Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Took each of the furries for their first walk in our new town. They did great considering they have always walked out of town. I actually walked a total of 33 blocks. Not as long as I should, but it is a start for them and me. We didn't even have a single woof, very rare!!

Janet, the sour cream was light, but the cheese, no. But I can't stand faky cheese, so I just have less of regular. Found myself eating when I wasn't even hungry today. All good food, but too much food AND my pants are feeling snug. So back on the program, i know I can never leave it, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Day was good, but glad it is over. Also I realize I shouldn't type when I'm half asleep, I have Monday off next week, NOT Tuesday, I guess I was 'dreaming'.

Have a good evening, Janet, I hope the funeral was okay. Personally I hate them. So did dad, that is why he requested no services or family gathering. Unfortunately, all of dad's siblings are pushing for a gathering to scatter his ashes on his birthday in July. He SPECIFICALLY said he didn't want anything, but I know mom is going to cave. I guess I kind of understand, but I also am stubborn and feel we should do what dad asked. Oh well, I just hate the idea. Check in later, TTFN

IMHO... funerals are an important part of the grieving process and help to bring some closure for family and friends. SIL's mother refused to have a service for her husband 3 yrs ago. He was well known in the area and a VIP in the company he worked for. I know for certain that family members still have a difficult time dealing with the fact there was no funeral or memorial of any kind. She couldn't deal with it, so she adamantly insisted there be nothing at all.. no celebration of his life, no funeral, no burial. He was cremated and that was it!

Hey gang - came her an hr ago but Kaitlin skyped me - so I have been on the phone/computer with them for the last hour..

Karla - The memorial isn't til friday - Celebration of life really - I think pple need them cuz the pple left need to day goodbye - my gf dad didn't have anything and my dad said that at least a memorial so that pple could say their goodbyes..

The 2% cheese is good and it melts. Yep this is a lifetime thing - but it takes time - I just ate a piece of 50 cal cheese - really didn't want it it just sounded good..

Well need to go feed the dogs and watch dancing w/the stars from last night -

I will ck bk later

IMHO... funerals are an important part of the grieving process and help to bring some closure for family and friends. SIL's mother refused to have a service for her husband 3 yrs ago. He was well known in the area and a VIP in the company he worked for. I know for certain that family members still have a difficult time dealing with the fact there was no funeral or memorial of any kind. She couldn't deal with it, so she adamantly insisted there be nothing at all.. no celebration of his life, no funeral, no burial. He was cremated and that was it!

You must have posted while - I was talking to the kids

I agree 100% pple need to be remembered..

Morning,

Phyl, I dropped the check in the mail last night, so I guess I'm totally committed, can't wait, it will be so much fun.

Got my tickets for the Roadshow yesterday!!!

Actually working on next years stuff, probably should focus on this year, but I always get this way toward the end of the year. I just can't seem to make myself sit down and 'do it'.

Well, I hope you all have a great day. TTFN

Good Morning Gang...

Not much to report - Watched Dancing w/the Stars & Idol

dinner was grilled cheese (lite bread & 2% cheese)

Don't know what I am going to do for lunch today - maybe a lean cusine since I don't have left overs..

CALORIES;CARBS;FAT;PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,007;98;36;44

I`ve been away for a couple of days... nursing my Uncle and Aunt back to health...hee,hee...

Really just put up a few meals for them in the freezer so that they could rest and recouperate from the hospital stay.

I said my serenity prayer many times over the last couple days, and it did help. PLUS, my Uncle is diabetic and is not watching what he eats very well.... so I was trying to do some nutrician education with him... this really kept me on the straight and narrow, as I felt I had to be an good example....

Take care and have a great WEDNESDAY

Candice

Karla; great job on finishing that Masters assignment.. and the dog walk. WOW that was a big one, you must have seen the whole town.!!!

PHyl: sorry you in a funk, it happens to us all at times... but you are doing the right things and looking after your health. Getting your exercise goes a long way to lifting a mood.

I didnt`really think you ate a lot??? Puzzled at that one, cause I saw you eating for 3 days... and you ate less than me. Maybe our metabolism is FLICKed up from so many years of dieting. Try the journaling, eat 800 one day, 1000 the next, 950, 875, then 1200 and see if that dosn`t shake off a few... trick your body into losing again.

Janet: hugs on the funeral, I agree with Phyl. there needs to be a `coming together`of family and friends. It is psychologically necessary IMHO

CAUTION: Funny story to follow....

Well you know that when I was at my AUnt & Uncles I would slip out for a few hours, go over to the starbucks and do my email.... while there I thought ah-ha... I`ll buy my Uncle (diabetic) a bottle of their sugar free syrups... Ummmwhat flavor??? So I got Hazelnut...

got home and showed my Uncle how the SF Syrup would make his coffee taste just as yummy without putting his sugars up to 17!!!! (they are supposed to be under 8, Cdn measurements) so He says O.k. I`ll try it...

OH my, he dosn`t like Hazelnut, it reminds him of the Liquour Frangelico!!!! OMG (regroup)<

So next morning I say, hey Uncle I have to go over to Starbucks to do my mail, pick up some tinfoil yada,yada...he says ``well I have to go to the bank, so I`ll come with yA`

Get to starbucks and I ordered 2 skinny lattes, vanilla... he wants a LARGE, and I get a SMALL... I go to pull out my wallet to pay. He says ``ÒH no, its my treat, you``ve been so good to me and Aunt``..

I said, Uh Uncle I`ll pay, cause when y ou see how much$$ it will be you are gonna have a stroke!`` He insists... the bill is $9.34 and he hands her a $10... she gives him back change... now rememer my Uncle is profoundly DEAF...

He yells at the barista, Hey what are you trying to pull, I gave you a $10!!!! we sit down....

Now drinking this DELUX coffee, he is gripping, grumbling etc... I say BUT do you like it Uncle???? Oh yah, I guess so... but its too damn hot!!!! ( its coffee!)

Then in his very big OUTSIDE voice he says, `do me a favor, when we get home check my drawers., cause I think I shit myself`!!!!

Then we continue our trip, going next to the bank... he has to go in c ause he`` dosn`t trust those damn Money grabbing Machine things`

Oh my gosh these old folks are so funny... this is my Mom`s Brother... and teh genetic link is very strong... I just kept laughing...

I get home and am retelling these stories to my DH and he says to me...... get ready..... STOP YELLING, I`m right here beside you, I can hear just fine!!!

I realized then that I had been talking for the past 3 days in a VERY LOUD voice... Aunt is deaf in one ear, but he is in both... Has hearing aids and just REFUSES to wear them...they sit collecting dust on his nighttable.. he just thinks it is no problem, and can`t understand why everyone else in the world just can`t Speak UP!

Please tell me we are not all going to end up like this!!!

- there were many other instances to chuckle about but I`ll save the rest for Seattle... and a few glasses of wine!

Glad to be home:lol: oh and stuck to my food plan and am now down 5 lbs.... yeah!!

PHyl: sorry you in a funk, it happens to us all at times... but you are doing the right things and looking after your health. Getting your exercise goes a long way to lifting a mood. I didn't`really think you ate a lot??? Puzzled at that one, cause I saw you eating for 3 days... and you ate less than me. Maybe our metabolism is FLICKed up from so many years of dieting. Try the journaling, eat 800 one day, 1000 the next, 950, 875, then 1200 and see if that dosn`t shake off a few... trick your body into losing again.

Janet: hugs on the funeral, I agree with Phyl. there needs to be a `coming together`of family and friends. It is psychologically necessary IMHO

CAUTION: Funny story to follow....

Well you know that when I was at my AUnt & Uncles I would slip out for a few hours, go over to the starbucks and do my email.... while there I thought ah-ha... I`ll buy my Uncle (diabetic) a bottle of their sugar free syrups... Ummmwhat flavor??? So I got Hazelnut...

got home and showed my Uncle how the SF Syrup would make his coffee taste just as yummy without putting his sugars up to 17!!!! (they are supposed to be under 8, Cdn measurements) so He says O.k. I`ll try it...

OH my, he dosn`t like Hazelnut, it reminds him of the Liquour Frangelico!!!! OMG (regroup)<

So next morning I say, hey Uncle I have to go over to Starbucks to do my mail, pick up some tinfoil yada,yada...he says ``well I have to go to the bank, so I`ll come with yA`

Get to starbucks and I ordered 2 skinny lattes, vanilla... he wants a LARGE, and I get a SMALL... I go to pull out my wallet to pay. He says ``ÒH no, its my treat, you``ve been so good to me and Aunt``..

I said, Uh Uncle I`ll pay, cause when y ou see how much$$ it will be you are gonna have a stroke!`` He insists... the bill is $9.34 and he hands her a $10... she gives him back change... now remember my Uncle is profoundly DEAF... He yells at the barista, Hey what are you trying to pull, I gave you a $10!!!! we sit down.... Now drinking this DELUX coffee, he is gripping, grumbling etc... I say BUT do you like it Uncle???? Oh yah, I guess so... but its too damn hot!!!! ( its coffee!)

Then in his very big OUTSIDE voice he says, `do me a favor, when we get home check my drawers., cause I think I shit myself`!!!!

Then we continue our trip, going next to the bank... he has to go in c ause he`` dosn`t trust those damn Money grabbing Machine things`

Oh my gosh these old folks are so funny... this is my Mom`s Brother... and the genetic link is very strong... I just kept laughing...

I get home and am retelling these stories to my DH and he says to me...... get ready..... STOP YELLING, I`m right here beside you, I can hear just fine!!!

I realized then that I had been talking for the past 3 days in a VERY LOUD voice... Aunt is deaf in one ear, but he is in both... Has hearing aids and just REFUSES to wear them...they sit collecting dust on his night table.. he just thinks it is no problem, and can`t understand why everyone else in the world just can`t Speak UP!

Please tell me we are not all going to end up like this!!!

- there were many other instances to chuckle about but I`ll save the rest for Seattle... and a few glasses of wine!

Glad to be home:lol: oh and stuck to my food plan and am now down 5 lbs.... yeah!!

Too funny! Can't wait for some more stories! But I like the "check my drawers" the best!!

Yeah... I weighed 200 for so many years back in the 70's-80's, I think my body just wants to settle in here. I've been so tight, I'm not able to eat too much. Yeah, ate out too many times lately... Tracy & Jim are a bad influence!! LOL! But I have ramped up my exercise!

Hey... guess who is here for a morning visit... sitting on my lap, licked my bf plate clean and is now washing my arm!!! HAHAHA!!

post-220150-13813139344056_thumb.jpg

Too funny! Can't wait for some more stories! But I like the "check my drawers" the best!!

Yeah... I weighed 200 for so many years back in the 70's-80's, I think my body just wants to settle in here. I've been so tight, I'm not able to eat too much. Yeah, ate out too many times lately... Tracy & Jim are a bad influence!! LOL! But I have ramped up my exercise!

Hey... guess who is here for a morning visit... sitting on my lap, licked my bf plate clean and is now washing my arm!!! HAHAHA!!

Awh~~ is Earl softening a bit???

Good Morning Gang...

Not much to report - Watched Dancing w/the Stars & Idol

dinner was grilled cheese (lite bread & 2% cheese)

Don't know what I am going to do for lunch today - maybe a lean cusine since I don't have left overs..

So.. who do you think will win tonight??? AI, that is! Last week I was rooting for Lee... but he didn't do so good last night. Crystal was amazing, though, so I voted for her. I think she has more "star quality", but they are probably both quite marketable! Will be interesting to see who wins, but I think Crystal was the clear winner last night.

Thought we'd go to costco after Primetimers today but Earl said no because we don't need gas! Okay.. so we'll just sit hear and watch the rain ut the window the whole rest of the day. Wish Tracy wasn't working today. I may go to Kohl's by myself. Better than watching the rain and listening to Earl snore all afternoon! And I was going to remember to look for the Cabot cheese, too. Earl says we have to big chunks of cheese in the refrigerator and when they are gone, I can pick whatever cheese I want! Yeah, right! Like Mr. Control Freak is going to let ME pick out the cheese.

I did journal all my food for a long time. I got burned out, I guess. Just can't find the discipline to do it right now. I'll tell you what I eat.... YOU can write it down!!

:smile2::biggrin::laugh::biggrin::blink:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,435;172;52;77

Candice, man I know what you mean about the 'deaf' thing. My dad lost most of his hearing working around the noisy machines for the mine. So we spend many years talking loud. The problem was that even after he got hearing aides..for both ears..his brain didn't recognize sounds. The doc said that he would have to retrain his brain, but that takes time. He did eventually get so he'd wear them when company was around but not when he and mom were alone. We all just said that was because he didn't WANT to hear mom. I always find it difficult to be in the same house with hard of hearing individuals because they always have the TV so loud which I find very stressful. But I must admit that I find that my some-day-son-in-law runs the TV to loud. So it probably is just me.

I am tighter than Earl and his wallet. I haven't been able to eat all day and have struggled with even Water. I guess I am stressed about the insurance thing. Tell me again that I'm not a bad mom for not insuring my kids....

Trying to drink a latte, hoping the heat will open things up, I'm starving!!!

Phyl, go dog shopping, then Earl won't remember the cheese issue. GET THE DAMN DOG!!!! Life is too short!

I am tighter than Earl and his wallet. I haven't been able to eat all day and have struggled with even Water. I guess I am stressed about the insurance thing. Tell me again that I'm not a bad mom for not insuring my kids....

Trying to drink a latte, hoping the heat will open things up, I'm starving!!!

Phyl, go dog shopping, then Earl won't remember the cheese issue. GET THE DAMN DOG!!!! Life is too short!

OMG!! You are NOT a BAD MOM for not insuring your GROWN UP kids!! For heaven's sake.... get over it! It's the RIGHT thing to do. They need to learn to be responsible for themselves!!

I think Tracy & Jim & I might go puppy shopping while Earl is off getting the electrical work done for the tow bar on the new car tomorrow! May check out some local shelters... and maybe even the one that is east of the mountains!

You are not a bad mom.... sheesh.... its time to cut the apron strings babe.... You`ve given them everything for 20+ years... when does it become YOUR time.... If all of your daughters were earning money, ask yourself if THEY would pay YOUR premiums.... uhm, I bet they`d need new cars, new cell phones, a better apt., new clothes....

I don`t mean to sound hard, but the girls are at the point in their lives where they think the world revolves around them...

«Be strong, you are doing the right thing:thumbup:

OMG!! You are NOT a BAD MOM for not insuring your GROWN UP kids!! For heaven's sake.... get over it! It's the RIGHT thing to do. They need to learn to be responsible for themselves!!

I think Tracy & Jim & I might go puppy shopping while Earl is off getting the electrical work done for the tow bar on the new car tomorrow! May check out some local shelters... and maybe even the one that is east of the mountains!

oh puppy shopping will be such fun.... I`ll be thinking about you!!:smile2: