Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Banded yesterday..ALL went well, tons of nausea medicene. Now I am home and the soreness had gradually increased, especially when I get up or down. They gave me liquid percoset, but thats not really helping. At the hospital on was on a morphine pump, so maybe the liquid perk is just not holding the same ground as the pump. I am supposed to stay on a clear liquid diet for two days and then move on back to the plain liquid diet including oatmeal/cream of wheat, etc.. Im glad to hear everyone else is doing well and good luck to the rest of the "to be banded" !

Banded yesterday..ALL went well, tons of nausea medicene. Now I am home and the soreness had gradually increased, especially when I get up or down. They gave me liquid percoset, but thats not really helping. At the hospital on was on a morphine pump, so maybe the liquid perk is just not holding the same ground as the pump. I am supposed to stay on a clear liquid diet for two days and then move on back to the plain liquid diet including oatmeal/cream of wheat, etc.. Im glad to hear everyone else is doing well and good luck to the rest of the "to be banded" !

I was banded yesterday also. My liquid pain killer isn't doing much either, no planning on taking anymore after today. I don't want to have the Constipation that comes from taking pain meds. I wont be on oatmeal etc until my next doctor appt on wednesay..I been walking, walking walking and it helps way more than the meds.

John did your surgeon leave two small tubes attached to a little external pouch with anesthetic in it? They are telling me that I have to pull them out myself one the pouch is full..

its wierd.

No, sorry, nothing like that at all? Just a injection for putting me out, and then I woke with the normal 5 laparoscopic scars on my stomach.

Amanda,

I like your new picture, you glasses are very stylish!

Congrats, your weight loss is going nicely

Thanks alot! I like my glasses as well!

I have fallen off the list too...I think someone copied an early version of it...so I will add me back on. Tomorrow is the big day, flying to San Diego, then on to TJ Mexico, surgery same day...and fly back Saturday..

Good Luck to all going soon. Will post as soon as I can.

Love to all--

Kimberly~

Best of luck Kimberlyann!! I hope the long travel on Sat goes smoothly for you!

My surgery is all set for the 30th! YEAHHHH!!! I had my pre op visit with the surgeon today, and a class and pre op tests on the 28th. Then surgery on the 30th at 1:00. I am kinda glad its later in the day, we can keep the morning routine the same for our daughter, then just have someone pick her up at daycare in the pm. I have lost 20 lbs! I always suprise myself by what I can do when I put my mind to it. I really only ate much healthier, and tried to be somewhat more active. I think its the little changes that make a big difference. OK, time to clean house now.....good luck to everyone coming up this week!

Jodi

Yeah! Welcome to BandLand!

And congrats to other new bandsters!

I was banded yesterday also. My liquid pain killer isn't doing much either, no planning on taking anymore after today. I don't want to have the Constipation that comes from taking pain meds. I wont be on oatmeal etc until my next doctor appt on wednesay..I been walking, walking walking and it helps way more than the meds.

Dee congratulations!!! So sorry the pain meds aren't working. I could not have survived without the Vicodin! It totally worked for me. Walking helps for sure! :tt1:

Hi guys, my scale finally moved again, I am 16 pounds down now! :tt1: Started mushies and feeling much better. I still get hungry between meals but I feel full with much less - about a cup of food, like we are supposed to do.

I also started exercising. I do a hike/run thing for 45 mins. Feels good to get back into it.

How are the early bandsters doing with weight loss and exercise?

Somehow I'm not on here any more... I'll fix it! lol

:tt1:

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

$occer mom 9/3/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie)9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas)9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

BrentinLA 9/14/09

Queen Bee 9/14/09

amwash23 9/14/09

romain123 9/14/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

Lula 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Italia2020 (Mia) 09/21/09

Ariane (Ariane) 09/21/09

Jenna1979 (Jennifer) 09/22/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

ShrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Somehow I am not on the list either, however I did not know how and was put on by someone nice. Any help will be appreciated. September 28 yippee

Hi all, day 6 of the pre-op diet. going well. the afternoon seems to be when I'm the hungriest but stickin with it. have only lost 3 lbs so far but its 3 less than I was before. Good luck to everyone who is getting banded this week.

@all September Bandsters

Unfortunately I did not find a poll for the group name so I created a new one.

Please vote here for our Group Name:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/september-group-name-poll-102389/

PS: I found a topic where September 2009 Bandsters were brainstorming for September 2009 Group Names. I used their suggestions. If you need me to add an additional option please let me know, I can still add it to the poll. :)

Good Morning everyone! Good luck to all those having surgery today! Day 3 of my pre op diet, lost 12 pounds! :) Feeling hungry in the evening but ive been getting by. Hope everone has a great day! :lol:

Good morning all! Hello to all the new bandsters and goodluck to the ones going in today!