Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hola!

I'm Jailin, I'm 25 and from NYC. My surgery is scheduled for next week August 5th. It took me about 2+ years to get approved by my insurance but finally the time has come.

I have been overweight since I about first grade and I don't remember what it's like to be under 200lbs. I currently weigh in at about 279 with 303 being my highest when I first started pre-op testing.

Currently I am on my pre-op diet, low cal Clear liquids for ten days. I am not doing so well, as there is about 0 Protein in this diet and I feel so lethargic and useless. I just got off the phone with my surgeons office but he is in OR all day. I need them to allow me Protein or such because I can not function, I just lay in bed all day when I don't have to be out running errands. Running errands is a lot of work feeling like this. I'm all for the diet if it's to help me, but I don't think feeling weak and exhausted is what I need in order to get through surgery and heal well.

I wanted to go get some Isopure today but I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed, and the closest GNC is a half hour to 40 minutes away :biggrin: We'll see what happens.

Glad to be a part of this awesome August group! Best wishes to all and I look fwd. to reading more from you all :sad:

Edited by jailin
typo

Jailin - I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad! I hope that you hear from your surgeon's office soon. I certainly would not think it would be healthy for you to be so weak and lethargic. Hang in there!:biggrin:

hey jailin, will you be doing any Protein post-op. thats very essential Im told. feel better soon!!:biggrin:

Congrats!! I just got my surgery date... September 8th.. so close yet so far away :biggrin: So, I am off to find the september bandsters thread. Blessings for all of you :sad:

tzn,

feel free to stay:smile2: there's no rule booting you out due to ur surgery date !!

Hey everyone! I guess it's my turn to introduce myself. My name's Abby and I'm 22 years old. I've been overweight my entire life, usually around 230 with severe dieting. However this last year was really rough for me and I started to eat whatever I wanted. My weight quickly skyrocketed to my current 270. I decided that being obese for over half of my life was long enough and began researching lap-band surgery. So here I am, about to be banded on August 12th! To get here I had to quit smoking and commit to a monthly payment that rivals my car payment! Oh well, I didn't think twice about buying my car, and this is WAY better!

Welcome Abbypoo! Looking forward to getting to know you and watch your progress!

Jailin,

please check with ur nutrionist bcuz a no Protein diet doesnt sound right. If it's Clear Liquids then there are protein powders that you can add, but I think it's very important that you include protein in your diet. You can purchase Isopure and other protein additives either at GNC.com or vitaminshoppe.com . please make sure that you take care of yourself the last thing you need is to make yourself sick....

Hello August bandsters, What a journey we are about to begin! I'm Lisa. I'm 5'3, and currently weigh 250. My highest weight was 265. I will be banded on Aug. 11th. I live just outside San Antonio, Texas. I'm mom to 4 children. Three teenagers and we adopted our special needs daughter 2 years ago who will be 5 in Nov.

I'm so ready to get going. I nearly talked myself out of this last week, but I want my life back to much. Good luck to us all! I can haedly wait until I start hearing how everyone is doing post surgery.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support and comments. I am getting in Protein in through Isopure and chicken breasts. As of Monday-Tuesday I will just use Isopure. I hate hate hate the aftertaste but at least I'm getting my Protein in now.

Still tired but not as much as before.

Pre-op diet is tough, so I wish everyone pre-op the best, you can do it! Did I cheat? Yes, kinda. I had 2 skittles today, and found them way too sweet. And yesterday I hadn't ate since much earlier in the day because I was out, and I was starved, so we stopped at mcdonalds, I got just the grilled chicken breast from a chicken sandwich. No bread, no toppings. Which isn't bad, was just chicken breast, but we all know they are high in sodium and not the best, but yeah that wasn't too terrible and I learned that if I am in a super bind for just 1.60 I can get a chicken breast from them with no frills.

But nothing but clear liquids from here till tuesday then wednesday is surgery, woohoo :)

Best wishes to all pre-ops and everyone getting banded this week!

Hi, I just found this forum, Wow you all have been busy, I am Soul (nickname) - I am 36 years old and weight 255 at my highest and currently 247, I am 5'5". I wasn't overweight my whole life in fact when I had two children I was 130lbs, and was a size 3, well sometime between baby 3 & baby 4 my body did a switch up on me and I started gaining something feirce, and I have yet to lose that 13 year baby fat from my last baby... we have a lot of co-morbitities in my family like diabetis and high blood pressure and I just don't want that in my life. and I have been over 200lbs since 2001 I have tried ever diet out there with little sucess and lots of disappointments. I am excited to be able to change my life.

Hi my name is Maria and I'm being banded on August 17th by Dr. Carson Liu in L.A.. I am currently 238 LBS. and can't wait for my surgery day!!! It has definitly been a journey getting this procedure approved by my insurance. I started the process on April 14th and got my approval on July 24th. I can't wait!!!:biggrin:

Today is my day and I can't sleep, eep! I'm not nervous yet, but once I get there I will be for sure. I hate hospitals, and anesthesia absolutely terrifies me :)

hi everyone .. Im Maria.. from NY .. i am married with two kids... my surgery is August 10th... i am on my liquid diet now. its not horrible ... I have been overweight my whole life... i am currently 245 and 5 feet tall...and i am 34 years old :tongue2: good luck to all my new friends

tzn,

feel free to stay:smile2: there's no rule booting you out due to ur surgery date !!

thanks!!! I needed a place to call home :ohmy: