Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey kids..... Momma's home!!!

Hi everyone!!!

My surgery went very well!!!

I had my surgery at 9:00am.... they did my Lap-Band, they fixed my hiatal-hernia and did a fundolectomy (something to do with the fundus of the stomach) and biopsied the lesion on my spleen.

My spleen came back as a BENIGN (cancer free) lesion, so they left my spleen alone!! Yippy! Otherwise, I'd have to stay in the hospital for 2-3 days!

Anyway.... by 12:00 NOON, I was in the car, on the way home!!!

I got home around 12:30, and went directly to bed, and slept HARD until 3:00.

I am somewhat sore.... but it's manageable. They gave me liquid Vicodin (HOLLA!!) that I can take every 4 hours.

My right shoulder is a little sore as well, presumably from the gas.

They also used glue only on me... no stitches, no tape (I have tape issues)

I have 3 incisions (I think! not sure!! have to take a peek later) of which all are about 2 inches under the "girls".

Otherwise, I'm back in the saddle! Don't tell my clients, but I feel pretty secure I could work tomorrow... IF I WANTED TO! But, honestly, it only makes sense to take the day off!

Speaking of clients... I have a client in Queen, NY that I do a high volume of work for. I do graphic design, and I do a lot of business cards, flyers, and brochures for him. Someday when I'm feeling good, I'll post a link to samples of my work.

ANYWAY.... imagine my surprise that he sent me FLOWERS today!! How sweet is that??

My 3 BFF's brought me flowers yesterday too, so now my house smells like yummy flowers!!

Hubby is being a rock, and the boys are steering clear of me. I showed them 1 of my incisions, and they bugged out :wink:

I'm living on ice chips, and Arizona Diet Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey.... and shots of liquid vicodin: Party @ my house!! ROFL!!

Anyway... just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing well, and that surgery was a breeze!!

AbbyPoo... side note since you're going to the same hospital: everyone couldn't have been any more professional or caring. They are a well oiled machine there, and really impressed me! There are a TON of great hospitals in SE Michigan, and Harper Hospital rocked my socks! You should feel confident that you're going to get the best care possible!!

Big, skinny, HEALTHY hugs to all my August BANDits (and all the other BANDsters as well!)

Love,

Karen

Hooray! This post had me laughing my butt off! "My kids bugged out" ha ha. I'm also happy that you're having so much fun with the vicodin! Lol

Thanks for the reassurance as far as the hospital goes. That makes me feel a lot better. Once again, I am SO HAPPY that everything went so smoothly for you.

Ha, I love Arizona! It hadn't even occurred to me that I could still drink that post-surgery. Yay!

Oh I didn't know that you had a lesion on your spleen, I'm glad that you didn't have to have it removed or operated on, I know from experience with family members that splenectomies are bad news.

Do you get to have Protein drinks tomorrow or does your doctor want you on Clear liquids all week?

Anyway, I have to go so I can google "fundus." Lol

Wow, I'm so glad everything went great and you are feeling well!! Keep on that Vicodin and I'm sure you'll breeze through the recovery!! :wink:

So glad to your home and doing well:thumbup: Take it easy for a few days don't over do it.

Karen !!!!! YAY !!!

I'm sooooo glad to hear that everything went okay and that your back to your hilarious wise cracking self !! I LOVE IT !!

The party at my house had me LMAO !!! HAY !!! :crying:

Im glad to hear everything went fine with your spleen and the ?fundus?? I swear it sounds like your cursing us out !! LOL !!:tt2:

Okay Momma...get some rest, cause I'm gonna need your support come sunday night !!:wink:

congrats on your surgery! you sound so spunky! your either a real trooper, or stoned! either way, you can't go wrong there! excited to see your progress,it's always inspirational! lisa6

Congratulations Karen!!!

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well today. Keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Holy crap, I can't believe you were in/out so quickly!

My surgeon requires a minimum overnight stay, if not two nights, before he'll let you go home. That's amazing that you were banded and outta there within 4 hours!

CONGRATS!!! WOW out so fast!!! I definately would relax and take the day off!! Im so glad there have been so many positive experiences. My aunt went through it last week...and she calls me everyday to give me the status... she said.. She is not hungry at all..and it was a WALK IN THE PARK.. (surgery). talk to you guys soon..

that is great news, I would have been able to go home right away too, but the doctor said with the HH repair I may want to stay overnight just to get the good drugs... I didn't get the liquid Vicodin... but some good little pills that work pretty good for me. I am still in the recliner, but I go in and out, walking helps with the gas... I wish I had glue just tape and six little holes, not too sore around the port site either...

Congratulations!!! Glad everything went so well!!

Karen, I am happy to hear things went well for you.

I was released yesterday around 230pm. The surgery went well. It is so weird not being hungry considering I have consumed food since Wednesday around 8pm. I had to wait 24 hours to shower and it felt good. I cannot figure out how to get the bandages off. They are clear, almost like a second skin ANY SUGGESTIONS! The GAS X strips are helping. I have not passed gas or had a bowel movement since Thursday morning. Doc said to take milk of mag on day 3 if I don't have BM...TMI! I have not had much pain, I reserved the "happy medicine" for bedtime.

The chewable Vitamins tastes like flavored cardboard. One word of caution..take a pillow for the ride home. My belly shook everytime we hit a bump and it hurt. I cannot tell where the port is located. I am a bit of a chicken and don't have the nerve to feel around. I have gas in my left shoulder which moves to my chest...not too bad. The doc did an EKG and blood tests to make sure that the shoulder pain wasn't related to any heart problems. I am so glad I wore a loose dress. DO NOT were jeans or anything snug. I have 6 incisions less than 1/2 inch in size and pants would have been terrible. I have been trying to drink as much as posible. I am having Jello for lunch...yummy! Monday I will start the chocolate Protein shakes. Days 1-3 diluted juice, days 4-14 shakes and low-cal drinks (no more juice). Day 15 I start the mushy diet. Getting out of bed sucks and wiping your back side (butt) was a little painful (that turning motion) Sorry TMI! I had a thought...if my butt wasn't so big I would not be that difficult...LOL.

Karen,

Glad to hear your doing so awesome. Girly take some time to recoup.....let your body rest. I think I kicked my pain meds to early...when the nurse comes back in, I'm askin' for drugs. Doesn't hurt but am really sore. I've walked alot today, but i've napped alot as well. Hugs Patty