Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Laura, sorry about all the drama. There is nothing like being treated so unfairly to ruin a good day. Ditto on what everyone else said on how to handle it.

Took Ayla to a new library last night and ended up getting a card and found Under the Dome by Stephen King. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it but it feels like I am a college student again carrying around a book as heavy as a cement block, lol. Judy, you really got me in the mood for this book. I appreciated your offer to send me yours but I wasn't sure there would be a truck big enough to ship it to Ohio, lol :0)

Everyone have a lovely Friday. I will check in later when I have a little more time.

Hey girlies... quick check in... so busy!!

Janie, my kids are done school on June 11. They're counting the days! Of course, so many of those days are "fluff" days... today is "Under the Sea" day for dd, where they don't have regular classes, but some sea program all day. Then there are 2 field trips, the 3 concerts, etc. & so forth.

DH just left for the weekend's MS 150-mile bike ride over on the Eastern Shore of Md. I think there are 10 or so folks on the team, bikers & walkers. My sister is a walker. They raised about $10,000! Proud of him that he coordinates that each year. My bil has MS and it's starting to become more disabling for him, especially w/walking.

((Judy)) I can't imagine how hard it must be to let your bird fly away from home... can't imagine. Hugs & purple power to you & Bob.

Ugh Laura, what a situation. I'd let every parent group, daycare, etc. know about it.

Pam, will you be done the move today? Then you can get settled. It's FRIDAY! Your last one of the school year, yes? Yay!

That's one of the things I look forward to most each summer, Heather, is having more time to go to the library and read books for enjoyment rather than because I have to! I'm tempted to read that one, but it IS big & tough to lug to the pool... we'll see. Right now I've just barely started "The Last Time I Saw You" about different characters going back to their 40th HS reunion... will report once I'm done.

Ok, time to finish up this batch of chapters & send out the invoice -- my favorite part! Well, my second fav part... finding a check in the mail is definitely #1!

Thinking of you perfecting the art of lounging by the pool, Haydee!

Make it a good day, everyone!

Michelle, we are still packing. Just got word YESTERDAY that our moving day will be Wednesday. Thought is was Tuesday, but we are doing it like a chain reaction thing...Jen moves to her room, Lisa moves into Jen's room, I move into Lisa's room, Vic moves into my room...and so on and so forth.

I am out on Monday at a annual training thing that sucks....just a crazy time of year.

Thinking about you Judy! xoxo

Looking forward to hearing about the honeymoon...I am sure they are having a blast!!

xoxoxo

Pam, it just sounds like everyone is swapping rooms . . . what was the point of doing all that in the first place?

We are finally coordinating the hallways of years of mixmatch. The 8th graders will be in one hall (the one I am in now), 7th in another (the one I am moving into), and the 6th graders are moving out to the portables (portapoties...they smell bad). I was supposed to move to the portapotties, but was spared (after begging) to stay in the 7th grade hallway, since I teach 6,7 and 8th grades.

Just put up pix on fb of what my classroom looks like...ooyy!

Good afternoon, Violets...

I got my hair cut short. I like it. My hairdresser broke her arm so I had to go to another hairdresser in the salon. She did a great job.. just the way I wanted it. whew!!

I came home and tracked Joe's plane landing online. He's now on his way to Thermopolis and the plane ride is behind him. He was really nervous about it since he's only flown once before and that was with his Grandma about 20 years ago.

I trimmed the front yard and am now going out to replant the Morning Glories.The first set got frosted. Then I'm going in the POOL!!! The Water temp is 82 and the air temp is 69.. perfect!!

Rehearsal tonight at 7 and then relaxing for the rest of the evening.

PamELa...I feel your pain. I once had to move from 2nd, to Kdg. to 1st and then back to Kdg. The teachers put wheels on my desk as a joke, but it really helped!!

Heather, you're going to love the book. I sure did. Be prepared for "another one bites the dust" at the beginning!

PamELA.... the Bobster loved the Violets. He keeps telling everyone what a great time he had. But we keep the Rev. Dr. Pimp part to ourselves... shhhhhhhhhh.

Off to plant and play.. Everyone have a great afternoon/evening!!

P.S.. PamELa.. did you know that 20 Lay's Light potato chips are only 1 point?? I LOVE it!!!Now I can eat my chips and not feel guilty!!

WOW...20 for 1pt! That is pretty cool...20 feels about right. I like the 45 pretzle sticks for 2 pts!Pretzles and a bottle of h2o and I feel full. Been great for 3 days, then today started off bad, and have stayed bad all day. No extra 35 pts can help this one. Calling today a wash, then starting again in the am!!! I am sooo tired, been drinking diet coke all morning...which sets me up for badness! 38 min to go!~

Okay, I am crabby.

Not tired.

My thumb really hurts.

Work sucks.

Tomorrow is a new day right!!

Hope it ended well for all!!!

Good afternoon, Violets...

Just back from WW and brunch with some friends. I gained .6# so I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I thought the cake was going to be my downfall. It was, but not as bad as I thought. So it's back to continuing to count points and I go in Wednesday to weigh in again. Hopefully there will be a loss this time. The pool is open and warm so I can start getting some Water exercise in.

My dog sitter is coming over in a couple of hours to meet the creatures and get the lay of the land. We leave Thursday for our annual trip to Canada. We're going to see Evita and Kiss me, Kate.

Off to clean some more of the house and then enjoy the sunshine after the rain.

Everyone have a great day!

Good Morning.

My thumb feels much better.

I am a little happier...........

Glad your thumb feels better. It's the little things that count!!! :thumbup:

Morning girls~

Slept in til 7:30!!! aaahhhh...just what the doctor ordered.

We have the gardener and the garage guy coming this am. Then I need to ship my puter to Russ (Laura's husband) and then come home. Going out to lunch w/ Jenny and Annette...we think.

Have a great weekend everyone.

I need to go to WW on Wed for the weigh in. I was SOOOO bad yesterday, but getting right back on it today!

xooxox