Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Morning gals

Glad to see you terry. Love you

I am having a hard time with thoughts of Kev this week, feel like i'm going to be alone and worthless forever, but it will pass, I hope. I know I deserve so much more. I think hard week because I requested family court papers and they came yesterday and I know I need to fill them out.

Just going to be a nightmare.

Hope you all have a good day, we finally have summer here, 85 today! YIPEE

Good morning!!

I have some blueberries left from the other days Buckle trial, I think tonight when I get home I am going to make banana blueberry bread. If somebody has a better suggestion email a recipe!! No nuts though.

I have a busy day at work, plus I am not so crabby today, so I sure a happier day will be had!!

Everyone have a good day and remember tgif!!!

Hey girls!

Not much time, I am off to work, last day this week--YAY!! Something wierd going on there, but not sure what!

Had a really good time at the fair last night. Went with Becky & Gary, and no kids. We did run into their youngest son and his wife, but they have no kids yet, so we didn't have to run herd on anyone except the husbands! It had been a long time since we had managed to connect schedules and go anywhere together.

We laughed until my sides hurt this morning. We were calmly walking through the rabbit barn....and there was this cute little bunny butt up against the edge of his cage. It looked so soft, and since it was at the opposite end as the teeth, I casually touched it. OMG! The rabbit jumped straight up in the air, and when he did, his feet sprayed Becky with hay, and rabbit food, she screeched, I screeched, and the poor rabbit had to be peeled off the roof of the cage I think. It was such a huge and sudden move it freaked us all out! And it was started, Becky and I could not stop laughing. Even typing it to you, I see the same wide eyed freaked out look on both Becky's and the rabbits faces. And I know--I jumped literally off the ground when it did, it scared the you know what outta me! Was hilarious. Sounds lame....guess ya had to be there!

Terry, keep going to your meetings. And know lots of love is coming your way.

Tracy.....I'da been watching Willie Wonka too!!!

I gotta go....dang work!

Good morning, Violets..

We are off to see the far away grandkids. Everyone have a great weekend. Summer is finally here in Northern Michigan. Three days of upper 80's and I'm not going to be anywhere near my pool. sighhhhhhhhh Oh well, it will be worth it to see the kid's house and spend time with the new grandpup as well as the family.

Be good to yourselves!! Will check in on Monday evening.

Jane-hope you have a better day :thumbup:

Hi everyone-lots to do today. Going shopping to get the stuff for Macys b-day party at my sisters tomorrow. Then gonna finish off some school clothes shopping. Stores are gonna be horribly packed this weekend because of the 'tax free' weekend. Ugh, I would rather be BEAT....maybe I will wait until its over to finish up. We'll see.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

Haydee-did you ever make a final decision on a dress?

Jenn :(

PAMELA-I know you are a happy camper that Jessie is gone! LOL :thumbup: (i will kind of miss him) I knew that was going to happen and when I got your text...I really knew it! lol

Morning girls...

Pammy - I hope you have a good weekend. Stay strong. And 9 hours with your brother isn't that bad. Could be worse! Love you.

Terry - Things sound very difficult for you right now but I get the sense that you have better coping mechanisms this time around. Sounds like you had a good time with Hannah at the gym. Keep doing that. Even if your eating is not so good as long as you keep moving and spending time with her it will help you both physically and emotionally...

Jenn - STAY STRONG. You are doing so good so far. Keep up with you, with your kids and with your routines and don't leave time to wallow in the misery that he always brings to your life. I can always tell when he's touched your day. You sound sad and blue and it SHOULDN'T be like that.

Jane - I was cracking up this morning when I was reading your post about the colonoscopy. ohmygawd the nerve of these people to argue with you when you tell them that you would have remembered getting something shoved up your a$*, lol. Too too funny...

Suzie - mmmm burgers sound so good. It's been way way too hot to grill here... We are waiting on the fall to start doing our outside stuff. For now we are contect to stay in the A/C.

Kat - the fair sounds like so much fun! We haven't been to one of those in years! Poor rabbit!

Judy - have fun this weekend! The property your son bought sounds amazing. We've always thought about some day buying an acre or two and building a house on it. Someday...

I'm so so glad today is FRIDAY! Yay yay yay. I've got tons of work to finish today but I'm in such a good mood. My house is clean, I have nothing pending this weekend. We are going fishing on Sunday. Life is good for this chica...

My boss got a new little flip camera today so he's going around filming us. I'm so so glad I decided to forgo makeup and stay up late last night and have a glass of rum punch. Bloated and blotchy is exactly how I want to appear on our office video post on Facebook...

Tracy - no, I haven't decided on the dress yet. I won't start trying stuff on until December. I'm "trying" to see how much I can lose. Umm, it's not really working, LOL.

Jane - the only thing I know how to do with blueberries is a cobbler. Let me know if you try the banana blueberry thing. I would think that combination tastes good!

Hello everyone and happy Friday!!!

Terry, I have been watching this program on TV in the wee hours of the morning when the baby is eating called Intervention (maybe on TLC). It goes through the life of a person dealing with addiction and they think they are doing a documentary on addiction. What they are really filming is a family intervention and it goes through codependency and how our efforts to help those in need often go awry and allow them to stay addicted. Not that a tv program will really help, but it gives you a sense of perspective when you see how others must set boundaries and you also can see how they work out in the end. I highly recommend the show.

I wanna go to the fair!!! I haven't been for too long.

There is a Feast of the Assumption in Little Italy in Cleveland this weekend. I am thinking about walking around with Ayla and taking a look-see. Perhaps I will invite a friend. I wonder if cannoli is band friendly???

Hmm, I wonder if I could forget that I had a colonoscopy . . . I don't think so, lol.

Hey girlies...

I slept in 'til 9:30 this morning because this is it... the last day until I don't know when that I can do that... tomorrow morning begins 8am soccer tryouts & then a.m. practices all next week & then SCHOOL!... plus I was up 'til after midnight finishing "The Help"... good book... it takes place in the early 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi, but I kept having to remind myself that, as to me I had a hard time believing that that kind of black/white nonsense was so bad so recently (in my lifetime); I kept thinking I was reading about the '20s or something! I recommend it.

You'll never believe this (I sure don't!)! So on Monday my car gets a new idle control motor; I drive it on Tues & it's fine; on Weds DH drives it and the check engine & some other light pop on! :thumbup: & they've been on ever since. The car is still operating fine, though. DH is so mad! He's off today & he's taking back in... ay yai yai! For a car that's never given me a moment's trouble... it's been nothing but since July!

Thanks for the love, Pam & everyone... I'm ok... not surprisingly, DH & I haven't yet had our big "talk"... honestly, it's because we haven't had the time... we're in & out & up & down & working & taking kids places... probably part of the problem, I know. BUT... even the teeny tiny bit I shared w/him that day on the phone I think helped... I think it shook both of us out of our complacency and routine and taking each other for granted. So I'm feeling a bit better... & plan to continue to open up more regularly than holding it in.

I think that's it from here for now... starting tomorrow through next week is CrAzY around here w/the 2-a-day soccer practices + every day pom practices + kids' doc app'ts (got to squeeze them in before school starts!), etc... so don't fret if I'm not around much... school starts the 24th, & I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine.

Smooches!

Our tax free weekend was last weekend, I got a new work laptop (omg Best Buy made you wait in this stupid line for an associate; we didn't need one but had to wait anyway), and clothes.

School started here this past week, and 3 days in a row we've had a major wreck on the interstate, so all 3 lanes to my house are like a parking lot. First time, we were running late getting home from work as it is-and Carson eats as soon as we get home, so he was cranky.. then we get stuck on the interstate for an hour. He was screaming the entire time, I crawled in the back and just stuck my finger in his mouth and tried to console him.. and learned from that, to carry the stuff to make an emergency bottle.

He didn't sleep last night either, 1-5am, maybe 1 hour total spread over 5-10m at a time. So of course, I'm on 2 nights of no sleep. Good thing I got a mini-vaca last weekend.

I don't know what's going on, I don't feel buds for teething. I think I may need to go back to Nutramagen, he seems pretty gassy, maybe it's hurting him. Curse the breastmilk problems!!!

I learned how to make my McD's iced mochas at home. Had one this morning, I approve, it's a lot cheaper, and we didn't have to go to McD's. Plus I got to add extra expresso, since well.. I need it!!!

We're celebrating Russ' bday this weekend at the cookout. My cousin Lindsey too.. who, I don't know if I told ya'll (probably not, I've been QUIET eek)... she's a sports nut, plays all sports, was working on a scholarship with volleyball and softball... she had volleyball camp this summer (3 of them, which confused me), so at her 3rd one; she tore her ACU (I think that's right, the thing in your knee..maybe ACL). She had to have surgery, she's in PT now, and they told her she can't play sports again. I haven't seen her since this all happened, not sure how she feels about it. She wants to go into sports medicine ironically, so I guess she could still do that, but without the scholarship, not sure what they will do..

Hello everyone and happy Friday!!!

Terry, I have been watching this program on TV in the wee hours of the morning when the baby is eating called Intervention (maybe on TLC). It goes through the life of a person dealing with addiction and they think they are doing a documentary on addiction. What they are really filming is a family intervention and it goes through codependency and how our efforts to help those in need often go awry and allow them to stay addicted. Not that a tv program will really help, but it gives you a sense of perspective when you see how others must set boundaries and you also can see how they work out in the end. I highly recommend the show.

Thanks Heather. I've been watching Intervention (on A&E) for about 2 years! I even record it on DVR! I don't know why I'm so fascinated by it, but I am. Yep, I've learned a lot from that show! My hubby just thinks I"m weird for watching it so regularly. As a matter of fact, the only shows I record are Intervention, Obsessed (about OCD) and In Treatment (fictional psychotherapist)...LOL. Hmmmm. Maybe i could use a little 'treatment' myself! :thumbup:

I watch those too Terry! I just started Obsessed, I don't really like it.. dare I say, it's boring. There's always 1 interesting story, and then one boring one.. and since they flip back and forth my ADD gets tired of it hehe.

Sadly if you watch the Intervention follow ups, it's no more hope really than the reality of things. It can take a lifetime to get clean, and doing an intervention isn't the kick in the pants people need to be motivated. They really have to hit rock bottom and want it for themselves.

Heather - I love canoli and yes, unfortunately it's very band "friendly" lol... goes right down!

OH my gosh, I feel so so bad for your cousin Lindsey. Especially since it's her leg! Juan played baseball all through his youth and in high school he was being offered scholarships and was being scouted by minor league teams. Then he tore his ACL on his elbow. He never pitched again. Hasn't picked up a baseball since...

Laura - is Carson still staying with your mom on Saturdays? If so then you will get some rest tomorrow!