Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Candice

Hugs on the family issues - will include them in our prayers -

You are a great niece!!! Enjoy your time with them - how far away are they - safe trip

Thanks for the cute card :0) It was so cute :0)

xoxox

Janet

They live in Sarnia, Ontario- right across the St. Clair river from Port Huron, Michigan..

Its about a 4 hour trip the way I drive LOL... ya, they are sweet.. they have been so good to me over the years, You can't imagine..plus their Daughter(my cousin) and I are very close, she's a Nurse Practitioner and was instrumental in getting my MOM diagnosed a few years ago with a Geriatric Psychiatrist... so its good that I am able to help them now. KARMA

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Last wk of school this week. Fri. we will have a crawfish boil at my house. I work another week, and then I will head a summer camp if we get enough kids to sign up.

We spent the day today planting outside. I got two Queen palms to replace the foxtail palms I lost in the freeze. I don't love Queen palms, but they survive a freeze. I want Majools, but I can't afford that.

Did ya'll see Kari's prom pic on FB. Heeeeelarious!

I saw Earthboxes one night on HSN. They are expensive. While researching them, I found sites that make them. So me and DH made two last weekend. I planted tomatoes and bell peppers in them, and I planted eggplant and cucumbers in a small garden. Did ya'll try cucumbers dipped in hummus? Yum

DD dips bell peppers in hummus, but bell peppers are expensive!

Janet-sorry about your friend's SIL. Same age as my friend that just died.

Morning ladies, Linda, congrats on the new gbaby, someday...I'll have my own...maybe. You'd think with 5 girls and be seeing one soon. But only 2 have DH/Significant other, so it will be awhile. I just hope it isn't DD#4. I think that would send me over the edge. I try not to think about DD#4 too much, she worries me so. For the last couple of days she has gone fishing with her friend and her friend's dad. I'm not comfortable about it because the dad has been in and out of jail. I told her I didn't trust him. She SAYS she doesn't trust him either, but that doesn't stop her from going.

Paid bills and worked in the yard after the mega shop yesterday. Had DD#2's birthday wrong, I thought yesterday was the 23rd, which IS her birthday, but TODAY is the 23rd. Called her to wish her happy birthday and she had a real chuckle about me having the day wrong. Am I getting old? yep.

food yesterday sucked, no excuse. One of my new neighbors bakes cinnamon rolls and she sent some over. I need to talk to her and explain that I can't have them.

Work today, but running slow. It will probably be a slow day at work. Cool and rainy. The nursery business hasn't been good. Hopefully I won't run into any pickups with the loader!

Well you all have a good day, TTFN

Good Morning Gang

Denise so glad to hear from you... Glad school is over.. You guys get out early - our school goes to June but we don't start til after Labor Day

I have a ranch that has Mahjools lol - but those are just regular date palm trees - My Dad was a date farmer :0).. They aren't decorativen - Queen Palms, Pygmy Palms & Fan Palms are what we use here in the Desert for landscaping - I have 3 queen palms in front yard w/2 fan palms and 3 queen palms in the back yard - oh ya segero (sp) palms but they have to be shaded in the summer - those are the expensive ones - I would think they would do better in your area..

I would love to have veggie garden - don't have any place to plant one - I should consider planter garden - but then I wouldn't have time for fb & lbt :0) - Hell I farm on FB every day :oO

Karla - LOL on your food - well you should work those calories off today.. Just be careful of your inners..

Oh ya I saw the pic of Karri on fb (thanks for telling us Denise) it was too funny..

Well stupid dogs woke me up at 7 - Did my farming - had one cup coffee and need another. Need Dog Cat food - see what's a target - should go to bro's house - but it's depressing so don't know if I will or not - I am such a procrastinator.

Well need more coffee - cbl - Have a wonderful Sunday gang

Lost is on tonite - The very last show - I have been watching for 6 yrs (just heard on the new thats how long its been on) - I have watched it from day one - it's on from 7 to 11... So you know what I will be doing tonite - Finding out what the Island is about - Pergatory - Cain & Able - Good vs Bad and you can't change your destiny.

cbl

Quiet day today. I am watching a program on super morbid obese, people who weigh over 500 pounds. Very depressing. I don't know if it was the program or just being tight, but I lost dinner after 3 bites.

Did work my tail off at work. Kind of grouchy now, so I think I'll take my grouchy self to bed.

I'll check in tomorrow!!

Good morning, I could still be in bed sleeping!! Hit the snooze button, which I rarely do.

Dentist appointment today, hope all is well, I haven't gone in a couple of years. I do love to have my teeth cleaned. Of course that could have somthing to do with the hygentist being a real hotty. He could dig in my mouth any day!!

I need to make an insurance decision by Wednesday, our school is changing insurance companies and I can't decide on which plan. 1st do I continue to insure my children (add $300 per month), do I go with 70/30 with a $500 deductable with a max out of pocket of $1000 per year, or $3500 deductable with 100% and $7000 max per year? Do I keep dental and vision? We didn't get the information until Thursday & have to have a decision by this Thursday. I have a meeting with the rep on Tuesday, I'll have to do some number crunching. I hate these type of decisions becuase once you make it, you have to live with it for a year.

Everyone was quiet yesterday. Phyl are you around? Candice? Linda? Check in later, TTFN

Good Morning

Stayed up late watch Lost - just got up - so drive by :0)

Karla depends on what your medical issues are and what you need done - I'll think on it..

Candice is gone to take care of Aunt & Uncle

cbl

Excerpt froom note to phyl::: I am in Sarnia right now looking after my Aunt and Uncle. She just got out of the hospital with a BLocked Bowel. The obstruction is to be removed surgically, as soon as she is strong enough to withstand the proceedure. Hence I came down to make ahead freezer meals for them... they are sweet.

But as they get older, they are lacking in meal imagianation and tire of the preparations so they have been NOT eating (him the diabetic) and her EATING Too much and »Junk..... ( oh can you say take a look in the mirror Candice?)

Anyways, they are appreciating my `new food``, never cooked it THAT way before``.... they are a hoot.. thank Goodness they both still have a sense of humour!!

Hugs, Candice

Karla; with regard to the Health Ins. buy whtever plan gets you your SURGERY with the least deductable... Your girls can start looking after themselves..... this may sound harsh (LOVE) but GF you need to start putting yourself FIRST...

Janet: I``d love to have the opportunity to PLANT palms... I just love them, alas I`d just be sentencing them to a cruel and unusual death!!! :tongue2:

LInda: Do all your cuddling, you lucky, lucky girl... we want PICTURES Doll..

Denise: So glad you`ll soon be out of school... Your Shrimp boil sounds so good... I can almost taste them!!! YUMMY

food yest. was pretty good.

Cereal for breaky

Yogurt w/ strawberries

protien snack bar 150

12 potatoe chips/ w guacamole homemade dip(trying to get the seniors to eat something different)

Pork chop 1/2, 1/4 cup bbq potatoes, 1/2 cup asperagus...

A NO SUGAR DAY.... hooray!!!

so far today, Cheerios w/ 1% milk, SF FF LAte at Starbucks... thats where I escape to to read my email.

oh yeah, this a.m. at Breakfast I say to my Uncle (diabetic) do you want some SF Whole grain cheerios?

Sure, and I pour him a coffee... he takes it black.... good!

Then he asks my AUNT to give him his treat.... wait for it.... BAILEYS IN HIS COFFEE!!!! OMgosh»!!! I just about lost it... WTF are you doing????? Uncle Dunc, that is straight SUGAR....

so I am buying him some SF Flavored Syrup from Starbucks to take home to him....

you can lead a horse to Water....... ya right"!!:)

I`ll let you know how THAT goes:rolleyes:

Candice

Glad you got to check in - LOL baileys w/morning coffee - he's after the alcohol - not the Creamer effect lol - Patience of a saint - Older pple can be a challenge.

At work but don't want to be :0) found this new way to be on site and if someone walks in - they cant tell.

Karla - do you cover just dd#4 on your policy or 4&5 - Now 4 lives w/you but she older than 5 - 5 lives on campus right?? What she going to do come summer

I know it's easy to tell you to drop dd #4 from your insurance - can she get something thru the State - She's 23 and not going to school is she - I thought that you could only cover kids up to a certain age and that they had to be in school full time

I think plan #1 has less out of pocket doesn't it ($1,000 Max)

Do you wear glasss or contact ?? if not drop the vision - dental no - teeth are expensive..

Candice - WTG on your food

Phyl - What's up w/you

Well need to get back to work - ugh - I rather be home watching the last hr of lost -

Good morning, I could still be in bed sleeping!! Hit the snooze button, which I rarely do.

Dentist appointment today, hope all is well, I haven't gone in a couple of years. I do love to have my teeth cleaned. Of course that could have something to do with the hygienist being a real hotty. He could dig in my mouth any day!!

YOU ARE SOOOO BAD!!! LOL

7_1_106v.gif

I need to make an insurance decision by Wednesday, our school is changing insurance companies and I can't decide on which plan. 1st do I continue to insure my children (add $300 per month), do I go with 70/30 with a $500 deductible with a max out of pocket of $1000 per year, or $3500 deductible with 100% and $7000 max per year? Do I keep dental and vision? We didn't get the information until Thursday & have to have a decision by this Thursday. I have a meeting with the rep on Tuesday, I'll have to do some number crunching. I hate these type of decisions because once you make it, you have to live with it for a year.

Everyone was quiet yesterday. Phyl are you around? Candice? Linda? Check in later, TTFN

DO NOT cover your children!! They're all over 21 now, right?? They need to take responsibility for themselves. Get jobs that have coverage, etc. No one in school now?? Colleges have health insurance available for a reasonable price. Get a plan that will allow you to get the surgery that you need!!

Good Morning

Stayed up late watch Lost - just got up - so drive by :0)

Karla depends on what your medical issues are and what you need done - I'll think on it..

Candice is gone to take care of Aunt & Uncle

cbl

So... how was the LOST finale???? Gave up watching that several years ago when it just got too weird!!

Anyways, they are appreciating my `new food``, never cooked it THAT way before``.... they are a hoot.. thank Goodness they both still have a sense of humour!! Hugs, Candice

Karla; with regard to the Health Ins. buy whatever plan gets you your SURGERY with the least deductible... Your girls can start looking after themselves..... this may sound harsh (LOVE)

but GF you need to start putting yourself FIRST...

Janet: I``d love to have the opportunity to PLANT palms... I just love them, alas I`d just be sentencing them to a cruel and unusual death!!! :smile:

food yest. was pretty good.

Cereal for breaky

Yogurt w/ strawberries

proteinsnack bar 150

12 potato chips/ w guacamole homemade dip(trying to get the seniors to eat something different)

Pork chop 1/2, 1/4 cup bbq potatoes, 1/2 cup asparagus...

A NO SUGAR DAY.... hooray!!!

so far today, Cheerios w/ 1% milk, SF FF Latte at Starbucks... that's where I escape to to read my email.

oh yeah, this a.m. at Breakfast I say to my Uncle (diabetic) do you want some SF Whole grain cheerios?

Sure, and I pour him a coffee... he takes it black.... good!

Then he asks my AUNT to give him his treat.... wait for it.... BAILEYS IN HIS COFFEE!!!! OMgosh»!!! I just about lost it... WTF are you doing????? Uncle Dunc, that is straight SUGAR.... so I am buying him some SF Flavored Syrup from Starbucks to take home to him.... you can lead a horse to Water....... ya right"!!:sneaky:I`ll let you know how THAT goes:rolleyes:

TOO FUNNY!!! Bailey's in his coffee!!! :sneaky::tongue2::tt1:

:):tt1:

You should be able to get SF Irish Cream for his coffee, but maybe not at Starbucks. Their SF flavors are so limited considering the myriad of SF flavors that are out there! There is a SF white chocolate powder that is wonderful! I usually get that mixed with a little SF Raspberry or vanilla.

So.... scale went up today... TOPS weigh in... I'm back a hair over 200 again and it's depressing!! Just farting around with the same 3-4 lbs for way too long!! Up, down, up, down, up, down!! Especially considering all the exercise and walking I've been doing. Have to revise what I'm eating! Apparently my body likes this weight! I weighed right around 200 for a lot of years. But I don't want to stay here!!

Anyways, nothing to do with that... I'm feeling kind of depressed and weepy for no apparent reason! Go through this from time to time which feeds my theory that even after menopause we still experience some sort of "cycle".

Then, since Earl skipped TOPS this morning, I went to the pet store on the way home. Not a good thing to do when I'm already depressed! But I'd never been inside their main store and it is truly beautiful! Big aquarium room, reptile room.. all beautifully decorated with soft lights and music! Would never seriously consider buying a dog there because their prices are too high. They had Chihuahuas and Toy Poodles. The poodles were so cute... 5 of them, all blond... but $795 and NO papers! Not registered. And that only includes puppy shots and exam. Shelters are way less than that and often include spay/neuter, all shots and pet exam.

But... I spent about 1/2 hr browsing through their books on several small breeds... Yorkie, Shih Tzu, Maltese, etc. I really want a Yorkie mix. One book said that Yorkies make great therapy puppies... like to take to a nursing home or hospital, because everyone they meet is their BEST FRIEND!! That's the way Gigi is! Tracy will bring her over and she opens the door and lets go of Gigi's leash and she races across the room and dives into my lap! Love it!

Candice

Glad you got to check in - LOL baileys w/morning coffee - he's after the alcohol - not the creamer effect lol - Patience of a saint - Older pple can be a challenge.

At work but don't want to be :0) found this new way to be on site and if someone walks in - they cant tell.

Karla - do you cover just dd#4 on your policy or 4&5 - Now 4 lives w/you but she older than 5 - 5 lives on campus right?? What she going to do come summer

I know it's easy to tell you to drop dd #4 from your insurance - can she get something thru the State - She's 23 and not going to school is she - I thought that you could only cover kids up to a certain age and that they had to be in school full time

I think plan #1 has less out of pocket doesn't it ($1,000 Max)

Do you wear glasses or contact ?? if not drop the vision - dental no - teeth are expensive..

Candice - WTG on your food

Phyl - What's up w/you

Well need to get back to work - ugh - I rather be home watching the last hr of lost -

Oh... so you have another hour of Lost to watch. So you haven't seen the climax yet. Thought there would be comments on Face Book this morning but haven't seen any so far.

Home before noon this morning and nothing else on the agenda for today! Just sat around all day yesterday. Can't do that again. Will maybe take a cruise around the neighborhood. And think I'll go do my routine at the gym, too.

You probably all saw Karri's prom picture already, hope she doesn't mind, but I'm going to post it anyway. It's so cute and so funny!

post-220150-13813139340818_thumb.jpg

Good Evening Gang....

Back from the gym... Had a good work out..

Well Phyl if you don't want to stay there - then it's back to basics !!! 5 day pouch test??.... Back to keeping a food diary (did you ever??) You know those lattes and wine calories add up..

food today for me - BF Jerky (100 cal) - lunch - pinto Beans (250) - snack pt chips 130 cal - 40 oz of Water so far -

dinner - I am going to try some cod - I have never had it (well ya fried fish & chips) I am going to Cajun it.. :0) by putting some blacken stuff on it an bake it in my garlic olive oil -

Gotta watch my last hour of Lost to - then Dancing w/the Stars..

Idol tomorrow - VOTE LEE ;0) !!!

Candice, I buy SF Irish Cream coffee flavoring, I actually get it at the liquor store even though it is nonalcoholic.

Thanks for the advise on the insurance, I think I will no longer be covering the girls. DD#4 is not thrilled, DD#5 is cool with it. Since DD#5 is still going to school she can get insurance through the university. DD#4, it is her problem. DD#5 is spending the summer in Idaho working for the Bureau of Land Management on the river checking boaters for PFD. i don't know if I will get the dental insurance, I just went to the dentist today and he says that all looks fabulous, no problems. I need to check if I can add dental next year and if there is a waiting period.

I finished my last masters project until June!! whopwhop, I get a whole 3 weeks off.

It sounds like you alll have had a trying day, Hang in there. TTFN

Morning...is it really morning? I could have slept for a couple more hours...maybe a nap when I get home. I'm stuck on my coffee this morning. Don't dare close my eye's or they will stay that way. It is Tuesday, yeah!!! and it is a 3 day weekend. I work on Sunday, but have Tuesday off, hope to get something done.

Phyl, you said you liked books on tape/CD. There is a great Nora Robertson called High Noon. If follows hge book closely.

okay, pry the eye's oven,

Had taco Soup for dinner last night. Needless to say it is a little hight in calories. But I was cold, wet and needed some comfort food. Super lean hamburger, corn, diced tomatos, a taco seasoning packet and kidney Beans A little cheese, fritoes, and light sour cream, and you are in heaven.

Best go before I fall asleep, TTFN

Good Morning Gang

Karla - Good for you and your insurance decision... You can always add and take away in the enrollment period next yr - dental for me isn't that expensive..

Your Soup didn't sound bad till I read cheese an sour cream and frittos lol - hope the cheese and sour cream where lite ;0)

Yes looking forward to 3 day weekend myself. May be going to see Prince Cover Band (fake Prince) we saw them last yr and they give an excellent show..

Funeral friday at 6:30 for gf sil - Sat a.m. gym w/trainer cuz he has to cancel on wed -

I watched the end of lost - I think the bottom line was that no man is an island - we need each other - just like lbt ;0)

I could use a little more sleep myself ;0)

CBL

Took each of the furries for their first walk in our new town. They did great considering they have always walked out of town. I actually walked a total of 33 blocks. Not as long as I should, but it is a start for them and me. We didn't even have a single woof, very rare!!

Janet, the sour cream was light, but the cheese, no. But I can't stand faky cheese, so I just have less of regular. Found myself eating when I wasn't even hungry today. All good food, but too much food AND my pants are feeling snug. So back on the program, i know I can never leave it, but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Day was good, but glad it is over. Also I realize I shouldn't type when I'm half asleep, I have Monday off next week, NOT Tuesday, I guess I was 'dreaming'.

Have a good evening, Janet, I hope the funeral was okay. Personally I hate them. So did dad, that is why he requested no services or family gathering. Unfortunately, all of dad's siblings are pushing for a gathering to scatter his ashes on his birthday in July. He SPECIFICALLY said he didn't want anything, but I know mom is going to cave. I guess I kind of understand, but I also am stubborn and feel we should do what dad asked. Oh well, I just hate the idea.

Check in later, TTFN