Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

Well they're now going after that guy and his father for lying about it and for getting MJ to pay them money...So I don't know. I bet all those "witnesses" got some of that 22 mill too

Well they're now going after that guy and his father for lying about it and for getting MJ to pay them money...So I don't know. I bet all those "witnesses" got some of that 22 mill too

Perhaps. 22 Million is a lot of money. I can't even wrap my mind around the psychology of essentially dropping a rape case for money.....but then again, I can't wrap my mind around letting my young child spend unsupervised nights alone with such a weird grown man.....so maybe you're right.

I was at work in the convelescent home today and my client watched the whole 2 hours of the memorial, so needless to say, so did I. Through it all, I couldn't help but get teary eyed for those who did love him, like his children and mom and brothers and cousins. They obviously knew him like the public didn't. Whether he was a child molester or not, no one really knows for sure. Either way, his was a life that was lost and whether he is in Heaven with his creator or not certainly was up to his decision on whether to believe and trust in the Savior for his entrance. I hope he did. Just like I would hope that all do. When I really contemplated the whole scene at his memorial, I thought about how this just brings the reality to the world that ALL die eventually and it doesn't matter how much you have, it's not what makes for peace and happiness, you can't take it with you, and it can't save your soul. I can only hope he believed in Jesus.

Great post, patty!:biggrin:

Perhaps. 22 Million is a lot of money. I can't even wrap my mind around the psychology of essentially dropping a rape case for money.....but then again, I can't wrap my mind around letting my young child spend unsupervised nights alone with such a weird grown man.....so maybe you're right.

If they had concrete proof of the abuse, the state would not allow a settlement and they would file the charges, no matter what the boy or his family said. Just an FYI...

Hells yeah!! The may be a lot wrong with our state, Rho, but at least we can legally carry handguns! Yee-Haw!! *dances a little jig and shoots pistols into the air*

Hell! I've got my guns on now, pardnah!

Okay, note to plain: Doing that little finger gun thingie is NOT shooting pistols in the air. And it is not scary. So cut it out. Now. You look ridiculous, man.

Yeah...and the assless chaps don't help, either. Nice boots, though....is that milk-cow hide?

But, then I can't wrap my mind around paying ANYTHING to ANYONE who accused me of doing something I didn't do. Arrest me, criticize me, drag me through senseless legal proceedings -whatever - I would NEVER back down from a charge like that. No matter what. If I'm innocent, I will maintain that.

When he paid the family off, what the hell was he thinking - if he really was innocent?

If they had concrete proof of the abuse, the state would not allow a settlement and they would file the charges, no matter what the boy or his family said. Just an FYI...

"Concrete proof" of abuse typically requires the abused to testify against the abuser. It's always this way, whether it's abuse against a child or a grown adult. Even in cases of adult rape, there isn't "concrete proof" if the rapist says the woman was a willing participant. Rape can be hard to prove. Molestation is that much harder because there is no "concrete proof," no physical proof. Just a child's word against a beloved superstar adult who is adored and has tons of money for the best lawyers. I think you can read where I'm going with this.

When he paid the family off, what the hell was he thinking - if he really was innocent?

That's why I say he's not innocent. Innocent people do not pay one DIME, much less $22 MILLION.

If he was a child molester, I think he would have molested more than just the 2 boys that came forward. Of course it is possible he molested more and they just didn't speak up, but I don't know. I'm just surprised that more didn't speak up if they were molested by him.

Yes That is exactly what I said in the beginning!

Yes That is exactly what I said in the beginning!

Ladies, it happens all the time. If the victim in an adult rape case is reluctant to testify (for whatever reason), often the prosecutor will drop the charges before they compel the victim to testify. Now multiply that by a thousand when the case involves a kid......I mean, how is the prosecutor going to make the kid testify? Threaten him with jail time? No prosecutor in the country would do that.

Not to mention, it's that much harder to get good testimony from a kid when they DO testify. I think many a pedophile gets off because of the fact that it's hard to get good testimony out of kids, if at all. Now multiply that by the fact that Jackson was a beloved entertainer with hundreds of millions. More likely than not it would be near impossible to get a conviction.

I don't have concrete proof of my abuse. And, the other little girl DID tell, and the police DID come by and ask questions, but whatever case could have happened was dropped and he was/is still a free man. (Probably dead now, since he was old then.)

I know what he did to her, and I know she was telling the truth, but it never went anywhere. Her mother removed her from the home (it was in home "daycare" with just the 2 of us and their own grand-kids) and so it was just me left to take more abuse.

No concrete proof, and no 22 million to pay that me or that girl off. I'd say we got screwed twice.

If MJ had been my abuser, maybe she and I would be rich now.

No concrete proof, and no 22 million to pay that me or that girl off. I'd say we got screwed twice.

If MJ had been my abuser, maybe she and I would be rich now.

I'd say you'd still be screwed. He was into little boys.