Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers - Unite!

WEll..........I guess I fit right into this club!! Coming up to my one year mark since my sugery and have only lost 45 pounds. I admire everyone who has lost so much weight from this surgery and I get so down on why I can't! But then I know why.......I can't stop eating sweets and all the bad foods. I can't get down any meat at all and throw up so much. So I just end up eating DQ and candy. Funny how that crap goes down so easily! I have no willpower, my cravings have not changed one bit and I do not get to feeling full after I eat. Just finished off a big bag of M&M's....and am not full :) I'm feeling like such a loser......and not the good kind!!!!!

I have free fills for 2 years after my surgery, but I'm just not sure if I should wait??? I have had one 2 fills I am at 2.2 cc. I was told to try to do it with a little amount of fills as possible?

I know I belong to this club -it has been a year ago this week and only down 40lbs- and have never been so depressed don't know what to do - WHAT am i doing wrong - exercise 3x's a week at Curves -have had two fills (have a vg band) but just so discourage don't know what to do....... need major help - for the way I fill - feel I am doing something wrong which makes me more depressed -to go back at end of May and feel Dr will be upset - he wasn't at the end of FeB. but what could he say -does anyone have any suggestions - as to what to do -

VOtt, from what many recommend, try to get by with as few fills as possible.

The point of the band is not restriction, it is weight loss. I don't know what your stats are, or how long you've been banded, so I don't know that I can offer anything that is meaningful.

Wendy, it sounds like you are too tight. If you cannot eat what you are supposed to eat, you are too tight. Of course you start eating crap when that is all you can eat. Ice cream goes down all to well, and it is a comfort food as well. The sugars and fat have an effect on us, and we really do feel a lift when we eat it. We might feel like crap after eating it for a varitety of reasons, but we feel good when we are doing it. Please schedule an unfill, and get yourself back on track.

Tippytoes, trust me when I say I understand. I want you to understand that this is not your fault. You are doing everything you can think of and you are not seeing the restults you have every right to expect and demand.

And if your doc is upset, well too effin' bad for him. You are doing what you need to do, so it's his turn to step up to the plate. Start pushing for answers. It might be a metabolic issue, it might be your thyroid or something else. If your doctors push back, then you push back harder. It is NOT normal to work as hard as we do for no results.

No, you can't kick me out (lol) of the slow loser's club. But I am finally actually losing weight. For the first 22 weeks after surgery, I lost 1/2 lb per week in fits and starts. :faint:In the last 3 weeks I have lost 5 lbs!!!!!! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: I honestly don't know if it is the latest fill or the new meds the doc put me on, but you know what? I don't care! :D :D :D

WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :D WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot: WOOT!!!! :woot:

Congrats Kryssa!

I started taking Welbutrin about 3 weeks ago, and I seem to have lost 4 lbs. It got to 6, but bounced back up 2. We'll see if it's 'real'. I've lost down to 220 3 or 4 times now only to have it go back to 225 again.

I hadn't considered it might be the wellbutrin. I've been on it for 3 months. I think the weight loss would have started sooner, but you never know. I've gained a pound in the last couple days but I think its Water related; my rings are tight instead of loose. Thanks for the well wishes.

let me in let me in.....I was banded june 6 2005 and I have only lost 47lbs since then. I lost 9lbs before my banding but I don't know if I can cout them? I really wanted to be to 200 by my aniversry I have 15lbs to go and holding.boo hiss;)

Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant that is not supposed to effect your weight (many anti-depressants cause weight gain) or your sex drive (I know fron experience that Zoloft results in ZERO interest in sex). I've been depressed before, but the 1/2 lb a week I was managing to lose after $16000 worth of surgery threw me back into the black pit of despair. It's better now (3 mo. and an increased dosage later) but I'm still not normal yet. <sigh>

This is my fiirst time on this site Dr. Jay banded me back in September. I've lost 25lbs. and holding.

I've even started riding a bike to work. The frustration thing is I'm just stuck here!

I'm afraid to get another fill because I'm still having tropuble with spitting up.

HELP!!!! Don't want to be stuck a 245 for the rest of my life.

mkpurselley

slow response, but Anillacookie, 47 lbs since June is really good. The target is 1 to 2 lbs per week, and you are right about in the middle of that. :confused:

mkpurselley, If you are having trouble eating, you may need an UNFILL. Are you eating soft stuff/liquid stuff all the time?? You may be getting in more calories than you think you are that way. If you get a tiny unfill, and are able to eat solid meals, you might start losing pounds again. Though I can't say any of that for sure without knowing what your eating habits are like :eek:.

As for me, I lost 5 lbs and kept it off for the month of April. Today the scale was down another pound and a half or so (analog), so we'll see if I'm still losing. I don't trust 'losses' on the scale, because it bounces around so much for me. I'm afraid to get my hopes up!!

hi - I'm definitely at home here - have only lost about 10lbs since banding in november of 2005! Really that's since my fill in January. I do think I may need another but I still pb and can't imagine being tighter. I'm on vacation now with no scale and eating out a lot but trying to keep it together. I am frustrated although I try to stay positive. I'm living for the day i get 20 off as maybe someone with notice and i can fit into about 100 outfits. Now I'm squeezin into 2 pairs of pants every day and I hope this is all worth it.