Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

transfer of addiction is it real???????

i'm a thread posting fool 2day...lol...i have gone from over-eating to shopping!!!!!shopping!!!!shopping!!!! and exercising!!!exercising!!!!exercising!!!! i could careless about food at this point...don't get me wrong i do eat...but i would rather have a new dress or work-out for 3 hours than a plate of food!!!!!!!!!!! give me a dress instead of a taco!!!!!!!!!!...lol...my friend (the same friend i posted a thread about earlier) is having sex with everyone under the sun...lol...hope i didnt offend anyone...weight loss is such a mental change...a total over-haul...not only of the body...but the mind too...

I think this has happened for me as well . I used to not be able to walk past food without eating. Now I could care less. But let me see a cute sundress and I can barely contain myself. Not to mention all the time I can now spend trying on clothes and looking in the mirror. My size 12s are actually getting baggy. I used to spend hours trying to find clothes to hide my body. Now I can't believe how great things look on me. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be once I get to an 8 like you. The other thing I seem to do is weigh myself all the time. I have to say I still get a rush everytime I see the numbers go down. That and I take tons of pics right now. Sometimes I can't believe the difference in the before and after pics. So yes i've definitely transferred addictions, who needs food when there's shopping to be done?

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am the picture taking queen!!!!!!!!!!!! u think my support page is bad...my Facebook is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! i am constantly taking pics or asking someone to take them 4 me!!!!!!!!!! my husband cant get enuff pics either!!!!!! i try on clothes just to try them on...i love going to wet seal and the "skinny" stores...lol

I'm positive that the transfer of addiction thing is real. A formerly fat friend (bypass, not lapband) is drinking too much and meeting waaaay too many men.

I'm sure some of that is the liberation of losing so much weight.

But dang.

i try to get my husband to understand how it feels to lose a significant amount of weight...the natural high u get off it...its like u escaped a miserable...unhappy life...and u cant get enuff of what u can do...example...wearing small sizes...men paying more attention 2 u...its like a feeling of freedom

Im addicted to skinny stores as well. I now shop at the same stores as my 16yr old daughter. Charlotte russe is my favorite . I'm proud to report there isn't one lane Bryant tag left in my closet. My boyfriends in the millitary. we only see each other every month or so. So I send him pics almost everyday. He always jokes that I lose so fast he gets a new girlfriend every month. He's amazing. He told me he likes me skinny but I was every bit as beautiful to him when I was heavy. But he's in always been in great shape so it's hard for him to understand how unhappy I was when I was fat. It's something you can't fully understand unless you've been there. But he sure loves my sexy new wardrobe.

He always jokes that I lose so fast he gets a new girlfriend every month.

:thumbup:

That's awesome!

i say amen to new addictions lol id rather shopping and exercising be my addiction which I am sure they will be! i think its natural bc now you look good and you want to stay that way!

I try on clothes ALL the time! I love doing that.

I'm a dedicated exerciser and I say oh, I"m addicted to running. I'm addicted enough that if the plastic surgery fairy payed a visit and granted me a full body overhaul at no cost to myself, I would probably freak about not being able to run for six weeks, lol. I dont like that thought. But I think I have that in a good place in my life, not really an obsession.

What I struggle with that I want to change is wanting to lose MORE weight. I find it just so hard not to be constantly achieving new things weight wise, and to not be mentally focussed on trying to change my body. I've never been here in my life before and I am having trouble accepting that this is just my body now and I am ALLOWED to just eat for maintenance.

i'm starting to want to lose more and more 2 jachut....my goals keep getting lower and lower...i was going to stop as soon as i hit a 12...now i'm a 8...i was going to stop when i got to 160...now i want to get to 155...i've been telling my husband i still weight 200 pounds and i look smaller bcuz i still lose inches...he isnt buying it...not one bit...lol

I telly you what though, it makes you realise how darn thin models and actresses must really be.

I mean, I've always viewed a perfectly flat stomach and no lumps and bumps round the hips as what you get if you're at a healthy weight. Nuh uh. I'm 150 lb or so at 5ft 10 and as you can see from my close ups, yeah, I look fine, but I'm still pretty well upholstered. It hit me I would really need to be 10kg (25lb) lighter to be as thin as I thought I'd be at this sort of weight - which is underweight.