any more! :smile2: )

Everyone make it a good day!

Morning Girls~

Jane you crack me up! Not sure why you can't facecrack...but I don't want you to leave us!

Judy, glad the knee is doing better!

Michelle, you are such a tease...homemade bread, mmmmmmmm...yes please!:smile2:

Well...here are the highlights from the weekend! It was a blur and there were many margies (and even a Dean) involved ( Michelle and Haydee know the Dean...vodka, cran, and splash of Sprite)!

Friday night, happy hour w/ work peeps!

Sat. morn, workout and then Sus had a guy here to refinance her house...3 hours later he left and she cut her interest rate in half!:)

Sat., afternoon, we did the Pride Festival. I worked the Human Rights booth, she strolled around! We came home and got ready for the night. My BFF from 2nd grade came out for the night. She was visiting her high school friends for homecoming, and I stole her for the night!

Sat., night, went to see brother (hadn't seen Heather in 25 years!) then we went to Las Casuelas!!! dinner, drinks, fun!!! Then we went to Julie and Susan's for a night cap...got home at 1:30 am!:w00t:

Sunday morn., up at 6:30, met BethAnn and Jeff and their kids for breaky...then off to line up for the parade. IT WAS FUN!!! Then we came home, put our pjs on...Heather went back to the valley and I passed the hell out!!! Felt feverish yesterday...not good at all....went to bed at 8...and feel great today!

There it is...sorry if it is boring...skip over if you'd like!

Today is work and then our HRC meeting! Have a great day!

xoxoox

"Skip over it" Pam? Never! I live vicariously through you and your fun & funky So. Cal life! LOVE IT!

Same here.. Love reading about your adventures, PamELa.. and love the pics on Facebook.

Back from the hospital shift and going walking outside with Bob, the yorkies and Ethan. It's a beautiful day.. 61 degrees..

Off to figure out lunch for everyone..

Good morning!!

I am reading a new book "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat", it is interesting, we will see if it works!

My nose is soo stopped up! I feel fine, just talk funny!

Well my foray into another browser didn't go so well. I still have internet explorer, and a mozilla that has been deleted!! Didn't work and worse yet I had chinese characters that I couldn't read, saying something about prima hosting?

Oh well!!

I have an investment club meeting tonight, and I have been a bad girl and have not done my homework!! Then tomorrow morning I have a taxing district meeting!

Okay all have a great day!!!!!!!