Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hi everyone. I've been out of town for the past four days, but stuck to the plan really well. I was fortunate enough to get a RHR metabolism check while I was gone. My neice brought the machine home from her clinic she works at. As I thought, my resting heart rate is low - probably from eating too few calories in the early days of my weight loss journey. I know how many calories I have to eat now to just keep my metabolism from shutting down. Now I must focus on gaining muscle to get my metabolism up. I did NOT exercise at all prior to the last few weeks on a consistent basis. I'm four years out from my lapband surgery. If I only knew then what I know now. EXERCISE and EAT right!!!! I didn't do either one of these things and my metabolism is paying for it.

Lil Miss Diva - thanks so much for the Taco Soup recipe. I will make it soon.

China - it does look like you are not eating enough to me! That makes your metabolism shut down from what I understand and makes it harder to lose weight.

I really need to be counting calories instead of points to make sure I'm getting what I need. However, I love this WW plan and won't give it up! The problem I have is that I count for example a Lean Cuisine lunch for 5 points, but the truth is that I don't eat the whole thing so I'm not getting all the points I think I am.

Enough rambling....keep up the good work.

Hi all,

I'm doing WW online too, at least to lose my pre-op weight (30 lbs) and I'll probably keep with it after surgery as well to keep myself on track. I've already lost 6 and a half lbs in 2 weeks (with a day or two of cheating because of visiting relatives) so I'm pretty happy. :biggrin:

Just need to start getting some exercise in and I'm sure I'll drop the rest of the weight fast. Woo hoo! :ohmy:

Edited by sberrys

Hi everyone. I've been out of town for the past four days, but stuck to the plan really well. I was fortunate enough to get a RHR metabolism check while I was gone. My neice brought the machine home from her clinic she works at. As I thought, my resting heart rate is low - probably from eating too few calories in the early days of my weight loss journey. I know how many calories I have to eat now to just keep my metabolism from shutting down. Now I must focus on gaining muscle to get my metabolism up. I did NOT exercise at all prior to the last few weeks on a consistent basis. I'm four years out from my lapband surgery. If I only knew then what I know now. EXERCISE and EAT right!!!! I didn't do either one of these things and my metabolism is paying for it.

Lil Miss Diva - thanks so much for the Taco Soup recipe. I will make it soon.

China - it does look like you are not eating enough to me! That makes your metabolism shut down from what I understand and makes it harder to lose weight.

I really need to be counting calories instead of points to make sure I'm getting what I need. However, I love this WW plan and won't give it up! The problem I have is that I count for example a Lean Cuisine lunch for 5 points, but the truth is that I don't eat the whole thing so I'm not getting all the points I think I am.

Enough rambling....keep up the good work.

You;re welcome with the recipe! It's really good and one cup is only 2 measly points.. who can argue with that??

I have a hard time with my metabolism too. I didn't eat right before either and now my body is readjusting. I didn't lose a pound last week!

Ugh!!

But, I did lose 3 inches off my body. :) Thank goodness for the measurements.. I'd be devastated right now for the simple fact I worked really hard.

I do think I'm given too many points though. I cut it down to about 1200 calories per day or 24 points minimum, or 29 max. That's still 1450, give or take a few for fat or Fiber content. I can feel I'm losing big time now but I'm not getting on that scale until my weigh-days which is Saturday.

Good luck!!!

Hi all,

I'm doing WW online too, at least to lose my pre-op weight (30 lbs) and I'll probably keep with it after surgery as well to keep myself on track. I've already lost 6 and a half lbs in 2 weeks (with a day or two of cheating because of visiting relatives) so I'm pretty happy. :)

Just need to start getting some exercise in and I'm sure I'll drop the rest of the weight fast. Woo hoo! :rolleyes:

Hello Sberrys and welcome!!

Thats so awesome you chose this plan for your pre-op! I'd rather say this is a very healthy option rather than any liquid diet you might be put on. You get your full range nutrition from the foods you eat, not in any supplement type form.

Not only that, you get to pick whatever you want to eat (and I keep stressing this) as long as you can fit it in with your points and proper nutrition!

Good luck and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

When is your surgery?

Here is an awesome recipe from Dotti's WL Zone!

---------------------------------------------------------

Taco Soup

This recipe was given to me at my W.W. meeting from another member

(thank you Barb) who found it to be delicious and low in points.

I have tried it and it is indeed delicious! Enjoy!

Makes (12) 1 cup servings

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )

1 large onion, chopped

1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix

1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix (use 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix)

1 can Pinto Beans

1 can Chile Hot Beans

1 can whole kernel corn

1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)

1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and

taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other

ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco

seasoning (we already have this mix, don't buy extra) and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because

of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans.

This is delicious served with Baked Tostitos (buy a bag... chips

(they aren't in the point count per cup serving).

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup

The Baked Tostitos chips are 2 points for 9 chips.

I love, love, love taco soup. I make mine in the crockpot and use black beans in addition to the others. I serve it with ff sour cream and reduced fat cheddar. It is super yummy!!!:)

Dont have a date yet. Should be hearing back from the insurance company in a week or two and going from there. :)

Sberry - Welcome to the group. Diva was so great to start this thread!

Diva - I love reading your posts...you give me hope and alot of ideas with food.< /p>

Denise - I think it is all right if you don't finish your meal. As long as you don't go over your points you are fine. The food plan that my nutritionist gave me probably doesn't equal anywhere near the 24pts. that ww says I can have. My band is quite loose at the moment and that is why I can eat my points ( and more so ).

Crzytcher - I am assuming you are a teacher...are you back at school yet? I start next Monday and am concerned about the amount of food in the teacher's room....

Kristine - good for you for following this program while in college. Congrats on your .4lb loss.

Scorpio - You and I seem to be playing the same game. I have been playing with my points and eating too much. Back to points tomorrow...I will not give up.

China - Your points seem low but your band might be at a good restriction. I need a fill ASAP!

Well I am going to try to follow my points tomorrow. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

Crzytcher - I am assuming you are a teacher...are you back at school yet? I start next Monday and am concerned about the amount of food in the teacher's room....

Yes, I am a teacher and I returned to work on Aug. 10th! We start sooooo early down here. I handle the teacher's room by staying out of it. It isn't hard since I teach elementary and I don't really have breaks! I also eat with the students, so I don't have the ability to have a relaxed lunch where I can actually take time and chew my food. So, I eat Breakfast at home and for lunch I just have a Campbells soup-at-hand. I can just drink it. Then, while I watch my students at recess, I eat a Protein added chewy bar. For dinner, I usually just eat whatever hubby cooks (lucky thing gets home before I do!)

On the way home I also usually get my Starbucks drink.:rolleyes:

Good luck on returning to school and pack healthy Snacks to keep you from grabbing donuts from the lounge!:)

Welcome, rebellerina!

As I am starting a new year at school, I was thinking about my food plan and times of the day when I could eat my meals. Even though I would like to be flexible and spontaneous in my eating, history will show that this just leads to me grazing all day and then eventually bingeing. I have resisted planning all of my life and it has lead me to the state I am in...obese! As I turned 50 this year, I decided to let go of my inner rebellious child and focus on what is good for me. As far as eating and exercising is concerned, I think a plan is best. I came up with this, please let me know what you think? I am looking for feedback and support.....THANKS!

6 - 7:30AM: 16 oz Water

meds

EAS Protein Shake and coffee OR

latte ( 3 points )

8:45AM: 8 oz water

5 points

12:30PM: 8 oz water

5 points

3:30PM: 8 oz water

(gym - MWF)

EAS Protein shake ( 2 points )

6:30 - 7PM: 8 oz water

9 points

meds

Athough this is a rigid schedule for me, I think it may help with food issues as I won't have to think about it...it may free me up a bit. What do you think? Please comment.

ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Edited by Bella8891

Hello all, I am new to the website. I have not been banded yet but I have joined ww online. I just wanted to say hello.

hi Bella. i think your idea is good. i have to plan everything out. i eat the same way, i have a thing w/grazing too, i find if i have several small low pt meals thru out the day...i seem to be more successful. i pack alot of fruit, Protein Bars, yogart w/granola for low pt Snacks (i dont get full on Protein shakes..something about actually chewing food..total mind tricks)...lol....then i try and eat 3 small pt meals. i try and stick between 24 to 29 pts.....

let us know how it works for you. good luck!!! :)

I love, love, love taco Soup. I make mine in the crockpot and use black Beans in addition to the others. I serve it with ff sour cream and reduced fat cheddar. It is super yummy!!!:eek:

CT, funny you mention the black beans! I did that too this last round and I've found they are great in the taco soup. It actually adds a little coloring to it besides just the reddish. I bet the FF Chedder is great too. I have some reduced fat Mexican and 1/8 serving is only .5 pts.

Happy Eating!!

Dont have a date yet. Should be hearing back from the insurance company in a week or two and going from there. :eek:

Let us know when you do... I'm so excited for you :frown:

Sberry - Welcome to the group. Diva was so great to start this thread!

Diva - I love reading your posts...you give me hope and alot of ideas with food.< /p>

Denise - I think it is all right if you don't finish your meal. As long as you don't go over your points you are fine. The food plan that my nutritionist gave me probably doesn't equal anywhere near the 24pts. that ww says I can have. My band is quite loose at the moment and that is why I can eat my points ( and more so ).

Kristine - good for you for following this program while in college. Congrats on your .4lb loss.

Scorpio - You and I seem to be playing the same game. I have been playing with my points and eating too much. Back to points tomorrow...I will not give up.

China - Your points seem low but your band might be at a good restriction. I need a fill ASAP!

Well I am going to try to follow my points tomorrow. I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

Thanks for the kudos!! WE do need this here, because no one's really going to fully understand unless it's someone going through the same exact thing.

Re: China, as long as your body is accepting of it and you continue to lose at a pace of 1-2 Lbs per week then that is great. Some metabolisms are just run differently than others. Mine is super high and I can lose 5 Lbs in one week doing 1200 Cals a day. I was just saying to be careful and to make sure you're getting fully nourished.. Motherly figure feelings I guess. :eek: I can't even wrap my mind around eating under 1000 a day.. ;-)

SOOOOO happy I found this thread I just joined ww today super excited to get on track looking forward to share stories:smile:

Awesome, and welcome!! Feel free to jump right on in.. :thumbdown:

Welcome, rebellerina!

As I am starting a new year at school, I was thinking about my food plan and times of the day when I could eat my meals. Even though I would like to be flexible and spontaneous in my eating, history will show that this just leads to me grazing all day and then eventually bingeing. I have resisted planning all of my life and it has lead me to the state I am in...obese! As I turned 50 this year, I decided to let go of my inner rebellious child and focus on what is good for me. As far as eating and exercising is concerned, I think a plan is best. I came up with this, please let me know what you think? I am looking for feedback and support.....THANKS!

6 - 7:30AM: 16 oz Water

meds

EAS Protein Shake and coffee OR

latte ( 3 points )

8:45AM: 8 oz water

5 points

12:30PM: 8 oz water

5 points

3:30PM: 8 oz water

(gym - MWF)

EAS Protein shake ( 2 points )

6:30 - 7PM: 8 oz water

9 points

meds

Athough this is a rigid schedule for me, I think it may help with food issues as I won't have to think about it...it may free me up a bit. What do you think? Please comment.

ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Hi Bella, thanks for sharing :w00t: The only thing I would suggest is, perhaps instead of drinking your protein, eating them instead. There are so many super lean meats out there or beans you can eat that are very filling and leave you satisfied (and better tasting!) for much longer than the Protein Shakes. One oz. of lean tuna in water is only 1 point and 9g of protein!! I love to eat it on a green salad with a tablespoon of light Ranch Dressing and lunch is a measly 3 pts. It keeps me full all the way through dinner hour. :lol:

I also just believe that our bodies do better eating real food than supplements. IDK, I have no proof - except the way I feel when I eat solid protein vs. liquid supplemented protein.

hi Bella. i think your idea is good. i have to plan everything out. i eat the same way, i have a thing w/grazing too, i find if i have several small low pt meals thru out the day...i seem to be more successful. i pack alot of fruit, protein bars, yogart w/granola for low pt Snacks (i dont get full on protein shakes..something about actually chewing food..total mind tricks)...lol....then i try and eat 3 small pt meals. i try and stick between 24 to 29 pts.....

let us know how it works for you. good luck!!! :)

Sound like you and I are on the exact same train!! :lol:

I was sooo super bad yesterday. I blew it big time, but every other day has been really good. I'm definitely noticing a difference in the way my clothes feel and people are already noticing I'm in the right direction again. :unsure: Clothing that was starting to get toooo tight is fitting well again.

I can't beat myself up over it though. I just have to leave yesterday's baggage there and not carry it with me today. Today is a whole new day, and a whole new set of points.

So far so good!!! :D It's noon and I've only eaten 7.5 pts. Of course lunch is ready to come out. :eek: However, I'm having that Green Tuna Salad I just mentioned. Yum!!

I'm also having some of that Taco Soup w/black beans I mentioned earlier too.

Have a great day all!! (((hugs)))

Oh I forgot to mention: My salad is the 2 oz. pouch of tuna. So it adds 2 pts and is 18g of Protein. I also add a dash of salt/pepper and some splenda.

Try it!! I know you'll love it :thumbdown: Again, this total is 3 points for a huge salad!! YUM!!

Hi Diva and Scorpio,

I think you are right about the Protein shakes...solid food would probably be better with the band.

I followed the food plan on Tuesday...didn't on Wednesday...but I refuse to give up. Diva you really keep me focused. I think I will make that taco Soup tomorrow (Wednesday). I will check in tomorrow.