Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hi everyone,

sorry i've been so sporadic in posting. i'm away in san antonio but this is a poor excuse.

i find when i'm struggling....i hide. this is the worst time to hide.

i did weigh in last thursday in WW and managed to lose 2 lbs but i've not been tracking or on plan since.

i really feel like i am sabotaging myself like the old days. this is really dangerous because once i let myself go...i can put all the weight back on and some...and i refuse to go there....

i do have to say the band has been great for me to physically get the lion's share of my weight off. BUT...it hasnt helped with the original problem of head hunger. (head hunger is how i packed on 120 lbs)

i am so addicted to sugar since i had trouble eating with my band. i really need to get off of it. i just finish eating dinner and a bell goes off in my head and i'm off to the races vaccilating between craving sugar and salt.....

i am making a promise to check in while i'm struggling as well. i actually get more strength when i see people struggle, work through it and get to the other side. so why i dont participate the same way is crazy. so as of today...i am checking in with a report on where i'm at every day. (only time i will miss posting is next weekend when i am at a spiritual retreat and dont have access oct 15-18)

i was thinking of putting fill back in my band...altho' i still have trouble eating with no fill. so for the next few weeks i will try to exercise and follow WW. following WW means going to meetings each week no matter what the results may be (so far i've done this), check in with you guys and track my food (the original reason i went to weight watchers was to start tracking again.) i even have the application to track on IPhone....so no excuses.

i'm just looking for a bit of motivation. when i was banded...my LB doctor said "you may only lose 50 pct of your weight are you ok with this?" his statement motivated me so much.....to lose more then 50%. so i am looking for something like this to get me focused.

some things i was thinking about are:

1. i've been on WW 4.0 million times...but never achieved lifetime membership

2. once i get to goal...my trainer used to say "it's easier maintaining then to lose"

anyone have any other ideas? so far none of these have clicked but they are peaking my interest. i'm just trying to get alligned with them.

get fit: congrats on your great loss! things that affect the band are sometimes stress, exercise, TOM, etc. I try to make sure i get my Protein in when i'm tight by using either shakes or protein bullets.

china: thanks for sharing what you did. i needed to hear that. it's funny...we all struggle with the same issues with food so this makes me believe we can all recover from it. thanks again.

monicasf: welcome.....WW is definitely a great supplement for our bands. we also in the USA were told to finish our plates because of the poor people in the world. little did we know we are killing ourselves by doing this. glad you are here and hope the weekend went well.

bella: thanks for the tip on following the "simply filling technique" i forgot about this. i'm going to try it. i also find myself obsessing about food since joining WW but i am going to conquer it.

diva: thanks for your words of encouragement 2 weeks ago....actually after reading your post about the calculator i went to get one...WW is all out. they said they are soooo popular. so i will keep trying to get one.

hi jolly and olive...

ok girls....onward and upward!!!!

josie

Hi all,

checking in... i just got back from San Antonio. i will be leaving for a 4 day retreat tomorrow morning so i wont check in till next monday

i'm not weighing in this week mainly due to no time to get to the WW center. i have an extra week to get it together.

monday i plan to ramp up my exercise. i'm hoping this jump starts me.

hope everyone is doing well....

josie

Edited by josiebies
typo

hi everyone hows it going me im ok. just taking it one day at a time. so here is were i am. have been doing alot of reading and one think or two keeps sticking in my head. these things

1. you are only guranteed to fail if you never try.

2. you'll be shocked how much you can accomplish if you believe in yourself. attitude = like 80% to 90% of your success.

this is so true, its hard losing weight when you have found a safe place in food as we all have. we have stepped out on faith with this band. and we should be ever so proud of how far we have came. be proud of every inch and every pound as its getting us closer to the finish line:thumbup:. i was watching the tyra banks show last nite and i was blew away how cold some people can be toward fat people. trueth is no i wasn't i see it everyday i have lost and im happy with it as i remember where i was last year. and i have to keep remembering that and not let anyone steal my joy as i have worked my a$$ off to get here. and its hard some days hell ya and it will but, here the motivation life, to just be able to play with the kids and not have to rest afterwards, to be med free, and to shop in the skinny girl store. i can taste that like cheese cake honey:biggrin:. and most of all the walk in public and not be judged as being fat and lazy in which most are not. hell if the biggest loser can do it hell we can and will to.

josiebies maybe this will help you some if we all tell what motivated us to get the band. i will go first. all the above reasons but most of all i was scared that one day i was gonna go to sleep and die in my sleep and my baby would find me. :thumbup: that though just sticks in my head. and that is my i did some thing about it. how can i tell them to eat healthy and im over here doing it all wrong they are young so i have to get it right now. kids learn by exsample and that is not one i want to pass on. this world is eveil to over weight people and i never want my kids to experience that.

sorry for the drawn out speech. any ways here is what i eat.

10/14

2c grits w/cheese

2slices of deli roast beef

1/2c yogurt w/nuts

1sm slice of lb. cake

2med. cof,splenda,cream

10/13

4shrimps

1oz pepper j cheese

3mini pancakes w/syrup

fish w/grits

cup of coco

40oz c.lite

6mini rice cakes

10/12

17oz muscle milk

1oz jerkey

6oz shrimp w/mushrms

1.5c salad w/out lettuce

1/4c sunlower seeds.

Hi everyone,

sorry i've been so sporadic in posting. i'm away in san antonio but this is a poor excuse.

i find when i'm struggling....i hide. this is the worst time to hide.

i did weigh in last thursday in WW and managed to lose 2 lbs but i've not been tracking or on plan since.

i really feel like i am sabotaging myself like the old days. this is really dangerous because once i let myself go...i can put all the weight back on and some...and i refuse to go there....

i do have to say the band has been great for me to physically get the lion's share of my weight off. BUT...it hasnt helped with the original problem of head hunger. (head hunger is how i packed on 120 lbs)

i am so addicted to sugar since i had trouble eating with my band. i really need to get off of it. i just finish eating dinner and a bell goes off in my head and i'm off to the races vaccilating between craving sugar and salt.....

i am making a promise to check in while i'm struggling as well. i actually get more strength when i see people struggle, work through it and get to the other side. so why i dont participate the same way is crazy. so as of today...i am checking in with a report on where i'm at every day. (only time i will miss posting is next weekend when i am at a spiritual retreat and dont have access oct 15-18)

i was thinking of putting fill back in my band...altho' i still have trouble eating with no fill. so for the next few weeks i will try to exercise and follow WW. following WW means going to meetings each week no matter what the results may be (so far i've done this), check in with you guys and track my food (the original reason i went to weight watchers was to start tracking again.) i even have the application to track on IPhone....so no excuses.

i'm just looking for a bit of motivation. when i was banded...my LB doctor said "you may only lose 50 pct of your weight are you ok with this?" his statement motivated me so much.....to lose more then 50%. so i am looking for something like this to get me focused.

some things i was thinking about are:

1. i've been on WW 4.0 million times...but never achieved lifetime membership

2. once i get to goal...my trainer used to say "it's easier maintaining then to lose"

anyone have any other ideas? so far none of these have clicked but they are peaking my interest. i'm just trying to get alligned with them.

get fit: congrats on your great loss! things that affect the band are sometimes stress, exercise, TOM, etc. I try to make sure i get my Protein in when i'm tight by using either shakes or protein bullets.

china: thanks for sharing what you did. i needed to hear that. it's funny...we all struggle with the same issues with food so this makes me believe we can all recover from it. thanks again.

monicasf: welcome.....WW is definitely a great supplement for our bands. we also in the USA were told to finish our plates because of the poor people in the world. little did we know we are killing ourselves by doing this. glad you are here and hope the weekend went well.

bella: thanks for the tip on following the "simply filling technique" i forgot about this. i'm going to try it. i also find myself obsessing about food since joining WW but i am going to conquer it.

diva: thanks for your words of encouragement 2 weeks ago....actually after reading your post about the calculator i went to get one...WW is all out. they said they are soooo popular. so i will keep trying to get one.

hi jolly and olive...

ok girls....onward and upward!!!!

josie

Went to WW meeting this morning and did well for the weigh in ,down 4.4 lbs for the week. I'm still confused about my restriction because some days I feel as if everything gets stuck and other days I can eat anything. I m not complaining as long as I keep losing but I can't understand the fickleness of my band. Some days I feel I need a slight unfill,other days I feel I need a slight restriction. Is this the sweet spot? Well anyhow good luck to all.

Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I have been on here, but now school is almost over for me so I will have time to come on to the boards. I actually joined WW so I think that using both together and the support of everyone here, will help me get to where I want to be.

Have a great week everyone

Hellooooo everyone!! I have not posted in this thread in awhile, and for that I’m so sorry! I was going through some crazy band stuff, but to make a long story short I’m now on band probation! My Surgeon put me on a food log and told me to take it with me to my appt with his Nutritionist next week. So yesterday was my first attempt in awhile where I gave my logging 100%. Yippee for me!! LOL J Funny too I lost a whole pound in one day. I’m back down to 255 again. *sigh*

Another thing is that I’m going to be required to see my Nutritionist at least once a month for a look at my journal and a weigh in. Hmmm… something tells me I’m going to be losing again and will big time. It’s what I need though! As my surgeon put it, I can’t do this alone. I’ve tried that already and always it fails. This I’m positive will work. I’d love to hit goal by next summer! However I’m taking it one day at a time and I’ll get there when I get there.

If you are still posting in here, I’m so grateful for you! Do not give up, on yourself or the rest of us. I really hope to get this thread super active again. !!!

Here’s my journal from yesterday:

POINTS® Tracker entries

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Morning

1/2 serving(s) Kirkland Weight Loss shake, Milk chocolate, 1/2 Can

1 serving(s) banana Small

Coffee Black, Morning

Subtotal

Midday

1 serving(s) Packaged BBQ Party Wings, 7 pcs.

1 piece(s) Mozzarella string cheese

Subtotal

Evening

3 oz Pork, country-style ribs, cooked

3/4 cup(s) Stir Fried Vegetables

1/2 cup(s) cooked white rice

Subtotal

Anytime

1/2 cup(s) grapes

1 packet(s) Special K20 Protein Water mix, strawberry kiwi

1 serving(s) Hostess 100 Calorie Pack Strawberry Cakes w/Cream

2 oz Pretzel Sticks

24 item(s) Mini-wheats frosted bite size blueberry muffin

4 oz 1% low-fat milk

Subtotal

Food POINTS values total used

Food POINTS values remaining

Activity

20 min Elliptical trainer (cross trainer)

20 min stationary bike, moderate

30 min Calisthenics (moderate effort)

Activity POINTS values earned

Check off these important items daily:

Liquids

XXXXXXX

Milk & Milk Products

XX

Fruit & Vegetables

XXXXXX

Multivitamin/Mineral

X

Healthy Oil

X

Activity

X

Lean Protein

XX

Whole Grains

X

I just received this recipe from an email from a local supermarket called Shop rite

I never saw this blend of ingredients and thought someone would like something different... looks easy also :confused:

Southeast Asian chicken Loaf

Servings: 6

Nutrient Content Claims: Low fat Low saturated fat

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs ground chicken

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup plain rice cracker crumbs (about 3 ounces)

1 large egg

1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely diced

1/2 medium green bell pepper, finely diced

2 Tbs hoisin sauce

1 Tbs minced fresh ginger

1 Tbs lime juice

1 Tbs tamari

2 Tbs dried basil

freshly ground black pepper

teriyaki sauce

Select All

Add Checked Ingredients To Shopping List

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F. In large bowl, knead together all meatloaf ingredients, except teriyaki sauce, with your hands. Spray 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray. Pack the meatloaf into the loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Let rest 5 minutes before inverting the pan to transfer the meatloaf to a cutting board. Slice the meatloaf and arrange the slices on a serving platter. Pass teriyaki sauce separately or drizzle over slices to serve.

Nutritional Information:

Total Fat 3.00g

Saturated Fat 1.00g

Protein 14.00g

Vitamin C 36.00mg,

Calcium 72.00mg,

Iron 1.00mg,

Hey good morning WW peeps! Well I’m doing really well so far. I ate a lot of points yesterday but well, I’m losing so I won’t let that get into my head. I have to take it one day at a time and give my body what it needs. Good nutritious solid food! If I’m losing then I’m doing something right!!

------------------------------------------------------

POINTS® Tracker entries

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Morning

1 serving(s) Banana Small 1

1/2 serving(s) Kirkland Weight Loss shake, Milk chocolate, 1/2 Can 2

1 serving(s) Packaged Frozen Burrito - Beef, Bean & Green Chili 8

coffee Black, Morning 0.5

Subtotal 11.5

Midday

1 serving(s) Packaged BBQ Party Wings, 7 pcs. 5

1 piece(s) Mozzarella string cheese 2

Subtotal 7

Evening

15 item(s) Baked! Scoops tortilla chips 2

1 medium flour tortilla(s) 2

1/8 Taco Soup 4.5

Subtotal 8.5

Anytime

1 packet(s) Special K20 Protein Water mix, strawberry kiwi 0

1 oz Crunchy Cheetosn 4

1 medium peach(es) 0.5

1 cup(s) Heart to Heart Flakes with blueberry clusters Cereal 3

oz 1% low-fat milk 2

Subtotal 9.5

Food POINTS values total used 36.5

Food POINTS values remaining 0

Activity

30 min Elliptical trainer (cross trainer) 6

20 min stationary bike, moderate 2

Activity POINTS values earned 8

Check off these important items daily:

liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

Milk & Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

Hi everyone,

well i am back from the retreat. so for the next 2 weeks i am around and no excuses.

i weighed in today and gained 7.2 lbs. in 1 1/2 weeks basically since i joined weight watchers 6 weeks ago...i've gained 3.4 lbs. BUT....and it is a big but....right before i joined weight watchers i had my band unfilled completely. so even tho' i really havent gone down...i think if i didnt join WW and this site...i would have put 20 lbs on by now. I dont want to fill my band again so i am using this as motivation to get me moving.

i'm just going to keep trying which is why i am posting this message.

i went to the gym today and i am tracking every morsel that goes in my mouth....no matter what.

i think the head hunger is not tackled by the LAP-BAND®® process and i am going to try to overcome my head hunger.

i'm probably going to quote this wrong but the basic concept is right. either willie mays or hank aaron (best home run hitter) has the most strike outs. they once said....you cant succeed if you dont try...and sometimes you will fail. until you succeed. so i'm keeping that in my head.

diva: thanks for telling us what's going on. it just reinforces the fact that when we work this simple program...it works...

your results motivate me to try again too

jolly green: yum...that looks really good. i love those flavors..i'm going to print this and try it.

mair: welcome back!

china: thanks for the feedback on your motivation...i also like the 2 motivational points you made on your post.

anyway....good luck for a successful tracking week everyone!

josie

Josie (((hugs))) I so know what you’re going through!

I just had MORE unfilled from my band. I’ve noticed that I can eat more (painfree which was the main reason to have some removed) but it’s almost leaving me starving all day. Will I get more filled back in after an upper GI? I don’t know. Right now my body is able to eat more and still lose. I’m battling the urge to eat sweets in a big way right now!

So I can eat more.. so what? I’m still staying within the points that WW allows me and I’m losing again. I just want to continue to lose without the pain and discomfort that a tight band brings. I really don’t think that’s what its all about. I really honestly don’t think we were meant to be tortured into eating only two bites of food and throwing up all the time.

I do have some head hunger too though, besides real hunger. I feel physical hunger for Protein but once I’m satisfied I’ll find myself craving the bad stuff. I’ve been on the bad stuff for a long time so it’s probably going to take a long time before I can get over the addictions!

jolly that does sound like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!!!!

hi everyone,

thanks diva for the support

well i'm 2 for 2 at getting to the gym this week. had a great spin class today

i'm also tracking every morsel i put in my mouth.

i'm trying to avoid between meal snacking because i find once i start...i cant stop. let's see how that goes.

today is my birthday and i chose a seafood restaurant. i have left 10 points for it plus activity and bonus points available if i need them. i'm going to try to stay in the 10 points.

anyway hope everyone is having a WW day!

josie

Josie....Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

I hope that you have another cake (made out of plain fruit)

and

put a candle for every pound that you have lost since you have been banded

that is what I do every year on my B-day

Happy Birthday to you

Josie,

Thank you for your post. I needed to hear from someone with the same struggle. I'm only 6 weeks post-op, just received my first fill on Friday and absolutely can't get past the sugar craving. At this point I'd be happy to sacrifice food for a Three Musketeers bar (or 2). I feel like the Biggest Loser but not in a good way. I'm going to join WW because I definitely need more structure in my food plan. Since I was banded in Mexico and filled at the Fill Center two hours from home, I feel the need for support closer to home. However, I'll NEVER tell them about the band. I don't need the negative, short-sighted reactions other bandsters have received.

Thanks again, Sharon

happy birthday josie

im here been alot going on these days and welcome back diva. i'm not able to post much but, i have been keeping up with what everyone is posting. glad to see everyone is hanging in there. will try and come post 2morow. and as far as my eating its all screwed up but, im working on that again:rolleyes:

Hey china girl! J Glad to see you posting again.

Well I’m not even going to post what I’ve ate the last two days. Since my surgeon took a whole cc out I’ve noticed I can eat like a trucker and I’m constantly starving all day. I really tried to keep my appetite in check but I’ve eaten over 40 points the last two days, without blinking!! And that was struggling too! He definitely needs to put some back.

I’m not used to feeling hunger like this. I guess my band was really helpful in keeping that lion caged over the last year. My first 6 months were heck but I go through it and lost almost 60 Lbs. I have to keep trying though, no one else is going to do this for me.

Anyway, I’m sure my nutritionist is going to have a field day with me tomorrow. She’ll hopefully have some neat tricks to help out, besides the “oh eat a piece of fruit instead of a handful of almonds” type thing. I mean, I love almonds because they taste great and are super salty. I’m glad I’m going though. I need to be supervised! I think I’ve lost a few pounds anyway since I was last weighed in on Friday. We’ll see and I’ll definitely let you all know!

Have a great day all!! Get back to tracking! We need this J