Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hi ladies. Just a quick check in. I read every night but not much to report.

Last week was craziness. My evenings are so full anymore. Here's last weeks evening events: Monday zumba, Tuesday car club meeting, Wednesday motorcycle club meeting, Thursday I did zumba and Jeff did snowmobile club, Friday Nick had therapy and then evening bump n run meeting, Saturday was supposed to go snowmobiling but that was a disaster. Jeff went without me. Sunday church and then farm. CRAZINESS!

This week is a little less nuts. Last night I stayed home. Jeff went to the farm. His dad had a biopsy today and they had to leave at 4am. He has some cancer spots on his liver. We are holding off on worry until we get some answers. Tonight I have zumba. I don't think we have anything Wed. night. Thursday I have zumba. I'm pretty sure that is the end of it. Jeff actually asked if I wanted to go out to dinner last night and all I wanted was a night at home :) We are planning a big motor sports weekend up here and trying to get all the clubs to work together. That just means that I/Jeff need to keep all the other clubs informed. It will all work out, but a lot of work right now. It will settle down in March and April and then May will get crazy with it again.

Talked to Mom yesterday and she wants me to come down to TX when she's done and drive home with her. I need to figure out how long I can be gone. I'm thinking it might be a 10 day trip. I'll take Jaimi with me. She sure sounds like she is having a great time on the beach. I wish it was me :)

Yesterday I did indulge in chocolate. Today I'm back to normal and not craving it. I'll be alright. I'm zumbaing tonight so hopefully the scale won't show the cave.

Scope....I sure hope you guys get better answers than I did. All they told me was "There's nothing wrong." Uh...no...there's something wrong....you just can't figure it out. There are so many days that I agree with Karri, I just want this band out! dinner is always the time when I'm most frustrated. I make a good dinner and think I can finally eat some and 5 mins later it's back. So frustrating. Someday this is all going to be alright. We'll get something taken care of . Now I can live with it. Just not enjoy it. I know I can't do it without anything so that's why I'm holding strong.

Okay...for a driveby this is really long. I gotta run. Love you ladies.

Phyl - Hopefully weather will change - how long are they down for??

Karla - Have fun quilting...

Woke up feeling like I was ran over by a truck.. Neck hurts - knees aching woke me up.. It' hell getting old.

I'm tired..

They're just her until Monday night... Thursday morning until Monday evening. Weather isn't supposed to get better until Sunday or Monday I think Earl said.

I'm feeling awful tonight, too. Was fine this morning, did Water aerobics, came home and worked on some beading, went to food Drive Tea Party.. had a fun time, took a lot of pictures. Took my neighbor with me on the golf cart. Then we went and picked up our mail. As soon as I got back to the RV, I all of a sudden started sneezing, instant headache, and pretty soon, scratchy throat. I must have picked up a bug somewhere! Maybe you did, too!

So sorry about band problems you and Karri are having, Steph... and Karla! I sometimes think I need a little bit of a fill, but I remember what it was like when I had those problems last spring and I don't want to go there again. I DO have restriction, and I think I need to leave well enough alone.

Steph - Karri & Karla - Hugs on the band issues. Phyl - yep if you have restriction - leave well enough alone - as we all know - it's more about what we eat not so much the portions.. Yes they are important but mostly its the kinds of food we ate/eat..

WTG Steph on the exercise !!!

Phyl I don't feel sick - I just don't have much get up and go - my knees wake me up aching - my neck is killing me - my old chiropractor has come out of retirement - I was cking Aetna's website for chiropractors today cuz of the neck issues - and found Dr Gray - I go Thursday at 4:20 and if I don't start feeling better - I'm going to doctor -

I went to bootcamp tonite - but just don't have tons of energy- My dinner is done - going to try and get to bed early - ttyl

I am SO sick! Trying to get some iced tea down. Couldn't face my coffee this morning, or anything else. Stomach hurts so bad I'm afraid to take my pils. Temp almost 101. Everything hurts.

I am SO sick! Trying to get some iced tea down. Couldn't face my coffee this morning, or anything else. Stomach hurts so bad I'm afraid to take my pils. Temp almost 101. Everything hurts.

Hugs...I hope you feel better!

Oh gosh,. Janet and Phyl. sounds like you both have the flu... chicken Soup if you can get it down and tylenol and sleep!!! Thats about the best you can do... wait it out, it`ll run its course. HUGS

Stephanie, wow you have a crazy life girl... but I am glad that you and Jeff stay so active during the winter... weather be damned!!! How is his weight loss coming....

Peter has `decided`that he needs to do South Beach... so I am complying and not serving any GRAINS, or Sweet pot.... so tonight we had Stir fryed cabbage(slivered) brocoli, carrots, onions, garlic.... then chicken breast chunks on top... the chicken was marinated in an INDIAN curry sauce, about a cup.... it was o.k., just NOT great, would rather have had it over RICE.

Weekend eating was not good, but I am back on track now... just had to get the DOCTOR crap outa my head... she really pissed me off... my BP was up for 3 days. 150/100....

Went over and visited a GF of mine, a quilter. She`s 76 yrs old, quilts like a machine, she is always finishing something... she rocks... but was having trouble taking pictures(with her new camera) and putting things up on her FACEBOOK... so I went over it again and again until she felt comfortable... it was nice to be able to show somebody else how to do it...

GOOD NEWS, I just talked to my GF (The one with breast cancer) sister.... Her total body scan came out CLEAR... she does not have any cancer in her bones, or liver or other organs.... so that is fabulous news, her 1st chemo tx is this Friday. Thanks everyone for your prayers sent up on her behalf!!!

Hugs...I hope you feel better!

tHANKS, Karri! Went back to bed again. Temp was up whenn I got up.... over 101 now. Earl brought me a latte. Hope I can get it down. He is insisting on heatin itup and I just wanted it the way it was.

Oh gosh,. Janet and Phyl. sounds like you both have the flu... chicken Soup if you can get it down and tylenol and sleep!!! Thats about the best you can do... wait it out, it`ll run its course. HUGS

Stephanie, wow you have a crazy life girl... but I am glad that you and Jeff stay so active during the winter... weather be damned!!! How is his weight loss coming....

Peter has `decided`that he needs to do South Beach... so I am complying and not serving any GRAINS, or Sweet pot.... so tonight we had Stir fryed cabbage(slivered) brocoli, carrots, onions, garlic.... then chicken breast chunks on top... the chicken was marinated in an INDIAN curry sauce, about a cup.... it was o.k., just NOT great, would rather have had it over RICE.

Weekend eating was not good, but I am back on track now... just had to get the DOCTOR crap outa my head... she really pissed me off... my BP was up for 3 days. 150/100....

Went over and visited a GF of mine, a quilter. She`s 76 yrs old, quilts like a machine, she is always finishing something... she rocks... but was having trouble taking pictures(with her new camera) and putting things up on her FACEBOOK... so I went over it again and again until she felt comfortable... it was nice to be able to show somebody else how to do it...

GOOD NEWS, I just talked to my GF (The one with breast cancer) sister.... Her total body scan came out CLEAR... she does not have any cancer in her bones, or liver or other organs.... so that is fabulous news, her 1st chemo tx is this Friday. Thanks everyone for your prayers sent up on her behalf!!!

So glad about your friend's sister. Jacki is all done with her radiation, etc and is on a road trip to Seattle. Her birthday is coming up. Had Earl get her a Starbucks card.

I had my endoscopy this morning and it was pretty uneventful. I should find out the results tomorrow, but the nurse said that the doctor is probably going to diagnosis it as gastric outlet obstruction because I did have massive scar tissue. However he is going to go back over the video again to make sure that there is not an erosion. They will then submit the paperwork as soon as possible and try to get the surgery scheduled!

Just wanted to give you an update. Wednesday's are date night so I'm going to go spend the rest of the evening with my hubby!

Karri

I had my endoscopy this morning and it was pretty uneventful. I should find out the results tomorrow, but the nurse said that the doctor is probably going to diagnosis it as gastric outlet obstruction because I did have massive scar tissue. However he is going to go back over the video again to make sure that there is not an erosion. They will then submit the paperwork as soon as possible and try to get the surgery scheduled!

Just wanted to give you an update. Wednesday's are date night so I'm going to go spend the rest of the evening with my hubby! Karri

So is the revision to sleeve what you are aiming for.... I forgot!

Scared me today when I had the dry heaves because every time I started wretching the pain in my upper left chest was excruciating. I thought I was having a heart attack. But then when I thought about it, wondered if it was my port. Had about 3-4 episodes of that today and broke out in a sweat.... drenched by the time it was over. First couple of times, I had nothing in my stomach because couldn't even bring myself to sip on Water. But later Earl made me some iced tea so I decided I should try to take at least my Rx meds... BP, etc, but NO Vitamins, etc. Well, BAD idea!! That was the wrse! Earl was just getting ready to go to Walmart for groceries that we HAD to have with Tracy & Jim coming in the morning.... and I almost told him to stay home when he asked me if I was going to be okay. Cuz sure didn't feel like it then. I guess I'm feeling better because I'm typing, and sipping on the latte he brought me~!

Keep us posted, Karri! We love you , and WE CARE!!!

Good Evening Gang

Karri - Glad it doesn't sound like erosion - So ya what are you going to do?? New bypass or sleeve?? Hugs Hugs Hugs - Hope you had a great date nite... Sure glad Lee is with you.. Are you going to look for apt soon - I saw on fb that you have pple trying to get in your room - I know once in LV the front desk gave a key to our room to someone else - thank God I had the brack lock on the door..

Karla - Your test is tomorrow right?? How are you feeling??

Phyl - If you are sick to your stomach - you need to get anti-nausea meds - it's not good for your band and that heart attack feeling could be a hernia ?? You need to be really careful - Call your band doc and have him call you in a script... Hope you are feeling better tonite - Sorry that Tracey is coming for our bad weather... I heard tonite on the news 6 days of it..

Candice - I'm not sick - I'm just very very tired - my neck has been killing me - knees ache at nite and I'm not doing anything to hurt them - Idrise told me to cut out boot-camp and pilo for a week and see how I feel - just don't have any energy... I go to the chiropractor tomorrow at 4:20 - I know that one time I went - after he adjusted me I felt like I was on speed - like my blood was running thru my body unblocked felt super energized ... I think it's the pain issue and a few weekends without any rest - So am forewarning you - we are going to have to have a couple of days during the week down time :0)... I get worn out too fast - if I don't feel better by next week - going to doc to get blood tested - I have been really good on taking my Vitamins - but just don't seem to have tons of energy like I did 6 months ago - and can't say I'm depressed..

food today - Jerky and something else for bf (can't remember what) - lunch chili Beans that my uncle made at xmas - dinner ck breast and squash...

Janet, I would say lack of sunshine if you lived up here with us nanooks of the north. How is your Water? It would be worth while to have a blood panel done. You should have more energy. You have been going pretty hard. My endo isn't until Friday. Fortunately the doc is going to go over everything as soon as I am done.

Phyl, I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm with Janet, if you are still vomiting you need to get some anit-nausia.

Candice, I hope to buy a digital camera when I get my tax return, can I call you for help? You are sweetheart.

I will be having the bypass most likely. He is pretty confident that he can get it covered by insurance and right now it is going to be difficult to come up with the money needed to get the sleeve in Mexico. He is really arguing against the sleeve because of the way the stomach is cut. For bypass the stomach is cut right above where the band is placed as opposed to the sleeve which cuts off the side of the stomach. Therefore if I went with the sleeve I am still going to end up with the scar tissue partially obstructing my stomach and may still deal with the throwing up issue.

As for the money issue I'm kind of panicking this morning. After I left RPA I cashed out my retirement because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get a job or not. Well the check was supposed to come within the last couple of weeks and I have been having a friend check our mail in Oregon and forward it to us when we get a bunch. Well she said she sent a bunch of mail on Tuesday of last week and we have yet to get it. In there was Lee's final form for his teaching degree and most likely my check. "The check is in the mail" is quite literally what is going on right now. It should have been delivered last week but NOTHING. I'm really sick to my stomach. I took a 20000$ pay cut and we are barely squeaking by. That check was what was going to get me the surgery and allow us to have some breathing room.

As for our living situation, we are going to continue to live in the hotel. We did not bring any of our stuff from Oregon. We left it in storage as it was cheaper than hauling it down here and we really have no intention of staying here. They are laying teachers off right and left here for budgetary reasons so it is highly doubtful that Lee would get a job. We now won't hear about my potential job until April making things rather stressful. Worst case scenario is that if Lee doesn't get a job and I get laid off is that we move to Washington and live with my brother. At least I will have a roof over my head...we would lose everything else but I wouldn't be homeless. Plus rent at the hotel is pretty cheap considering that we have cable, internet, and all of our utilities paid. It was just a fluke that they were drunk and trying to get in the wrong room. We actually haven't had any problems except for that.

Well I best get off to work!

Good morning ladies,

Candice, I am so glad your GF has good news!!! What a relief, that will help her get through chemo!!!

Well, hit 'post' too soon!

Phyl how is the tummy? Janet you got some rest I hope?

School stress is hitting, we won't talk about food last night. Being on liquids doesn't keep the tummy full for long, and it is amazing what you can convince yourself is 'healthy'. But today is a new day.

Starting over on my thesis/Capstone focus. This is topic #4 and it had durn well be the last. My literature review is due next week. But had a visit with the professor last night and we talked throughs some ideas. For those of you in the educational world my new focus is: "Implementing the constructivist paradigm using the 5 E Learning Cycle in the science classroom.' So any literature that you can recommend would be VERY helpful.

Students seem to be glad to see me back in the classroom. I have gotten lots of hugs...even from the boys! I guess I was missed. Believe it or not, next week is midterms which means there is only 1 1/2 quarters of school left. Wow! It does look like I will be having to take a class online this summer and I am applying for on opportunity to work for 2 week on Jack Horner's Egg Mountain. Two weeks of digging up dino fossils....could it not get any better?

Well best get going, But tonight I can come home and be a bit of a slug since I have my endo tomorrow!!

Have a fabulous DAY!!!!

Good Morning Gang....

Karri - Hope that mail shows up - if she knew there was that kind of $$ in there she should have sent priorty - that way you could track it - but to tell the truth it takes 3 days from DS to my house and that's in Cali.. Ya I guess you are right about all the utilities etc being included - not having to come up w/first last and all the deposits..

IMHO I think bypass might just be what you need - espeically for your trigger foods :0) but just make sure you take double dose of your vitimans !!!!!

Both Joseph & Melissa went to lapband seminar last night... They might do it together - I said I would come and take care of them LOL.. They wouldn't want seargant Janet LOL - I know my son - he would be trying to chew when he's suppose to be on liquids LOL

Karla - Ya your school stuff way over my head ;0) ... I am a little bit better this morning - even after not going to bed till after 11 - had survivor & idol to watch ....

Phyl - Saw on FB that you are feeling a tad better - but really call your doc and get a script for anti nausea meds to keep w/you... Zoey - OMG she just smelt another dog... Bella did that out side last week when Eva/Karen came - in neighbors yard marking all over the place - I didn't think girl dogs marked.. but she kept piddling ..

Well at work need to get at it- have 3 day weekend... Andrew suppose to clean today - so the only thing I will have to do this weekend is wash my clothes..

cbl