Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Well i went to weigh in today on the sixth day instead of tomorrow because i ll be away from my local WW. I did good this week losing 2.6 lbs. which I'd be happy with everyweek but it s not what I expect because I don't want to be disappointed. I cannot do the amount of points allowed ( 34) but I lowered my points to approx. 20 pts,I believe that is as close as I can get to 1200 calories. I track on weight watchers as well as on Fitday.com,I would love 2 1/2 pounds a week but any loss is considered an accomplishment. Good luck to all.

Jumped on my scale and again different weights and different places...driving me nuts.......so when I see my allergist on Columbus day .... will use that

ugh.....frustrated.....

Thanks LilMissDiva...I guess .6 per week will add up! I am not discouraged like i was after week 2. I feel a lot more hopeful. And yes, we must must must journal! I think it helps a lot.

GetFit - great week! - keep up the good work. Just dont be like me and get discouraged if next week is low.

jollygreen1955 - I have that same problem with my scale...its weird..sometimes my home scale weighs me higher than WW and sometimes less. Very weird.

Everyone- one more thing I learned from the WW meetings...

sign up for hungrygirl.com daily emails (or just look at the website). They have lots of great low cal recipe and they profile a lot of low cal products.

Have a good week!!!

olive

getfit, I had to lower my daily points too. 31 per day plus the 35 per week was just too much. Even with all my workouts.

jolly, I think that happens to all of us! Ugh the dreaded scales. Though I'm looking forward to seeing how much I've lost since I've seen my surgeon last! I'll be sure to let you all know. :thumbup:

Olive you're doing wonderful! You should feel very hopeful! Thanks for the website, it sounds great!

China, your trip sounds so fun, now howcome I never seem to be able to get away and do that kinda stuff?

I really want to take a trip to LA and go to Disneyland next June. But I'm not going if I'm not in onederland, you can bet on it. I want to go on all the rides and fit comfortably. Most say I already would but you never know! I'd be super embarrassed otherwise.

Okay y'all. I'm dropping WW!!

LOL, well the website that is. I bought myself a WW point calculator. I really need to have that puppy with me everywhere I go. I can't think ahead so I end up blowing it when I go out or whatever. If I have that with me, tied to my hip then I really have no excuses right? I bought the more expensive one with the workout points and Water tally, etc. I hope to get it really soon because my Online WW expires on 11/4.

Take care everyone! Hang in!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been really struggling with counting points and sticking to the WW plan. I was obsessing about how many points I had left and thinking about food all day I was going to quit and felt really discouraged. While I was looking on the WW website I came across the filling points technique. You eat from the filling foods list, eat when hungry and stop when satisfied. This has been working better for me as I don't obsess about food as much. I am encouraged so far.

How is everyone doing? One step at a time...

hi everyone hows it going, sorry i have been m.i.a for the last few days but, i have alot on my mind right now things at home are really foul just learned by old man lost his job and having issues w/my oldest kid. i can deal with my kid but, the man losing his job is just a bit much. now im sitting here trying to see how i can pay for every thing until he gets another and i just dont see how. the store is doing ok but, our bills exceed what the store does. i have a cc but, dont want to really use that the intrest rate is kind of high, i feel mad with the world, yet everyone is going through it rite now. and i just have been eating what ever and i just dont give a damn at this point. i will get back on track in time just gotta get my head together. so here is what i eat today

b-nothing

l-12oz cof,sugar,cream and 1c ice cream

s-1c ice cream,2 pb cookie

d-ww creamy chix parm.

s-lg cof,cream,splenda

thanks for letting me vent it helps more than you know.:)

any motivation would be welcomed with open arms right now.:biggrin:

love china

Bella and China,

Just like both of you I have been struggling way more than I should too. This morning though, I am going to do the right thing. I can’t allow anymore time like this! I need to just get my Buns moving and finish this out!! I’ve allowed myself to stale at this weight for far too long. I know what I need to do, and I’m just going to do it!

I have the calculator coming any day now, and I have tubs of all different sizes, so in all honesty I really have no excuses. I just need to do it now. So starting right now I’m back to logging… 24 points per day max!!

China, I’m so sorry you’re going through that! So many of us are losing our jobs right now, and it is just miserable to have to deal with. I hope your husband can find a job again very soon, and yes – definitely avoid the CC’s for as long as you can. Then if you absolutely must use them, use them for only life/death needs, like food/water/utilities. CC’s are such an awful thing to accrue! I’m trying as hard as I can to dig myself out of the mess they create!!

Hey China and Diva,

I am glad you girls are checking in. We need a safe place to be able to vent.

China - I am sorry that your finances are taking a hit...that sucks! I am an emotional eater and therefore would be eating alot right now. However, after the icecream is gone, the pain is still there. It is hard to let go of coping strategies...I think I will always want to cope with food.< /p>

Diva - I am amazed with your perserverance. You never give up and are an ispiration to me.

I have been following the "simply filling technique" for four days. I like it better than counting points right now. When I am hungry, I eat from the filling foods and stop when I am satisfied. So far, so good. With points, I am constantly thinking about food and I eat when I am not hungry because I have points left. When I overeat, I want to eat more...then the cycle begins.

I don't think I will weigh weekly either. It stresses me out...maybe once a month instead. IDK, we'll see what happens.

Take care girls, have a peaceful week.

Awww Bella thanks for the vote of confidence. J Sometimes its nice to hear someone’s positive outlook on how we’re doing, even if we feel differently.

You know, I have really seriously considered the simply filling approach myself. I do find that counting points all day can get really frustrating. I do love salads so that fits right on in. I am thinking about taking that on.

Let me know how you do with that! I’d like to see if it’s worth the try.

Hi everyone,

I was posting (occasionally on another thread and asked if anyone was doing WW, China graciously directed me to this thread. So from now on I will be posting here!! Thanks China!!!)

I have not changed my weight tracker thingy because I am ashamed but this Sunday I was up to 191 so I decided to give WW a try, today I weighed myself and I am at 188!! I am very excited about WW + the band, I had tried WW before but it was hard to stay within my points, now with the band is easy!!! yay!!!

China, I'm sorry about your situation. It sucks. I know it is the last thing you want to hear right now but here it goes: things happen for a reason so maybe your husband will find a better job. At least that is what I wish for you. It is good to have a support group, I am happy you told me about this thread.

Yesterday

b- coffe w/milk WW2 60 cal

l- Smart One WW5 270 cal

starbucks coffee WW3 200 cal

s- cheese string WW1 60 cal

d- cheese sandwich WW3 120 cal

chicken whole grain noodle Soup WW2 120 cal

s- 3 pepperoni totinos pizza rolls WW2.5 110 cal

6 oz 2% milk WW2 100 cal

WW20.5

1040 cal

Monica, a warm welcome to you! I’m so glad you’ve found us. You will find we are a good bunch here, just trying to get through our struggles that seem to happen when the band’s honeymoon fades.

It sounds like you’re starting off great! I’m pretty much struggling to get back to logging. I’ve been feeling kinda like I want to move in other directions, but I think the WW concept as a whole is a great one. It’s all about health and making the right choices. This isn’t a diet, just a guideline! Some of us need a map to find the destination. I’m one of them. J

However I’m thinking I might need a very detailed map with some shortcuts! Lol J

So how is everyone else doing???

Hi Monica - Glad to have you onboard!

Diva - Do you have access to the online WW site? If so, read the section on "filling foods technique". It is band friendly as you stop eating when satisfied. When counting points, I would want to finish what I had in front of me. Points is a great technique, just not for me. Maybe that's the map you are looking for!

Diva and Bella,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am really hoping that WW and the band can finally do the trick, so far so good...we'll see how the weekend goes since that is the hardest time for me. I was born and raised in a 3rd world country and have a mentality that I must finish everything on the plate (including my kiddo's leftovers) so when I eat out I end up finishing the humongus portions they give you!! At home I try to serve myself only tiny portions and throw away my kids' leftovers as soon as they are done. Maybe I'll eat in during the weekends too!

Yesterday:

b-coffee w/milk WW2/60cal

l- smart one WW5/ 250 cal

s- WW yogurt WW1/ 100 cal

Salsa Sunchips WW4 / 210 cal

d- turkey/ff cheese sandwich WW3 / 150 cal

Progresso 0 point Soup WW0 / 120 cal

yogurt/blueberries/honey bunches of oats (1 cup) WW4 / 200 cal

WW 19

1095 cal

hey everyone hows it going, im doing alot better today. i guess i just needed some time to come up with a plan. well this was my breaking point was in dollar tree getting me candy and say an old friend of mine and she said you shopping for candy already(she meant halloween). i felt so ashame cuz it was all for me so i put it back and got me a turkey lunchable. trust me it was better than what i had. i stood there thinking what the hell am i doing to myself. im stronger than that. and monica you are so right every thing happens for a reason. if you fall you gotta get up and dusted myself off and just gotta move forward. i love this group. now this is the funny part while at the dr's i got on the scale and just knew i had gained nope in fact i lost 3lbs now how in the hell did that happen. in any case i sat down and made me out a menu for the wk and put it on the fridge with an old pic of me at my biggest. i may not set the world on fire but, i sure as hell am gonna try. im ready. i thought about how far i have came and all the wonderful people i met and this feels right. i wasnt happy that the old weight, so why would i do that to myself to bring it back. gotta learn new methods for when i get upset. well enough of me going on and on. just wanted everyone to know i was ok.:thumbup:

oh and thank you all for the support i really needed that.

and welcome monica glad to see you made it

10/09/09

b-2 sm grilled chix stripes, 8oz apple juice

s-nothing

l-a noodle Soup, 2sm grilled chix stripes

d-ww creamy chix parm

Hi everyone,

I was posting (occasionally on another thread and asked if anyone was doing WW, China graciously directed me to this thread. So from now on I will be posting here!! Thanks China!!!)

I have not changed my weight tracker thingy because I am ashamed but this Sunday I was up to 191 so I decided to give WW a try, today I weighed myself and I am at 188!! I am very excited about WW + the band, I had tried WW before but it was hard to stay within my points, now with the band is easy!!! yay!!!

China, I'm sorry about your situation. It sucks. I know it is the last thing you want to hear right now but here it goes: things happen for a reason so maybe your husband will find a better job. At least that is what I wish for you. It is good to have a support group, I am happy you told me about this thread.

Yesterday

b- coffe w/milk WW2 60 cal

l- Smart One WW5 270 cal

starbucks coffee WW3 200 cal

s- cheese string WW1 60 cal

d- cheese sandwich WW3 120 cal

chicken whole grain noodle soup WW2 120 cal

s- 3 pepperoni totinos pizza rolls WW2.5 110 cal

6 oz 2% milk WW2 100 cal

WW20.5

1040 cal

Went to WW meeting this morning and did well for the weigh in ,down 4.4 lbs for the week. I'm still confused about my restriction because some days I feel as if everything gets stuck and other days I can eat anything. I m not complaining as long as I keep losing but I can't understand the fickleness of my band. Some days I feel I need a slight unfill,other days I feel I need a slight restriction. Is this the sweet spot? Well anyhow good luck to all.