Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Irene - thanks for the advice. People are telling me I look a little thinner, I just don't know what the deal is with the scale.

I didn't know we could go to a meeting. That's a great idea - I might try that here tonight.

Everyone keep up the good work!

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Monday, August 17, 2009

Morning

Raisin Bran Cereal 5.5

Subtotal

Midday

Taco Soup and Tostitos Baked Bowls 4.5

Subtotal

Evening

Jimboy's Shredded Beef Tacos Meal 13

Subtotal

Anytime

1 cup(s) watermelon 1

Peaches & Cream Pie (One Bite) - Quick-added food 1

1 serving(s) Hostess 100 Calorie Pack, strawberry w/ Filling 1

1 piece(s) Kisses brand milk chocolates 0.5

20 item(s) Cheez-It Reduced Fat 2

Subtotal 5.5

Food POINTS values total used 28.5

Food POINTS values remaining 2.5

Activity

40 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface) 3

10 min stationary bike, slow 1

20 min stationary bike, fast 4

30 min Calisthenics (moderate effort) 2

Activity POINTS values earned 10

Check off these important items daily:

liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Milk & Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

tuesday

b-8oz choc.soy milk

s-1 peanut b cookie

l-.50c chix salad, 16 mini rice cakes

s- p/b cookie

d-same a lunch

81oz c.lite

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Morning

Raisin Bran Cereal 5.5

Subtotal 5.5

Midday

3 slice(s) Cooked ham, Water added, 96% fat free 2

1 item(s) Pasta Primavera 5

Subtotal 7

Evening

1 serving(s) Maruchan Instant lunch Cup 6

1 tuna Fish Sandwich 6

Subtotal 12

Anytime

1 serving(s) banana Small 1

18 item(s) Tiny Pretzel Twists 2

1 item(s) Low fat vanilla 2

Subtotal 5

Food POINTS values total used 29.5

Food POINTS values remaining 1.5

Activity

60 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface) 5

Activity POINTS values earned 5

Liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Milk & Milk Products

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

Irene - thanks for the advice. People are telling me I look a little thinner, I just don't know what the deal is with the scale.

I didn't know we could go to a meeting. That's a great idea - I might try that here tonight.

Everyone keep up the good work!

Isn't it just strange that one day you can feel super empowered and the slightest thing can break that confidence? It was just day before yesterday that I wast telling you to hang in there. But now, I've noticed I have not lost any weight at all in almost a week now. Looks like there will be no Off Day's for me this week! :lol:..

I think I need to make some adjustments somewhere. I think it's either too much workout and not enough nutrition - or vice versa. I'm going to start with taking a break from workouts this weekend and see how that works for me.

tuesday

b-8oz choc.soy milk

s-1 peanut b cookie

l-.50c chix salad, 16 mini rice cakes

s- p/b cookie

d-same a lunch

81oz c.lite

wow! You don't eat very much at all... but if it works for you that's great! Just stay healthy!! :D

Isn't this the best?? Just to be fair with you, I hardly think you ate 15 points worth of food. :w00t: But I understand your reasoning. Sometimes the points counting gets in the way of having an enjoyable meal, so estimating is better. Once in awhile doing this is not going to hurt, and will only make your journey more doable in the end.

Hi Melly, welcome!

Isn't WW just a fantastic program? I've already had a few slip ups, but I really love the idea of starting new and fresh every morning. I was able to pick myself back up immediately. Me falling and not getting back up has always been my biggest problem with weight management. I've always been able to lose weight...

I stalled for almost an entire year and finally I realized I needed to change up some habits to get accross that finish line. I'd even started to go in the wrong direction, but that's all changing now! :tt2:

Someone in the chat room asked me, "wow you need WW even though you have the band?" I was kind of taken aback by this question because, well in my opinion - yes I did. The band is not going to lose the weight for us. Only eating right and getting a workout in is going to do that. The band will only help with getting the most out of our meals. THAT IS ALL!!!! I don't know how many times I've had to say this on this website. It's astonishing what people expect from their bands...

I completely agree with the idea of being on the looser end of tightness. It's better for us anyway. The tighter the band, the higher risk for complications down the road, including removal. I'm going to be good to my band. :lol:

I can eat anything. bread, Pasta, rice - all meats... anything! It's so much healthier. I'm not limited in any way. One huge thing I've noticed since I got some fill taken out is that I'm able to get all my Fiber in during the day. It's really difficult to do this with a tight band. Fiber is just as important as protein... but is most often forgotten.

Anway, glad you can join us - let us know how you're doing with the plan. I'm new too, so we can compare notes. I'm only a bit less than 2 weeks in. :D

hello there! I myself have thought about doing ww because even with the band we still do need to learn how to eat properly, and i just hate trying to figure out how to count this or that. so i usually just eat anything. i have went back and forth with myself about trying ww, because i felt that the band should be enough. Or that i shouldnt need something besides the band.

Until the other day when i was talking to my sister about ww. She started ww about a month ago and is doing very well ( she is not banded btw) She suggested that i start ww as well. I said " I don't know because if i do that I feel like i have failed the band" So our conversation went on and she said " well you know it is all just about portion control" Then it hit me. The band is just "our" built in Portion Control. We actually have the advantage over others that don't have the band. So then i said to her " i wouldn't be cheating on my band or I wouldn't have failed the band" I would just be taking the next step in my life long journey with the band and that is learning how to eat right.

So the reason for my long story lol is to say you are right. The band is not the miracle cure. It's just our "tool" to help us get to where we need to be.

I just think sometimes a lot of us lose sight of that and just need a reminder once in awhile( i don't mean you i am referring to those that have questioned your choice of ww)

So good for all of you that have taken the next step in the long journey and keep up the good work!

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Morning

Pinto Beans & rice 5.5

Subtotal 5.5

Midday

1 serving(s) LEAN CUISINE: Spaghetti w/ meat Sauce 5

Garden salad 2

Subtotal 7

Evening

Burgers & Fries 10

Subtotal 10

Anytime1 serving(s) GNC Amplified Wheybolic Protein 1

1 bar(s) chocolate Caramel 2

8 oz 1% low-fat milk 2

2 item(s) Creme Sandwich Cookie(s) 2

Subtotal 7

Food POINTS values total used 29.5

Food POINTS values remaining 1.5

Activity

40 min Walking (>3.0 mph [20 min mile] and <5.0 mph [12 min mile] on level surface) 3

30 Mins Calisthenics 2

Activity POINTS values earned 3

Liquids

Milk & Milk Products

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

I'm going out for my morning walk, but since it's on my mind I just wanted to give you a quick good alternate recipe for french fries.

Get a fresh large potato. Clean the skin and cut up shoestring or thicker as desired. Spray a baking dish with Crisco Butter spray or PAM (all zero calorie). Spread the potatoes on the dish and spray over the potatoes once over with the cooking spray again. Salt as desired (I used seasoning salt yum!)

Put in the oven at 450 and let bake for 20-25 mins (unless you like it crispier or lighter, adjust time).

They are awesome! One large potato is only 3 points. I put that in my tracker, but didn't subsitute for the fact I didn't even eat a half of one potato. I forgot, but oh well, I didn't go over my points anyway.

BBS!

Here is an awesome recipe from Dotti's WL Zone!

---------------------------------------------------------

Taco Soup

This recipe was given to me at my W.W. meeting from another member

(thank you Barb) who found it to be delicious and low in points.

I have tried it and it is indeed delicious! Enjoy!

Makes (12) 1 cup servings

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )

1 large onion, chopped

1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix

1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix (use 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix)

1 can Pinto Beans

1 can Chile Hot Beans

1 can whole kernel corn

1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)

1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and

taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other

ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco

seasoning (we already have this mix, don't buy extra) and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because

of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans.

This is delicious served with Baked Tostitos (buy a bag... chips

(they aren't in the point count per cup serving).

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup

The Baked Tostitos chips are 2 points for 9 chips.

Edited by LilMissDiva

hello there! I myself have thought about doing ww because even with the band we still do need to learn how to eat properly, and i just hate trying to figure out how to count this or that. so i usually just eat anything. i have went back and forth with myself about trying ww, because i felt that the band should be enough. Or that i shouldnt need something besides the band.

Until the other day when i was talking to my sister about ww. She started ww about a month ago and is doing very well ( she is not banded btw) She suggested that i start ww as well. I said " I don't know because if i do that I feel like i have failed the band" So our conversation went on and she said " well you know it is all just about portion control" Then it hit me. The band is just "our" built in Portion Control. We actually have the advantage over others that don't have the band. So then i said to her " i wouldn't be cheating on my band or I wouldn't have failed the band" I would just be taking the next step in my life long journey with the band and that is learning how to eat right.

So the reason for my long story lol is to say you are right. The band is not the miracle cure. It's just our "tool" to help us get to where we need to be.

I just think sometimes a lot of us lose sight of that and just need a reminder once in awhile( i don't mean you i am referring to those that have questioned your choice of ww)

So good for all of you that have taken the next step in the long journey and keep up the good work!

nurse, I completely understand how you used to feel about having to start up a whole other program. However, like you I also was hit with the realization that the Lap Band is really only one little part of our new healthy lifestyle. I've heard this saying said over so many times, yet I really never truly understood the concept. That saying is "They band your stomach, not your head."

It isn't going to keep up from putting anything in our mouths. You can cheat the band very easily, but if you use it properly, it is a very very good tool.

My doctor constantly preaches about being too tight and making sure I am still able to eat normal food. I just have to make sure I'm eating the proper things, to get the most out of my tool. My band is so awesome!! :blink: But, so is my Weight Watchers!! :mellow: These two things combined are a powerhouse tool for losing weight, and keeping it off in a HEALTHY way. I am so thankful for both of them

If you decide you would like to try WW, you will always have a home here. It's so great to go through a journey where the people are practicing the same programs. :)

I've noticed I'm really slacking on making sure I'm getting enough fruits/veggies and dairy products for the day. I love this system so much! It really keeps my eyes open to what I need to be doing!!

I'm also taking two days off this time from working out. I do not count my leisurely walks or anything else, so it shows up as if I did nothing. I did go on a minor leisurely walk yesterday.

So how is everyone else doing??? Are you hanging in there? It's been really quiet in here! Oh well, I'll keep posting. It helps me, and I'm sure it's helping others out, even if they choose to stay quiet.

This is a daily battle. I will not lose this war.

:(

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Morning

Pinto Beans & rice 5.5

Subtotal 5.5

Midday

2 oz canned salmon 2

1/4 Garden salad 0.5

Subtotal2.5

Evening

1 serving(s) LEAN CUISINE: Salisbury Steak 5

1 piece(s) cornbread, prepared from mix 4

1 Tbsp whipped salted butter 2

Subtotal 11

Anytime

3 1/2 serving(s) Fritos Chili cheese Corn chips 13.5

1 piece(s) butterscotch candy 0

30 item(s) Tiny Pretzel Twists 3.5

Subtotal 17

Food POINTS values total used 36

Food POINTS values remaining 0

Activity No entries for activity.

Activity POINTS values earned 0

Liquids

& Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Activity

checkbox.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

Well, today starts week 3 of me doing the "at home" ww points diet. I work full-time and college started Tuesday. So, I have little time and I not able to log everything here. I do keep a log at home. I lost 0.4 Lbs this past week. Kind of frustrating because I lost 2 lbs the prior week. Oh well, The ups- and-downs of dieting.

At least it's not a 0.4 LB gain! Yes, I am bummed at the little loss. But, won't let it keep me down!

hey everybody!!!! happy friday!!! I havnt been online cuz obviously i've been to busy eating!! OMG...i gained not 1 not 2 but 4lbs this week!!! :wink2::cursing: i have no one to blame but myself...i totally fell off the wagon this week :(......i even got my very first fill on 8/19 1cc in a 14cc band....didnt make a bit of difference, my dr did say it would take a few fills before i notice anything.

but, on a positive note i have been staying consistent with my workouts.

so.....with that being said today is a new day...gonna get back on the wagon. i hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

cya guys later!!!

Well, today starts week 3 of me doing the "at home" ww points diet. I work full-time and college started Tuesday. So, I have little time and I not able to log everything here. I do keep a log at home. I lost 0.4 Lbs this past week. Kind of frustrating because I lost 2 lbs the prior week. Oh well, The ups- and-downs of dieting.

At least it's not a 0.4 LB gain! Yes, I am bummed at the little loss. But, won't let it keep me down!

This is the hardest part of sticking to any one plan.. the down times. Just stay positive and yes, it is still a loss!! They add up!

It's just an average, some weeks we'll lose big - some will come off like molasses of our * well you know... :cursing:

Good luck with the classes! I have one starting on Monday too. Ugh the time off goes WAY too fast!!

hey everybody!!!! happy friday!!! I havnt been online cuz obviously i've been to busy eating!! OMG...i gained not 1 not 2 but 4lbs this week!!! :wink2::wink2: i have no one to blame but myself...i totally fell off the wagon this week :(......i even got my very first fill on 8/19 1cc in a 14cc band....didnt make a bit of difference, my dr did say it would take a few fills before i notice anything.

but, on a positive note i have been staying consistent with my workouts.

so.....with that being said today is a new day...gonna get back on the wagon. i hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!

cya guys later!!!

scorp, do not worry! Every day is a new day to start over. It's a lifetime of a journey. We will struggle every single day. Don't you lose that war!! One battle at a time!

:)

hey there im here. went to rochester to see my new neice she is in the hospical so i stayed there for a day and got hope today. so here is what i eat

friday

b 1 cup of coff, w/2non-dairy cream, 4splendas

s-2 toasted toast w/butter and honey

l-very thin hamburger no bun

d-sm. steak and cheese sub (i eat bout 5.5inchs of the 8inches)

42oz c.lite

thursday

b-.50 mush/cheese omlette and a coff,cream, splen

l-1/4c chix salad, 16 mini rice cakes

d-p-shake(1.50c oj, 1c strawb, 1/4c b berries,2splen, 1tbs sun seeds, 1sc whey)

32oz c.lite

oh and on wednesday i went and go .3ccs removed and i must say i feel alot better. no more pb'in. it seems to me that since getting another unfill im not really hungry mostly thirsty. so im gonna see how things go for me. still got like 16mor lbs to go before the 20th of next month so i will see if i can do it but, it ok if i dont as long as i try. oh ya i hit my 50lb mark on 8/19 im happy bout that. so i have lost 50 since surg and 43before=93lbs but i dont feel like it for some reason maybe becuz im alot heavier than most. i still see me as the way i was im just able to excerise now. is that crazy or what does anyone else feel like this.

Edited by china