Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All September Samurai

I feel normal again. As always, you all write and I find my thought, my fears, my problems. It is nice to be with those who know, really know, what I am feeling and experiencing. Maybe we NEED to stay in touch to KEEP in touch, with our bodies and our minds.

I have been on the longest plateau. I have been within 4 pounds for months. I just lost a pound and was so glad. But, I have to admit, even though the number is still large, 178, I am not unhappy with me. So I think in a way my "brain" has affected my body too. I have always said it was my health so the number doesn't bother me that much. Actually, not having to buy new clothes again has been a blessing.

I still have trouble. Afternoons and/or "mindless eating", can cause pain which is always followed by sliming. I remember when I first started I needed someone to graphicly explaine Sliming and PBing. Don't need those graphics anymore. Anyway it is the "mindless" that gets me into trouble. Before I know it, too fast, too large, too much. I am learning, they are less frequent, but it still pisses me off that I was stupid for that one moment.

I too miss bread. I am back to very low carbs, only oatmeal that one that has extra Fiber. As I have discussed before, I have developed food alergies so I have given up most everything. My stomach distress (gas):scared2: keeps me on the straight and narrow. I had subsituted Cereal for some things I miss, but found I could not control my portions and I found I was eating Cereal every meal. So, no cereal for me. Loved that chocolate shreaded wheat. I miss Dairy, no pudding, cottage cheese, or chocolate. Even tried Almond Milk, but that gives me problems too. So, Rice Milk for me, and I have yet to find rice milk pudding - sounds gross anyway.

My insurance changed so I have no idea what I will do for follow up and fills. I called a Dr in my Medical IPA and was told they only do fills on bands they install. I am so distressed. I went for my last visit, my insurance let me have one. Made my appointment, faxed copies of my card. Show up on the day I was told, early of course, THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHY I WAS THERE. THEY DIDN'T SHOW I HAD AN APPOINTMENT. :( So no one year visit for me. I guess if something happens I get to go to the emergency room and pray they know what a lap band is. :thumbup:

But I miss all of you and after reading all your posts I know that I need, I have to stay in touch. I need you. I can't do this alone.

Take care - thanks for being there. Debbie

Good to hear from you again. Been a while. I'm still stuck weight wise. I've refused to step on a scale for a week, maybe longer.

I got into a disagreement with my pa (the one that I adored), and am not even sure if I will keep my appt next week. Not sure it's worth it.

That mindless eating is what gets to me still. Or eating to fast. I don't know why that's such an issue for me. I also am finding I"m taking bigger bites.

Sunday I'm walking in a 2 mile stroll for the children's miracle network. Brandon (my oldest) is walking too. The twins will ride in strollers and a wagon. Brandon gets the heavier one, I get the lighter one, but his stroller is Major heavy.

The twins aren't both in school YET. Michael was to have started today, but they never looked thru his hemophilia information. So my life is still on hold.

Teri

Today is my 1 year bandiversary and I could not be happier. I love my band!!!! :tongue: Down almost 70#. I've gone from a tight XXL to anything from a 12-16 depending on the item and manufacturer. I've also found goodwill to be my new favorite store. I've probably spent more on clothes in the last year than in the last 5. :thumbup:

Had my 1 year check up yesterday and had the dr take out .3cc because I had been having swallowing problems. Also, my mind can't seem to accept eating only 1/2 cup at a time. I figure, if I have to watch what I eat more closely and make sure my exercise stays a priority I should be able to control my weight. I am finding it's getting too easy to mindlessly snack on junk food at work. :( At home it's not such a problem, as I just don't buy it any more.

I've had to cut back on exercise for several weeks because of knee problems but am feeling like if I take it slowly I can start working harder again. Unbelieveably I missed the exercise!!! :scared2:

My 33 yr old son is doing his liquid diet this week in preparation for surgery on Tuesday, October 6. Please pray for him that he does well, both with the surgery and managing his life after the band. This is a last chance thing for him. His weight has been a major problem and has kept him from living life as he should.

Keep up the good work everyone and keep in touch!

Happy Bandiversary to all of us! The Samurai have officially all reached a year! I know that we have all had some struggles, but just think of where we would have been had we not gotten our bands??? Congrats to everyone for every pound that you have fought to lose. Large amounts or small, these are all pounds down instead of pounds gained. I am no longer dreading what the years may bring. Diabeties is no longer the top concern for me. I am now working on my blood pressure. I think they will wean me off my last daily prescription medication with my next PCP appointment. The doctor actually wanted to do it at my last appointment, but my PCP was out of the office and she didn't want to overstep. We shall see how that goes. Who would have thought that I would go from spending hundreds on monthly prescriptions for blood pressure and high blood sugar, to no longer wearing a CPAP and able to climb stairs without feeling like I was about die! We can do this! We are moving forward! This is such an exciting time.

Great job everyone!

Simone-I will be praying for your son.