Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hello NanaRenan, GasX strips worked well for me also, Warm Soups and no drinking through a straw. Good Luck to your Son.

Soco? I have never heard anything about drinking through a straw, why? Just curious

Two weeks of pre-op liquids is sooooo hard, I'm hungry all the time. Of course I realize alot of it is in my head. I'm worried I won't be able to do this. :thumbup:

I'm on day 2 of the pre-op diet...I'm not feeling great and in the bathroom more than I would like. My banding will be on Sept 21st. You only have 4 days to go! Hang in there!!!

Edited by Ariane
error

Soco? I have never heard anything about drinking through a straw, why? Just curious

I was told that it makes you take in air thus causing gas.. They told me that after surgery. I could drink anything that could be drank through a straw but, Not to use a straw.

Warning!! Future Bandsters!!

I thought I should post this since this is one of the things that set me back.. Be careful and not get into the "Last Meal Mentality" aside what you think Yes, You will eventually be able to eat everything! Except in much smaller quantities.. I made the mistake of allowing myself to get into this state of mind. And gained EIGHT pounds! It wasn't till I thought I might jeopardized the surgery that I got back on track...Good Luck to Everyone!

Add me officially to the Sept bandster list! Insurance just approved me and I'm set for Sept 30!

Add me to the Sept. list! Just found out I was approved yesterday and am set for surgery on the 15th. I'm so excited.

September Band List

Soco 9/01/09

Amandakrangel 9/1/09

Coloradomom (Gen) 9/1/09

ms_Hart37 9/1/09

mosean6278 09/01/09

katklaws 09/01/09

SmilinShel (Michelle) 09/01/09

Comet321 (Chris) 9/1/09

ivy76 9/02/09

Jmtmb (JoLynne ) 9/4/09

JLDChester(Jamie) 9/4/09

Cortney75 (Cortney) 9/4/09

tzn (Karena) 9/8/09

mrsyellis (yohontas) 9/08/09

Jules 09/09/09

Soldiersgem(ginna) 9/9/09

pr8453(Pam) 9/9/09

bradybrat 09/09/09

Ready4a2ndchance 9/09/09

travel (Anita) 09/09/09

kittkat2009 09/10/09

Hmarko (helen) 9/11/09

stardustic 9/11/09

Nawlinzlady (Dee) 9/15/09

Anni80 (annie) 9/15/09

mmmorgan 9/15/09

smallerj (jes) 9/16/09

Boo Cakes 9/16/09

Hardygostlin (Jody) 9/17/09

Loveslady(Tawonda) 9/17/09

Gatorgirl1024 (Shelley) 9/17/09

MishiB (Michelle) 9/17/09

Sharie3 9/21/09

Pookiemp 9/23/2009

leigna 09/24/09

Chickychoo (Jill) 09/28/09

Kinzie 09/28/09

Soexcited 9/30/09

shrinkingV (Vickie) 9/30/09

Edited by Soco

Your so right Soco about the last meal mentality. I have gain like 7 or 8 back too. I am hoping to loose them on my 5 days of liquids before I go for surgery Wednesday.

Welcome to the new people on the list! Whoo Hoo!

Also, kudo's to those who have done the liquids all ready, espeically those who did like a week, two weeks or more. I just started mine today and am like "wow, this REALLY is gonna be hard!". Way to go!

I am just so excited for all of us Sapphire Banditos and our new birthdays. If I had a tail, it would be wagglin':rolleyes:

I had my surgery on the 9th..my surgeon said everything went perfect. I went in at 7:30 and was home by 1:30. I am a little sore and feel a little loopy..but other than that I am good. I am having no gas pains except for an ocasional feeling in my stomach where it feels like I need to burp but can't..like it's just a stuck burp or something..once that passes I feel fine. Hope everyone else is doing as well:tt1:

Testing testing to see if ticker shows cause it didn't on my page

I had my surgery on the 9th..my surgeon said everything went perfect. I went in at 7:30 and was home by 1:30. I am a little sore and feel a little loopy..but other than that I am good. I am having no gas pains except for an ocasional feeling in my stomach where it feels like I need to burp but can't..like it's just a stuck burp or something..once that passes I feel fine. Hope everyone else is doing as well:tt1:

Kudos!! I'm glad to hear you're doing so good.. :cursing:

I hate the stuck burp feeling.. :laugh:

Hi -- I'm asking here from those who've just had surgery. My son had it on Wednesday and is very uncomfortable from the gas in his belly and chest.

I've had multiple lap. surgeries and for some reason this has never been a problem for me. I know I've read that walking is good for it. Any other tips I can share with him...?

Maalox Total Relief - Maximum Strength worked wonders for me. That and a heating pad on my belly when I slept. While I felt bloated the pains where never unbearable for me and I think I lot of it has to do with taking the Maalox, the heating pad, also getting up and walking as much as he can. That will help get everything out.

Also sipping on warm broth helped too.

Hope that helps him feel better.

Edited by Cortney75
spelling errors...

Thanks Soco!! I am definately going to pick some of that Isopure up. I want to succeed at this but not make myself sick doing so. hugs to all !!

I really like the Isopure Grape, punch and the orange also. It was taking me all day to drink one prior to surgery and I am on Clear Liquids for week 1 post op but my daughter went and stocked me up on them for when I am able to start drinking them again.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

My surgery is scheduled for Monday morning (Sept 14) at 8am and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I have been on my pre-op diet for about 2 1/2 weeks which consists of 2 Protein Shakes, 1 cup of fruit, and 1 meal of lean meat and green veggies a day and have lost 10 pounds....I am worried though because in the last couple of days I have gained 3 pounds (I was down 13lbs). I am hoping it is because I started my period on Tuesday, but tomorrow is my last day, so hopefully by surgery on Monday I will be back down. Thanks for all the great tips about the heating pad, and mini bowls/silverware. Congrats to all of you who have already been banded as well as those of you who are yet to be banded.