Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

I have boulders to throw lmao :) lol! I think we all know that I almost never quote the Bible since I'm not religious, but I can throw some stones :frown:)

Sorry that u ladies did not see my post for what it really was. But again, when u are so "ready to attack" u often over look things. I don't have anything negative to say back to anyone. Just really wanted to say that i too was just trying to state my opinion. I wish you all well in your weight loss efforts and think from now on, i will stick to that section of the forum!

Sorry that u ladies did not see my post for what it really was. But again, when u are so "ready to attack" u often over look things. I don't have anything negative to say back to anyone. Just really wanted to say that i too was just trying to state my opinion. I wish you all well in your weight loss efforts and think from now on, i will stick to that section of the forum!

Who attacked you? I'm the only one who even responded to you, and all I said was:

"The people who may find peace with his death are the children that he sexually abused. And of course any future children he was going to abuse."

I think if you're that sensitive that you consider what I said an attack, then maybe you should stay on the weight-loss section of the forum. :thumbdown:

Lori where did u get your sig tag I want one!!!

Julie

I didn't see an attack either Beth....hmmm

I have taken the time to read each of these posts. I am so sorry that so many of you have had such a hard life/childhood. But sometimes that makes us "jaded".

Are you specifically speaking of yourself, or are you lumping others (me?) into that category?

Everything in life is not black or white. Do I know if he abused the people he was accused of abusing? no...What I do know is that someone's father,brother,son is dead and will be missed if only by them. I feel very sorry for the people here that have such "strong" opinions about this when they have undoubtly not been provided all of the facts becasue no one was provided all of the facts.

You haven't been provided all the facts in MY life, yet you feel sorry for me and think I'm jaded. How is it it's okay for YOU to judge ME, but not okay for ME to judge Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson was a musical genius and will be missed if only for that reason. What I pray is for the healing of some of the people on this site.

Right back 'atcha.

I pray that you are able to get strength from whatever has happened to you. As far as Michael Jackson is concerned, May he rest in peace becasue even HE deserves that.

He's DEAD. It's me that wants peace from the media circus. While you're talking to God, put in that request for me, will ya?

Be blessed and remember "let he without sin cast the first stone".

Right there...what was that? I take that last bit to be a dig. Or am I being too "ready to attack"? Were you seriously calling on God's love when you wrote this, or were using that phrase to be judgmental?

Sorry that u ladies did not see my post for what it really was. But again, when u are so "ready to attack" u often over look things.

Again, another passive agressive dig. Does it bother you that people are overt about their defense, since you are so passive in your attack? You're like one of those women who'll look you up and down, and say, "Nice shoes" in a condescending way then back down later and say, "It was a compliment." I may have "angry bitch" written on forehead, but I don't have "stupid" written there, too.

I don't have anything negative to say back to anyone. Just really wanted to say that i too was just trying to state my opinion.

Your opinion is a personal attack on members of this thread. MY opinion is that MJ was a pedophile, perv and underseving of his suddenly sainthood status.

YOUR opinion was to preach us an overused bible quote, call us jaded.

I wish you all well in your weight loss efforts and think from now on, i will stick to that section of the forum!

I also wish you well, thank you.

Just another drive-by that isn't worth your time or blood pressure, Glouc. Besides, if she's true to her word, she has spared us any more of her "wisdom" and has moved on. :thumbdown:

Ha Ha Ha lol Love it Beth!

Very eloquent responses, Glouchester....

This is a "rants" thread,right? You can cast boulders, say how YOU feel about something, disagree, agree, duck and get bashed for it. DH's fav saying: Opinions are like A$$holes...everyone has one. (My point is...every rant thread seems to pick them up along the way).

My husbands work uses the same saying, but with excuses!

In the shop break room at my DH's work, someone had a large sticker on one of the lockers that said "Excuses are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most of them stink!" They come to work one day and management had used labels and covered up what they found offensive and it then said "Exucses are like noses, everyone has one and most of them smell" the guys cracked up! The company is hated, and going broke so they say, and THIS is what they find necessary to "repair" !!! Why didn't they just remove it rather than rephrase it!!!

LOL

I just thought I would check in on this thread to see what folks had to say and I wished I had stayed on the forum just talking about wt. loss and cosmetic surgery. I was saddened by the guy because I thought he had too many issues that he should have dealt with as he certainly had the resources. He had very bad judgement in his relationships and in his use of cosmetic surgery, but he did a huge lot of good for a many thousands of starving people. He was just an injured soul. I hope he finds peace, and for those of you who get some comfort out of hating him and pronouncing him guilty of child molestation and wishing him in hell, I hope all of you find what ever it is that you are supposed to learn from this experience and move on.

Good luck on your life journey.

Corliss

I just thought I would check in on this thread to see what folks had to say and I wished I had stayed on the forum just talking about wt. loss and cosmetic surgery. I was saddened by the guy because I thought he had too many issues that he should have dealt with as he certainly had the resources. He had very bad judgement in his relationships and in his use of cosmetic surgery, but he did a huge lot of good for a many thousands of starving people. He was just an injured soul. I hope he finds peace, and for those of you who get some comfort out of hating him and pronouncing him guilty of child molestation and wishing him in hell, I hope all of you find what ever it is that you are supposed to learn from this experience and move on.

Good luck on your life journey.

Corliss

Don't mean to sound snarky here but I can tell you what I learned from my ten years of childhood sexual abuse. I learned that if it looks like a pedophile, walks and talks like one, it is most likely a pedophile and I have no feeling but contempt for people that inflict abuse.

None of us know for SURE what went on in that "chamber" her had off of his bedroom that was rigged with bells and whistles....but I sure as hell can speculate and come to my own conclusions.:thumbdown:

You know Corliss something you said, really jumped out at me, and it was nothing direct. But you said you wished you had stayed on the wt. loss and cosmetic surgery side of the board, then went on to mention MJ's plastic surgery, and the fact that he did not get the help he needed even with all his resources.

It made me realize that this board or something of the sort for him could have been an anonymous (generally speaking) form of help. All of us here that vent and disagree with one another on whatever subject, are still allowing those feelings, thoughts and emotions OUT! They are not being bottled up, and released in other possibly harmful to ourselves or others, ways.

I have a niece who has issues with low blood sugar, and she just told me last night (no idea of truth or not) that Brittney Spears has the same problem, and she hid it. It is sad that it is ok to show you have alcohol and drug issues, and to be photographed doing all sorts of things, yet it is not ok to be open concerning a TRUE medical issue, over which you have no control of having or not?

Would MJ have been different if he COULD have opened up the can of worms that was his past, and raged over it, and argued with people and wished his abusers ill? If he could have done so in a way such as a forum like this where he was unknown but able to let that out.......Who knows, but it has been proven that keeping all the emotion inside, and not letting yourself deal with causes emotional AND physical problems....obesity among them.

I agree that all signs point me to believing he was a pedophile. I also truly believe he suffered from body dysmorphia (SP?)---he was not much different from people with severe life threatening anorexia, who do really SEE themselves as others do.

Apples, thanks, the steroids about did me in, but slowly I am losing the damn weight.....again!!! I am so ready to simply maintain again it is unreal!