Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

Hi!

I am a slow loser by your definition. I have been banded for 2 years and have lost 40 pounds. I have absolutely no regrets for having the surgery. There has been no diet or diet club that I have ever belonged to that I have lost 40 pounds! Nothing has worked for me like the lapband has. I have only had 3 fills. I just called for an appointment to get another one.

I agree, "It's not a race! It's not a race!"

Dorothy in Cohasset, MN

I was so excited to see there are other slow losers out there. I have lost a whopping 20-30 pounds since surgery a year ago on the 1st. I didn't have my first fill until Dec 06. I really don't know what my weight was at surgery as they didn't weigh me. Anyway, I know a majority of it is my motivation level and the fact I have to drive 4 hours to get a fill. I sometimes am very embarassed at the fact people know I have been banded for a year and they see me expecting to see some results. I need to get on it and am looking for some support.

I was so excited to see there are other slow losers out there. I have lost a whopping 20-30 pounds since surgery a year ago on the 1st. I didn't have my first fill until Dec 06. I really don't know what my weight was at surgery as they didn't weigh me. Anyway, I know a majority of it is my motivation level and the fact I have to drive 4 hours to get a fill. I sometimes am very embarassed at the fact people know I have been banded for a year and they see me expecting to see some results. I need to get on it and am looking for some support.

Remember its the turtle that won the race. We may not lose fast, but at least we haven't gain 30 to 40lbs either. I know that I should excerise more but I have never be into excerise. I would rather do more things, like yard work, paint a room, or read a book. I have never like to run and with my knees that is now impossible, but I do like to walk if I had someone to walk with. Just be thankful that we are on the down side of our weight not the upside. Slow be sure win everytime

carol

yeah, you are absolutley right!! I just get a bit frustrated sometimes. It is a whole lot easier to excercise with a buddy. I need to get on that too.

I know exactly how you feel. I don't know if I was expecting a magical fix or what, but Banding has not been it for me.

I know my problem is I have a very slow metabolism. I had a resting

metabolic test taken and it said I need to eat 1,000 calories per day

to lose weight. What's frustrating is that I stick to 1,000 calories

all the time, exercise 6 days a week, and a month will go by and I don't lose. I hate my body

It is so frustrating especially when a couple others I know have done so well (I try to tell myself that they are men and lose easier) wishful thinking I suppose. I know I am not a fanatic about what I have to do....but its not like I don't put the effort into it either

Part of it is my fault because I have lost motivation and don't excercise 6 days a week, but I will get blood work done to see if there is a thyroid issue or something else. I suppose we just have to use it to our best advantage. I suppose comparing our results to others is not helpful for out self esteem. As you probably thought, as I did, I wouldn't have to deal with feeling this way for too much longer. I guess I'm in for the long, long haul. I hope things get better for you in the months to come.

thanks so much denise. I will heed the advice. I am home now, and want to get back on track! Proteins for me. I have heard that before though, that proteins give you a sense of satisfaction of filling!

Really do get the Thyroid checked. I have hypo thyroid and it can REALLY affect your weight loss/gain, Hair loss, nails, sleeplessness, fatigue, etc. But, with medication it can be easily cared for.

Hello,

I had my lap band done 2/28/07, have lost only 15# since and trying not to get discouraged. Reading through the forums here has really helped me not to lose faith. I have had 2 fills and trying to decide on getting another one. I am down 1# over the past month but also have not exercised regularly. At my local support group which is gastric bypass and lapband it is hard to get information pertaining just to lap band. No one could really me to what I should be feeling, what resriction feels like. My hair falling out has slowed down as I have tried to increase my Protein. I have been trying to find and force myself to use Protein Drinks. Thank you all for being here and sharing your journey with me.

Banded 2/28/07

321 presurgery/301 @ surgery/286/goal 170

Dr. Pennings Idaho

I was banded on 4/18/07 & lost only 9-10lbs. My band has 3cc at present & I don't have much restriciton. My old sweet cravings & desire to binge eat is still there. Could something be wrong or will it get better with more fills?

I was banded on 4/18/07 & lost only 9-10lbs. My band has 3cc at present & I don't have much restriciton. My old sweet cravings & desire to binge eat is still there. Could something be wrong or will it get better with more fills?

I am not sure if you started with a lower BMI like I did, but if so be happy!!!! I lost around 30 pounds in 1 year:angry

I learn no to compare with others and realized that takes 3 to 4 fills to get the right one, however the sweets , ice cream, etc craving never left me and I have to drink Water and eat lots of Proteins to calm down.

Hope it helps

crazycibertalk

Dr. Kuri

4/20/06

225/197/160

that is my problem too. i still want the sweets and other cravings! I am going to eat more Proteins to see if it helps. I know the more I stay away from it, the more i don't want it. Good Luck fellow bandster!

I hope you will count me in. I was banded on September 06 and have lost 40 lbs so far. I lost 31 pounds before the surgery. I thought the weight loss would be quicker. Sometimes I don't lose anything for 3 weeks.

:help:

I am not sure if you started with a lower BMI like I did, but if so be happy!!!! I lost around 30 pounds in 1 year:angry

I learn no to compare with others and realized that takes 3 to 4 fills to get the right one, however the sweets , ice cream, etc craving never left me and I have to drink Water and eat lots of Proteins to calm down.

Hope it helps

crazycibertalk

Dr. Kuri

4/20/06

225/197/160

What kind of protien do you eat to calm down. Just wondering if cheese, turkey or just what?