Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Janet, we would hurt you if we weren't #1!!

Guess what? I just won 2 tickets to the Antiques Roadshow that is going to be in Billings (east side of Montana where I grew up) for July 26th. I have to bring 2 items for appraisal. I think I will bring a painting that I bought when I was a teenager from a local artist, and then I was thinking my piano. I have an old Cameo piano that is what they call a 'desk top' piano. It is smaller than an actual pianot 1 1/2 octaves short. but the cool thing is that the top folds down to make a writing surface. It also has pigeon holes and drawers for storing stationary and such. Neither are 'true' antiques because they aren't 100 years old, but who knows? It will be fun to find out more about them. I believe the piano was built in the 50's by a US company that no longer is in business. So who knows, maybe my items will make the TV? or I could bring my dad's old cast Iron pestile and mortor that was used in the mine to grind up explosive powder for blasting. Hum, now I'm not sure.

It is Friday!!!

Good Morning!! It IS still morning for a few more minutes!

Had 9 a.m. PT appt this morning. Intended to get to the gym early enough to do recumbent bike and wgt machines BEFORE PT, but... didn't make it and only had enough time to do the wgt machines. Hard workout at PT... so sorry I said it was wimpy after the first one!!! I was dripping with sweat again today! Pool has strong jets that they've been turning on at the end of my exercise session and have me walk back & forth and sideways against the current, holding one of those flutter boards in front of me! And having me go up the step, like 20 times each leg, etc. SO.... by the time I finished all that, took a shower, and decided I was too exhausted to go back upstairs and do some time on the bike! Oh, well... I had a good workout. My arms and legs are feeling it!

Tracy and I went to the gym together yesterday and I worked out about 40 minutes... 20 bike, 20 wgt machines. Then we went to Surf Shack for lattes. Problem is... while we were there, SIL called and said he was taking us out to lunch! BAD! So... went to this Chinese place he likes and Earl met us there and I ate something to greasy! Made me feel like I wiped out my whole exercise session! Stupid! He really likes that place and I can never find anything very healthy to eat. I should have ordered a bowl of Won Ton Soup!

Good Afternoon - I tried to post this morning - but the stupid page just kept saying loading..

Guess what? I just won 2 tickets to the Antiques Roadshow that is going to be in Billings (east side of Montana where I grew up) for July 26th. I have to bring 2 items for appraisal. I think I will bring a painting that I bought when I was a teenager from a local artist, and then I was thinking my piano. I have an old Cameo piano that is what they call a 'desk top' piano. It is smaller than an actual pianot 1 1/2 octaves short. but the cool thing is that the top folds down to make a writing surface. It also has pigeon holes and drawers for storing stationary and such. Neither are 'true' antiques because they aren't 100 years old, but who knows? It will be fun to find out more about them. I believe the piano was built in the 50's by a US company that no longer is in business. So who knows, maybe my items will make the TV? or I could bring my dad's old cast Iron pestile and mortor that was used in the mine to grind up explosive powder for blasting. Hum, now I'm not sure.

It is Friday!!!

How cool Karla - I have a plate that was given to my great grandfather who was an attorney - it's from China - a Chinese man gave it to him (I guess my GGF won a case for him) - I know it's over 100 yrs old - My GM would be 128 today - Plus I have a green glass goblet that was my GM since she was 2.

Had 9 a.m. PT appt this morning. Intended to get to the gym early enough to do recumbent bike and wgt machines BEFORE PT, but... didn't make it and only had enough time to do the wgt machines. Hard workout at PT... so sorry I said it was wimpy after the first one!!! I was dripping with sweat again today! Pool has strong jets that they've been turning on at the end of my exercise session and have me walk back & forth and sideways against the current, holding one of those flutter boards in front of me! And having me go up the step, like 20 times each leg, etc. SO.... by the time I finished all that, took a shower, and decided I was too exhausted to go back upstairs and do some time on the bike! Oh, well... I had a good workout. My arms and legs are feeling it!

Tracy and I went to the gym together yesterday and I worked out about 40 minutes... 20 bike, 20 wgt machines. Then we went to Surf Shack for lattes. Problem is... while we were there, SIL called and said he was taking us out to lunch! BAD! So... went to this Chinese place he likes and Earl met us there and I ate something to greasy! Made me feel like I wiped out my whole exercise session! Stupid! He really likes that place and I can never find anything very healthy to eat. I should have ordered a bowl of Won Ton Soup!

Phyl - I find eating out the hardest time to make good decision - really there aren't too many healthy food options when you eat out - hell just a salad & dressing can be 800 cal..

So you are just going to have to eat lite for dinner and go to the gym tomorrow :0) - No wine tonite :0) Ya right I know that's not going to fly ;0) - so no snacking tonite.

Candice - How did you do today... Enjoyed talking w/you last night..

Well lets see any news - well sorta my gf Candy's SIL died yesterday - he was 45/47 - was at work last Sat - they don't know what happend really except he passed out - fell off scaffoling - major brain damage (brain dead) and paralyzed -

Left behind wife of 19 yrs - 3 kids 18 - 16 - 13.. Very sad for the family.. She might be coming over later..

Work was ok - Food ok - BF LF Cabot Vermont cheese & crackers 200 - lunch chicken thigh - 5 mentos ;0) - Dinner - will be corn on the cob bbq ck - corn on the cob and maybe some Pasta - sometimes corn on the cob doesn't go down..

Tomorrow - GYM - haven't been for 2 Saturdays.. Nails - eye appointment - so far these are pretty damn good - distant in one eye (left) could be adjusted just a tad..

Need to go to bro's house and clean out some papers that are still there and see if nephew is still camping out there..

That's about it -

It is Friday!!!

shit, lost my post....:thumbup:

Good Morning Gang

Up at 5 got my Ipod charging - this new one doesn't seem to hold a charge like the last one - once it's done - I will be headed to the gym..

GF candy came by last night - So we visited - I just feel so sad for her family - I am going to make something and take it to her DD tonite - I know that those simple things mean alot - her DD is holding up so well - I talked to her for a minute last night on the phone to give her my condolences.. But with Gods help they will make it thru..

So after she left - tried some corn on the cob - I love corn on the cob - but my band doesn't like it - came back up - so ate my ck leg and little rice - that went ok - then tried yogurt - it was a slow go..

Karla where were you last night - I ck'd the thread to see if you had posted after Candy left - but you didn't ;0(..

I assume you are working this weekend at the nursery - be careful girl..

Phyl - Whats on the agenda for you today - It was windy yesterday - suppose to have the ugly wind all weekend - I haven't turned on the t.v. this morning so don't know the recent up dates - but it's breezy now..

Candice - What's your plans for the weekend - I know it's your memorial weekend and hopefully this yr you are having good weather..

Linda - Are you a new gm yet ?? How are you..

Denise - We miss you,.

Steph - are you selling popcorn this weekend and next - How's Michael doing..

Well need to get dress and drink more coffee - I really could have slept in this morning ... But I HAVE TO HIT THE TREADMILL !!!

OXOXO

J

Janet, just spent a lazy night doing very little. I struggled with getting dinner down, tight I guess. Just over tired. Was doing some shopping at my favorite online overstock store, sierratradingpost.com. They had some nice summer wear for 70% off, so ordered some tank tops, a summer dress, and my favorite jeans. I resisted the shoes, I do love shoes. But I also did some birthday shopping while I was on. DD#4 & DD#5 birthdays are in June. Actually DD#2's birthday is today, she hits 31, so I need to give her a call. I have her gift somewhere in this house, but haven't found the box that it is in.

Going into Missoula to do some grocery shopping at costco & Super Walmart. Then home to do some yard work. I have some roses that need planting, but I need to build the beds first. Tomorrow I work.

Only 13 more days of school left, then onto the campus for the masters program.

Well hope you all have a good day, TTFN

Happy Queen Victoria Day Weekend!! For all you Canadian Lurkers, *(aka May 24 weekend, ah we pack our beer in a case of 24 hee,hee)

and Happy Memorial Day for all you Yanks!!!..

First LONG weekend of the summer. .. and theres already been fireworks in my neighbors backyard last night... but it didnt' keep me awake...

ANd Thankfully it dosn't upset the dogs!

a bit of the history....

Background

Queen Victoria was born on May 24, 1819. Following the death of three uncles and her father, she became Queen of the United Kingdom on June 20, 1837 and reigned until her death on January 22, 1901. Victoria is still the longest-reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. During Victoria's life, the British Empire expanded considerably. However, her powers as Queen of the United Kingdom were reduced as the House of Commons became more important and powerful in British politics.

The monarch's birthday has been celebrated in Canada since before the beginning of Queen Victoria's reign. After her death, in 1901, May 25 became known as Empire Day. The sovereign's official birthday was still celebrated, often on the King's or Queen's actual birthday. In 1952, Empire Day was moved to the Monday before May 25 and since 1953, the official birthday of Queen Elizabeth II has been celebrated on this date in Canada. In 1958, Empire Day became known as Commonwealth Day, which was moved to the second Monday in March. The Monday before May 25 then became known as Victoria Day, which is a Canadian statutory holiday.

:thumbup:

TOPS walk this morning. Slept in. Now have to rush!

Meeting at bldg at 9 a.m.

So sad about your friend's SIL, Janet!

I have to go..... TYL

Hey Gang

Back from the gym 3 miles burn 418 calories - WTG Janet - I don't think I have been on the treadmill for 2 weeks now.. But back in the saddle..

Here I sit at the computer - should be in the shower - I can't wait till the nail shop by Target opens up..

Karla - look for that Cabot cheese it's really good. Sounds like you are going to have a good day today - lucky you only 13 more days of work..

Phyl - Thanks - I feel so sorry for the kids.. But they have a loving family so they will make it thru..

Hope you enjoyed your Tops walk..

Candice - Next weekend is our 3 day weekend - Memorial Day to honor our soldiers who have died for us.

We only Celebrate - President Lincoln's Bday and President Washington's Bday - Well schools get both off - the rest of us just get Washington's bday off - but now a days they call 2/22 Presidents day..

Well I really do have to get in the shower - will cb when I get back :0)

It's so hard for me to keep up with all of you. Levi was born early Monday morning and by 9 am Cora had a temp of 103. I was "grandma-nurse on call" and since we didn't know what Cora had, she was not able to go to the hospital to visit mommy and Levi, and so after a couple of days, she was missing mommy too. I forgot how hard it is to take care of a sick toddler (but then again, when I did it I was 20-something with good hips, not 50-someting needing a replacement). None the less, Andy, Penny, Cora and Levi have consumed my week. In the process I lost my focus on eating correctly, so next week I'll have to get back on track, at least until Thursday when we leave for a road trip to visit Mindy in Bentonville. . . Then Tim and Mindy and possibly Luke and Nicole are comming home for the baptism. . . Oh yes, and I have to teach a class, monitor the externships, and ged started on that ####! curriculum project.

so it goes. Mel is working on the fireplace downstairs, so I need to go back down and tell him how good it looks (which it does), and also try to plant the Tomato plants that I bought in Minneapolis last weekend when we were there visiting Luke and Nicole.

Hey Gang

Back from the gym 3 miles burn 418 calories - WTG Janet - I don't think I have been on the treadmill for 2 weeks now.. But back in the saddle..

Here I sit at the computer - should be in the shower - I can't wait till the nail shop by Target opens up..

Karla - look for that Cabot cheese it's really good. Sounds like you are going to have a good day today - lucky you only 13 more days of work..

Phyl - Thanks - I feel so sorry for the kids.. But they have a loving family so they will make it thru.. Hope you enjoyed your Tops walk..

Candice - Next weekend is our 3 day weekend - Memorial Day to honor our soldiers who have died for us.

We only Celebrate - President Lincoln's Bday and President Washington's Bday - Well schools get both off - the rest of us just get Washington's bday off - but now a days they call 2/22 Presidents day..Well I really do have to get in the shower - will cb when I get back :0)

TOPS walk was fine.. was disappointed that it was only .8 mile... took me 35 minutes, so I thought it was over a mile. Oh, well.... last year I rode my scooter for most of the "walk". Walked a very short distance so I could get my badge! We went to Breakfast when we were done... just Earl & I. Brought most of it home with me though.

Yes, guy behind me was young, too... I did not know him at all, really... but they have a young daughter, too, and it is so sad for little kids to lose their dad so young and she's only about 8 yrs old.

It's so hard for me to keep up with all of you. Levi was born early Monday morning and by 9 am Cora had a temp of 103. I was "grandma-nurse on call" and since we didn't know what Cora had, she was not able to go to the hospital to visit mommy and Levi, and so after a couple of days, she was missing mommy too. I forgot how hard it is to take care of a sick toddler (but then again, when I did it I was 20-something with good hips, not 50-something needing a replacement). None the less, Andy, Penny, Cora and Levi have consumed my week. In the process I lost my focus on eating correctly, so next week I'll have to get back on track, at least until Thursday when we leave for a road trip to visit Mindy in Bentonville. . . Then Tim and Mindy and possibly Luke and Nicole are coming home for the baptism. . . Oh yes, and I have to teach a class, monitor the externships, and ged started on that ####! curriculum project.

so it goes. Mel is working on the fireplace downstairs, so I need to go back down and tell him how good it looks (which it does), and also try to plant the Tomato plants that I bought in Minneapolis last weekend when we were there visiting Luke and Nicole.

Oh, my!! And I thought you were busy before! You've had a whirlwind week with more to come, sounds like! Congrats on the new grandson!

36_2_79.gif

We went to Tracy & Jim's after the walk & Breakfast. Visited with them and my Gigi puppy for a while. Then Earl wanted to bring the Chevy home, so my pretty new car is sitting over there and he'll be fussing with his Chevy all afternoon. Think I need a scooter cruise around the neighborhood. Maybe I'll go see what Target has on sale. Then we're supposed to go back to Tracy's for dinner... spaghetti & meatballs! But she said she'd keep it healthy.. she's going to buy ground turkey for the meatballs. And maybe I'll take a can of my french style green Beans and not eat the Pasta. Earl made that last week, though.. and I had it for 3 meals before it was gone and I PB'd every time for some reason!

36_1_51.gif

Congrats Linda on your new grandson !!! Since I have mostly raised Andrew - I know what you mean - but I was 36 when he was born - so I was still young - Don't know if I could do it today - hell my Brooke wears me out and she's 6..

Enjoy the family times :0)...

Phyl - did you walk the .8 miles - WTG

I've been tight too - I made some guacamole for lunch had about 4 or 5 chip/guacamole and was full - I did stop - Yea Janet -

Hopefully you won't be tight tonite..

Well got my eyes done - I am pretty happy w/contacts now - my distant in left eye is a little off but if he fixes it I won't be able to read as well with it - so he gave me an extra one for my left eye for when I am like driving out of town - hell I don't need to see distant here - I was born here - know where I am going..

Walked around costco - got a few things - Choc chewable Calicum w/D - sf - good - then had some pomagrainte juice - well one of the 2 - made my intestines move :0) - Think it may have been the pomogranite juice - cuz you are only suppose to drink 1 oz - I had 1 little samples - don't think it was an ounce - but after about an hr I had to use the restroom at kmart :0) I know tmi - but good to know what helps make you go - think I will go back and get that juice :0)

Went to look for these sandals I got at Kmart when out of town 2 weekends ago - but they only have orange (these are the ones I got) pink and teal - I would have gotten the pink & teal - but they didn't have my size - they are really comfortable

Then went and got nails done - then to Target to get Andrew his Shampoo etc stuff - came home - talked to Joseph

now doing my toes

It's so great to be able to do my own !!! Hell before I couldn't reach them - well I could but it was very very hard.. No longer have the tummy in the way..

Phyl, I am so proud of you...you are doing really well at the gym and PT...:thumbup: Loved EARL`s car picture that was sweet. Ummm, chinese food, ya its hard to get good stuff for us... I usually get peel`n`eat shrimp. or stir fryed chicken with veggies, skip the rice...

HUGS, Candice

It's so hard for me to keep up with all of you. Levi was born early Monday morning and by 9 am Cora had a temp of 103. I was "grandma-nurse on call" and since we didn't know what Cora had, she was not able to go to the hospital to visit mommy and Levi, and so after a couple of days, she was missing mommy too. I forgot how hard it is to take care of a sick toddler (but then again, when I did it I was 20-something with good hips, not 50-someting needing a replacement). None the less, Andy, Penny, Cora and Levi have consumed my week. In the process I lost my focus on eating correctly, so next week I'll have to get back on track, at least until Thursday when we leave for a road trip to visit Mindy in Bentonville. . . Then Tim and Mindy and possibly Luke and Nicole are comming home for the baptism. . . Oh yes, and I have to teach a class, monitor the externships, and ged started on that ####! curriculum project.

YEAH LINDA! Congrats on baby Levi!!! That explains why I havn`t been able to reach you on skype...

They are so lucky you were able to watch CORA for them..hope she is all better now:thumbup:

Melsky is getting the F/P finished eh? That is cool, you`ll really enjoy it downthere, just takes the dampness out of the lower level. I LOVE Mine!!!

Going to Sarnia for a few days, my DAunt and Duncle are both is bad shape... MY Uncle is diabetic, depressed and not eating.. my Aunt has been so worried about him that she got a Bowel Blockage and had to be rushed to ER. Shes out now but very weak and not really up to dealing with him... I am going to go and do some FREEZER cooking for them, get a bunch of healthy meals planned for them and then they can just eat out of the freezer for a while until she is stronger.. I can do all the groc shopping, and get the house cleaned for them... just kinda help out for a couple days. They are the Sweetest couple, but they are bickering with ea other right now cause neither feels well... so sad.

I am going to take my laptop and visit a starbucks once a day to try and keep caught up and enter in my food JOURNAL... I am doing well so don`t want to screw that up. BUT my Uncle is dibetic, so I`ll be in good NON Suger eating company LOL:biggrin:

Candice

Hugs on the family issues - will include them in our prayers -

You are a great niece!!! Enjoy your time with them - how far away are they - safe trip

Thanks for the cute card :0) It was so cute :0)

xoxox

Janet