Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All September Samurai

How is everyone?

I go for a fluro fill tomorrow. I've not had one in a while. I did end up going back on metformin/glucophage (same name one generic one brand). Why??? My sugars were boarderline and that has always worked as an appetite suppressant for me. So we'll see. Then on the 16th (my surgiversary) I go for some blood work and a formal look at my band. My port is actually sticking out now. I've had one person even ask about it. Weird thing is I'm still in the upper 220's and low 230's depending on the day... week. etc. I fluctuate so bad!

Other than that we've been busy with summer activities, and getting 3 kids ready for school.

Teri

Well, I don't wish hard times on anyone BUT I'm happy to see I'm not tthe ONLY one struggling w/ the weightloss.

I went for a small fill last night & I feel good today.

Terri~ I hear ya w/ the 3 kids thing. I'm there right now too. In some ways I want school to start but in some ways it will make it more crazy! I only have one in full time & one doing preschool 2 days. My almost 3 yr old will be home still......OH JOY!!!! ;-p

Hi. How is everyone doing now? Why don't we start coming here at least a few times a month to check in? I really miss hearing from my fellow September Samurai!

Hello all ~ I cannot believe we are coming up on our 1 year anniversay. I am barely a Samuri, banded on Sept 30th, 2008. I am down 55 pounds now, wish it was more but it is something. I go for my year check in with my surgeon on Sept 17th and may ask for a small fill. His goal when I started this was 50 pounds down in a year. I am there, but would like to maybe go down 10 more pounds before I go in. Guess we will see.

Take Care~

Julie

50 pounds lost is a great feat. Since surgery I'm at 20 pounds lost... some days, most days it's more like 15. Not a great success... but I'd have definitely gained during this time.

Teri

I think we should all look at ourselves as successes. I cannot fathom how much weight I would have gained had I not gotten my band. I haven't lost as much weight as I would have liked, but I am still so proud of myself. I think we have all accomplished so much. We still have the potential for even more greatness!

Hi All ...

Been a while since i was here and i was contemplating some Plastic Surgeory in March so i logged to see how it is going ... I also had a plateau for few months and then my port needed to be readjusted but i do not mind that ... I m almost 68 lb below my weight last year ... Had i not done this i would have been claimed diabetic and hypertensive by now ,,, but during this year i stopped my hypertension medication ... I started buying clothes from regular places ... sometimes i go into Large and not XL ( I was XXL in big Shops) i wear sleevless and skirts ... I m happy Where i am ... I m not exercising as much as I should ...

For next year I think I should increase exercise and look at the quality of food ... no more fatty food...

I could not yet get into my sweet point... i had an unfill few days ag since i started having reflux and i think i m eating a lot now but I will see how it goes in two weeks and go for maybe a smaller fill this time ....

I m so happy for everyone ... it makes me feel i m part of a big successfull team and a very motivated one ...

Cheers

Loulou

Hi everyone. It's great to see so many familiar names. I've not been on LBT for quite awhile, so it's been wonderful to catch up on all my September bandmates. It's strange to see new September banders and realize they're '09s. Boy, in a lot of ways this year has flown by.

I've kind of lost count of the number fill I've had. I was religiously keeping track of the number and the amount of saline I was getting each time. I kind of freaked out for awhile because they could never pull out as much as they were putting in, and I haven't had real tight restriction, so I kept thinking...leak. My doctor kept assuring me I was doing great, and had no worries. Me, I worried..lol I lost steadily until a few months ago, and then I plateaued and gained back a few pounds. I didn't get all bent out of shape and defeated like I would have pre-band though...pats self on back. My problem was that I would feel good restriction for a short time after each fill, but it would go away after a couple of weeks. I got into the habit of snacking between meals. I had a pressure fill under fluoro a month ago (my doctor only does these with the Realize Band), and it showed that I was pretty much topped out, but that he could add a bit to bring my pressure up to somewhere in the 40s (I think that was the number, and I really don't know what that means as far as band fill tightness, but I do know that I have much more saline than the 9cc my band is supposed to hold). He said the band was in a good position, I was tight, but that he's had a few patients that needed that kind of tightness to feel proper restriction. Well, that was the magic fill for me. For the first time, I'm eating three 1/2 cup solid meals and one healthy snack and not getting hungry. I'm not having cravings, and I've been able to end the snacking cycle. My plateau has been kicked to the curb.

Even at this level of tightness, I can still eat just about anything without problems. It's amazing to me that people have trouble swallowing fluids with such a lessor amount of fill, but that just goes to show me that the band has to be tailored to each individual. I feel very fortunate not to have pb/sliming/acid reflux issues after reading some of the problems others have had. I've lost 50 lbs and would like to lose 30 more. However, I'm thrilled at where I'm at now. I feel great. I'm active again. I feel normal.

Edited by kiz

Hi as everyone else I have not posted in quite sometime, I guess life just gets in the way. My weight loss has been VERY SLOW, down 27 lbs. I try try to remain positive it is less than I would be without surgery. Size 14 not to bad. Keep up the good work.

:cursing:Does anyone seem to not be losing weight but losing inches. I am a very slow loser 27lbs in a year I try to remain positive BUT!!! You all are doing so well. I am fitting into a 16 and some 14's so that is a good thing. I just want the scale to move as well. I did weigh today and I am finally out of the 200's, 199 I am happy for that milestone. My body is just holding on for dear life.:mad:

Wow! It's strange that I have been stuck between about the Same number's too since MARCH :hurray:!!!! I know I have been messing around & not eating right.

STORY OF MY LIFE~:blush::mad:!!! I am trying to get back on track now & have been working out again :hurray:. ONE DAY AT A TIME!! :blush2:

Today I go to see my Doc. I will ask for a small fill. The last fill I had about 6week ago was too tight & she removed the whole fill:frown: .

I haven't had a fill since DEC 22nd!!!! Maybe she can just give me 1/2 of what she gave me last time. I think I could have handled it but I was not used to eating SOOOOOO SLOW. I have to grin & bare it.

Going to go weigh myself..........will it be 182, 181, OR 179.8 ?????:sad:

Well, I'm quoting myself because I have some news to share.

FINALLY, the scale moved FOUR POUNDS!!! I have been measuring my food & walking again. :smile: I tried measuring a 1/2 cup solid Protein w/ salad or cooked veggies. I have been eating lots of chicken salad, tuna, hamburg. :)

Well, I'm quoting myself because I have some news to share.

FINALLY, the scale moved FOUR POUNDS!!! I have been measuring my food & walking again. :mad: I tried measuring a 1/2 cup solid Protein w/ salad or cooked veggies. I have been eating lots of chicken salad, tuna, hamburg. :sad:

Way to go!

Way to go!

I'm back to walking almost daily. With one twin in preschool yesterday, the other and I went for a 3 mile walk. I felt so tired afterwards. After a half an hour, I got a burst of energy, just in time to take Michael to get Matthew. :w00t:

Teri

WOW a year! So much has happened to me the last year. I separated from my husband because I just couldn't cope with his meanness any more and he stepped up and is really trying and making positive changes so we're back together again. I found out that I am still ADHD, I was diagnosed as a child but I just thought it was something you grow out of and it is a huge relief to know this as now I can take action.

I was down to around 55kg but have been on holidays the last 2 weeks, so I think i've put on a bit, but it will come off again.

The last year for me has been full of positive change and I know there is more to come. I have also booked myself a 2 month holiday next year to India because I deserve it.

This lapband has been more like a lobotomy.

HAPPY LAPBAND BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!!

I'm still around. Like some of you I've plateau'd for a few months. I hit my 50 lb mark but then gained a few pounds back over summer. I refuse to change my ticker... LOL..I just can't do it! Now that the kids are back in school I'm going to the gym again and determined to hit 50lbs loss again. And then 60.. and 70. I love my lapband, but it is definitely harder than I had anticipated. I get so tired of always making sure I get enough protein.. and I admit I miss bread!! not all the time, but a nice warm crusty French bread sounds so heavenly at times.

Happy Bandiversary Samurai's....

I am 4 days shy of my one year and I'm right around 75 lbs lost so far. If you hit a plateau, I highly suggest the no sugar, high Protein liver flush. If you do this for 7-10 days...you will lose a ton and it stays off.

Your liver stores up a ton of fat when you eat badly and cutting out sugar burns it out of there first which gets all your other systems back in check.

My doctor recommended this prior to surgery and any time I hit a plateau and it works. Stay away from anything with sugar in it and you will be AMAZED!

I stick to no sugar meats, eggs, cheese, Atkins products and stay under 50-75 carbs a day for at least 7 days. Plenty of Water too and teas.

Oh, and don't forget a ton of veggies and whatever flavoring you want except anything with sugar in it. Fiber helps the flush in any way you can get it. Aim for 35 grams a day.

Edited by Cassy
added to it