Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Well, dinner was pretty disgusting, managed to eat a few bites and ended up PBing those. So anyone interested in an $8 bottle of seseame oil? The halibut was dry the veggies were bitter. So any suggestions on what to do with the rest of the halibut? In the past it has always been grilled with tartar sauce.

Okay Phyl, what is the bottom line on cost to Cabo? Next year I have a week on campus in Bozeman, sometime in July to defend my thesis. This year it is scheduled the first week in July, but I'll let you know when. If we go in the winter/spring, the only time that would really work is during my spring break, I'll know when that is in a couple of weeks. I assume airfare as well. I'll work on savings, but I need to figure out how much per month I need to put away.

Well, I have homework so best go. Oh Janet, you will be proud of me for dinner. Low cal Asian halibut. Halibut with lots of veggies and a small amount of rice vinegar, seseame seed oil, and ginger. It all goes in a foil packet and then in the oven. If it is good, I'll let you know. Has deli turkey and a small slice of muenster cheese and lots of veggies for lunch. Only had a few grapes, the doc wants me to cut back on high glycemic foods.

Check in later if I have time, TTFN

Well, dinner was pretty disgusting, managed to eat a few bites and ended up PBing those. So anyone interested in an $8 bottle of seseame oil? The halibut was dry the veggies were bitter. So any suggestions on what to do with the rest of the halibut? In the past it has always been grilled with tartar sauce.

I booked through Travelocity for resort, air and round trip shuttle between the airport and the resort and the total for the two of us was just under $2900. BUT.... the desk staff told my daughter to call them directly next time for cheaper rates. Then you'd have to book the air and transfers separately. But think I'd still plan on $1500 for one. Then you need a whole lot of one dollar bills for tips.

The Halibut sounds good. Did you maybe cook it too long? I like Old Bay seasoning on fish.

Good Evening Gang

Karla - we have to go before July - it will be hurricane season - we have to go in April or May (to Cabo) Plus you and Candice would die in the heat/humdity that time of year. I would guess about $1200 includes air - could be wrong..

Phyl - Yep my gf candy made me go to ER - When doc said I have Positional Vertigo - I said see I told you Candy and apoligized for taking his time when it wasn't a true emergency - But love Candy cuz she was concerned - Yep I feel better - I'm not over doing it -

I'm in for Cabo...

Karla - I don't eat halibut - I think it might be too dry - I tell you catfish is the way to go - it's good fish - it's moist - give it to the dogs ;0)

WTG on food though...

Food today - bf dannon lite & fit Pear (good) and some Jerky - lunch Beans - dinner will be the bbq ck I made last night w/veggies - Snacks pt shake and popcorn..

Had good workout (arms) tonite..

Well time to feed the dogs and get some t.v. time

cbl

Good Morning Peeps

How is everyone today...

Candice I know you are getting ready to leave - Have you heard from Linda...

Karla - How's the bf thing going..

Phyl - I know you are missing Cabo - will ck out fb tonite for video..

Well Off to the shower - another day has arrived...

that is clear as MUD, but maybe I'll send it to my DIL. She likes to make quilts. She's the one who made a breast cancer one for one of Steph's fund raisers.

Ha,ha,ha.... ya if you are Not a quilter, the instructions don`t sound like ENGLISH at all.... but I knew Karla would get it, plus I though perhaps Janet would print them out and perhaps do a quilting project. :-)

Good Morning Peeps

How is everyone today...

Candice I know you are getting ready to leave - Have you heard from Linda...

Karla - How's the bf thing going..

Phyl - I know you are missing Cabo - will ck out fb tonite for video..

Well Off to the shower - another day has arrived...

Karla, I do my fish like JANET.... dip dryed(-aper towels) fish in EVO then roll in cornmeal crumbs ( or crushed corn flakes work too) that have been seasoned with spices that you like.. onion, garlic etc. then I spray it to death with butter flavored PAM then bake it on a cookie sheet for 12-15 mins. at 350 or 400... it will turn out perfedt. I have never been a big fish fan... but this way works for mE.. I use tilapia, BASSA, Halibut is good too, Janet loves her catfish.

Janet: yes we are getting ready to go. BIG problem this a.m. shower faucet in the Upstairs bathroom decided to BLOW... Water everywhere.. So peter is fixing it, got the water turned off... etc... he is swearing up a BLUE STrEAK , so I am hiding in the basement!!! Got 2 gigs today, then pak the van tomorrow , then hopefully we leave on THURS.

Cripes, he is getting nasty... dosn`t want to go on the trip now!!! I suggested we go live in a CONDO and sell the house (LOL) he is just catastrophizing.... its comical really... he dosn`t get this RYELED Up too often.

So he thinks I am playing on the computer when Ive got all this work to do.... but I am just staying well away from him at this point.

PHYL, how`s Earl doing... is he still running around trying to leave the park? You must hate this part of the year.. packing up to go home after you;ve had such a fun winter... HUGS

Good Morning!

Yes, Earl is running around like the proverbial chicken!! He's really made a lot of progress already, so I think we'll make it by Sunday. He is, as always, driving me nuts with his nit picking over $$$.

cool.gif

This weeks rant is because I let the local paper here debit our checking account whenever our subscription is running out. Unfortunately, for me, that has happened twice just as we're about to leave for the season. I suspend the paper until we return, so it's not like we're paying for papers we're not getting!!! It just means we don't pay again for about 2 years!! But he is insisting that I call and take the automatic renewal off our account. He won't shut up until I do it, so I guess I'll take care of it today!!

dry.gif

Park is beginning to look like a ghost town!! Very quiet. But, surprisingly, still 15 of us at Water aerobics yesterday morning. We do a count off each day at the end of our session and I am the designated starter.... "ONE, PHYL, WASHINGTON!" But someone has to monitor whether or not people leave early and how many so I know where to start!! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5????? LOL

And, with that, I better think about going back to get ready.

Have a GREAT day, my friends, and CBL!!

Good Evening Gang

Candice - I know how to crochet - and it doesn't require a lot of math or thinking - so that's what I am doing - I will quilt once I retire - So I can dedicate space and time to it.. LOL on Peter's rant - You do have a big house just for the 2 of you ;0)

I take it no news on Linda....

Phyl - I love the story about Peso's Earl is just too funny (tight) - He's going to be bitchng about the heat by the end of the week..

Karla - How's your school work going - I had pt shake for bf this morning...

Janet, BLECK, I hate school work right now, mainly because the end is in sight and I just want to throw something together, but then I think, "I have an 'A' right now, if I throw something together I may lose it!"

You will be proud of me, dinner, 1/2 a salmon filet , olive oil, garlic sea salt, lemon, grilled, 4 asparagus spears, parmesean cheese, and asian salad. It was tasty, so at least I have ONE meal full of Protein & veggies and solids!

well, back at it.

Good Morning

Karla - Glad you go a real meal - I take it for granted that everyone can eat real food cuz I can - and I know Phyl can too. I had chicken veggies popcorn for dinner -

Phyl - 1500 sounds good - to me - I'll start saving....

Not much to report - didn't get to bed till late - have gym tonite

Good Evening Peeps

Didn't go to the gym - too pooped and weather too wind - like that excuse LOL - Tomorrow ;0)

food - BF popcorn - lunch - chicken - dinner - Chicken - veggies - Taters - Snacks - sf ice cream

No much to really report - work is work - idol tonite :0) and crocheting..

Good Evening Peeps

Didn't go to the gym - too pooped and weather too wind - like that excuse LOL - Tomorrow ;0)

food - BF popcorn - lunch - chicken - dinner - Chicken - veggies - Taters - Snacks - sf ice cream

No much to really report - work is work - idol tonite :0) and crocheting..

Hi,

Zoey had Petsmart appt this a.m., so we skipped exercise, too... didn't go to Water aerobics. But I will be there in the morning. Took her to the Petsmart on Ramon Rd near Gene Autrey and didn't like those groomers either. Mobile groomer quit on us so had to take her somewhere else again.

Very windy today, especially over there... Earl had to put on brakes going towards DHS on Gene Autrey because couldn't see a thing!! Just like a winter "white out" back home.

Just watched last two episodes of Survivor. Waiting for Earl to get back from pool so we can watch "Idol". It recorded on east coast feed.

Swelling finally went down in my feet/legs! Weigh in tomorrow.... face the music time! Have been pretty good this week with my feed, but last week... ????!!! Not so much! I didn't totally blow it, but I did eat a lot of Desserts and drink a lot of drinks...not all of them were my SF margaritas! Time to pay the piper!

Preparations to leave proceeding nicely. Earl doing most of the physical work, but I am getting inside stuff reorganized... sort of, and I've taken care of the mail at both ends, phone/internet on vacation suspend, DGD will take care of getting same turned back on at home.... She works for Frontier.... which used to be Verizon, so she can take care of stuff like that for us. I cancelled the paper... took it off automatic pay because someone in my home was bxxxxxxxing about that incessantly. So they will refund the yearly subscription fee they just took out of our checking account and we will start anew in the fall! What else... cancelled tomorrow's dr appt because decided he'd probably not do an injection in my back anyway because we're leaving in a few days and won't be here for follow up, and realized the MRI is now 5 1/2 months old so maybe that would also be a problem. Back has been better, but not the knee.

So.... remind me where Candice went..... camping somewhere right?? Anyone heard from Linda again?? Karla.... what's new with you??? Janet.. saw your 'brother' post on FB... touching. Always wished I had a brother... three sisters. CBL

I'm working on homework, but don't have a clue where Candice is going.

Janet, it isn't that I can't eat real food, it is just that lately the doc feels I am eating too many carbs and not enough Protein. So trying to do what he want. NOT my idea of fun, but I will try to make it work.

So are we going to try to do something this summer? Or was the March adventure the get together?

Just got GREAT GREAT news this morning! Insurance IS covering the surgery!!!! I am now scheduled for May 4th! So excited and it should save me several thousands of dollars!!!

Okay...now off to bed...I'm exhausted!

Good Evenng Gang

Candice is on a Road trip to New Orleans -

Karri - Congrats - saw it on FB - so they are going to pay for bypass - I'm happy for you..

Karla - I eat carbs but normally in limited amounts - carb for me are starches - dinner lately has been meat & veggies - I don't seem to have a lot of room for all 3 ;0)

Phyl - LOL on DH and news paper - I ate dessert every night - didn't drink that much and I think I may have gained 2-3 lbs - but they were off within a week - good luck tomorrow

I did hit the treadmill tonite - I gotta see a doc - my thigh muscle hurt like I have worked our real hard when I walk - they are very sore - but to touch them they don't hurt or sitting they don't hurt - time for a physical anyway..