Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

I forgot to mention. I have a 2.6 fill my last fill was a month ago and I have not lost anything with this fill. I do have restriction I know that.

Well Jack, I think we can agree to disagree... I know for myself that I emotionally eat... It was my "Comfort" in the past. It's what I struggle with and have to overcome.... I was successful "THIS TIME" and I did not turn to food to comfort me in my frustration... I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes to let out my frustration with my fill not working and my gaining 10lbs back. I do agree with your ideas of emotional conditions related to food... I completely disagree with your idea that there is no such thing as "food for comfort". It may only be a temporary feeling of satisfaction from eating for comfort, but it does exist. Its just not a positive way to live or even deal with negative emotions.

I sit at 200lbs and stay right here as i cant afford to get another fill as the 100.00 is the new amount to pay at the surgery center as dr. Speigel has stopped fillings at his office make life all stopped for people who cant pay 100.00............stacey

247/200/150

2.0cc fill

I am three years out from my surgery and cannot seem to get headed in the right direction(down) I have lost between 90 and 100 lbs but have been unable to go any further. My restriction is good. I don't know if I am too tight and keep getting caught in the ice cream, chocolate binges because it is so hard to eat real food. or if I am just using this as an excuse, I was think ing of joining weight watchers to see if that would help, Has anyone use ww since banding????:omg:

I was banded on Feb 20. At that time I had lost 19 presurgery pounds. I lost 9 lbs the first month and now I struggling to remain, never mind lose more weight. I've had 2 fills but I still can eat anything that I want. I know that the second fill did a little more restricting but I am still hungry. I been under much stress at work and working up to 70 hours some weeks, so my exercise has gone down the tubes. That is coming to an end and I will be back to my normal 50hours at work. I am trying to build in my exercise time and I am trying not to be discouraged. But it's hard. I am grateful that I didn't put on the 10 lbs that I usually gain during this crunch time of the year at work. I guess my major question is why does it seem more difficult now to lose weight than before the banding? Should I join weight watchers? I am just one of the turtles who will win but very slowly?

I was banded on Feb 20. At that time I had lost 19 presurgery pounds. I lost 9 lbs the first month and now I struggling to remain, never mind lose more weight. I've had 2 fills but I still can eat anything that I want. I know that the second fill did a little more restricting but I am still hungry. I been under much stress at work and working up to 70 hours some weeks, so my exercise has gone down the tubes. That is coming to an end and I will be back to my normal 50hours at work. I am trying to build in my exercise time and I am trying not to be discouraged. But it's hard. I am grateful that I didn't put on the 10 lbs that I usually gain during this crunch time of the year at work. I guess my major question is why does it seem more difficult now to lose weight than before the banding? Should I join weight watchers? I am just one of the turtles who will win but very slowly?

Brenda,

I think that our expectations are so much higher with the band, we sorta of expect the weight to just fall off, but it doesn't, so I have to keep telling my self that the same effort is necessary as before, I just have limited amount damage I can do at a time, the right choices of food is the most important, and hardest thing to achieve.

Hang in there I am considering WW as well, I think they may get me back on track.

Brenda,

I think that our expectations are so much higher with the band, we sorta of expect the weight to just fall off, but it doesn't, so I have to keep telling my self that the same effort is necessary as before, I just have limited amount damage I can do at a time, the right choices of food is the most important, and hardest thing to achieve.

Hang in there I am considering WW as well, I think they may get me back on track.

I still don't understand why we don't lose if we did before the banding? I don't want to lose 4 or 5 lbs weekly but 1/2 pound or 1 lb would be nice.

Branded Brenda,

I don't know why you are not losing, are you still doing the things you were doing (when you were losing) before the band??

It took several fills for me to get restriction, maybe when you get another fill it will help.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Trishey32 just wanted to let you know that i go to local library and get audio books it is a wonderful way to pass the time on a piece of excrise eq. I listen to at least one tape or cd every work out which is about 1 hr. It is amazing how it helps the time go bye. Give that a try and see if it doesn't help you on the bike.

I am reading and try to learn about this. I am only considering getting banded. Why would it be 8 months after your surgery and you have had no fills yet??? I thought they ask you to wait 6-8 weeks, so why 8+ months? This seems like a strange thing. You spend $8,000-$20,000 to get banded, then you don't get a fill and you lose weight that slow. What is different about you than the others that get their fills in a few weeks..........

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I guess I am. I am trying to find out all of the good, the bad and the ugly of getting banded. Paying all of that money for the band and not getting any fills and losing only 30 pounds in 8 months is definitely the ugly of this. Please explain this to me.

Who banded you and why won't they fill you?

This is just down right discouraging. It is going to take a lot of sacrifice for me to get banded......................

wild_97

Hi all. Wow! There are a lot of new people in here! I didn't recognize half the names. That is my fault, I'm sure, I guess it has been 4 - 6 weeks since I've logged on. Update: Me and baby sis have been hitting the gym 3-5 times a week, 1 hour cardio followed by weights. Results? Nope. My weight is still at 247, clothes fit the same. I've been going to the gym for a year, I just bumped it up a notch so I don't think its muscle gain either.

I go see my fill doc next week. I'm not looking forward to it since I haven't lost a pound in the 3 months since he's seen me. I'm very discouraged. My depression has gotten bad enough that yesterday all I ate was icecream, Cookies, and Pasta. I know I'm self-medicating, but today I'm beating myself up for it. This is also the reason I've been absent: encouragement will only help me so much, and my weight loss is very discouraging to others.

Hi, Kryssa and All,

I have been reluctant to post and had even quit visiting the site because I would feel so down while reading about everyone else's successes. I remember being one of those people and I can't believe that less than a year out and my expectations have been so shattered. It's my fault, not the band's.

I guess that all the reasons that I overate in the first place are still there and until I resolve those or learn to cope with them in a dfferent way, I will continue to have problems.

I have an appt with my Dr., not the usual person who does the fills on 7/20 (my anniversary and end of free fills). I'm anticipating a sermon of all the things I already know. But I am going to ask him to close this puppy up as much as possible!

The last fill I had at the beginning of the month felt like they reduced the amt in the band.

Kryssa, when you say that your posting is discouraging to other members, I don't think that is true. Now if you were posting to one of the thread where everyone is just getting their band or doing great, maybe so. then again, it doesn't hurt for people to know that this is not the Holy Grail of weight loss. You are posting on a thread for slow losers, so I don't think you are discouraging anyone.

Colleen

Who lost 50 in 2 months? and HOW??? I have fallen behind- 20 pounds in 3 months but gain and lose the same few lately.

nancy M

quote=live2canoe]Road Queen -

I am very sorry, but ;-) I do not believe you qualify for our secret little society ;-)

You have lost 30 pounds in 4 months (wow!) and are clearly NOT a slow loser.

You may reapply at a later date if you meet our very strict criteria.

Keep up the great work!

So I am approaching 2 years out (Sunday), and figured I would update. My first year I lost 50 lbs, my 2nd year I've lost 15 lbs. I'm 5 lbs from being halfway from goal. Some days I feel like I want to do a hardcore crash diet, which I haven't done, because I know it's not wise. I try and count my calories but it gets depressing when you aren't seeing results.

I've had some blood tests taken for liver function and things related to the gall bladder because I've had pain in that area for some time now. I went back to the doctor because the pain got worse, and now I'm gonna ride her about it until it goes away.

I'm also in counceling with the hopes that if I can figure out what is wrong in my head, the weight loss will follow. I would really like to lose more weight before I get married next year.

Anywho, keep on chuggin' turtles. And always keep Vinesqueen in mind if you get frustrated. There should always be an answer somewhere, so if you feel like you are doing everything right and it's not working, start buggin' your doctor!

Hi Sarah - I'm just a couple of months away from my two year mark. The most I've lost is 40 pounds, so you're ahead of me! And truth be told, I've put back on at least 5 of those pounds. I've steered clear of the scale for quite a while now, since it serves no purpose except to depress me.

I'm not doing the things I really need to do to lose weight. My band keeps me from totally going backwards, but she and I are definitely at a standstill.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Concentrate on that, instead of the silly scale. It's much more fun and has more meaning, anyway.

Good Luck!