Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any one banded 7/15/09

I am curious how well you guys are doing. How much weight lost? What you are eating? have you had a fill yet? or any other information . This is my first time writing on this site but I have been viewing for about 3 weeks now . You guys have helped me through some tough times after surgery.:(

I was banded July 14 with no fill. I am doing good with the exception that I am back to being hungry again :-) it's a good thing right..? Means that there is no swelling anymore and i am healed... should be happy, right..lol? Anyways... I am sooo looking forward to my first fill on Aug 26 hoping for at least slight restriction... but I don't hold my breath on it since it take more than one for the majority of people.

Otherwise I am feeling good, back to cardio (elliptical), will re-start pilatis next week and planning to go to regular workout routine in about 2-3 weeks. I haven't lost anything since after-surg liquid diet (gained nothing as weel) and trying to convince myself to be patient.

I am 46yo, starting weight 295.

I was banded July 16th...first fill is Aug 25th....I am not starving....sometimes hungry but if I drink my Water I am usually good.

I am down 28 lbs as of today (that includes the 10 day pre-op I did).

Thanks!

I was banded July 15th. I feel as though I am pretty much healed and the bad thing is, I can 'almost' eat as much as I could before. I can't wait till the 28th..that is when I go for my first fill. I can feel restriction, but could definitely use more. I have lost about 18 including the pre-op diet. Havent weighed in the past week or so cause I dont want to get discouraged. Doctor emphasized that they dont care if I dont lose any weight before my first fill cause I just need to heal..but I guess just like with everyone else...we want to see quick results. I am pretty much eating regular foods..just chewing, chewing chewing. Some breads don't go down too well...so kinda stay away from that. How about you??

I was banded on 7/20. I have lost about 30 pounds (including pre-op liquid diet) I am feeling really good:) Just starting to get a tiny bit hungry between meals. Im eating pretty much regular foods other than breads and dry meats. Really happy overall:) Have my first fill in one week.

I too was banded on 7/15/09. Anxiously waiting my first fill on Aug.20th. Like others have mentioned currently can eat as much as I did before, but when I do I feel bloated, etc. I hope to goodness I haven't done any damage to the band-stretched or slipped. I have stayed with the correct foods in each phase. I have lost 14 pounds and have staled also. Hopefully I will drop more once I have the fill. Let's be there for each other b/c this bander hell is getting to me I too don't want to gain.

I was also banded on July 15th on Mushies for 2 weeks before starting full foods. Down 21 lbs. the last time I checked, trying not to weight myself to often. Feeling good but hungry at times.

hello-

i was banded July 13th and lost about 20 so far incuding preop diet. i had a 2 week plateau where i lost nothing post op (after liquid stage) ..but got a fill on aug 10th. now i feel good restriction. i may have lost more since my fill, (but haven't checked only because it is that time of the month and i don't want that clouding the real weight). the first fill makes a big difference in feeling full and not being so hungry.

I was banded July 13 with no saline in my band at the time of surgery but was fortunate enough to have decent restriction until my first fill this past Monday. The day after my fill, I ate 1/2cup greek yogurt mixed with 1tbsp PB and it kept me full for 5 hours.

Hi! I was banded on 7/10. I have lost 32 lbs. I just had my 1 month post op and was given the go-ahead to add in pork, beef, raw veggies... basically everything. We skipped my first fill because I am losing steadily, eating about a half cup of food for my meal and not hungry between meals. It's funny though, no matter how well we do, we always wish we could lose just a few more. I think patience and persistence is the key here. Do what we are supposed to do and let the weight come off. It sounds so easy but that is the hardest part!

I was banded 7/22/09...i have lost 20lbs, BUT gained 2 back (I donr know why, I am geting very discouraged) I dont eat alot, I limit myself & eat small portions (could eat more but I choose NOT to) & I eat good foods, no junk, hardly no carbs, & I try to get my Protein in as instructed (sometimes I dont get enough protein in, but most days I do).....I am hungry more often BUT not losing....I am very discouraged & hopeing to start losing again REAL soon...I go for my 1st fill next week.....

I was banded on July 20th. I lost ten pounds initially with the pre-op fast etc. But have not lost an ounce since then. I go up and down by about three pounds. My first fill is the week. I am eating between a quarter to a third less but I think all the years of Yo Yo dieting has had an effect.

I was banded july 10th and have lost 38 pound to date. I can't wait to get my first fill on aug.24th. I do get hungry but i try not eat more than I burn at the gym. I try to do elliptical and treadmill and sometimes the ab burner.