Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi- I'm new to the site but have been banded for 5 years

Hi all:

I am new to this site but have been banded for 5 years and have lost 250 lbs- I would still like to take 25 more off, but not sure if it will ever happen. Still not used to my new body- afraid it will just blow back up one day. I work out regularly, watch what I eat and am starting to have some issues with snacking so I force myself to go back to basics and start journaling.

I'd b happy and available to mentor anyone who is just strating out or who is having problems..just let meknow...:tongue2:

Sandi, What a timely post! I've lost 71 and have 63 to go. I've been stuck for the first time for abouat three weeks. Your post reminds me that if I keep on doing what I'm supposed to the scale WILL move.

I'd love to chat with you back channel sometime!

Cathy

parr0thd51@aol.com

(that's the number zero in my screen name, not the letter "oh").

Sandi, congratulations on your fantastic accomplishment. Tell us more about yourself. Where did you have your surgery done? Do you still have to go in for adjustments? What type of lap band problems have you encountered and resolved in the past 5 years?

Hi all:

I am new to this site but have been banded for 5 years and have lost 250 lbs- I would still like to take 25 more off, but not sure if it will ever happen. Still not used to my new body- afraid it will just blow back up one day. I work out regularly, watch what I eat and am starting to have some issues with snacking so I force myself to go back to basics and start journaling.

I'd b happy and available to mentor anyone who is just strating out or who is having problems..just let meknow...:crying:[Hi Sandi, I would love to have a mentor - I am being banded on 8-24-09, I'm happy but excited and scared (of failure once again!) Give it to me straight , is the surgery painful , did you have trouble with the adjustment to the new eating patterns, you seem to be doing FANTASTIC. I have about 100 lbs to loose, I had a long time with my 1st dr. visit and I have to see the dr. and nutrishionist again next week , but hope that they are going to be working with me enough afterwards - anything you can share would help!:wink:]

i may look you p sandi i am going for my first office visit since seminar last week i will be going on the 13th and from what i hear its a little process and i get very anxiouse at times don't like too wait but who does hope we can talk 1 day seeya soon

art:thumbup:

23_5_133.gif Way to go, Sandi!

Since lapband is a relatively new proceedure here in the US, it is so nice to hear a success story from someone who has been banded for 5 years.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

Sandi-

Hi! It's nice to meet a veteran lapbander. I had mine put in in August 2006...kept up on the postings for about a year then dropped out. Still have my band and have maintained a 67-68 pound wt. loss (okay, so it's not what some have lost). Feeling discouraged after meeting with the nurse who focused on the last 22 pounds I need to loose...:lol: We are so hard on ourselves aren't we?

Anyway, I was rummaging around on the site tonight thinking I need to get refocused and find some other old timers...then found your posting.

Nice to see you are doing so well so many years out.!

Lisa

well I been banded for a year and have only lost 30 pounds and feel like a failure and would love to have any help ..suggestions ...anything.

b4 band I exercised but had problems with eating.. I find that when i do exercise now I gain rather than loose and very frustrated...I know I should have been eating more calories..I tell i cant eat what i used too and have not exercised lately..(too busy) I feel like I am just ranting and raving and not really making any sense..sorry. If you could tell me what you ate when you first had the band and your ideas on what i could do to lose some weight i would reallllllyyyy appreciate it...

Gotbandedo8,

Can you go for another fill or two? It's impossible for me to overeat! I just can't hold the food. Could that be your problem? Exercise is always a challenge but the recumbent bike has worked well for me and my bad knees!

Glad to see someone that has not had complications and needed the band removed. Please give as many tips and info as you can. We're all eager to hear success stories!

i dont feel like I need a fill..I just need to exercise...but even when I exercise I seem to gain weight still...I mean really how fast can you gain muscle? Just very frustrated. Some how this will work out i know but wish it will happen sooner.

i dont feel like I need a fill..I just need to exercise...but even when I exercise I seem to gain weight still...I mean really how fast can you gain muscle? Just very frustrated. Some how this will work out i know but wish it will happen sooner.

I am 61 years young. For me this was like my last resort! I cannot eat any type of bread, can you? If you are eating breads without a problem, my guess is that you are not tight enough. I now have 7 cc's of Fluid. I went on a cruise to Alaska last month and my wonderful Dr. Richard (Obesity Solutions, Gainesville, GA "Center of Excellence") removed 2 cc's so that I could eat more comfortably, travel easily and try the wonderful food provided. I only had a problem 3 times in 9 days. I ate quite a bit of food! I also had martini's, wine, and every other tropical drink that you could think of! LOL I still had a restriction of 5 cc's. I think that you are being way too hard on yourself. If you can't talk to the dr. you have now find a Center of Excellence dr. to talk to. I also drink wine in the evenings before and with dinner. I have lost 51 pounds as of today. Please keep in touch...I know that you can do it!

I am 61 years young. For me this was like my last resort! I cannot eat any type of bread, can you? If you are eating breads without a problem, my guess is that you are not tight enough. I now have 7 cc's of Fluid. I went on a cruise to Alaska last month and my wonderful Dr. Richard (Obesity Solutions, Gainesville, GA "Center of Excellence") removed 2 cc's so that I could eat more comfortably, travel easily and try the wonderful food provided. I only had a problem 3 times in 9 days. I ate quite a bit of food! I also had martini's, wine, and every other tropical drink that you could think of! LOL I still had a restriction of 5 cc's. I think that you are being way too hard on yourself. If you can't talk to the dr. you have now find a Center of Excellence dr. to talk to. I also drink wine in the evenings before and with dinner. I have lost 51 pounds as of today. Please keep in touch...I know that you can do it!

Also, believe me when I say I have not tried to kill myself with exercise! 10 mnutes on the bike 3 or 4 times a week....usually! Sometimes less!

If you are eating breads without a problem, my guess is that you are not tight enough.

I do not believe that this is true. The intention is that you should be able to eat anything. Yes some have problems but not everyone - you have to be careful to not be too tight.

My surgery was done by Dr. Helmuth Billy in Ventura CA- he is THE BEST! The only problem I had was that I replaced my regular port with a low profile port because the port was interfering when I would be gardening- but I did this when I had my lower body lift.... have not had an adjustment in about a year- actually I did not have my first adjustment for a year after I was banded. It has been an incredible journey.