Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obama's trip to Montana a big stage!

A friend emailed me this letter concerning Obama's trip to Montana. It is sickening to me all that he is doing to our once wonderful nation. Please read it and comment if you please.

Hello All,

By now you have probably heard that President Obama came to Montana last Friday. However, there are many things that the major news has not covered. I feel that since Bill and I live here and we were at the airport on Friday I should share some facts with you. Whatever you decide to do with the information is up to you. If you chose to share this email with others I do ask that you DELETE my email address before you forward this on.

On Wednesday, August 5th it was announced locally that the President would be coming here. There are many groups here that are against his healthcare and huge spending so those groups began talking and deciding on what they were going to do. The White House would not release ANY details other than the date.

On about Tuesday, Bill found out that they would be holding the "Town Hall" at the airport. (This is only because Bill knows EVERYONE at the airport). Our airport is actually located outside of Belgrade (tiny town) in a very remote location. Nothing is around there. They chose to use a hangar that is the most remotely located hangar. You could not pick a more remote location, and you can not get to it easily. It is totally secluded from the public.

FYI: We have many areas in Belgrade and Bozeman which could have held a large amount of folks with sufficient parking. (gymnasiums/auditoriums). All of which have chairs and tables, and would not have to be SHIPPED IN. $$$$$

During the week, cargo by the TONS was being shipped in constantly. Airport employees could not believe how it just kept coming. Though it was our President coming, several expressed how excessive it was, especially during a recession. $$$$$

Late Tuesday/early Wednesday the 12th, they said that tickets would be handed out on Thursday, 9am at two locations, and the president would be arriving around 12:30 Friday.

Thursday morning about 600 tickets were passed out. However, 1500 were printed at a Local printing shop per White House request. Hmmmm......900 tickets just DISAPPEARED.

This same morning someone called into the radio from the local UPS branch and said that THOUSANDS of Dollars of Lobster were shipped in for Obama. Montana has some of the best beef in the nation! And it would have been really wonderful to help out the local economy. Anyone heard of the Recession?? Just think...with all of the traveling the White House is doing. $$$$$ One can only imagine what else we are paying for.

On Friday, Bill and I got out to the airport about 10:45am. The groups that wanted to protest Obama's spending and healthcare had gotten a permit to protest and that area was roped off. But that was not to be. A large bus carrying SEIU (Service Employees International Union) members drove up onto the area (illegal) and unloaded right there. It was quite a commotion and there were specifically 2 SEIU men trying to make trouble and start a fight. Police did get involved and arrested the one man but they said they did not have the manpower to remove the SEIU crowd.

The SEIU crowd was very organized and young. About 99% were under the age of 30 and they were not locals! They had bullhorns and PROFESSIONALLY made signs. Some even wore preprinted T-shirts. Oh, and Planned Parenthood folks were with them.....professing abortion rights with their T-shirts and preprinted signs. (BTW, all these folks did have a permit to protest in ANOTHER area)

Those against healthcare/spending moved away from the SEIU crowd to avoid confrontation. They were orderly and respectful. Even though SEIU kept coming over and walking through, continuing to be very intimidating and aggressive at the direction of the one SEIU man.

So, we had Montana folks from ALL OVER the state with their homemade signs and their DOGS with homemade signs. We had cowboys, nurses, doctors you name it. There was even a guy from Texas who had been driving through. He found out about the occasion, went to the store, made a sign, and came to protest.

If you are wondering about the press... Well, all of the major networks were over by that remote hangar I mentioned. They were conveniently parked on the other side of the buildings FAR away. None of these crowds were even visible to them. I have my doubts that they knew anything about the crowds.

We did have some local news media around us from this state and Idaho . Speaking of the local media...they were invited. However, all questions were to be turned into the White House in advance of the event. Wouldn't want anyone to have to think off the top of their head.

It was very obvious that it was meant to be totally controlled by the White House. Everything was orchestrated down to the last detail to make it appear that Montana is just crazy for Obama and government healthcare. Even those people that talked about their insurance woes...the White House called our local HRDC (Human Resource and Development Committee) and asked for names. Then the White House asked those folks to come. Smoke and mirrors...EVERYTHING was staged!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very dismayed about what I learned about our current White House. The amount of control and manipulation was unbelievable. I felt I was not living in the United States of America , more like the USSR. I was physically nauseous.

Bill and I have been around when Presidents or Heads of State visit. It has NEVER been like this. I am truly very frightened for our country. America needs your prayers and your voices. If you care about our country please get involved. Know the issues. And let Congress hear your voices again and again! If they are willing to put forth so much effort to BULLY a small town one can only imagine what is going on in Washington DC. Scary.

K.

Bozeman , Montana

More close minded BS

I am not one to get into political debates, because I have my opinion and can respect that you have yours so I don't see the point of arguing.

I will say this though - who is to say that your information is reliable? How do you know they called HRDC - were you listening in on this conversation? Or that he had thousands of dollars of lobster shipped in?

I was told to believe only half of what I see and none of what I hear, and am inclined to when I read stuff like this. I don't care who we are talking about - it could be Obama, Palin, McCain, or the boogey monster for all I care, I would still question the reliability of it.

I just wish people would base their opinions on fact, and not a chain email....really? A chain email. Send it to 5 people in the next 15 minutes or you're dreams will never come true.

That being said, thanks for sharing.

I never get involved in political discussions either but I read an email from a friend of mine in Montana and her report was quite different from the one pattygreen posted.

She said that the protestors who were against Obama and his presidency were very boistrous and ugly. Only once protestors from the other side showed up did they behave at all. They were outnumbered and intimidated which was cool because they've been able to cause such a ruckus at earlier events that were scheduled for Congressmen to discuss the healthcare proposals but who were unable to field questions or even in some cases finish their talks because of the opposing, totally obnoxious people shouting them down.

I think that real people who are sick to death of the healthcare debate being quashed by a few people who do not understand the questions much less know the solutions, are finally showing up in numbers and those anti-everything-related-to-Obama folks can't take what they've been dishing out.

Also, did you know that Obama is allergic to shellfish?

And I heard that the airport was the only venue that was able to handle the number of people who were expected to show up for Obama and we all know that there are no chairs in Montana and that's why they had to be flown in.

Let's get the facts right folks. And if you don't forward this message to at least 100 people within the next 3 minutes, you're unAmerian, unpatriotic, not a Christian, and you undoubtedly are married to your brother.

Patty ..... some of the information in that letter is true, but a lot of it isn't or is exaggerated. When I get something like that, I ALWAYS go to snopes.com to look for confirmation....or evidence otherwise. It is a highly regarded and honest website. Accordingly, go to www.snopes.com and in the search window, simply type "obama montana" and the first result is the one you are looking for.

Kind of smacks of one of those "chain letters". Also, don't believe it if somebody tells you that you're the winner of an "internet" lottery. :thumbdown:

Kind of smacks of one of those "chain letters". Also, don't believe it if somebody tells you that you're the winner of an "internet" lottery. :blushing:

wait...you mean...I didn't win???? DAMN!!!

I also wonder about e-mails such as these. PG, if your friend was so concerned, why would they want their e-mail address deleted? I should think they would have enjoyed a healthy debate from oh, let's say a zillion people to whom that e-mail had been forwarded. Gee, guess they aren't the fun-loving type.:blushing:

ThePoolGirl

Even if the letter is real… Who cares, I don’t see ANYTHING wrong in it. It is written as if there were supposed to be some grievous wrong committed and I just don’t see that there was.

1) Obama is the POTUS and there have been a few whackos that have already brought guns to Town Hall meetings. Security is a major concern, what is wrong with the location that was chosen being a secret till the last minute? Oh and before you 2nd amendment types get on my case about your god given right to bear arms, save it, I really don’t want to hear it. I’m not here to say you have to give up your guns (that is an entirely different discussion), but I see no reason why you should be allowed to bring them to a political rally – NOTHING good can come of it.

2) I have been to a lot of political rallies and neither side in a debate like this is ever “well behaved”. All of the people there are passionate about their beliefs. I am sure the pinko commie SEIU bullies and the redneck birther anti-health care yahoos (before you get all uptight about these terms, I am being careful to denigrate both sides here:tt2:) were equally rude and boisterous.

3) I’m sure that 900 tickets didn’t just disappear, they went to supporters and local organizers. I’m also sure that it wasn’t a secret and it certainly wasn’t some conspiracy. Why is this a surprise or even a problem? This always happens with these sorts of things, no matter which political party is involved.

4) From what I saw, the press did exactly what they were supposed to do. The majority of their coverage (and I watched it on all 3 cable networks) was about the President’s speech and a much smaller portion was devoted to protestors on both sides of the issue. I see absolutely no problem with that arrangement. From my perspective, the President WAS the news - the protestors were a side issue. If the President wasn’t there, there would not have been news at all right? So why should either group of protestors have gotten any more coverage than they did?

5) There were at least 2 comments in the email reminding us about the recession and it’s impact on the local economy. Hello? This Presidential visit was probably the single biggest event this little town’s economy has had since it was founded in 1906.

6) Don’t even get me started with the whole “homemade signs” argument. Just like argument #2 above, both sides in this debate are very organized and are more than capable of cranking out signs en mass for their supporters to use. The best ones are the mass produced signs that are actually made to look homemade (do those really fool anyone?). It’s not egregious, it’s just marketing 101 and a fact of the current political environment.

7) I don’t see why the author wanting their email address removed takes away any validity of letter. If I sent out some lame letter like this, I wouldn’t want my email address plastered all over the internet either. It just shows that they are cautious (or possibly embarrassed), it doesn’t prove it as a fake.

8) What’s with the comment about “THOUSANDS of Dollars of Lobster were shipped in for Obama” supposed to mean anyway? Even if he could eat it (BJean has informed us he can’t), the author makes it sound as if it were for him alone and that nothing else was on the menu. Really? Is this supposed to be any sort of meaningful argument? Hasn’t the author ever heard of a State dinner? It is the President of the United States for goodness sake. I don’t see how an elegant dinner is out of place. Regardless of how you feel about Obama and his policies, at least the Office deserves the respect of formality.

9) I love the comment “Just think...with all of the traveling the White House is doing. $$$$$ One can only imagine what else we are paying for.” Really? What planet is the author from? He is the POTUS, it is his job to get out and be the face of the administration to the public. This is nothing new, every president has done this before him (oh, and they all took vacations too – sorry that is another topic).

Sorry, this was a lot of ranting on my part but I have tried to stay away from LBT R&R for the last couple of weeks and I guess this topic was the one that sent me over the edge.

Kartman, methinks you're giving the "author" of this letter way too much credit.

Psst, just between you and I, my frustration was directed more toward the OP for posting it here than the “author” of the letter.

And BTW, you read way too fast. I barely posted that before you responded.

KartMan, thanks for putting into meaningful words what my thoughts were. Overall well said and I agree.

The poster of that email probably took out there email address cuz it's probably one of the same extremists responsible for some of the other ridiculous chains out there. You know the ones that say death panels are gonna begin to euthanize senior citizens. Or maybe it's the poster that said all children with cerebral palsy are gonnna lose there Medicaid benefits and SSI. Or could it be the same one that began the rumor that renal failure patents are gonnna be given a maximum amount of time to be on dialysis then kicked off to die. And I reallly don't wanna get into a political debate either. Some people want so desperately to believe our president is an evil man that they will say and believe anything that supports their dislike of the man. I didn't particularly care for George bush myself but I didn't let my dislike of the man cloud my judgement to the point where I was gulliable enough to believe every ridiculous rumor I heard about the man. People wanna hate him so bad if someone started a rumor that he worshipped the devil and had deep fried human hearts for dinner every night they'd believe it. And no I don't think he's perfect or the political second coming. But I'm also not dumb enough to believe the contents of every annonymous chain email that comes in my spam box.

Some people want so desperately to believe our president is an evil man that they will say and believe anything that supports their dislike of the man.

I don't believe he is an 'evil' man, but I do believe he isn't concerned about bringing this country to financial ruin. Some people want to believe he is a good man so desperately that they will believe that anything he does is for the good of the country and not for the good of politicians. Despite the striking evidence of tort reform success and benefits in the nation's second most populous state of Texas, this simple, basic and essential component of health care reform is completely missing from the all democrat proposals in congress. According to the Center for Responsive Politics (opensecrets.org), Democrats received $178 Million from donations from lawyers during the 2008 election cycle, three times what they donated to republicans; $43 Million of that went to the Obama campaign. That's 43 million reasons why Obamacare doesn't include the one component of healthcare reform that has been proven to work: tort reform!

According to the Texas Academy of Family Physicians, tort reform has resulted in an improvement in the quality of health care with the percentage of complaints about medical care actually going down! The money they save from going to all those lawyers is used for upgraded equipment, expanded ER's, patient safety programs, even charity care. Texas was once listed as 47th worst state ratio of doctors per citizen and will soon be in the lower 30's and improving. The number of obstetricians practicing is up by 27%, 12 counties that didn't have them now have at least one, the stats show major gains in all fields like neurosurgery and pediatrics, adding about 1500 doctors to Texas. (at a time when the debate rages over whether there are enough doctors) What was their answer? They got rid of Lawyers! Not literally, but they did take on the trial lawywers. They capped damages at $250,000 per defendant, or up to $750,000 per incident, while placing no cap on more easily determined economic damages, like lost wages or costs of medical care due to injury. And they don't allow law suits to drag on endlessly.(4 months) Doctors have seen their insurance rates go down by an average of 27% as a result! That's reform!

Obama and Congress know full well how to get a handle on health care reform, but their pockets are open wide and they will not allow their greed to do the right thing!

Lets not forget our 9 TRILLION dollar defecit, either!!! And please don't tell me that Bush started it. Because I agree. But it is Obama who is in office now, and I don't see any budget cuts, ONLY $pending!

As a leader, he should be setting an example. Did you know he's been on 4 (count them) 4 vacations in 6 months! Not little ones either, like the rest of us in America have to take in this economy. He and his family have been to Paris, Moscow, Martha's Vineyard, the Grand Canyon, etc. He flys everywhere! I bet before he was president he had credit card debt that was unsustainable for his family. It wouldn't suprise me.