Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Ah crud Phyl, you could always use the speedbumb as amunition on Earl!!! I'm a 'get where I'm going' kind of girl, never have liked the travel time. But then again, I don't own an RV.

Homework done for tonite, just have laundry to finish. My washing machine seems to have an issue, I have to double spin everything, grrr. I want a new floor, not a new washing machine!

Actually I am done with homework until about Thursday, so tomorrow I quilt...that or vacumn...hum, maybe not!

Tried halibut again, was a little better, I marinated it in Marsala then spread on a mix of light sour cream, garlic, onions, parmeason, not bad, but not fabulous. I'm not thinking about the fact that I paid $20 for the bag.

Been battling a headache tonight, so I may go to bed early!

Janet, you could always come on to my ironing. I'm on the 'iron as you go program", besides, if I Iron it ahead of time it will just get wrinkled!

You all have safe travels and a good evening, TTFN

Good Evening Gang...

Phyl - LOL on the drinking - I bet if all you daily drinkers quit the scales would move in the downward way ;0)... I'm glad it's something I only do every now and that - I rather eat my calories ;0)... Well I might have to have black coffee in the morning - I play on taking my last sleeping pill at 9 - I can't eat after 10 - I usually have oj & almond before I go to bed and that's normally around 10 - 11 lately.. Going to try and be a the lab at 6 a.m. tomorrow - legs really didn't hurt too much today - but am a bit pooped..

Speed bump at the gas station - stupid !!! - Grape Vine must be bad cuz of all the snow - plus all the truck that drive in the slow lane - I'm always in the FAST LANE... LOL - You know me ;0)

Well timer going off- I gotta get all my stuff done earlier tonite so I can sleep ..

Safe travels Candice & Phyl -

Karla - hope the school work isn't too bad

Ladies, if you buy only one appliance this year, I have the one you need...a steam mop!!! ShopKo had them for half off so I splurged and got one. OMG, my floors feel so good!!!! Just make sure you buy extra pads, because when you are part way done, you are going to want to change. It even takes caked on hairspray off the bathroom floor. Now understand I probably haven't mopped my floor since January. But it is fabulous!!!

Little homework tonight, yeah!!

Found out an old neighbor of mine has been moved to a constrant care facility and the family never told me. I found out she has been in the facility 1 1/2 blocks away from my house. So I stopped by and visited. Unfortunately she has dementia, but remembered who I was. Got me mixed up with my girls once in awhile. But I am so glad to know she is near by. I use to go over every week and give her shots, have coffee, and do any chores that she couldn't do. With last year being such a wreck I lost touch...my fault. Now maybe I can take her out for coffee once in awhile or have her over. I'll have to check with the family before hand thought.

Hope you all have a good evening. Janet, what work out is tonight? Phyl, enjoy your visit. Candice, hopefully you found alcohol!!!

Ladies, if you buy only one appliance this year, I have the one you need...a steam mop!!! ShopKo had them for half off so I splurged and got one. OMG, my floors feel so good!!!! Just make sure you buy extra pads, because when you are part way done, you are going to want to change. It even takes caked on hairspray off the bathroom floor. Now understand I probably haven't mopped my floor since January. But it is fabulous!!!

Little homework tonight, yeah!!

Found out an old neighbor of mine has been moved to a constrant care facility and the family never told me. I found out she has been in the facility 1 1/2 blocks away from my house. So I stopped by and visited. Unfortunately she has dementia, but remembered who I was. Got me mixed up with my girls once in awhile. But I am so glad to know she is near by. I use to go over every week and give her shots, have coffee, and do any chores that she couldn't do. With last year being such a wreck I lost touch...my fault. Now maybe I can take her out for coffee once in awhile or have her over. I'll have to check with the family before hand thought.

Hope you all have a good evening. Janet, what work out is tonight? Phyl, enjoy your visit. Candice, hopefully you found alcohol!!!

Karla - No exercise till friday - I had my blood test this morning (no coffee) I hate getting blood test just due to the fasting - as you all know I am a night eater and plus you tell me not to eat then I think I'm starving - I got in as much food as I could before 10 last night figured 8 hrs that was my cut off - took a sleeping pill (before I ate) then a xanax before bed and I still got up and ate a sf pudding - so I really only fasted for 7 hrs -

I think my problems with my legs (thigh muscles hurting when I walk - but really hasn't hurt too bad since I went to the doc - well Sunday they did) anyway -I think I may have vit diffency - D most likely - I was reading up on it and weak muscle is sign along w/my fatigue.. I just don't have the energy like i did last yr - don't know why I would be deficient now - when my eating hasn't changed - but will see what blood test say..

So Candice you can not leave me alone about going to the Dr LOL - I did it - they took 4.5 vials of blood..

Karla - Sorry about your friend - I had a gf dh die from heart attack - he was only 63 - think the funeral will be Monday - not sure..

It's a bitch to get old - I'll tell you that much - since I';m 56 all I keep thinking about is 60 is around the corner - I just don't see myself as 60 LOL

It will be nice for you to go visit her and take her out if you can..

Kids coming on thrusday - so gotta go food shopping tomorrow - think I will wait till Friday to get the candy & eggs - May BBQ on Saturday and invite Brad & my Uncle Charles but really not in the mood to entertain.. Same conversations just a diff day.. See something is wrong with me - I have been in the dumps lately- not dumps really just not that motivated - in hibernation mode...

Food today - Starbuck Skinny Latte - Pt chips - salad with4 oz chicken - dinner will be pork chop & butternut squash..

Snacks who know - sf pudding - or maybe sf ice cream..

think I am going to go veg in front of the tv and crochet for a while

cbl

Had to come back LOL - I have a steam mop too ;0) yes it does a good job - my came wth carpet glider - to freshed up the carpet... The only problem is - it doesn't mop the floors on it's own - I have to still do it LOL

Good Morning Gang.

Love having coffee in the morning LOL - Karla how's your tummy are you still off coffee..

Not much to report - think I went to bed aroun 9:30 10 took 2 xanax and slept like a baby - think I am going to have to ask doc for non addictive sleeping pills when I go get report about blood test - I don't think I even woke up to pee LOL

Tonite gotta go food shopping for my family coming - and find out when they are going to brawley (where melissa's mom lives) it will give me a rest before going back to work on Monday - Today is Wed right - wishing it wa thrusday ;0)

Karla how's the homework

Phyl - are you on the road again

Candice where are you - give Denise a big hug for me - I always wanted to meet her

Karri - whats up about surgery - saw on fb that things are questionable now

xoxox Me :0)

Janet, I'm okay with coffee as long as I don't have a lot of it. :(

Sorry I didn't make it in last night, too much homework.

A little frustrated. Has veggies & pork stir fry last night and was only able to eat a couple of bites. Normally stir fry is an easy food for me. I sure hope I am not at a point that solids make me stick. I can eat Jerky. I did over cook it a bit and the pork ended up a little tough, so I am going to blame it on that...for now anyway.

Last day of school until Monday!!! yeah! AND I'm only working 1 day this weekend with Easter. So looking for the time off to play in the yard!

Sad news last night. A co-worker's husband died of a heart attack. Barely 30 and has two young sons. What is up with this year?

Phy, Candice, enjoy your trip!!!

Janet, I'm okay with coffee as long as I don't have a lot of it. :(

Sorry I didn't make it in last night, too much homework.

A little frustrated. Has veggies & pork stir fry last night and was only able to eat a couple of bites. Normally stir fry is an easy food for me. I sure hope I am not at a point that solids make me stick. I can eat Jerky. I did over cook it a bit and the pork ended up a little tough, so I am going to blame it on that...for now anyway.

Last day of school until Monday!!! yeah! AND I'm only working 1 day this weekend with Easter. So looking for the time off to play in the yard!

Sad news last night. A co-worker's husband died of a heart attack. Barely 30 and has two young sons. What is up with this year?

Phy, Candice, enjoy your trip!!!

Good Morning Karla

I didn't make it last night either - kids coming had shopping and cleaning to do ;0) - Today is my Friday too ;0) - You know our bands sometimes we can eat something and other times we can't - last night after all I did I wasn't truly hunger - dinner was popcorn and sf pudding - dinner just didnt' appeal to me - not real nutristional - but it goes like that some time..

Well gotta get a few last mintue stuff done

Hugs on your friend - I just had a gf lose her dh to heart attack but he was 63 - sad no matter what age

xoxox

Hi everyone,

Yup, 2 1/2 weeks since surgery. I think you heard the highlights about the surgery itself. Dr. said that there was a lot of bone to repair before he could even put in the artificial joints. Guess I had quite a bit of blood loss b/c my hemoglobin level, which should be over 12, was only 6.3 the day after surgery. So they kept me an extra day and gave me 4 transfusions to get it up to 9. Needless to say, I've been pretty tired.

So I went home on Thursday, and was doing pretty well with the walker, Not getting much rest b/c there were kids everywhere (all except Tim came home). They finally all went to church on Sunday morning, and that's when I did something--not sure what--that started pain like I've never experienced before in my life! It was like a constant charley horse in my claves, buttock, and back. I took all the valium and narcotic pain meds I could, but it didn't start to touch the pain. Mel was home, and I was begging him to call 911. FINALLY, after 15 minutes, he made the call. (I think he just froze up and couldn't function.) It took a while for even the IV's that they gave me to start relieving the pain--it was that horrible. X-rays showed that everything was in place, and no infection, so they couldn't explain the pain other than to say that I MUST take the medications as ordered. I had not been taking the oxycotin that I was supposed to be taking every morning and evening,I was relying on oxycodone and valium every 6 hours or so. Well, the point of the oxycotin was to prevent pain, not just deal with it when I needed it. So what happened that morning was that the spinal patch that was put in place during surgery to manage pain had worn off and I was feeling pure pain. I've been perfect about taking my medicine since then and have avoided another episode like that!

Yesterday, I started using the cane that my "Nurse" friends gave me, and while I don't feel secure using it, it's sure easier than the walker. Believe it or not, but Mel and I, along with Andy and Penny and the kids are pilling into Andy's Explorer tonight to drive to Arkansas. The doctor approved as long as I get out every 2 hours and walk, and he gave me extra pain pills and sleeping pills. We're staying till Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

I could rant about Mel, but I'll spare you. Suffice it to say that care-giving is NOT his gift. What he does, he does with an attitude, and he just can't seem to be able to think ahead. OK, got that out.

Phyl, With any kind of luck, I'll have my I-Pad in a couple of hours. I know it's at our local distribution center,and Andy's going to try to pick it up during lunch! We'll see.

I'll go back and get caught up with the reading. Just want to keep you all up to date for now

Good Morning Peeps

Linda Hugs Hugs Hugs - As I was reading I thought you might have a blood clot - omg Mel 15 mins to call 911 - Hugs - Men !!! What else can I say - You are a nurse you know you are suppose to take meds before the pain starts !!!! Follow Dr. orders ;)..

Karla Where are you - I know you have today off

Joseph & family here - didn't get on the computer last night at all - got stuck - ugh couldn't eat last night - think it was all the commotion..

Hi girls, OMG Linda... so terrible for you.... So glad you got extra meds for the trip...

To see Mindy for Easter I presume... safe travels on the road.only a quick hello peter is getting antsy to leave this mcdondals...... buy 4 now

love XC

I'm here Janet, went to bed at 10 and just got up, I guess I was tired, 11 hours of sleep.< /p>

Linda, I'm so glad you are doing better. I agree with Candice...MEN! Enjoy visiting your family!

Candice, You to, enjoy your travels!

Plan on working outside all day. It doesn't appear to be snowing...YET, we will just have to see, but I'm working outside whether it snows or not. I need some dirt time!!

Carpenter friend is coming by today to look at the projects I want to do, well some I have to do. Fix the drain in the kitchen sink so it doesn't flood everything. Replace the walls in the bathroom. They didn't seal the shower surround so Water went under the paint and ruined them. I plan on replacing the surround with tile.

Homework done until June after Sunday, yeah!!

Safe travel, Janet enjoy the family!

FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY!!! Surgery is approved with an approved doctor at an approved medical facility and for a day earlier than originally planned. I really like this doctor too... He has a much better bed side manner than the previous doctor. I can't tell you how relieved I am. Finally I won't have to just assume that every time I eat I am going to throw up!!!

We are going with the bypass as he too agreed that after looking at the endoscopy that the band has done so much damage that a sleeve would probably not be appropriate. He said there are two spots that look like they are close enough to be considered an erosion. I may have to do another EGD just so that he can get all the pictures he wants, but he said no matter what the surgery was approved and he was scheduled. They wanted to do the surgery next week but it is state testing and I am pretty certain that I would lose my life if I took any days off during that time.

Okay...class going to start. I'll keep you filled in.

Karri

Hello everyone;

Janet; I am so releived (sigh) that you finally made it to the Doctor for your blood work... YEH!! I am proud of you!! I know you hate going to the Dr`s..... I am certain that he will sort out that mysterious leg pain and have you back modeling for the WEB site for Lapbanders....ha,ha,ha.

Karla; sorry about your washing machine, I know I hate spending money on maintenance stuff.... much more fun to just go buy WHAT you want....ie the new floor... Shower stall too?? Man I hope your handy man is cute, maybe he`ll take payment in ``kind```....LOL

Linda; keep on getting better girl. and Do your Excersises as given....

Karri; wow, surgery date so close - how exciting for you!! Glad that your stars aligned and you got your FREE coverage from Ins. let us know how it is in Roux-n-Y land once its done...

Phyl, you are tRAVELING , are you and Eerl snipping at one another as much as Peter and I??? lol ... especially when it rains... oh my he can get cxranky..

WEll, I had my GF in WB call my home phone nu. and pick up my messages... in case there were any immergencies that we needed to hear about.

ONe message from a dear old friend of ours. Peter and He Sailed together in the Navy.... accutaly when thru maritime training together, shared a cabin etc.... its been many many years but we`ve always stayed close.... well there was a phone mess from him to call.

So I skyped him this afternoon, and after I blather on for 5-10 mins about our trip; He tells me ... ah, I got some bad news to tell you.... immediately I thought about their dogs!!! But it was Genie, my girlfriend... she died very suddenly... One week she was fine, then the other... she was gone. She is 10 yrs older than me, but we were always close... being Navy wives, and being left to our own decises for many m onth s at a time... she waas like a sister. Well, she went in to have a colonoscopy,,,, routine.... well the damned surgeon punctured her bowel, didn`t know it at thwe timew... she startewd bleeding into her belly.... didn`t know where the blood was comong from, gave her strong diatretics, blew her kidneys, then her heart failed .... all in a mater of days.... aUTOPSY SHOWED the perf. bowel... so that was the mistake. Tragic. I dont know how to begin to comfort my friend... So as we swing north homeward bound in acouple of weeks, we are going to go to Ottawa and visit him for a few days... as we`ve missed the funeral and all... SHe was burried on her 65th Birthday... even Peter cried... and he never does....

On a happier note, been in contact with Denise and we should be seeing her in a few days. In Gulfport Ms. tonight, nice quiet place....and we have WIFI... so skype me if youwant to....

Miss y ou all!! Hug your spouses real tight tonight, and count your blessings...

Janet, I am glad you will be with family too this holiday weekend.... Karla are you going to see the girls??

Love, C

Oh Candice, I'm so sorry. This year doesn't seem to be getting any better. Give your friend a hug and talk about the good memories. Nothing will really make it easier, except knowing that she was loved and that you are there if he needs someone.

No Candice, I am alone for another holiday. Not REALLY a big deal, but I do miss the holidays where we would all be together. DD#2 & #3 are visiting their dad and stepmom. Elyse is with the BF's family. Yeah they live only 1/2 a mile away, but it is too far for them them stop here. DD#5, just moved into a new house with friends and has a test this week. So it will be me and my pond. I started digging it yesterday and hope to have most of it done by the end of Sunday. I don't work Sunday, so I should get a lot done.

Also No on the carptenter. He has a wife (she does my hair) and very much in love. Although he is one of those big burly guy that can wrap you in a hug and make you feel petite and protected. Fortunately he is a huggy guy and his wife is okay with him giving me one once in a while.

food was good yesterday, didn't even eat lunch. I was busy outside and not really hungry. Still not enough solids, but when I am done working outside, I am too tired to chew. So Breakfast was my normal blueberries/kashi/yogurt and oatmeal for dinner. Has a small smoothie as a late night snack to get some more Protein and a bit of a treat. I make it with lots of frozen fruit, about 1/2 c yogurt and a little skim milk and it ends up being like sorbet.

Well work today. But am bring home all my shrubs to plant. Already have the holes dug.

Enjoy your families!!!!