Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kathy's Slow Loser NSV List

Okay, it seems I have been inducted into the Slow Losers Club. Odd, but I guess it's true. I haven't been all that worried about being a slow loser, as long as I am losing. But, my stats speak for me, especially considering I lost 15 pounds in 12 days post-surgery and nothing more for 3 months. So, sigh, here I am. I haven't been a good NSV keeper. I will do my best to keep track and post them here. But I'm hoping they'll have to kick me out of the club, since I really really like seeing the scale move :D

I can cross my legs now. It's easier if I am sitting back or lounging, but if I'm sitting up and scootch sideways a bit onto one hip, I can comfortably cross. WOW!

My shirts are just too big. I go to put one on and I'm choosing the smallest one I have because all that extra fabric bugs me. Time to shop, but the budget prevents it right now. I'll do it, really!

I need new bras. Forget the fact that the ones I have are stretched and old and ragged, they are too big! The girls just hang, I have no good support with them, and I look bustier than I really am unless I have the Body Dysmorphic Disorder thing going on about my chest size. Some of my bras are 40D's, some are 38D's, a couple are 40C's. I think I need 38, maybe 36D's? I can't imagine needing a 36C but it's possible? Anyhow, time to shop.

I got a hair cut and can't keep my hubby from chasing me around. Wait, is that the new 'do or an NSV?

Friends at church compliment me just about every week, tell me how good I'm looking and what a difference they can see. Yay!

My undies are a little baggy in the butt. Sigh. There goes more money.

I sleep better, don't snore anymore, and rolls in the hay with hubby are no longer uncomfortable...I can breathe when I'm laying down!!!!

My new pants, something I actually shopped for, are size 18-20W and they are loose. Not baggy yet, but loose.

My panni is shrinking a little. It's still there, the overhang above my C-sect scar, and it still looks terribly ugly and it's still in the way, but it's smaller. I even bothered to shave the bikini area the other day. I could almost see it!!

My slide on shoes slide off if I'm not careful. My feet have shrunk/shrank (which is it?).

I used to trudge up the stairs, but now I can walk right up. If I have my slippers on at home and need to go upstairs, I take them off and almost jog up.

Okay, that's it for now. I'll post more as they happen and I promise to do a better job of paying attention to them.

Slow Losers...I did it! I posted NSV's!!!!!

Kathy -

Great NSV's!! Thanks for getting the 'Slow Loser NSV' Ball rolling. We're privileged to have you in our little club.

I'm reading this before I go to work, so I'll try to post my list later. It won't be nearly as good as yours. I can tell that alot of thought went into it.

Congratulations on all your progress! We're there with you in slow loser land.

Kathy...you are GREAT!! :banana I am so lucky to have found you on here you are such an inspiration to me and to many!!!

You keep up with thise NSV and I know you...you will make that scale start moving also. Although I think lately it's been moving there girl.

I bent over to use the dust pan after sweeping my kitchen and I didn't pop an eyeball or faint from lack of oxygen. And I didn't have to spread my feet 6 feet apart to get down that low, I just bent over, and scooped, that's it! No heaving, no groaning, no red face, blood to the brain, no strain. Now, I'm sure it wasn't the most graceful looking dust pan scoop in the world, but it was OH! so much improved! Yay!

I wore my wedding rings to church Sunday. I grabbed them last minute and put them on, they didn't feel like they'd be too tight after an hour (even though I am NOT used to wearing rings anymore) so I wore them. During the service, I put my hand on hubby's thigh and he saw them and just stared. He hadn't seen them in so long he had to think about it! So he squeezed my hand, awww!

Later on in the car, he said, "Nice ring ya got there." and I said, "yeah, some feller gave it to me. Figgered I'd marry 'im" And he smiled.

THAT was great!!!!

Kathy, that's a great list you got goin' there! I have a tip for ya on the underwear; Some of mine are baggy in the butt and they are too high on the waist with they way they cut the jeans I've been buyin' lately, so I roll them a little at the waist. It'll help 'em last a little longer before you gotta go buy more. :)

I love the wedding rings one. I fit in my class ring a while back and thought it was great, and of course wedding rings are so much more important! :)

I have a tip for ya on the underwear; Some of mine are baggy in the butt and they are too high on the waist with they way they cut the jeans I've been buyin' lately, so I roll them a little at the waist.

I tried that but I have a funky shape and I can't get it to work! The butt shelf below my relatively small waist still sticks out too much, and then I have the extra belly part sticking out in the front...the C-section belly...so I need that extra room up there. The baggy part is at the bottom of my butt, just above the backs of my legs. It's pretty wierd. I CAN pull them up higher but I can't keep them from unrolling or bunching. Maybe insteda of a high cut brief, I need a different style? I'll suffer another 15-20 pound loss and break down. If only they don't fall apart before then!!!! :)

Great NSVs Kathy! I have avoided everyone else's NSV lists till now cause I just didn't want to tackle my own LOL! Funny, but we have some of the same NSVs. I love the wedding ring NSV the best! As far as panties, try to find some hip huggers made for plus size women. I had the saggy panty butt too & they solved the problem for me. Keep em coming! You're doing great!

Hey Kathy I'm in the club with you. We both are April bandsters. I went to the doctor today and I weighed 167lbs. That's 20 lbs since my pre-op diet. I have gotten down as low as 165. My NSV today was...when they took my blood pressure it was 120/90. Pretty good! I was excited about that. It had been elevated that last 2 times. Some of my size 14 pants I can take off without unbuttoning them. It depends on the brand I guess. All the new clothes that I have purchased, and that's not many, are size 12. I am able to walk 2 miles easily. I can paint my toes without my gut getting in the way. I will never again have to wear an XL shirt! At least there are positive things to keep us motivated! Keep up with the NSV girl!

I'll suffer another 15-20 pound loss and break down. If only they don't fall apart before then!!!! :)
Uhm, Kathy, dear, at the rate we are going with our Turtle Power, I'd think you are in more danger of them falling apart...

Try a hipster style.

Uhm, Kathy, dear, at the rate we are going with our Turtle Power, I'd think you are in more danger of them falling apart...

Try a hipster style.

Heh, you are so right. They'll fall apart before they have a chance to fall off, huh? Okay, 2 people say try hipsters so I will.

Hey, what's the dressing room etiquitte for undies shopping? Is it okay to try on these new hipsters if I leave my raggedy ones on underneath? I have been buying Jockeys in the box for so long I haven't tried on undies...ever? Someone tell me if trying on is okay. I figure if you can try on a swimsuit...just checking.

HAY! I found 2 more NSV's on the Summer Challenge thread, so I copied and now I'll paste...

From September?

My shoes are too big. My feet just don't fill them up anymore. My slippers slide off or I sling them off as I walk around in them at home, and my dressier slides are way big, my feet are just swimming in them! Huh.

AND my pants are dragging. I guess I just have less butt to keep them pulled up off the ground? My clothing choices these past years have been sloppily big, I'll admit, and so these pants are now under the heels of my too big shoes. They get wet at the hem if it's rainy outside. And not just from splashing, I'm walking on the backs of these things! Wowza! Of all the NSV's to catch my attention...I'm a bit more dumbfounded than excited, but still happy!! smile.gif

Okay, okay, please don't beat me up but I need a place to post my scale journal and since I already have one journal going here, just amuse me and let me post this weight log really quick...yes, I could start another thread but it's more to keep up with and I just looked, I have over 2500 posts on over 1500 threads on this board...I got enough going on. I'm my own worst enemy!

223.4 Band day 4/8/05

208.0 12 days post-op

207.2 6/27 yes, almost 3 months post-op with NO further weight loss

205.4 7/4

205.0 7/6 1st fill-12 weeks

202.0 7/11 small unfill

199.8 7/12 welcome to Onederland!

199.2 7/18

199.0 7/25

200.0 8/8

198.4 8/11

197.0 8/15

197.0 8/22

196.0 8/29

195.8 8/31

198.2 9/5

196.6 9/12-22 weeks

197.0 9/19

194.0 9/24

194.4 9/26

194.8 10/3

195.0 10/10

193.6 10/17

194.0 10/24

195.0 10/31

193.4 11/1-30 weeks

192.6 11/7

191.6 11/8

190.8 11/19

190.4 11/24

186.8 1/4/06

190.4 1/17-40 weeks

186.8 2/26

183.4 3/24-48 weeks

_____ 4/8 One Year Bandiversary!

I think it's interesting to see how the weight comes off slowly. I'll drop, gain, level out, drop a little more. I don't have a fancy graph but this give me the info I need. If I keep hovering in the 190's after giving it another few weeks of really good bandster eating, I'll consider a very small fill. Based on these numbers, though, I need to be patient and keep trying my best. It WILL work!