Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I'm sorry, girlies, I don't mean to make you cry. I even thought about deleting the "middle of the night" post when I went back and read it in the light of day... how dramatic of me!... but it certainly expresses how I was feeling at the time. If I can't be honest here w/each of you, then where can I be? I feel so safe & loved by you all... THANK YOU!!!

Me again! W/an actual weight-loss-related post!

I am trying to gain back control... so am doing liquids today... & this is always the "witching hour" when my will falters... so thought I'd check in instead of hang out in the kitchen.

Actually, my "witching hour" is more like HOURS, lol! From about 3pm 'til bedtime. Ach.

Am drinking Choc Silk Light w/a scoop of "ice cream sandwich" Protein Powder & ice, blended... it mixes up very thick... I'm pretending it's a DQ chocolate shake!

Good afternoon, Violets..

I'm just up from a nap. The Bobster and I got into a little to do and I smashed my hot chocolate mug and stormed upstairs. And yes, we DO sometimes fight. He apologized when I got up so we are back to normal.

Only problem with those "in the moment" rages is the aftermath. I loved that mug!!! Oh well.

After having the clothes too small, I decided I needed to get back on the wagon.... again. the no sweets for Lent only lasted a couple of weeks. So I'm back on that again. AND we have an appointment with the lap band doc April 19th. It will be after my 3 year bandiversary and we haven't been to see him in well over a year. It's time.

Michelle.. don't you dare think about deleting honest posts!! That's why we're here, remember?? ... to Celebrate the victories and share the load when things get tough.

Haydee... our Fashion Bug store closed here in Alpena, so the closest one is a couple of hours away. I took advantage when Kris and I traveled on Saturday, but I guess I should have been more careful and tried everything on like Janie said. Their XL certainly isn't like what I have been wearing. sighhhhh

Heather... my DD Kris started walking when she was 9 months old. It CAN be done!

Laura... hope Carson is feeling better.

Janie.. anxious to hear how things went at the doctor.

Shout outs to everyone else.

I'm off to fix crab cakes and spinach for supper. I had a slice of toast with cheese for Breakfast and 1 egg and 1 slice of toast for lunch which I pb'd totally by eating too fast. arghhhhhh I was able to keep the 2nd egg and slice of toast down though. I've had a cup of hot chocolate and that will be my sweet treat for the day.

Catch you later, ladies!

Judy I cracked up at your post! I can't imagine what your sweet husband did to deserve your wrath! Poor bob! Poor mug!

Michelle, sending you skinny vibes! Your smotthie sounds delish!

For today I've had a scrambled egg for breakfast, greek yogurt with granola for snack and a cup of turkey chili for lunch. Going to grab another half cup of yogurt in a bit then planning on pot roast for dinner...

I ate some bad foods for lunch, but hopefully that will be the end of it til Easter. I am going to allow myself some bad foods then.

I did good. He is taking me off the medicine I take for my headaches, he said it can cause you to gain weight. He is putting me on something else called topomax, he said he hoped my insurance pays for it. He said if it doesn't, then appeal. It would be a relief if I didn't have headaches all the time!! I deal with them as a way of life, and only get sidetracked when they are horrible. So maybe I will be skinny AND headache free!!!

I go back to him the day after Easter, and hopefully I can lose 10 pounds by then. I want to be under a certain weight then.

Okay speaking of headaches, I have one and am going to lay down!!

Judy I cracked up at your post! I can't imagine what your sweet husband did to deserve your wrath! Poor bob! Poor mug!

My sweet husband was making fun of the shows I watch. He was saying how stupid the show "Kendra" is and I was annoyed because it's my brainless time. I enjoy the show. When I got upset, he used a word that I don't tolerate and he knows it. He used it just to get a rise out of me. Well, he did!! Maybe he'll think next time he decides to use that word when speaking to me.

Good evening, Violets..

I'm back from Community Chorus rehearsal and now watching a bit of DWTS. Sorry, but I don't like watching Buzz Aldrin dance. Why do they put on the 80 year olds and expect them to compete with the young ones??

Tomorrow I have Grady while Kris gets her hair done. He has an upper respiratory infection, but is on antibiotics so hopefully he won't be too cranky with Gramma.

Wednesday I get Ethan again for an hour and a half since Jen wants to continue with Zoomba. She is doing much, much better with her meds. Even Ethan is excited when she comes to pick him up unlike before when he never wanted to leave Gramma's house.

Off to watch some more tv.

Everyone have a good evening..

Food report for today..

B= 1 slice toast with 2 slices cheese nuked

L= 2 eggs, 2 slices toast (pb'd 1 of each)

D= 2 crab cakes 1/2 cup spinach

S= 1 cup hot chocolate

S= 1 cup kettle corn

Good morning!! Another early meeting. The taxing district of which I am secretary is getting a farmers market together, that is why all the early meetings. I think I am going to come home after and take a little nap!!

It is supposed to be a beautiful day here, but it is COLD!!

Make it a good one!!!!!!!!

Hey girls~

Jane, what time is you early meeting???

OMG, I am in PAIN! My back is completely broken and I can't walk. ssssoooooo I have to trek into work (alot harder now) to make plans. That completely sucks. Then I gotta trek back to Palm Springs to see the doctor at 8:30 as soooooon as he opens. It is from my waist to my pelvis...and it is out of alignment or something. UUUGGG! Gotta love a pain pill for breakfast!

Soooo sad about it too! I had a lot planned for today. oh well!

be back later!

Carson's cough has gotten worse, and he had a fever again on Sunday. He wakes up screaming, but no indication of what is wrong; till last night his right ear is draining... so we took him back to the doc this morning.

Ear infection in BOTH ears. He did not have any of the symptoms, I kept checking.. no red ears, no pulling at his ears, and his pain cries made him wiggle and squirm so I couldn't figure it out. So now he's on another antibiotic.

He gave me a funny look when I told him his antibiotics were out on Sunday. He said it should have lasted till this wed. But I called the pharmacy last week to check if the dosage was right, and the rx was written right because I thought it was gone too quick too.. they said it was right.. I know I measured right. HUH!

He said the antibiotics should make him FEEL better within 24 hours.. I sure hope so.

So that's why I am MIA and behind, I have been having to hold him all the time and rock him, etc.

Hey girls...

Typing on my phone from my mom's house. Busy busy day w lots of driving all over the dc area. Left home @ 7:45am & won't get back til 5 pm or so... Phew!

Pam, I hope doc helps u!

Judy, I agree w haydee... can't picture u & bobster in a tiff!

Janie, sounds like you're doing great! Yay!

Haydee, sounds like u r in the zone, too! Yay!

Hi to everyone!!

Oh Laura, pour lil guy... poor mama! That happened once w ds... so gross + it makes u feel like an idiot for not catching it sooner. At least it did me. I hope these new antib's work quickly!!

I had the same ear infection problem with Ayla and the issues kept occurring over about a months time. She had Amoxicillin first but within a day or two of finishing the rx she was having problems again. Augmentin finally fixed it. I also ran out of meds a couple of days early and I am conscientious about how much I give her. I had to get a script refill and pay twice for what I didn't get all of the first time.

Her only symptom was screaming inconsolably after she laid down. The doctor said the pressure builds up when they are laying down. It helped to let her sleep in the swing or carseat at that time because it kept her in a semi sitting position and releaved some of the pain.

The first antibiotic he gave him I had never heard of. I think they are careful about his antibiotics since Russ is allergic to sulfer drugs & penicillin.

They put him on Augmentin today. I thought he was getting the yummy pink stuff, I was wrong, this stuff STINKS.

Wonder what's up with the shortage of antibiotics..

She absolutely, positively HATED augmentin. My husband and I had to hold her down. We also had to keep the medicine syringe in her mouth for a moment until she tried to swallow because otherwise she would purse her lips and we would be promptly sprayed with it. I didn't know little babies could spray before that point. :0)

Unfortunately, Augmentin ruined her for all meds. She used to be OK with baby tylenol but after the augmentin for 10 days, she immediately wants to reject anything given to her from a baby syringe or other common applicator.