Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

hi everyone,

well between this thread and my weight watchers leader emailing me to find out where i was (she's a friend)....i went back to my meeting this morning (wasnt planning to do it till i lost the weight i gained...crazy right???)

well in the end i only gained back 2.4 lbs of the 6.8 i lost my first week. so i'm down 4.4 lbs.

i'm glad i did it. i was getting sloppy and needed to be held accountable. i usually disappear when i am "bad" (i know i hate those terms....)

nursemelly: congrats on hitting this milestone!!! you deserve a treat (spa appointment?, new jeans?....)

crzytchr: feel better. this flu seems to be getting closer and closer to us....that's funny about the thumbsucker...maybe now you will be immune....

lilmissdiva: thanks for link to 5 day pouch test. carbs are a killer....they should have a 12 step group for this...

carb-aholics!

jollygreen: do you have a recipe for the Soup you make?

get fit: sorry for what's been going on....the combination of WW and lapband seems to be a winning combination. the etool site has aot of good info on them too.

good luck ...

ok everyone have a great weekend....track, drink and move...these are my goals

josie

josiebies - Thanks for the encouragement, I do feel defeated after a bad weigh in. I have been eating everything for the last two days and not even tracking the points! (shame) I think I am back in control and will start over tomorrow(:

nurse melly - congrats on the milestone!

get fit - welcome!

scottishlassywsp - here is the recipe for the zero point mexican Soup :

Ingredients:

- 2 cups fresh green snap Beans, cut into bite-size pieces

- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced

- 2 small zucchini, cubed

- 1 cup tomatillos, chopped

- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped

- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes, Mexican-style preferred

- ½ medium poblano chili pepper

- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped

- 1 medium green pepper, chopped

- ½ tsp cumin

- 1 tsp fresh oregano

- 6 cups vegetable broth

- 2 roasted red peppers packed in Water

- 1 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (caution - these can be very spicy)

- ¾ tsp salt

- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice

- ½ cup fresh, chopped cilantro

Directions:

Put snap beans, garlic, zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, green chili pepper, onion, green pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable broth into a large soup pot. Puree roasted peppers with chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor, and add to soup; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Stir in salt, lime juice and cilantro. Serve and enjoy! Makes 12 servings.

Serving Size = 1 cup

Each Serving = 0 Weight Watchers Points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like to add a can of black beans to the recipe. I also like to top each bowl with a spoon of yogurt and some pumpkin seeds. Its not zero points anymore, but it is SUPER satisfying.

olive

josiebies - Thanks for the encouragement, I do feel defeated after a bad weigh in. I have been eating everything for the last two days and not even tracking the points! (shame) I think I am back in control and will start over tomorrow(:

nurse melly - congrats on the milestone!

get fit - welcome!

scottishlassywsp - here is the recipe for the zero point mexican Soup :

Ingredients:

- 2 cups fresh green snap Beans, cut into bite-size pieces

- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced

- 2 small zucchini, cubed

- 1 cup tomatillos, chopped

- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, finely chopped

- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes, Mexican-style preferred

- ½ medium poblano chili pepper

- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped

- 1 medium green pepper, chopped

- ½ tsp cumin

- 1 tsp fresh oregano

- 6 cups vegetable broth

- 2 roasted red peppers packed in Water

- 1 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (caution - these can be very spicy)

- ¾ tsp salt

- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice

- ½ cup fresh, chopped cilantro

Directions:

Put snap beans, garlic, zucchini, tomatillos, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, green chili pepper, onion, green pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable broth into a large soup pot. Puree roasted peppers with chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor, and add to soup; stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Stir in salt, lime juice and cilantro. Serve and enjoy! Makes 12 servings.

Serving Size = 1 cup

Each Serving = 0 Weight Watchers Points

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like to add a can of black beans to the recipe. I also like to top each bowl with a spoon of yogurt and some pumpkin seeds. Its not zero points anymore, but it is SUPER satisfying.

olive

Awesome thanks!!!! Zero points!! :smile2:

Received my free ww email and thought this was an interesting recipe Enjoy :(

WeightWatchers.com: Weight Watchers Recipe - Power Sticks

or

Snacks

POINTS® Value: 4

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 10 min

Cooking Time: 0 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Prepare these in triple batches and keep them in the freezer for up to eight weeks. They make power-packed breakfasts in a flash.

Ingredients

1/2 cup(s) chunky Peanut Butter

2/3 cup(s) corn flakes, crushed

3 Tbsp honey

1/3 cup(s) nonfat dry milk

Instructions

Knead ingredients together. Form into 6 sticks and wrap individually in wax paper. Store in an airtight container.

Received my free ww email and thought this was an interesting recipe Enjoy :thumbup:

WeightWatchers.com: Weight Watchers Recipe - Power Sticks

or

Snacks

POINTS® Value: 4

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 10 min

Cooking Time: 0 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Prepare these in triple batches and keep them in the freezer for up to eight weeks. They make power-packed breakfasts in a flash.

Ingredients

1/2 cup(s) chunky Peanut Butter

2/3 cup(s) corn flakes, crushed

3 Tbsp honey

1/3 cup(s) nonfat dry milk

Instructions

Knead ingredients together. Form into 6 sticks and wrap individually in wax paper. Store in an airtight container.

That sounds like a really great snack! Thanks for sharing. :tongue:

I actually have a recipe you all might like. It's like a bean Pasta salad. Might be a little problem with those who have issues with pasta, but really its healthy and low cals.

I got it out of a magazine so I'll have to type it out (eventually).

So hey, how's everyone doing? Been quiet in here! I miss you all! I know some of you left for Holiday, which is great... but hey not all of you I know! So get ur booties in here and posting! :(

I've actually done really well today so far. Here's what I've had:

Breakfast:

1 Cup oatmeal w/splenda and cinnamon... 3.5 Points

Lunch:

Lean Cuisine chicken alfredo... 6 Points

Snack:

Half Peach... .5 Pts.

12 Almonds... 2 Pts.

So, not bad eh? And for dinner I'm going to have some Reduced Fat Cheez its and a tuna Fish Sandwich!

That would only be another 9 Pts.

Totals: 21 - so I can have one tiny snack later of no more than 3 Points!! Yippee!! I think I'm back on track. :scared2:

Tonight is the Biggest Loser on NBC

a must see.. in my book... missed the first week last week saw it and this week will be week 3

:seeya::eek: I could never work that hard ... do pick up new tips and by the end of the season :thumbup: I am :scared2: not :w00t: but:crying: (crying) as I feel hopeful that I will one day be the biggest loser with my LAP-BAND® :tongue::(:w00t:

hi everyone

i am not in a good place....

still not back on plan. i'm having a hard time starting to track, staying on plan, etc.

it's so much easier to "stay on plan" then to "get on plan" after falling off.

tomorrow is my regular weight watchers day. i'm going to face the music again and weigh-in. i figure if i keep going maybe it will click again.

i am going back to NY for my cousin's confirmation on november 1st. i would like to make a dent on my weight before then since all my jeans are sooooo tight and i am so uncomfortable in them

the other day i was driving in my car talking to myself....

i just yelled at myself to either "get off the pot" and get the job done...or accept this weight.

i really dont like the weight i'm at right now. i feel like i have a tire around my belly

ok...enough whining from me....i'm going to the meeting tomorrow and will start journalling (hopefully)

will update you tomorrow.

have a great week everyone.

josie

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me popping into your thread. I am not sure how many of you have iPhones, but I noticed yesterday that weight watchers now has an iPhone app and it is free to WW Online members. It looks pretty basic right now, but they are promising to add lots of new features over the next couple of months.

Tonight is the Biggest Loser on NBC

a must see.. in my book... missed the first week last week saw it and this week will be week 3

:eek::eek: I could never work that hard ... do pick up new tips and by the end of the season :thumbup: I am :w00t: not :w00t: but:crying: (crying) as I feel hopeful that I will one day be the biggest loser with my LAP-BAND®® :w00t::smile::w00t:

Heya jolly! Hows it goin?

Well yes I do love BL. I don't usually get to see it but until Weds evening because it stays on later than I like to be up. I DVR it and can also blast thru the entire commercial, including the ones that are done in the show. :ohmy:

This last episode was a huge tear jerker. I felt so bad for everyone. This new season is really pulling on the heart strings.

hi everyone

i am not in a good place....

still not back on plan. i'm having a hard time starting to track, staying on plan, etc.

it's so much easier to "stay on plan" then to "get on plan" after falling off.

tomorrow is my regular weight watchers day. i'm going to face the music again and weigh-in. i figure if i keep going maybe it will click again.

i am going back to NY for my cousin's confirmation on november 1st. i would like to make a dent on my weight before then since all my jeans are sooooo tight and i am so uncomfortable in them

the other day i was driving in my car talking to myself....

i just yelled at myself to either "get off the pot" and get the job done...or accept this weight.

i really dont like the weight i'm at right now. i feel like i have a tire around my belly

ok...enough whining from me....i'm going to the meeting tomorrow and will start journalling (hopefully)

will update you tomorrow.

have a great week everyone.

josie

Josie, I really really understand where you’re coming from. Maybe you and I can motivate each other to get back on that horse and keep one another accountable? But, you have to check in! I really want to see you get across that finish line girl! You don’t have that much more to go!!

I believe in you! Now you have to believe in you too. You can't ever say "maybe" or "hopefully"... You just have to say "I WILL!" :unsure: You've come so far and now you can see the finish line in the near distance. Cross it!

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me popping into your thread. I am not sure how many of you have iPhones, but I noticed yesterday that weight watchers now has an iPhone app and it is free to WW Online members. It looks pretty basic right now, but they are promising to add lots of new features over the next couple of months.

Hi Susan! Of course you can pop in - anytime!

You know my friend, the one who brought me to WW now has the new app on her iPhone. It looks so simple to use and simple is the way I like it! I think that's why I like WW so much.

Sad thing is I don't have an iPhone. Well, sure I'd love one! I do love Verizon though and I don't think I could ever move on to another plan. That really is the only thing that keeps me from getting an iPhone. But there are other phones, blackberries, etc. and I never took the time to find out if they might have this app too.

I'm eligible for a new phone in April which since time flies will be here soon. I think I'll do some research and get a nice upgrade.

...and that said WELCOME!! :)

hi everyone im back had a nice time got sunburned now im all flakey. so now that im back i gotta get my tail in gear and get back on track so i started today. im gonna go back and read what everyone posted so i can be updated. will come back later and post. i really missed everyone im glad to be back

Hey china girl! Welcome back, I’ve missed ya! You have to let us know how your vacation went. We don’t have to be all numbers here ya know. J

Just a quick note. I haven't posted on this thread but have been reading it. I have done weight watchers. Lost 62 pounds. It is a great program.

I know the program inside and out and I can tell you if you are not getting the results you want it is because Weight Watchers is not carb friendly.

I will not be following the program with my band. I will be doing the Protein and vegetables recommended by my doctors.

It is a great program; but, just be aware that you can carb out very easily.

Good luck in your weight loss attempts.

Have a nice day!!!!!!

Hello -

Another small weight loss (- .6lbs) this week. But I wasn't really that good this week. There were two days that I didn't even count points:thumbdown:. ughh.

But I guess slow and steady wins the WW race!

Has anyone tried PB2? It is this weird product extracts the fat from Peanut Butter. It comes as a powder and you add Water. It is pretty interesting..it has half the calories (or less) of regular peanut butter. I am not suggesting having a sandwich with it (although one of my friends does) but it is perfect for sauces.< /p>

good luck this week everyone!

olive

Olive, well you did pull off a loss so I'd say no worries. The only thing I'd suggest is definitely don't let that become a habit like I did! I've found myself only journaling half the time now. NOT GOOD!

You guys, I seriously need to get back my mojo to make sure I'm journaling! I don't know what it is. :-( Well, maybe once I get some unfilled I'll take better tracking more seriously. It's almost like I don't want to see what I'm eating. Okay, well I'm sure that's exactly what it is.

I really need an app on my phone where I can carry it all around with me all day. I just can't imagine not having verizon though. I think the major reason being majority of my family has it and all the free minutes and texts is just too much to give up. Why does life have to be so unfair?? lol :)

Ok, now where's everyone else? Check in please! :smile:

hey girl whats up well my trip was nice except for me getting sunburned and it is bad.my back is all flakey. well on a good not this is the first time in yrs that i can say i wore a bathing suit and without a shirt to cover it. i was very pleased with myself and how people reacted to me. i must say i looked good in the sexy dresses i bough to were. and got alot of action from the men on the ship :smile: although im in a relationship it just felt got to know i still have it. food was good there at least a dinner. i did work out at the gym on the ship. i took alot of pictures to i just have to get a cord so i can put them on the net and learn how to do it:biggrin: but, im gonna get my aunts web address she also took alot of pictures and uploaded them so everyone can see what i look like. i think we are going to hawii next yr. i was reading in womens day mag about this lady who walked and lost 410lbs in 5yrs i guess. she eat 1200cals a day that gave me the needed motivation to keep walking this journey with ya. its hard even with the band.but, having help and support that i get here is really what keeps me going. i love this site and group. ok qustion for those of you that joined the e-tools are you allowed to attend meetings i have been thinking i gotta give it my all or just sit my ass down and deal with it. and im no quiter so i gotta get in it to as i have not been giving it my all. ok tell me this if i get the points counter and turn every thing i eat into points is that cheating. what do ya think im gonna see what i can swing and see if i can join ww even if its just for a month. well thanks for letting me clear my mind.

oh and what i eat yester day is

b-4crakers w/pb, 1 snack drink box

l-1/4c grilled chix salad, whole bag of mini rice cakes

d-1c spighetti w/m-balls,1c cof,splenda,cream

s-3mini reeces,1c cof w/cream,splenda

gotta get my Water back up gonna try and get more water in today.

Hey china girl! Welcome back, I’ve missed ya! You have to let us know how your vacation went. We don’t have to be all numbers here ya know. J

Edited by china