Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Back from gym - had some couple bite of hamburger - cuz I was hungry didn't want to eat too much cuz Andrew & I were suppose to go out to lunch - then he calls - it's now dinner ;0) he would have gone earlier - lhe said I know you like to do things earlier (I guess he paid attention to my habits) - I said then why don't we make it dinner ;0) - so 6 is our date time ;0) - so had some popcorn - watched Blue Bloods (I love this show) and a cat nap - now drinking coffee - gotta finish wash then watch this weeks blue bloods ;0)

Candice, I know what you mean about 'cutting' under the influence. Although I don't have that excuse when I cut. One time I cut out 240 pieces...all too small. Had to go and buy more fabric, not my proudest moment.

Janet, I hope dinner went well.

DD#5 came out and fixed dinner. She helped me move some furniture and put away a couple of boxes. I now kindof have an office. Need to put away a few more boxes, but that will only take a couple of hours. Her and her boyfriend broke up, I guess he decided he wanted to be single again. But he is a year younger than she is, so somewhat understandable, he is only 19 and his mom didn't like Alexa. She said she was a slut. Not my best friend after she calls my baby a slut. It is for the best, but I imagine it still hurts. Unfortunately she gave him her virginity. She's just curl up and die if she knew I told you guys. Anyway, we had a nice visit and she spent the night.

I slept in this morning, didn't go to bed until 11 pm, so don't have time to chat. Should be able to check in tonigh. I have a meeting and then need to run to town and get some coffee flavoring and then home to write on my paper.

You all have a good day!

Back from gym - had some couple bite of hamburger - cuz I was hungry didn't want to eat too much cuz Andrew & I were suppose to go out to lunch - then he calls - it's now dinner ;0) he would have gone earlier - lhe said I know you like to do things earlier (I guess he paid attention to my habits) - I said then why don't we make it dinner ;0) - so 6 is our date time ;0) - so had some popcorn - watched Blue Bloods (I love this show) and a cat nap - now drinking coffee - gotta finish wash then watch this weeks blue bloods ;0)

I'm enjoying "Blue Bloods", too! Hope you had a nice dinner w/Andrew! Happy Monday Morning!!

Candice, I know what you mean about 'cutting' under the influence. Although I don't have that excuse when I cut. One time I cut out 240 pieces...all too small. Had to go and buy more fabric, not my proudest moment.

Janet, I hope dinner went well.

DD#5 came out and fixed dinner. She helped me move some furniture and put away a couple of boxes. I now kindof have an office. Need to put away a few more boxes, but that will only take a couple of hours. Her and her boyfriend broke up, I guess he decided he wanted to be single again. But he is a year younger than she is, so somewhat understandable, he is only 19 and his mom didn't like Alexa. She said she was a slut. Not my best friend after she calls my baby a slut. It is for the best, but I imagine it still hurts. Unfortunately she gave him her virginity. She's just curl up and die if she knew I told you guys. Anyway, we had a nice visit and she spent the night.

I slept in this morning, didn't go to bed until 11 pm, so don't have time to chat. Should be able to check in tonigh. I have a meeting and then need to run to town and get some coffee flavoring and then home to write on my paper. You all have a good day!

Sounds like you had a good weekend.... except for the Alexa stuff. So sorry about her break up. MEN!! Or in this case, BOYS!! :puke:

Long day yesterday driving our neighbor, Joy, over to Santa Ana to visit her husband....in assisted living there, waiting for bed in Alzheimer's unit. We took him out to lunch... along w/six other family members...grandchildren, daughter, DIL. They had a good visit. Nice place, but not as nice as the one my Mom & Uncle Ed just moved in to. At any rate, we left at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 p.m. Quick dinner of leftovers and took Zoey to the dog park for a little while. It's getting dark so early, it's hard to get over there before everyone is ready to leave. But then I heard there were 10 dogs there last night and she would've been pretty intimidated by that!!

Hi, Quick trip to Minneapolis. Took Cora to the "Dora" park. Had a blast--she even saw the "Dora" character and got her pic taken! I so love the world through the eyes of a well-loved 2-year old. She's so happy!

I'm officially enrolled in one of Luke's research projects having to do with radiation therapy and the rate of bone loss in post-menaposual women. I'll get some kind of bone preserving drug injection. He'll do CTs of my femurs (thigh bones) in January 2011 and 2012 and compare me to women who have radiation therapy and recieve the same drug, and thoes who have radiation therapy without the drug.

Funeral today was different. For one thing they delayed it so that the younger daughter who is a senior could participate in Homecomming events last weekend. Don't know how I feel about that? (doesn't matter, I guess) Then, as the family was receiving visitors in the church sancturary before the service, someone was playing show tunes on the piano--you know, like "Hello Dolly." Yeah, the guy and his family were big into musicals and theater, but in church? Then, at the end, as they wheeled the casket out of the chruch we sang "Happy Trails to You." Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I would have found the Gospel message a lot more comforting. Then after the committal, everyone gathered at a park for a Brat fry.

Now to be fair, two weeks ago my friend attended her grandmother's funeral and as they drove home, my friend and her husband talked about what they would want. My friend said, "Who would have thought that a week later, I'd be carying out his wishes?" So, I guess that's what he wanted, but the whole thing just left me feeling sadder than I did before.

Carla--sorry for Alexa. So hard when you've given everything and then are rejected. Why can't they just listen to us????

Candice--back yet? Did you Celebrate Thanksgiving with Meghan at all? Guess Luke and Nicole are celebrating with a Canadian couple ijn Minneapolis today (Nicole was born raised in London) she was impressed that I remembered that it was Thanksgiving. Thanks :laugh:

Phyl--Maybe your puppy needs a doggie shrink. Sure is some odd behavior. Hope Earl gets better soon! And what's up with the hip? Is this just since the accident? I thought it was more your back?

Janet--Me thinks Andrew'll be back. He had a good thing going. Just be darn sure he agrees to your ground rules! And what's up with Kerri? I read on FB that she's in a doctoral program. Good for her! Is she taking care of her health?

Steph--Not forgetting you. Prayers every day

Karla - We won't tell her you told us ;0)... Nice that you had time w/her - all girls need their mommy time..

dinner was fine - we went to his fav mex restaurant - had leftovers for today - it's so funny I was hungry wanted to order w/my old brain - taco enchillda & relleno - well I did order that - but the lady didn't hear taco - so just got the enchillada relleno r/b - ate half enchillada at dinner the other half around 9 - and the relleno for lunch ;0) Told him next time we will go to my fav mex restaurant..

Phyl - yep time should be changing shortly - my calendar says on halloween - but I know that bush or someone changed it - just google it - 1st Sunday in Nov - I hate that it's pitch black in the mornings ;0) (it's still dark at 6 am or should - and now it will be pitch black by 5 p.m. - evenings will be a lot longer I will be driving home from the gym in the dark - but it will be light around 5 a.m. ish instead of 6 ish... I will like that..

Well have gym tonite - will ck back when I get home

Thanks guys about Alexa, she is a sweetheart, even though I don't know where she came from?

I hope that Karri finds what she is searching for.

I wish we would just cancel the spring forward and fall back. I can handle fall back, but spring forward just about kills me. I try not to think about the fact that I am getting up at 3 am!

Linda, I hope the study goes well and that the medicine works. My mom and a quilting buddy had radiation for breast cancer, is that what type of radiation they are talking about. We appreciate you volunteering. My dad was in a study for a new lung cancer treatment, but I don't think he was on the test drug. But that is probably just me looking for answers. Sometimes I just miss him like crazy. He was the only one who could wrap me in a bear hug and make me feel petite and loved all at the same time. Okay, now I made myself bawl.

I just need to figure out how to make it through this week. I need about 50 additional work hours tossed in. Unfortunately, I have myself so stressed out that I can't seem to think.

Well better go, love you all, have major homework to do!

Morning ladies,

Short night.

This morning it is darn cold, in the 20's, heck I want summer back.

Weird thing, lst night when I took my shower, it looks like I have 20 bug bites in about a 3 inch circle on my waist. I sure hope it is bug bites and not shingles. This morning they are starting to itch like crazy. Speaking of itching, Candice how goes the rash? How irritating.

Well time to get to it. Check in tonight if I have time!

Hi, Quick trip to Minneapolis. Took Cora to the "Dora" park. Had a blast--she even saw the "Dora" character and got her pic taken! I so love the world through the eyes of a well-loved 2-year old. She's so happy!

I'm officially enrolled in one of Luke's research projects having to do with radiation therapy and the rate of bone loss in post-menaposual women. I'll get some kind of bone preserving drug injection. He'll do CTs of my femurs (thigh bones) in January 2011 and 2012 and compare me to women who have radiation therapy and recieve the same drug, and thoes who have radiation therapy without the drug.

Funeral today was different. For one thing they delayed it so that the younger daughter who is a senior could participate in Homecomming events last weekend. Don't know how I feel about that? (doesn't matter, I guess) Then, as the family was receiving visitors in the church sancturary before the service, someone was playing show tunes on the piano--you know, like "Hello Dolly." Yeah, the guy and his family were big into musicals and theater, but in church? Then, at the end, as they wheeled the casket out of the chruch we sang "Happy Trails to You." Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I would have found the Gospel message a lot more comforting. Then after the committal, everyone gathered at a park for a Brat fry.

Now to be fair, two weeks ago my friend attended her grandmother's funeral and as they drove home, my friend and her husband talked about what they would want. My friend said, "Who would have thought that a week later, I'd be carying out his wishes?" So, I guess that's what he wanted, but the whole thing just left me feeling sadder than I did before.

Carla--sorry for Alexa. So hard when you've given everything and then are rejected. Why can't they just listen to us????

Candice--back yet? Did you Celebrate Thanksgiving with Meghan at all? Guess Luke and Nicole are celebrating with a Canadian couple ijn Minneapolis today (Nicole was born raised in London) she was impressed that I remembered that it was Thanksgiving. Thanks :laugh:

Phyl--Maybe your puppy needs a doggie shrink. Sure is some odd behavior. Hope Earl gets better soon! And what's up with the hip? Is this just since the accident? I thought it was more your back?

Janet--Me thinks Andrew'll be back. He had a good thing going. Just be darn sure he agrees to your ground rules! And what's up with Kerri? I read on FB that she's in a doctoral program. Good for her! Is she taking care of her health?

Steph--Not forgetting you. Prayers every day

Linda - Ya funeral are diff now a days - more a celebration of life than the sad funerals.. My gf kathy who's Dad a few months a go - we the mom had heart attack while playing bridge - she's gone now and one of the granddaughter just lost her Dad 2 weeks ago - My heart goes out to them - I know how hard it is - I lost my parents within 1 month of each other - Funeral is Monday..

Karri's not talking to me either - I guess me saying she was a bit implusive - wasn't being supportive - I will like her stuff on fb but don't get replies - so I guess she needs to find her way - ya I saw the doc program too - and kids are loving her - it's just her idealist thoughts on changing the school system - I use to be a rebel when I was young - still am to a degree - but now go w/the flow pretty much..

Have you had a lot of bone loss - I haven't had a denisty test in a long time - but usually heavy pple don't have a problem - I guess do to all the extra weight we are carrying around is like weight training.

I'm pretty sure Andrew may be home in a few months - but if not - I'm ok with it - it's going to be a bit lonely during the holidays thought - I told the kids not to come down - since I know $$ will be tight for everyone after our trip next month - but we will see what happens.. But over all I'm doing great - miss him but really don't know if I want him home - we still have the dog issue - he has another one.. cute thing - but I don't need 4 dogs..

Thanks guys about Alexa, she is a sweetheart, even though I don't know where she came from?

I hope that Karri finds what she is searching for.

I wish we would just cancel the spring forward and fall back. I can handle fall back, but spring forward just about kills me. I try not to think about the fact that I am getting up at 3 am!

Linda, I hope the study goes well and that the medicine works. My mom and a quilting buddy had radiation for breast cancer, is that what type of radiation they are talking about. We appreciate you volunteering. My dad was in a study for a new lung cancer treatment, but I don't think he was on the test drug. But that is probably just me looking for answers. Sometimes I just miss him like crazy. He was the only one who could wrap me in a bear hug and make me feel petite and loved all at the same time. Okay, now I made myself bawl.

I just need to figure out how to make it through this week. I need about 50 additional work hours tossed in. Unfortunately, I have myself so stressed out that I can't seem to think.

Well better go, love you all, have major homework to do!

Morning ladies,

Short night.

This morning it is darn cold, in the 20's, heck I want summer back.

Weird thing, lst night when I took my shower, it looks like I have 20 bug bites in about a 3 inch circle on my waist. I sure hope it is bug bites and not shingles. This morning they are starting to itch like crazy. Speaking of itching, Candice how goes the rash? How irritating.

Well time to get to it. Check in tonight if I have time!

Hugs Karla - I don't have shingles but a form of it - it's called something else (wood something) I get blister on my hand - they use to come out all the time - hell when I got married I had a giant one - now adays - I rarely get them

I was reading about the same rash Candice has from those wipes - she's allergic to something in them - said to you cortisone cream - She's out and about in her new camper..

Well not much to report - dinner steak & veggies - bbq ran out of gas - good thing I like my meat rare ;0)

Did arms weight training yesterday - did pretty good - I think working out w/weight in boot camp is helping to make me stronger..

Have boot camp tonite

I agree about time change - I wish they would leave it on fall back ;0) or spring forward - AZ does - I wish the rest of us would too but since i get up early - I would like more light in the morning - and since it's hot here in the summer - it would be nice if the sun went down a little sooner

20 degrees - omg and it's not even winter yet..

Hugs on your Dad - I know it's sure nice to feel like that little girl again..

Tomorrow will be the 2 yr anniversary of my bro Michael's death ... Seems like yesterday - Miss him..

Linda-- Always love to hear about your "Cora time"! Sounds so fun!

Rad. trial.... that should be interesting! I did a drug trial on BP med once... turned out to be approved... Losartan... and now that's what the dr. has me on.

My feelings, exactly, on the funeral. But... times have changed!

I think the dog has respiratory issues because of her short snout and the hair lip. Then if the spasms last too long she goes in to panic mode.

Earl has follow up visit w/ENT today. His last day of antibiotics, too. Not a whole lot of improvement, except that the sore throat is gone. Ear is bothering him now.

My pain issues... stem from the back but pain is more sciatic in nature... left butt, down the back of my left leg, knee and tingling in the foot. Undoubtedly some nerve impingement. I FINALLY got an appt w/spine clinic, but not until the 28th. In the meantime, I barely made it through Water aerobics yesterday. Almost quit several times, but just kept pressing on through the pain and kept moving through the exercises I couldn't do.

Janet- glad you had a nice dinner w/Andrew. Yeah, you don't need FOUR dogs!

DST time.... I'd probably agree w/you if I was a morning person!! LOL! But I"m going to hate it when it gets dark an hour earlier, and it's going to screw up our dog park time for me and Zoey BIG TIME!! As it is, we go over a little after 6pm and it's already getting dark. Last night there were 8 people and about 10 dogs there when we got there. She mingled with the dogs a little bit, but what she really loves is sitting on everyone's lap and giving kisses to all the people!! That's sort of NOT why we are there, but... she prefers socializing with the humans and not the dogs!

Hugs on missing Michael. Doesn't seem like 2 years! And so sorry about the rift with Karri! You two have such a good relationship, and whether she realizes it or not, she needs the tough love sometimes... we ALL do!!

And hugs to you, too, Karla, on missing your Dad!! Relax... you'll make it through the week.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day. Water aerobics for us this morning... I"ll do what I can. Then Earl's dr. appt at 2pm... I might have him drop Zoey and I off at Walmart or Petsmart! Zoey needs to be groomed! And 2 young guys are coming to wash & wax RV and car... us and the next door neighbors. We were all siting outside... Larry & Wanda arrived in Sky Valley about 3pm yesterday.... and these guys came by with a "deal" if we both did it. So hope they get here early enough.. before we have to leave for Dr., so they can do the car first.

Well, found out that the skin issue is some major picnic of bugs on my side. Something must have gotten into my pants at work on Saturday. So at least it isn't shingles. Just what I need tonight.

Phyl I hope Earl got some more antibiotics, it sounds like he needs them.

Sorry I can't write much, need to read 60 pages before the night is over,

Well, found out that the skin issue is some major picnic of bugs on my side. Something must have gotten into my pants at work on Saturday. So at least it isn't shingles. Just what I need tonight.

Phyl I hope Earl got some more antibiotics, it sounds like he needs them. Sorry I can't write much, need to read 60 pages before the night is over,

Yuck!! That doesn't sound like much fun!!

Busy day... Water aerobics.. didn't do much... pain in left butt and down my leg, knee..... no matter what I did it hurt! Anyway, after that... lunch and off to Earl's dr appt. Had him drop us off at Petsmart... had Zoey groomed, shopped at Kohl's for about an hour, then Walmart, bank, Starbucks and by then Earl was back. Dr. did CT scan of his sinuses. Told him he can keep putting him on antibiotics, or he can fix it!! So... surgery next Wed. Hope it takes care of the problem!

Out to Mexican food with neighbor's and our beautician... for Larry's birthday. Good time

Zoey looks great!

post-220150-13813139630558_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139630865_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139631144_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139631406_thumb.jpg

post-220150-13813139631679_thumb.jpg

Phyl, Zoey looks beautiful. Did she do better during the grooming?

Wow, so Earl has to have surgery. What is going on? A deep infection or is it structural? You will have to take pictures of the cotton hanging out of his nose. Just so we can give him grief. But seriously, we will put him in our prayers. Any surgery, even simple ones can be scarey.

For a minute their I thought Zoey was sitting on Earl's lap, he looks a little like Earl, that or I just don't have my eyes open yet.

Well, tonight I hit the paper HARD, so it will be a quick check in.

Candice, Linda, Janet, where are you all? Just have to nag a little. This thread can't die, I would miss you all too much!

k

Phyl, Zoey looks beautiful. Did she do better during the grooming?

Wow, so Earl has to have surgery. What is going on? A deep infection or is it structural? You will have to take pictures of the cotton hanging out of his nose. Just so we can give him grief. But seriously, we will put him in our prayers. Any surgery, even simple ones can be scarey.

For a minute their I thought Zoey was sitting on Earl's lap, he looks a little like Earl, that or I just don't have my eyes open yet.

Well, tonight I hit the paper HARD, so it will be a quick check in.

Candice, Linda, Janet, where are you all? Just have to nag a little. This thread can't die, I would miss you all too much!

k

Yes, Zoey did MUCH better this time! And I loved the groomer at Petsmart... I will make sure I ask for Theresa next time, but all of them seemed very nice and much different from the Petsmart people at the one we went to in WA. They said she did try to bite, but once they let her know who was in charge she was fine. She wouldn't let her grind her nails, though. But she was able to clip them. That one picture I took through the glass, they were still clipping her face and she was sitting still and being a little angel!

The last picture was taken Sunday when we took our neighbor, Joy, to see her husband in assisted living in Santa Ana. She sat in the back seat with Joy all the way there and all the way back, and she LOVED Max, too. We took them out to lunch... and 5 of his relatives, too. So we're waiting to be seated and one of his daughters said "9 adults and a baby", so Max says in a LOUD voice.... "NINE PEOPLE AND A DOG!!" I said, "MAX, SHHHHHH!!!" But... the host never heard him anyway. Zoey was in her little red bag. I put it on the floor next to our table and she never made a sound all through dinner and no one noticed she was there!

The sinus thing is structural, but causing infections. So Dr. said he can keep giving antibiotics or fix it, so Earl opted for fix it. He did a CT scan and showed him exactly what was wrong and how he would fix it. I should have gone with him, but I wanted to go shopping at Kohl's and take Zoey to Petsmart! I figured he didn't have the patience for all that.

Yes, we need our peeps back!!!! Candice should be back today, I think. Linda is so busy. Steph and Karri don't like us anymore!! :smile::frown::grouphug: Janet must be still taking a "time out"?? Who am I forgetting??

Don't think I can do much at Water aerobics this morning. Hip hurting still. Appt is 2 weeks from tomorrow. Strange how the pain can stop for a week or more and then comes back with a vengeance! Couldn't do many of the exercises yesterday but did my best to keep moving anyway.

Edited by phyllser

Full day of classes and stuff today, and the rest of the week for that matter. Papers to grade this week--I hate that most of all. It usually takes me 1/2 hour per paper, and I've got 36 of them! When did they stop teaching writing in high school? I admire Karri for all her innovations, but honestly, I just wish my students could write a decent sentence and use the metric system.

sorry! gotta run. . .

I'm around - just pooped by the time I get home from the gym - I'm super busy at work w/all these new files..

Had fish & veggies last night - and for lunch today..

Doubt I will be going to yoga - it's just to late - when my gf use to go I would meet her but she's not going anymore - I will ck in later

Hugs& Prayers for Earl