Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Hi October Bandsters, Can believe with so many of you out there none of you are posting? Or are you a bit dissapointed like me? I have gone off the rails due to Christmas and cant seem to get back on, is anyone else having the same problems? Perhaps we can helps one another get back on track. I am having a fill at the end of the week, as I have only had one so far and I am really hoping this will sort me out..... HELP!!:eek::wink:

Christmas was really hard for me and I gained weight! Got back on the wagon and doing good...but slow. I only have 1.5cc in my band...and it seems fine.

I did start going to the gym and it does help....the older you are the harder for the pounds to drop off!

Start fresh tomorrow like you were just banded! Then you will be able to get back in the routine.

Good luck!

ive been doing great im down 55lbs i got my first fill on the 8th. hope everyone else is doing good

fills have really helped me....everytime I start getting tooo hungry and am able to eat tooo much I have gone for a fill! I have had 3 fills and I believe I have 7.1cc's in my 10cc band ....also I watch youtube videos of other people who have had lap band and make weekly videos myself, helps me to stay on track....plus it's cool to see how diffrent I look already in just 3months:thumbup:

Sorry you are having a hard time of it Oliverdog - hopefully the fill will help you out.

I've had 2 fills so far - the first one was 4 cc's and the last one was only .5 cc (doc didn't think I needed one but I asked for at least a small one) - I'm now feeling a bit of a difference in that not everything goes down easily. I'm still making good choices and have been following "the rules"....I think the biggest change for me (aside from the smaller qty's/better quality food) is that I now exercise every day. I decided that I would strive to work out for 2010 minutes during the month of January, which works out to just over an hour a day (every day) - and I've stuck with that, and I've noticed a huge difference....I feel SO much better - last night I went roller skating for 2 hours and didn't even feel like I was going to die....I've started running and can do it and I just keep pushing myself a bit more each day. Some days it's harder than others but I have to do something different than what I've always done in the past - which is start a diet, start exercising and then find some reason to stop and become complacent....I have to remind myself everyday why I did this and what I went through and just realize that as hard as it is to get the pounds off - it's way TOO EASY to gain them back :wink:

Anyway - good luck with the fill and just keep reminding yourself why you did this and try as hard as you can to stick to the rules and even if it's slow as long as you are moving in the right direction, you'll eventually get to where you want to be.

Hey everyone:-)

I agree with Janet md that the weight is slow in coming off and that's to be expected with the lapband. I have a cousin that had the sleeve done and she keeps asking me WHY I haven't lost more. I think that people just don't understand the band sometimes. I get my third fill tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it being my charm. I lost 17 pounds post-op and about 17 pounds since surgery. About a week after surgery I felt like my old self,,, so much so that I wasn't even feeling like I had a band at all. My doc said that's normal for a lot of people and after my first fill the end of Nov. I did so much better but I know that I'm not at that sweet spot that everyone talks about,,,, yet:-) I figure that it took me 19 years to get this weight on and keep it for all this time,,, so if it takes me a year to get it all off then I'm ok with that:-) Now, OF COURSE I'd love it to come off in the next few months,,, but gotta be realistic:-)

So anyway, that's my story so far in this journey. I've not been on here as much as I need to or want to lately,,, but I do think it helps so much to be connected to others in this journey.

October 7th 298

January 25th 265

I feel great and my problem has been my habits, I have lost 44lbs so far but I catch myself when not even hungry going after that snack at night, nights are my worst enemy. I have only had one fill at 2cc and I do no notice any changes with my eating just yet but hope in Feb. that when I get my second fill I will notice a change. It will always be a battle except now I have the band in my corner.

Banded 10/07/2010 starting weight 223

Current weight 179

I was having the worst time after Christmas. Christmas was acutally fine because i was backpacking through Asia but when I came home I got my christmas package with atleast 20 pounds of junk ( no one knows i'm banded) and I ate most of it. I did gain 1kg I think but it was ok because I lost atleast 3 kg while backpacking.

After I had given the remaining of my goodies away to my students I did the 5 day pouch test and I lost 3kg. It was great because after I finished I got right back onto the healthy eating band wagon. If you want to read about my pouch test struggles etc check out my blog :wink:

Mom2girls,,, you have done great with the 44 pounds. I SO agree with you about the bad habits and all. But like you said,,, the band in our corner is the best tool I've ever had! It's there when the willpower isn't. Even though my band isn't working for me yet with the being full with less food, ,, it is for sure keeping me away from breads and rice. I made the mistake of eating 1 bite of my daughter's pancakes the other day and man o man did I regret it! My troubles now are keeping the Protein up without my fat and carbs going up too. But I'm still loving the fact that I got the band. It's there and I'm doing great and I know it will just take that one last fill to put me where I need to be:-)

I have had 2 fills since I was banded on 10/19, and I certainly have found what restriction means to me! I started this journey at 277lbs and the scale this morning said 237, so I know the numbers are headed in the right direction.

I have so say that although I have a hard time seeing the difference, my friends, family and co-workers tell me every time they see me how great I look. That makes me know this decision was the right one for me.

Good Luck, October Bandsters! We are all on our way to our new and improved selves!

:wink:

The weight loss is extremely slow but I`ve lost 28lbs now. I`ve already had 2 fills and have got 5.5cc in a 10cc band but I have no restriction at all. I`m still following the band rules though, however difficult. I`m going to have a 3rd fill on Friday. Hopefully the 3rd one will be the one that gives me some restriction.

Good luck to all of us on this journey.

I was banded on 10/14/09 and have lost 30 lbs since I started the two-week pre-op diet. I have had 2 fills with 4ccs in a 10cc band. I do have some restriction but have another fill scheduled for 2/2/10. I'm hoping that will put me at the sweet spot. So far I have been happy with my decision. When I don't lose weight, I know why. I'm glad that the October Bandsters are posting again. Great to hear from everyone.

I am down 45lbs since surgery and 55lbs all together. My weightloss has slowed down now to 2lbs a week. Which is what I am supposed to be losing. I'm doing pretty good. I've had 2 fills already. I have 3.5cc's in my 10cc band. I have my head hunger fits once and awhile but I try very hard not to give into that temptation.

Over all I am feeling much better. I am happy with my progress so far.

Hi October Bandsters, Can believe with so many of you out there none of you are posting? Or are you a bit dissapointed like me? I have gone off the rails due to Christmas and cant seem to get back on, is anyone else having the same problems? Perhaps we can helps one another get back on track. I am having a fill at the end of the week, as I have only had one so far and I am really hoping this will sort me out..... HELP!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Hello October bandsters!!!!

In response to this quote I am not disappointed at all!!!! You should realize that you must do your part; this surgery is not a quick fix!!!! I just had my first fill on 1/26/10-3ccs and my weight loss is on point. I try to stay on point for I think about all I had to go through prior to the surgery.Just continue to work at it and don't rely on the disappointment, rely on your goal:smile2:

Hi All,

Disappointed? Not really. I mean up and downs and struggles but that is to be expected. I am on very slow weight loss now and had no restriction. Had a fill monday so we will see my doc is happy with progess Ive lost 60 lbs since pre op but I also workout a lot and see a trainer. Want to try running and hoping it gets warmer soon!! I have 4.7 ccs in my 11 cc band.

I am just happy when I look at myself I dont see a huge double chin anymore. I looked at one picture of myself about a year ago when I was at my heaviest and I swear I looked like Jabba the Hut lol!! I am really trying to get to 250 and its going slow but I know Ill get there. Keep up the good work everyone we will all make it through!