Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone eat fast food yet?

just wondering..im in mushies.. i had mashed potatoes from boston market ..and refried Beans from taco bell

I'm also in the mushies stage and am allowed to have chili from Wendy's. Yummy! :frown: Just make sure to chew, chew, chew! Some of the hamburger pieces are big.

I eat out nearly everyday... I eat Soup, chicken or tuna salads. I try to eat pudding, jello.. ect. I am having a hard time with McDonalds, Jack n Box, Whataburger.

I was out at football games for my kids from 8am until 2pm so I was starving and went through Taco Bell and got a low fat bean burrito (fresca they call it I believe). I chewed the heck out of it and everything was ok. I squish most of the insides out anyway (it drives my DH insane) so it wasn't too much for me either.

One observation: fast food is what helped get a lot of us here in the first place. It will be unavoidable in some situations. But, I think, instead of, "what fast food can I eat?" the better question is, "what can I have instead of the fast food?"

I went to Taco Bell about a week and a half ago and as I was waiting in line, the car in front of me backed into me. I felt that was a very agressive, yet appropriate sign that I should not be eating fast food. So, nope, no fast food here, but I have eaten out at a couple restaurants.

My first food out when I was on mushies was guacamole. God, it was so good. :lol I love avocados and ate quite a few of those while on soft foods. Yummy.

I do eat out, sometimes for pleasure and sometimes by necessity - either for business or because I'm away from home. I try to make good choices.

I have ended up in a fast food place a few times. My last business trip, I walked to Wendy's - there was nothing else around. I got a plain chicken sandwhich and Water, no fries or anything. And I didn't eat the top bun.

I have gotten teriyaki chicken with no rice at the mall - Sarku is the chain. It's dark meat chicken, very moist and when down well when I first started back on solids. I order it and eat less than half and get at least 1 more meal out of it.

Since I have to drive to class 1 night a week, I have been getting Chick Fil A chicken strips (3 count) which have 33 grams of Protein total. There are also 350 calories, which is much lower than the Zaxbys meal I used to eat prior to surgery. I know the fat is a little high compared to the calories, but even without the fries it is a filling meal on the go.

I don't feel it is too bad, since I only do this once a week.:)

I am glad to hear that some of us are changing the way our brains work when it comes to fast food. I'm not one to be harsh or critize and those of you who have been in our group for a while know that I am the first one to come to bat for my people, but we need to realize that part of the success of the band in behavior modification and avoiding such things as "fast food" and other junk. there are ALWAYS other alternatives to fast food. Yes it takes some thinking and preparation but didnt you do a ton of that to get your band...so why would you start the sabotage cycle after all the gruling work you did with the pre-op liquids and the surgery...YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT !! Erase the names of taco bell, wendys, jack in the box and McD's from your vocabulary...they're definitely not rooting for your success just your wallet !!!

"I am glad to hear that some of us are changing the way our brains work when it comes to fast food. I'm not one to be harsh or critize and those of you who have been in our group for a while know that I am the first one to come to bat for my people, but we need to realize that part of the success of the band in behavior modification and avoiding such things as "fast food" and other junk. there are ALWAYS other alternatives to fast food. Yes it takes some thinking and preparation but didnt you do a ton of that to get your band...so why would you start the sabotage cycle after all the gruling work you did with the pre-op liquids and the surgery...YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT !! Erase the names of taco bell, wendys, jack in the box and McD's from your vocabulary...they're definitely not rooting for your success just your wallet !!!"

formerfatchick- Please don't be so unrealistic. Yes, I agree with you. Fast food is what got many of us where we are. However, part of behavior modification is making good choices. If I can go to a fast food restaurant and make a good choice, then what's wrong with that? It's totally unrealistic to say "Never again" to fast food. I can go to McDonald's and get 1 scrambled egg when my family goes there for Breakfast. What's wrong with a scrambled egg? A scrambled egg made at home or a scrambled egg made at McDonalds? Also, what's wrong with Wendy's chili, or a baked potato? Grilled chicken? These are not JUNK foods! There are ALWAYS alternatives to fast food? Do you know our schedules? What about college kids like myself living away from home? We usually don't cook for ourselves and rely on eating out MOST of the time. Keep in mind that what works for you MAY NOT work for others! I'm a full-time nursing student who spends a lot of hours on my feet at the hospital. If I have to run downstairs to get a quick bite to eat from Wendy's...then so be it! Fast food is NOT out of my vocabulary! :blushing:

i agree with your post... but like others explained..sometimes we are in situations that its not avoidable...and i think that some of us should be congratulated for finding healthy foods and making healthier choices. I have never been a fan of fast foods and it can be months before i even visit a fast food joint. I think that eating Beans are healthier than mashed potaoes. I want to try my hardest to stay away from as many carbs as i can. ANYWAY... I know way did anything to sabatoge my band... I love the life style change i have made for me and my family :blushing:

I had a small Wendy's chili today! Every diet I've done, for the most part, allowed the small Wendy's Chili! It's surprisingly low in fat and has great protein!

ok.. so curious... when you do have fast food.. what are you favourite "healthy: choices... would be good to have a slight list on here, to refer to when we have to eat out.. .. whats your fav.. and why?

Reading my previous post here I hope it didn't sound shrill or preachy. That wasn't my intent.

But in reading through this site and many of the questions there are a lot of people struggling to lose their weight or disgusted and giving up. And I'm wondering if those are the same people eating at Micky D's and slurping down the Spagetti-Os?

I'm just starting out on this journey so I have no high ground to stand on. But - as is stated repeated like a mantra - the band is just a tool. Just like you can by a saw and it ain't gonna cut the wood without some elbow grease if you don't put in the effort to avoid bad choices it's going to be less successful. This isn't easy.

Yes, sometimes it will be unavoidable and you'll find yourself in a fast food place. And then making the best possible choice is the best option. But I'm going to do my damnedest to not give these fast food companies, who have done so much damage to me over the years, any more of my money.

Yes, sometimes it will be unavoidable and you'll find yourself in a fast food place. And then making the best possible choice is the best option. But I'm going to do my damnedest to not give these fast food companies, who have done so much damage to me over the years, any more of my money.

im not sure i deal well with this statement... the damage fast food companies have done to you over the years.. they didnt do it.. you chose to put that food in your mouth.. as your choosing not to do it now.. :blushing: