Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I read this in a women magazine and thought back to when Haydee went to a Dr. that suggested it. So I thought I would try it, we have a natural food store on the corner and got a bottle for $4. I will transcribe the article below

If frequent cravings are making it hard for you to flatten your tummy, take a cue from Fergie: her trainer advised her to take two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar twice a day.

A Japanese study found that people who drank two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before meals for four weeks lost an amazing five times more weight than those who ate the same foods without vinegar.

thanks for that tip! I had forgotten about that... My doctor had told me to do that when i was craving something but i never actually tried it... Let me know how it works!

I did two shots of it today. It is not horrible, but not great! The nice thing about it is, the taste doesn't linger in your mouth. I hope it works!

Judy where are you?????????

Good morning.

Early morning meeting again!!

I am so not happy at 6:30 a.m.

Fairly busy today at work.

Okay here I go off to the shower!

Have a good day everyone!!!!!!!

Good morning,Violets..

Busy day yesterday.. I had a flute rehearsal for two hours in the morning, then folded the bulletins for church. Took care of Ethan until 2 in the afternoon and then worked on the program for our flute concert. Took a few hours, but finally got it looking good, printed and folded.

Our singing concert is tonight and I'm a little nervous. Our "leader" keeps telling us everything we are doing wrong and that's not giving us much confidence at this point. If I didn't have so much money invested in our new outfits, I'd say it was time for me to bow out. When it becomes more of a job than a pleasure, then it's time to quit.

Ethan comes in a little bit for the day. The Bobster has my cold now, so he's sniffling and moping about. And snow is expected this weekend... arghhhhhhhhhh

Michelle.....have a safe trip. Hugs and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

Everyone make it a good day. Will try and check back later.

Edited by Teachlady

Good Morning Violets~

Judy, good luck tonight!!! I swear you are so busy, but I agree...if you're not enjoying it anymore stop doing it!

Michelle, you really have wonderful kids...good for them and many prayers and purple power to your entire family!

Haydee, welcome back!!! I can't wait to see pix and getting very excited about our trip to see you!!!

Janie, is spring a busy time for you? I'd think that after a long winter, everyone wants to get their 'do done.

Susie, WE NEED AN UPDATE!! I was thinking about you this week...how are things w/ Gia?

Heather, how is the new situation working out w/ the sitter?

Laura, how are things on your front? Hope everyone is on the mend...

I am freakin' exhausted. Susanne just informed me we are doing the garage tomorrow. It will be nice to have it done and get my car inside, but waaaahhhh...I am tired. Had my late meeting yesterday and didn't get home until 8!!! That is way late for a teacher.

We are going on a double (maybe triple) date on Saturday night w/ Jenny/Annette and Lisa/Noelle to dinner and then Alice in Wonderful in 3d at the IMAX. Looking forward to it, but at this point, wouldn't be surprised if we snore through the whole thing, lol!

Pop in later...have a great day girls!!

xoxo

Happy Friday everyone.

Janie, I agree that Spring is a great time for a new look. Do you see a lot of people looking for big changes at this time of year?

Haydee, welcome back from vacation. You are so lucky. I can't believe that the wedding is just around the corner.

Michelle, I am happy that the kids decided to stop in to see your MIL. I think it is good for them.

Susie, I am really curious how things are going with Gia as well.

My son asked to go to the chinese buffet last night. I didn't really want to go much because my band is really tight. However, we went and, lo and behold, my band seemed to be open and I could eat a lot. I don't understand why it does that - or is there something special about chinese food with the sauces that makes it more like a slider food . . . I don't know.

Things are going well. We had dinner with her two social workers Wednesday. The investigating social worker and her permanent foster care worker. That helped a lot for someone other than "mom" to say that she just needs to be a kid!

I think we are settling in a little. I have a hard time convincing her to do small things -- she hates to brush her teeth, make her bed, keep her room clean, etc. But if that is the worst of it.....I can deal.

I have cut her off from all the old programs she was using on the internet -- they were too old for her. No retaliation, so that is good. She has found new sites where she can play games, but there is no one to chat with. :frown:

I much prefer, however, that she play with the kids in the neighborhood. Which she does for the most part. They range in age from 4 to 13 but are all good kids.

I took her to the doctor yesterday and all was fine. Dentist next week and therapy starts the week after that.

For Easter we are driving to Indiana to stay with my parents. My brother, SIL, and their 3 daughters will come down on Saturday and stay until Sunday after church. I think it will be good for her to see a 'real' family -- how we interact, etc. But, of course, she asked if my mom had a computer. I said not one that you can use.....

We played Yatzee last night and one night last week we played Scrabble. My brother's girls love games too so I imagine there will be a few played then.

Well, better get busy for the day....

A quick pop-in before I finish packing up & we hit the road...

Thanks for all the good wishes!! We'll need them!

Susie... two fun games that we enjoy are Snorta and Farkle... you can get them both @ Target... Snorta has you laughing & laughing, it's in the board game section, and Farkle was the "it" game while we were in Mexico, the kids couldn't stop playing it, it's kind like Yahtzee... it was in the "card game" section, but it comes in a orange plastic container the size/shape of a Soup can. Oh, another fun one is LCR, that's a dice game in the card game section, as well. My sister's family plays that one for cash!

Haydee, so glad you're relaxed & rested & ready to get going for these next 2 months -- I can't believe it's just 2 months!! Wow on the bootcamp!

Judy, sing well! Enjoy it!! I have a sneaking suspicion that your group sounds FABULOUS!!

Janie, interesting!! Will have to check it out. 5x more weight is a stong incentive!

Pam, have fun sleeping @ the movies, lol! :frown: Sounds like S is having fun getting all moved in!! & you, too, right? Busy, but fun.

Ack, who I am forgetting? Hi to Laura & Heather & everyone else!!

Good evening, Violets..

The concert was a success. Only one song got a little messed up at the end, but we laughed and everyone enjoyed everything.

I'm off with DD Kris in the morning for some retail therapy in Saginaw three hours away. Everyone have a good day. I'll check in to update the countdown and then be on my way.

Sleep well, my lovelies!!!

Judy have fun!!

Michelle, lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way!!

I rented "This is It" from the redbox, need to finish it, so off to bed I go to finish the movie!!

Good night!

So glad it's Friday!

Judy, I'm sure you sounded wonderful tonight! And I agree, when it starts being a "job" it's time to do something else... How's your DIL doing?

Michelle - have a safe trip!

Heather - I'm the same with chinese food buffets. I think it's the sauce too. I can eat way too much. I stay away from the rice...

Jane - gah, i'm gonna have to try the apple cider vinegar. Does it sit in your pouch and burn?

Pammy - hows it going in the new house? Met any neighbors yet?

I'm so so tired... I've got weddings tomorrow. TWO of them. Yuck... I better go to sleep now...

Everyone have a fantastic weekend. I probably won't have a chance to check back in until monday...

Haydee, it really goes right through and down. It tastes bad for 1 second. It sort of burns your throat, but that is only for an instant. It is a weird feeling!

I hope all has a great weekend! I am off to work, then helping out with Anna.

Good Morning Violets~

Does anyone watch that show Spartacus? OMG is that good.

We are up drinking coffee, watching Spartacus and watching the sun come up on the mountains....aaaahhhhhh! We are sooo happy w/ these views, just breath taking. When I find my camera I will take some mountain pix. We are not near the big mountain, but are near the "Chocolate Hills". It is gorgeous!

On tap for today is the "speaker guy", the "closet guy" and working in our garage. I have a big pile of papers that are all IMPORTANT and I need to go through and organize bills for this house, the old house, misc receipts, etc. I've carried this box for two weeks putting in misc papers and bills as they came in.

We opened up our first JOINT CHECKING...a real big step for same sex couples!! LOL. I kid, but it is a big step. We've had a credit card we shared (from costco and we get $ back), but this is different. We are excited!!!

I was an asshole yesterday at work, to a grownup. HATE HOW I'VE FELT SINCE THEN. I need to be better than that behavior. I usually am better...usually always. Anyway, going to reflect this weekend about it.

Have a great day!

xoxoxo

Wow this is hard but am glad that we are here. Kids doing well. So so so sososososososososososo sad...