Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

Regular day, then picking up dd after school & we're both getting hair cuts -- long overdue! Then we zip back to the MS for the annual "teachers v. students" b'ball game for charity... dd is playing in the pep band. DH will have to get ds to his jazz band practice this eve. As always, phew!

Here's a series of pics of dd in the "slouchy cable beret" I knitted for her (it's a bit *too* slouchy for me, but she likes it... too bad it's spring now!):

post-632-13813809558831_thumb.png

post-632-13813809559325_thumb.png

post-632-13813809559788_thumb.png

Everyone make it a great day! Pam I hope your back feels better!

post-214707-13813139196769_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139197066_thumb.jpg

post-214707-13813139197356_thumb.jpg

Love the beret!!! Too cute!

Back is 50% better, but still killing me! I have my 10s unit on and will wear it all day. Just need to drive to 7-11 for a battery.

Can't stay home again...bored and I need to save some days for May!!!!

Anyone watching Idol? How about Nurse Jackie?

Have a great day!

Michelle, I love the beret, the colors are adorable and I would totally wear that. :0)

Your daughter is a real cutie as well with such a sweet smile.

Michelle, I love the beret, the colors are adorable and I would totally wear that. :0)

Your daughter is a real cutie as well with such a sweet smile.

Aw shucks... thanks! :thumbup:

Good morning, Violets.

A semi-lazy day here today. The Bobster is gone all day working and Jen decided not to go to Zumba so I don't have Ethan at all today. Sooooooooo I'm going to do laundry, exercise on my glider and pop a roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight. I have choir rehearsal tonight, but that's it. It's another beautiful day here today with the sun shining and temps right now at 35, but going to get up to 50 again.

I had a slice of toast with Peanut Butter for Breakfast and will have some tilapia and red cabbage for lunch.

Tomorrow is working out in the yard day. With the snow all gone, it's time to rake the grass and get all of the dead stuff out of the flower gardens.

Hope everyone has a good day. Laura.. how is Carson today??

Michelle... LOVED the beret!! She is such a cutie patootie.

PamELa... I didn't have NDS rehearsal last night so I was able to finally watch Idol. Crystal all the way! There were so many "pitchy" singers last night... what's with that? The guy with the guitar was really good too, but it was the wrong song for him.. he didn't make it his own.

Janie.. how did it go at the docs???

Heather and Haydee... hugs to you both!!

Suzyt.. where are you??

Beret is tres cute! That's funny because for Christmas my brother wanted a dread cap (I don't remember the exact term anymore), and I googled n googled.. he wanted one that hung way back to hold dreads.. anyway, all I could find were homemade ones on etsy, that were ridiculously priced and the ones I ended up going 'ok that one looks nice, I want it'.. it was already sold!! You should look into that, apparently it's got a big market.

Oh my sad Carson update, he acts fine during the day but when the sun goes down he is so pathetic!!! He was just wailing in pain last night and the wailing would make him cough so much he couldn't breathe, repeat. So we let him stay in bed with us all night (one of us held him all night long). Long night. I am hoping so much the antibiotics have him feeling better today. I don't know since he doesn't seem to care during the day, but fingers crossed he has relief tonight!!

Carson, hope you feel better soon!!

Michelle, love the beret and your daughter is becoming quite the woman!!

Pamela, I am watching Idol, I agree wwith Judy too many pitchy moments!!

Judy I have lost a total of 16 or 17 pounds and all is well. Although on of my customers brought me in a lets see, I will use non food words blue cotton log. Just one but it was large and boy was it goooddddd!!!

THAT'S AWESOME, JANIE!!! I'm so proud of you and glad that things are starting to turn around weight wise. Also so glad you got the motivation to get things taken care of. You ROCK, woman!!!!

Now, about that blue cotton log.. :thumbup:

Laura.... I got a phone call from Kris this morning and she is so weary. Grady has been crying non stop during the day. He just wants to be held and then not and then yes and then no. She doesn't know what to do. He is on Amoxicyllin for his respiratory infection and is now fever free, but still whiny and crying. I thought maybe it had something to do with all the activity and company they had in Florida for a week and now it's back to a very quiet home with just Mom there. I told her to take him out for a nice long stroller/walk today. I think it will do both of them good.

Beret is tres cute! That's funny because for Christmas my brother wanted a dread cap (I don't remember the exact term anymore), and I googled n googled.. he wanted one that hung way back to hold dreads.. anyway, all I could find were homemade ones on etsy, that were ridiculously priced and the ones I ended up going 'ok that one looks nice, I want it'.. it was already sold!! You should look into that, apparently it's got a big market.

That is so funny because that's exactly what we were joking that it would be good for -- a big rasta head of hair!! I had no idea I was on the cutting edge of fashion... :thumbup:

Oh my sad Carson update, he acts fine during the day but when the sun goes down he is so pathetic!!! He was just wailing in pain last night and the wailing would make him cough so much he couldn't breathe, repeat. So we let him stay in bed with us all night (one of us held him all night long). Long night. I am hoping so much the antibiotics have him feeling better today. I don't know since he doesn't seem to care during the day, but fingers crossed he has relief tonight!!

Oh poor guy! Poor 'rents, too!! Hope tonight is better for all of you!

Fantastic job, Janie! Just great!! But I can't figure out "blue cotton log"?

Judy, that sounds like good gramma advice... strollin' in the sunshine!

Well, am off to change clothes and get going for my errands & activities... everyone enjoy the eve!

Janie, that is OUTSTANDING...Good for you!!! Everyone's lost and I've found. Gotta get my head back in the game, but I'd rather eat! LOL

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

When the phone rang at 6:50am, we knew.

My MIL passed this morning.

DH is already on his way up to NJ to be w/his father.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts & prayers... she is at peace.

Michelle~ having lived through a LONG battle (8 yrs), I am happy to hear it was quick for your MIL. She is out of pain now. My heart, love and prayers are with your family, especially FIL the next few days/weeks! So sorry for your loss, so happy she is at peace.

xooxoxxooxoxxo

Jane,

Thank you for your sweet housewarming card! I love sand castles!!! You are so thoughtful and I can't wait until you (all) come over and visit!!!

Michelle... So sorry for all of you, but she is pain free and in the arms of God. It's those that are left that deal with the grief. Know that you have lots of love coming from the Bobster and me. Please give your FIL an extra hug from us.