Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

I just remembered Michelle, I meant to ask you when you were talking about your car perils. Which was worse, going up the hill with Judy and I, or being stalled????

Wow, first one in am to post! That is very unusual!!

I hope that means everyone is out having fun, not stuck in a rut someplace............

See you tonight!!

good morning gals

hope you all have a good day, going to get my hair done in an hour.

It has been hotter here, but it is just down right tropical with the storms coming through, I actually turned my ac on downstairs for the 1st time yesterday and i can tell it is going on again soon.

Make it a good one

Morning girls. Today is CTCD and that is exactly what I am going to do. CTC. Not just the eating but also the fooling myself that just one bite won't hurt. The crap that I feed myself by thinking I can fool the band. It's over with.

Michelle, hope that a new morning brings you a new look on things and that all will find it's way back to a somewhat normal life for you. I'm hoping you and hubby are just going thru a little small bad patch and that both of you will soon realize how much you mean to each other and that all the crap is just that, crap and nothing else. You guys have come to far and you're love will get you thru all the rest. Hang in there Honey.

Gonna get dressed and go take a good walk, weather is lovely right now. 66 degrees, great walking weather.

Make it a good one today.

Back from my walk and I was gonna make some zuccini bread and found out I'm about 1 cup short on the sugar. I'll run to the store after while.

In the meantime I've got a cucumber and onion I need to slice up. Do I mix equal amounts of Water and vinegar? I've looked up several recipes and they all tell me something different. Some add dill and some sugar. I'm so confused.

Michelle, I am so sorry you are feeling down and going through a rough patch. Hopefully things will work out soon.

I hit someone's vehicle yesterday . . . in my own driveway believe it or not. I have never damaged anyones car before in my life. I had a repairman working on replacing a shed door and he had his huge work van sitting at the end of my driveway. I got too close and scraped his driver side door with the area near the back passenger wheel of my car. His van only has a few scrapes. My car looks like crap with scrapes, denting around the area. I am so upset with myself I don't even want to think about it.

On a side note, the baby screamed with laughter last night while we were playing with her. It was the first time :0). I tried so hard to get her to do it again but no such luck. It was unbelievably cute.

I hate to ask these bland questions, but what is CTCD?

I tried to look it up online instead of asking but there are a gazilion acronyms, none of which look likely. I had to laugh at one of the most popular which was courage the cowardly dog.

Good morning~

Today is Macys 6th B-Day. Unbelievable. :w00t: We are going to a a place called Incredible pizza today. It is along the lines of a Chuck E cheese but this is a buffet type place. Just what I need, right? lol Her actual b-day party is Saturday @ my sisters house. This is just a couple of her friends and us so they can recognize her b-day and they can play :sneaky:

Pamela-I am definitely loving BB!!

Have a great day everyone!

Heather.... CTCD= Cut The Crap Day just a little violet slogan meaning we will not eat crap for today :w00t:

Happy Birthday to You.:sneaky:

Happy Birthday to You.:blink:

Happy Birthday Dear Macy,:frown:

Happy Birthday to You.:w00t:

And Many More.:w00t:

Suzie.. here's the recipe for cucumbers that I use. It's good for 3 bean salad too.

1/2 cup sugar(I use splenda)

2/3 cup vinegar

1/3 cup salad oil

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Hi girls! I hope everyone is doing well...

Heather - oh, I bet Ayla is so darn cute! Have you posted more updated pics on FB yet?

Michelle - sorry for your troubles. Wish I could help but I'm the last person to be giving out relationship advice. The only thing I can say is that if he doesn't want to try counseling then maybe you can go by yourself? That way when he sees that you're making an effort he will want to do the same?

Pamela - sending hugs your way. I hope you get through this weekend ok and know that you are so loved!

Laura - how did you dad do in Tunica? Did Carson miss you?? I love that video you posted of him on FB. You're gonna have to come see me for a weekend so I can pinch his chubby cheeks!

Kat - your new grandbaby is adorable! How's Connor doing now? Did he get better as far as his fussing?

Everything is good with me. Juan's brother is home from Cornell for a few days so we took advantage and went to the river for the weekend. He is leaving on Wednesday again. We haven't seen him much since he started his doctorate degree. He's always working...

I've been busy at the house too. We installed new baseboards so my house is kinda upside down right now...

I really really want wood floors in my bedroom but that will have to wait for another couple of months...

We are doing good so far with the weddind budget. We are paying everything in full as it comes up so that we are not stuck with big balances next year. We booked the videographer, the photographer, the makeup/hair person. I'm actually kinda scared because they haven't given me a concrete YES on the date at church. I still have to meet with the priest but I can't set up a meeting with him until the counselor sends in a letter outlining her recomendations of what we need to work on. I called her yesterday and she said she would do that next week. UGH. So once she finally gets around to sending that letter I then need to SCHEDULE and appt with the priest. Who knows how long that's gonna take... So as you can see, I'm just a little bit worried that when I finally do get around to booking my date that it's already gonna be taken up. I will be so sad!

ok, sorry for the novel... i'll be back!

For the cucumbers, when I made that it turned into a soggy mess. The cucumbers let off so much Water. How do I prevent that? Do I have to toss it right before we eat?

Thanks Judy. I used just 3 tablespoons of sugar. Hubby doesn't like it on the sweet side. Now my house smells, yummy.