Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Two days post-op and feeling great! Not in too much pain and able to get around almost as much as before surgery. Dont have too much gas, but do find it hard to burp when I am filled with gas. Feeling tired, but that is normal for me. Already tired of these Protein Drinks and broth. Cant wait to move forward on to more of a variety of food. So far I am happy with my choice! Congrats to all of you who have been banded this month and good luck to those who are finishing out the month by being banded. :thumbdown::thumbup:

Was banded Oct 19th.... I have strips originally put on and no staples. They have a clear sticker over them. I was told to let them fall off on their own. But I have taken off two so far. One was itchy and irritating the skin, the other is higher up on my stomach and rubbed off by my bra. I have placed a large band aid over this one. Seems just fine so far. Cleaning them with bactine and neosporin everyday. I am keeping the rest on to prevent scaring.

what did u do about removing bandages? My Dr. said I can take of the main bandages (which are a little bloody) by myself but the steristrips fall off in about 2 weeks. I'm afraid to pull it off as I don't want to bleed or pull of the hair which is stuck by this transparent tape. Help!

I'm one day post surgery. I pulled off the bandages as I was planning to take a shower (but still haven't done it). There are steri-strips under them and i have no idea if there are stitches or what under the steri strips. Doc said I could shower and that they'd fall off on their own by 2 weeks and that if they haven't, I can pull them off. All of the bandages came off easily but one - that one half pulled off one of the steri-strips, but I stuck it back on.

Hi banded buddies :thumbdown: I am curious....how many of you are back to work now? Can you tell me your surgery date and date back to work, also what do you do? I am asking because my hubbie is still moving slow, he got his band 8 days ago and I am worried he will not be ready to go back on day 12 (this comming Monday) because he is going so slow. PS....I think I am getting closer to getting another surgery date, maybe 3rd time will be a charm?? Just waiting on the doc to get back to me. I have a request in to do a 1 week liquid diet instead of 3 week. Since I have been on the liquid diet twice now...maybe I will get lucky.

Edited by Soexcited

Hi banded buddies :thumbdown: I am curious....how many of you are back to work now? Can you tell me your surgery date and date back to work, also what do you do? I am asking because my hubbie is still moving slow, he got his band 8 days ago and I am worried he will not be ready to go back on day 12 (this comming Monday) because he is going so slow. PS....I think I am getting closer to getting another surgery date, maybe 3rd time will be a charm?? Just waiting on the doc to get back to me. I have a request in to do a 1 week liquid diet instead of 3 week. Since I have been on the liquid diet twice now...maybe I will get lucky.

Hey there! I work a desk job. I was banded on 10/15 (Thursday) and went back to work on 10/20/09 (Tuesday).

I was banded last Thursday (10/22), and went back to work Monday (10/26)...also a desk job:wink2:

Me, Banded last Tuesday, 10/20 and still off. Kaiser Perm gives 1 month off. I think I may take the entire time. I'm still moving slow, I have a 14 month old and I teach Special Education. Not a desk job at all. I do not want to injure myself.

Question??? How much have everyone lost so far???

Banded 10/19 - Back to work 10/26 (Desk job) I refuse to weigh myself until my 3 week checkup which will be 11/10. I've just read too many posts from people getting so frustrated with their results from pre to post surgery. So, I've decided to wait.

i was banded on 10/21 wednesday and returned back to work on 10/26 monday I am still very sore and moving a bit slow but its all good

happy it went well I was banded on 10/19 I also had a hernia repair. I'm starting to feel almost human today but still have a long way to go. keep walking and moving the gas will start to go away

happy it went well I was banded on 10/19 I also had a hernia repair. I'm starting to feel almost human today but still have a long way to go. keep walking and moving the gas will start to go away

My surgery was also on 10/19 and I also had to have hernia repair. I have days where I think I feel better, then there are days like today when I have practically slept ALL day. Not sure why this is, other than I was feeling better yesterday and did more than I have been doing lately. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. MaryBeth? When are you planning to go back to work? and what kind of work is it? I had originally planned to only take two weeks. But I honestly at this point don't think I can go back to work Monday. My job is pretty physical though. I work as an xray tech, so there is tons of lifting, pushing and pulling on patients. Carrying heavy cassettes, and on my feel all the time. If I had a desk job, I think I could do it. But with the physicality of my job, I just don't think it possible. My co-worker had the surgery two days after I did(although not the hernia repair) and she is doing so much better than I am. I think she is going back Monday, but she does have a desk job. She is our secretary, so her job though probably more mentally stressful, is not as physical. Arrgh, I don't know what to do.

Jill

I think it's better to go to work at 100% an x ray teck job sounds very demanding on your body! Thanks everyone for your replys!

Now I know that I am only 6 days post op. But I weighed myself before I left home to go to hospital. And I weighed 229. I weighed myself Wednesday when I got home from hospital and I weighed 244. People have said this is probably normal, due to Fluid and swelling, blah blah blah. Weighed myself yesterday and I was at 238.4. I just weighed myself and now I am at 239.4. I am starting to get pissed off. Shouldn't I be losing instead of gaining?? Ugh, I'm starting to freak out. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it, but I am beginning to feel like I am suffering for nothing ! :) grrr. I am just aggravated! Seems like everyone else is losing just fine. Why does everything have to be 10 times difficult for me ;):lol:

Jill

I'm right there with you!! When I got home I weighed more than I did before my banding!?

At my 2 week post-op visit I had only lost 3lb by the Doctors scale, by my scale I had lost 12lb???

Now I'm 3 weeks post-op, I keep losing and gaining the same 3 lbs.!! I don't feel like I have any restriction at all, I'm hungery, and it is taking every ounce of willpower I have not to over eat. Thankfully I go for my first fill next week.:sad:

Good luck to you.

Angela

I'm right there with you!! When I got home I weighed more than I did before my banding!?

At my 2 week post-op visit I had only lost 3lb by the Doctors scale, by my scale I had lost 12lb???

Now I'm 3 weeks post-op, I keep losing and gaining the same 3 lbs.!! I don't feel like I have any restriction at all, I'm hungery, and it is taking every ounce of willpower I have not to over eat. Thankfully I go for my first fill next week.:sad:

Good luck to you.

Angela

I weighed myself today, and I was 226. So I guess I'm right there with you. I have only lost 3 lbs since I gained weight after the surgery(even though all I had was Water and popsicles, grrr). I am not really hungry all the time though, I can get by with just eating a small amount....so far. Hope it stays this way.

I wouldn't go swimming til you're all healed up. Since they tell you you can shower, but not soak in a tub, I imagine that would be similar in that you're incisions shouldn't be submerged for long periods of time.

My doc said to wait about 3 weeks...but walking was recommended...a mile or more a day.

Hi Nooshie, I agree my doctor said I could have a quick shower but no baths until 3 weeks, still cant wait its next week for me!! Disposable stitches coming out now, little bit sore but nothing I cant handle. Mushies going ok, eaten a couple of things that were obviously not mushed up enough or eaten too quickly and have been sick a couple of times, so learning to eat slower with smaller bites.

Drinking lots, sips all day long keeps you feeling fuller longer as I was thought I was hungry before I started doing this it helps a lot.

Good Luck Everyone:biggrin: