Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Grady was here for an hour and now Ethan is here for the rest of the afternoon. Gramma is going to be tired tonight!!

Three Cups of Tea is by Greg Mortenson and he builds schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. It's a good read. Says a lot about the Muslim culture and how we can't categorize a whole ethnic group because of one faction. Sort of like categorizing all Christians because of the fundamentalist right wingers.

I'm now started on Patrick Swayze's book. I know it's gonna be a tear jerker.

Another good eating day here. I think I've weaned myself away from the sugar. I'm not craving it anymore. I had an egg and a sausage patty for Breakfast and some leftover turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy and salad for lunch. Turkey noodle Soup for supper and then we leave in the morning for Detroit and the Piston's game.

Laura.. LOVE the hardwood and the new carpet. What a difference it makes.

PamELa.. I happen to have a g/f with a big mouth, but she lives in Palm Springs, Ca. :):tongue2::tt2:

Haydee... you KNOW the Violets could take charge and make sure everything was running smoothly, right? RIGHT??????

Laura - WOW, that's it? for the whole thing?? That's an awesome price...

Pamela - oh i have plenty of those, belive me, LOL. But the problem is that I don't want any of my guests to have to miss anything because they are worried about making sure things are going smoothly. And I don't want to worry one bit that day. I just need someone who has done this before and who knows what to do in case of something going wrong. Rather than calling me when the liquor doesn't show up, I'd rather them get on the phone with someone else and arrange for liquor to show up. Know what I mean??

Judy - Oh I know the Violets would take charge... If ya'll were here, OMG, I would just sit back and just make sure that I had a good girdle on under my dress, LOL...

Yeah that price was for everything.. well, everything she does. I had to pay for like the DJ, stuff, etc.. but it was $600 for her coordinating. And she was to be there the day of the wedding to sign off on things, get everything organized. I thought it was kind of expensive LOL. Right off the bat though, she had complete opposite opinions of the FEW things I knew I wanted, so she rubbed me the wrong way.. she would try to convince me why I need to do it the way she thinks.. but in any event, we ended up not having that wedding!

It's true, get a good friend to help!!

Nice flooring Laura!! Want to get hardwood on my floors in the next year or so. Will you come and take before and after pics? Those were great!!

I am going to cut up gumdrops for these Cookies I make, I have tried everything possible to make it easier, a cheap egg slicer works, but I couldn't find any cheap egg slicers, it usually takes a few, so I am going to cut them up to make after work tomorrow...........

Good morning, Violets..

We're off to Detroit and the Pistons game. It's on tv at 3:00 here. Look for us in the first row behind the bench and off to the side a smidge. I'll have on my blue Piston's shirt and Kris will be the one jumping up and down and trying to kiss Tayshaun Prince, her all time Piston's idol.

Everyone have a wonderful New Year's Eve. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jane - YUM! your gum drop Cookies are going to turn out so pretty with all those colors. Are you mixing them into the batter or just putting them across the top?

Judy - have so so much fun and be careful driving!

Ugh, I'm here at work this morning. NOT fun! I work a full day then I have to get home and I'm in charge of making a brocoli, rice cheese casserole and then horseradish mashed potatoes for our party tonight. I hope I get to go home early. I still want to stop and do my nails. There is no way in heck I'm gonna accomplish all this before 7pm, which is what time I need to be at my parents house for the party...

I'm so so so excited. All of Juan's family will be joining us so there is no going back and forth. It'll just be one big party! YAY!

Good morning!!

I hope all has a safe and happy new year!

I still am thinking of hopping on a plane and going to see Pamela and K.C.!!

Judy drive safely!!!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haydee, I am working this morning also, not feeling the going to work, it is a short day for me, but....... I mix the gumdrops in the batter. I can post the recipe if you want, it is good, my grandma used to make them, then the recipe was lost, then in a old cookcook we found the recipe again!

Michelle, have a great new year, are you getting snow again?

Laura, how is Carson doing with the teething? I have heard rubbing their gums with alcohol works too, although that just doesn't sound right does it?????? I hope you and Russ have a great new year!!

Ok off for a shower and then to work!

Happy Last Day of 2009!~~

This is it! The last day! Tomorrow is a brand-spankin' new year AND.... most importantly... Haydee's wedding year!!! So excited to rip the wrappings off 2010 and see where it takes us! When 2009 started, I didn't know I was going to get a fabu trip to Cali this year -- or a Disney trip -- so you never know where we'll end up this year!! Anything is possible!!

HAYDEE!! Santa must've finally recovered from his trip around the world last week and made a second round, because when we got home yesterday, a certain package was waiting for me on my porch! THANK YOU!! How did you know that my hands are a mess this winter? All dry and flaky and cracking... ugh! But I love the soap and lotion! I never splurge on things like this for myself... they're perfect! Thank you!!

Woke up to another inch of snow on the ground... crazy winter so far!

We're working in the office today... changing out the 2009/10 files and working on my biz reports for taxes, etc... fun, fun! No plans for tonight... probably watch a movie, watch Rockin' NY Eve... I'm feeling so old! DS & his g'friend are going to their first NY Eve party... & so it goes...

Pam, rock it out w/KC tonight!

Judy, I'm going to watch the game & look for you!!

Laura, the floors look great!!

Haydee, Janie, Heather, Suzy... have a great day, eve, and everyone --

Embrace the New Year! :lol:

Yeah I can't bring myself to put alcohol in his mouth lol.

His bottom teeth weren't this bad I swear, but this top tooth oh my goodness. He was screaming, literally without pause for 12 hours yesterday, no matter what I did. Made me feel bad cause mommy can't comfort him :lol:

Isn't that what mommies are suppose to do??

I got him benadryl though. We couldn't find infants, so I figured they don't make it. He has bad hives :biggrin:

So I googled and found out they just pulled it since people abused benadryl for babies. So I bought the children's, and gave him a dose so small it probably won't help. His back is really bad this morning with hives.

Going home from work early today since it's dead on holiday times. Friends coming over tonight so I gotta clean and cook snacks!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun one tonight.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

Michelle - I'm so glad you liked it. It's my favorite lotion and soap and I find that lavender scent just intoxicating. They have a whole line of all natural products that I love.

Laura - oweee, poor bebe Carson. Didn't know they pulled baby benadryl. On tv I always hear about people joking about giving their children benadryl so they could pass out and I always thought, they are just putting ideas into crazy peoples heads. And sure enough, they did. WOW, some people are just nuts. I hope he feels better soon. I wish I could help with some magical natural remedy but when I asked my mom she said whiskey too, LOL...

I seriously can't wait to get out of here. I'll be off for FIVE DAYS!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY...

Meeting the florist on Saturday and the coordinator on Monday. Mariachi on Tuesday. Everything is just coming together...

Aaaaaaaahhhhh, I can't wait!

Actually they pulled baby "just about everything" because people are not very smart about what they give (or really it is how much they give) their babies. Baby tylenol and a few items for digestive upsets are all that is left.

I know people who have used baby benadryl for very long international flights. If they follow correct dosage and it is only used for this purpose on an extremely intermittent basis, it doesn't seem like the worse thing you can do even though I would not do it with Ayla.

Ayla will be traveling the globe in 2010. I think she should be walking by the time we go. I have to admit that I am a little nervous about telling a little one who wants to go, go, go that they have to sit, sit, sit for 11 hours is a little intimidating. I plan on combatting this by carrying bags full of attention getting activities . . . but who knows if we will survive the experience, lol.