Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

I was told that it makes you take in air thus causing gas.. They told me that after surgery. I could drink anything that could be drank through a straw but, Not to use a straw.

Me too! Same advice.

Good point. None of my weight has come back (yet) in 2 weeks, but I am starting mushies next week....The optimist in me likes to think I am losing my 15 lbs for good! On the other hand, I lost my 15 in the first week, and exactly zero in the second....:wink:

We are right around the same BMI and weight loss. I lost about 14 in two weeks - just had the surgery yesterday. I did this crazy high Protein diet 20 years ago and lost a lot of weight and it stayed off quite a while. you take your weight multiply it by 10 that is what you need to maintain your weight. Then you take the calories your eating and to lose a lb of fat you need to deficit 3500 cals. So i was about 240 - if I eat 700 cals a day - I will lose about 3.5 lbs a week. But I lost about 14 in two - so I will expect to not lose till that number is right or made up. So by week three using that formula I should have lost nearly 12 lbs. They explained it to me that way back then and that is what happened. Some of it is the initial Water but then your fat loss catches up even though u aren't losing. you are right on track it sounds like.

For anyone that has already had the band surgery..............I am on my full liquid diet now 5day post-op and i'm noticing that my "full" feeling is so totally different from the full feeling I felt prior to being banded. Is this the case for anyone else???? Maybe it's because I'm still so early in my recovery, I don't know. It's not a bad feeling just different.

I can't tell yet - I am drinking things very slowly - i feel full but I am only a day out so it could just be pain. I did get some fill but I don't know how much. I feel bloated more than anything.

We are right around the same BMI and weight loss. I lost about 14 in two weeks - just had the surgery yesterday. I did this crazy high Protein diet 20 years ago and lost a lot of weight and it stayed off quite a while. you take your weight multiply it by 10 that is what you need to maintain your weight. Then you take the calories your eating and to lose a lb of fat you need to deficit 3500 cals. So i was about 240 - if I eat 700 cals a day - I will lose about 3.5 lbs a week. But I lost about 14 in two - so I will expect to not lose till that number is right or made up. So by week three using that formula I should have lost nearly 12 lbs. They explained it to me that way back then and that is what happened. Some of it is the initial Water but then your fat loss catches up even though u aren't losing. you are right on track it sounds like.

I like this explanation. It sounds right. So my water weight is coming back but my fat is leaving, right? Good enough for me! :tongue2:

Hope you are feeling okay. Those first 4 days after surgery I lost 7 lbs...and then it stopped. But it was nice while it lasted!

I like this explanation. It sounds right. So my Water weight is coming back but my fat is leaving, right? Good enough for me! :tongue2:

Hope you are feeling okay. Those first 4 days after surgery I lost 7 lbs...and then it stopped. But it was nice while it lasted!

Hi coloradomom- doing ok. I just weighed myself this is my first day after surgery and I am up 3 lbs! So that must be the water weight and bloatiness after the surgery. I mean yesterday I ate NOTHING and today 3 Protein Shakes.< /p>

Yay! I have a date of september 17!

We have the same date!!! Are you as excited and apprehensive as I am. Almost want to hypervenilate as I have never had surgery of any kind.

Keep us posted as I look forward to see how we did.

GodSpeed!!

I am not getting headaches but boy am I hungry!!

I have been off line for awhile gone on vacation. Now I want to soak up as much info here as I can!

Congrats on your surgery! I had mine on 9-9-09 too. I flew to SanDiego from GA and then went to Tj so my surgery was around 5pm PT and I was released from the clinic at 1pm 9-10 and checked into the hotel - I felt pretty rough that day - just from stomach soreness- I couldn't get comfortable so I couldn't sleet. Today my daughter and I went walking all through this hotel complex - in all the stores and I felt so much better when we came back to our room and was able to take a 2 hr nap. I still have some gas pains but not as often as before. We fly home tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait to be home! My dr - has you do 1 week Clear Liquids post op and then 2 week full liquids

I hope you are doing well!:tongue2:

Hi Pam-So glad to hear everything went well for you! I too am going to TJ for surgery, mine is on 9-21-09. I am so worried about my pre-op diet, I need to lose 14 lbs and so far I have only lost 5 lbs

:wub:. Who did your surgery? I will be seeing Dr Ortiz.

We have the same date!!! Are you as excited and apprehensive as I am. Almost want to hypervenilate as I have never had surgery of any kind.

Keep us posted as I look forward to see how we did.

GodSpeed!!

I've never had any surgery either! I've been looking at the sticky of others operation. Most of them sound about the same so I calm down a little then the one in a million story pops up and scares me to death. The closer it gets the more frighten I become. I am praying I don't get in there and become to scary. Let me know how it turns out for you.:tongue2:

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. My boys have been sick so I have been stuck in the house this weekend. Hope everyone's well. Keep up the great job!

13 days post banding and down 21lbs. Feeling great. Had minor discomfort from the CO2 gas but now past that.Had my banding done in Mexico by a wonderful surgeon and could not have asked for a better experiance than what I had. Looking forward to a healthy and happy life. Have not taken any of my diabetic medications since I returned home. Had been on meds for 4 years prior.:tongue2:

My surgery is tomorrow:eek: I'm a little nervous but very excited!!! Had my "final meal" last night!! and it was a great one!! I'll keep you posted:drool:

Hi Pam-So glad to hear everything went well for you! I too am going to TJ for surgery, mine is on 9-21-09. I am so worried about my pre-op diet, I need to lose 14 lbs and so far I have only lost 5 lbs

:wub:. Who did your surgery? I will be seeing Dr Ortiz.

Hi! I just got home last night about 11:30pm ET so it was a very long day- we woke up at 6am PT and I had to go to the clinic for them to check my incisions one last time and then a driver took her back across the border to the SanDiego airport- took about 1hr 10 minutes. Then we had a 2.5 hr wait at the airport- then a 4hr 15 minut flight and then sat at the Atlanta airport waiting for a gate to free up for about 30 minutes - then had a 1.5 hr drive back home. But I had felt fine the entire day- until we were leaving the Atlanta airport and I was rolling my luggage - my shoulder gas pain kicked in and felt like I had a pinched nerve in my left shoulder and it has hurt some ever since. Otherwise, I feel fine- though still sore when I try to lie down or get back up. I had my surgery with Dr Pompa and was really nervous before I went but everything was just as explained and went very smoothly. So other than the fact that I wouldn't choose to spend a day traveling 3 days post-op - it was very easy.

Good luck to you next week!:tongue2:

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. My boys have been sick so I have been stuck in the house this weekend. Hope everyone's well. Keep up the great job!

Amanda- I hope your children are feeling better and that you don't catch it! My daughter went with me to MX for my surgery and we just got home late last night - but she went back to Athens,Ga where she lives and then called me this morning saying she had been up sick since 5am. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I didnt catch anything from her!

Good luck!

13 days post banding and down 21lbs. Feeling great. Had minor discomfort from the CO2 gas but now past that.Had my banding done in Mexico by a wonderful surgeon and could not have asked for a better experiance than what I had. Looking forward to a healthy and happy life. Have not taken any of my diabetic medications since I returned home. Had been on meds for 4 years prior.:wub:

That is wonderful news about your weight loss and your diabetic meds! Congratulations!:tongue2: