Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers Online: Support Thread

Hi all,

I joined WW on Tuesday as I felt I needed more structure to lose more weight. I too thought that WW + band = weight loss. The problem was that I didn't think the members would be too happy if I told them I was banded...I thought they would think it was cheating or something like that. Then I stumbled on this thread and I am thrilled! I can be honest about my band and WW here . Thank you to whomever started this support thread. I hope I am not too late to join!

According to the points quiz I get 24pts/day plus 35 extra weekly pts.

Edited by Bella8891

Hi everyone :biggrin: I started ww a few days ago. My weigh in days are thursdays.

I'm glad that Irene told me about this thread. I've had really bad problems working with my band and maybe this will help.

Nice to meet you all :unsure:

hey all hows it going well me im doing ok i did notice today that i had a slice of lb cake. i dont even know why i think its cuz i really miss my kids. but, that still is no excuse so here is what i eat today.

b-1c coffee w/cream, splenda an .50c of ricotta w/splenda

s-27oz c.lite

l-ww creamy chix entree

s-greek salad w/ff rasberry dressing

d-1ear of corn, 2spoonfuls sweet peas, 1oz deli ham

d2-3/4c spighetti w 2meat balls an sauce:frown:

s-1slice lb cake:frown:

________

81oz c.lite really hot here

i did meet with the leader at weight watchers and i did get some information and she showed me how to use the on-line version and i must say i like it. gonna try and get it this month. but, i have to finish my kids school shopping first. well i did go get on the scale yesterday and i have lost 3lbs if was to happy as i thought i had gained but nope. i go to the wlc on the 19th or 18th of this month so i will see what i can do by then:biggrin: im still trying to loose 25 by the time it is my trip. at least im hopeful. irene your doing great keep up the good work.

Hello china!

You are doing really really good! I think one thing for all of us to overcome is the feeling of guilt. We really must get out of that mindset. With WW, absolutely nothing is off limits (until you reach your points max of course). So, if you want one slice of Lb Cake... eat it. Just make sure you can budget it in that day, and you are still able to get in all your other nutrients as well.

We also have our weekly points to help out if we go over our daily budget.. and if you get your workouts in, that helps even more. I'm working on my third week now, and I've never even come close to using all of my points. :tt2:

You lost weight this week! Congrats!! Now doesn't this feel fantastic??? Heh, I think so! :sad:

Hi all,

I joined WW on Tuesday as I felt I needed more structure to lose more weight. I too thought that WW + band = weight loss. The problem was that I didn't think the members would be too happy if I told them I was banded...I thought they would think it was cheating or something like that. Then I stumbled on this thread and I am thrilled! I can be honest about my band and WW here . Thank you to whomever started this support thread. I hope I am not too late to join!

According to the points quiz I get 24pts/day plus 35 extra weekly pts.

Hi Bella, welcome!

No, it's never too late to join and all are welcome who are trying WW with the band. I'm so glad I starting this thread! We can do this, we really can. Best wishes on starting up, and be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing!! You're right, no one will really know what we are going through also having a lap-band.

Wow you are low with points! I know I'll get to that point too someday and I imagine I'll be eating alot of Beans and salads!! :)

Hi everyone :lol: I started ww a few days ago. My weigh in days are thursdays.

I'm glad that Irene told me about this thread. I've had really bad problems working with my band and maybe this will help.

Nice to meet you all :tt2:

Hey girl! I'm so glad you come to join us! The more the merrier and with each others support, we can do this.. oh yes we can!!

Hi Diva and thanks for the warm welcome!

I was able to stick to my points yesterday and it was great. I could not believe that I wasn't hungry...I was always hungry before on WW. It makes me want to run into my meeting and tell everyone to get the Lapband because you will be able to stay fuller, longer!

I put my weight (210) into the profile points quiz and it came out to 24pts. With the extra weekly points, I think it will be enough. I plan on using those 35 pts!

I will be checking onto this thread daily and listing what I ate...That will help me with accountability.

So far:

Meal 1: EAS Protein shake (2)

Atkins Bar (3)

I will check back in at the end of the day

I'm back..

Meal 2: movie popcorn (10) WOW!

Vitamin Water 10 (1)

Meal 3: hot dog (6)

roll (1)

corn (1)

rice (2)

Meal 4: brownie (5)

icecream (9)

40 pts. today!! YIKES, I was on a carbfest! Tomorrow is another day.....

Way to go on your weight loss, China. Scorpio, your day looked yummy.

Edited by Bella8891
update

hi guys!!! just checking in ... yesterday was a good day...:)

b - 4 slices of bacon (:sad:) southwestern egg beaters & 1 slice lght cheese...... 7 pts

s - 1 cup cantalope .... 1pt

d - 1/2 cup taco ground turkey, 1 tblspn lght sour cream & salsa, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 an avocado & shredded lettuce .... 10.5 pts

total - 18.5 pts ...a ton of food (from the mouth of a bander..lol) and i'm supposed to be eating 29 pts!!!

exercise - 45 min cardio & 25 min wght training

cya guys tomorrow!! wtg China on your weight loss!!! :lol:

Hey gals! Yesterday wasn't such a great day for me food wise. Had a bit of a family emergency and by the time all was said and done, we ended up going through the drive through. Although, I must say I did much better than I would have in the past. I got a kids meal & I counted the points. I weigh in tomorrow, hoping for a loss.

Oh and my ticker is not right. I was 194 but then gained on vacation. So here's my numbers thus far.

After vacation 197.8

1st week of weight watchers 196.4

2nd week 195.4

My 30th birthday is this week so I'm depressed & excited at the same time. I know I'm gonna have to stay OP through the week so I can use my WP's for a piece of cake :)

I'll post tomorrow at work. Hope everyone is doing well!

thanks scorpiogt and right back at cha. you are doing great i cant wait to get the ww on-line so i can do the points to.

hi guys!!! just checking in ... yesterday was a good day...:)

b - 4 slices of bacon (:)) southwestern egg beaters & 1 slice lght cheese...... 7 pts

s - 1 cup cantalope .... 1pt

d - 1/2 cup taco ground turkey, 1 tblspn lght sour cream & salsa, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 an avocado & shredded lettuce .... 10.5 pts

total - 18.5 pts ...a ton of food (from the mouth of a bander..lol) and i'm supposed to be eating 29 pts!!!

exercise - 45 min cardio & 25 min wght training

cya guys tomorrow!! wtg China on your weight loss!!! :sad:

hey irene thanks for the encouraging words i must tell ya i was amazed when i got on the scale and it said i lost 3lbs but, i was happy i must say. and thanks for letting me know im doing it right i wasn't sure.

today/sunday

b-8oz chocolate soy milk

s-1oz raw sunflower seeds

l-ww Pasta 300cals/6points

d-layered bean dip @ mighty taco's

d2-.50c sweet peas w/sm peice of corn bread

s-.50c banana pudding:frown:

83oz c.lite

Hello china!

You are doing really really good! I think one thing for all of us to overcome is the feeling of guilt. We really must get out of that mindset. With WW, absolutely nothing is off limits (until you reach your points max of course). So, if you want one slice of Lb Cake... eat it. Just make sure you can budget it in that day, and you are still able to get in all your other nutrients as well.

We also have our weekly points to help out if we go over our daily budget.. and if you get your workouts in, that helps even more. I'm working on my third week now, and I've never even come close to using all of my points. :laugh:

You lost weight this week! Congrats!! Now doesn't this feel fantastic??? Heh, I think so! :thumbup:

So today was my weigh in day. I weighed in this morning at.......

192.8!! YAY! How awesome is that?? 3rd week of WW and I lost 2.6 pounds. I am feeling pretty good =) Hopefully this will continue and I will reach my goal weight sometime in the early spring.

Woot Woot, Melly!!! :w00t: Awesome job on your weight loss!! Wow, we all had a fantastic week!!! ;) I hope everyone has a good WW week!!!

Here is my food log from yesterday! Here's to another exciting upcoming week WW folks!

logo_print.gif

dots_537.gif

POINTS® Tracker entries

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Morning

1 cup(s) cooked hot cream of wheat Cereal 2

1 Tbsp whipped salted butter 2

3 slice(s) Natural sliced bacon 2.5

Subtotal

Midday

1 item(s) store-bought beef and bean burrito 8

10 item(s) Cheez-It 1.5

1 serving(s) Packaged BBQ Party Wings, 7 pcs. 5

Subtotal 14.5

Evening

1 piece(s) cornbread 3

1 cup(s) cooked pinto Beans 4

1/4 cup(s) Medium Grain Rice, uncooked 3

1 tsp whipped salted butter 0.5

Subtotal 10.5

Anytime

1 item(s) Low fat vanilla 2

1/2 large bar(s) Milky Way 3

Subtotal 5

Food POINTS values total used 36.5

Food POINTS values remaining 0

Activity

10 min stationary bike, moderate 1

20 min stationary bike, fast 4

10 min elliptical trainer, moderate intensity 1

20 min Elliptical trainer (cross trainer) 4

Activity POINTS values earned 10

Check off these important items daily:

liquids

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Milk & Milk Products

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

fruit & Vegetables

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gifcheckbox.gif

Multivitamin/Mineral

checkbox_checked.gif

Healthy Oil

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gifcheckbox.gif

Activity

checkbox_checked.gif

Lean Protein

checkbox_checked.gifcheckbox_checked.gif

Whole Grains

checkbox_checked.gif

Edited by LilMissDiva

URRRRGH!!! I was so good with my eating and exercising this week. Today was my weigh day and I lost ZERO this week. I'm really not that discouraged because this is the first time in 5 years since I got my band that I've eaten a healthy diet and exercised at all. I did get in 6 days of walking 30-45 minutes and actually feel really good. My daily points were at or a little below my target point range except for one day when I used 9 of my extra points.

Since I'm 50+ maybe I'm just going to lose a little bit at a time. I read the WW website this morning for encouragement and did run across another lady my age who would only lose 1/2 lb per week, but finally made it to goal after a year.

Everyone here is doing a good job and are so encouraging to read their progress. Keep up the good work!

Hi Denise!

Yes, don't let that discourage you at all! I did just get back from an actual WW meeting (my first ever) and I was allowed to go in for the discussion. I didn't need anything special, just told them I was on WW Online and was allowed to join. Maybe someone here might give it a try in their area?

Anyway, the reason I mentioned that was we talked about this very thing in there! She said that "If you stumbled over one stair, would you throw yourself down the entire flight?" Well, of course you wouldn't. There will be plateau's and should be expected.

They gave some advice, but of course are ones we've all heard before. ;)

NurseMelly: Congrats!! You're doing excellent!! (((hugs)))

Bella: Have you tried The SKinny Cow ice cream sandwiches? Most of them are only 2 points!!

I think that is really great what they said at your meeting Irene. I know in the past before I was banded, if I messed up at one meal, I'd just throw my whole plan out the door because I had "already messed the day up." All that did was make me fatter ;)

I'm not so good at forgiving myself but I think we all need to do that. So what if we have a bad day??? tomorrow is a new one :w00t:

BTW, I love skinny cow. I can't eat real ice cream because it makes me GAIN like crazy. I also like the WW Desserts. The strawberry shortcake and the chocolate chip cookie dough are awesome. I have a sweet tooth, if you haven't noticed :blink:

hey guys!! just wanted to drop in to post what i ate today....

b - 2 slices deli ham, 2 slices harvarti cheese, lettuce and 1/2 tblespn of lght mayo .... 6.5

s - 1 cup cantalope ... 1 pt

l - 1 chicken spinach sausage link & 1/2 cup spaghetti squash w/1/4 cup italian cheese ... 6 pts

s - salsa sun chips ... 4 pts

d - 1 baked chicken thigh & roasted veggies ... 6 pts

total pts - 23.5

exercise - 55 min. treadmill

hope everyone had a good day!!! tomorrow i gotta make sure i get my workout done in the morning and try and have a low pt day...going to the movies tomorrow night and i HAVE to have buttery movie popcorn :) (i'll make sure i get a small size) ...here i come 35 weekly pts ...LOL

cya guys later!!!!

hi all this is my update well i finally met with the lady linda that is head of the 50+group. and i was ok she wasn't able to answer much cuz i wasnt a member. but, one lady did tell me some great info once we were out of the meeting. she told me to go on e-bay and buy a weight watchers packet. so i went and checked it out. for the 2009 books it was 179. for 17wks. on ebay its 42 for the same items except you dont go to the meetings every wk or get the etools. i figure at least if i have the material i can do it still just on my own and of course with you guys and that is fine with me. so i ordered it and it comes with a points calculator to. so im happy about that. this is my treat to myself.

so i will see how every thing works out with that. and should i have any questions ya know i will be on here looking for some answers.

monday

b-berry Protein shake

s-sm twisted frosty

l-talapia an yogurt w/nuts

s-3slices of deli roast beef

d-1cup of orange flav chix w/2tbs of rice

________

81oz c.lite

not such a good day but, not all that bad either will do better 2morow.

So today was my weigh in day. I weighed in this morning at.......

192.8!! YAY! How awesome is that?? 3rd week of WW and I lost 2.6 pounds. I am feeling pretty good =) Hopefully this will continue and I will reach my goal weight sometime in the early spring.

Edited by china