Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Morning everyone

so very quiet here,

Michelle, glad you feel better

Kat, go you staying away from the ice cream and doing 11 minutes.

I did another 45 mins of Water aeorbics. My body feels so much better, my legs have not kept me up the last 2 nights, so there is my clue, I am going to continue to do this even when i close the pool, back to the Y when the kids go back to school, until then, I am going to continue to walk and do that every day I can get in the pool. My friend and our girls have been doing it with me and it was fun

My arms looked good last week and one night i went to bed and woke up with bat wings. I got my weights out 2 days ago too to try to get them back in shape before i can fly away.

Make it a good one, nice cooler day today so going to finish my coffee and go for a walk.

Good morning,Violets..

Terry... hugs to you and praying for you and Evan. Stay strong and know this is not about you. It's his choices and his consequences.

Michelle..you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Janie.... compacted, eh? Gravity sucks!! It's been working on me for a long time.

We had our meetings yesterday about the pastor and his job performance. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I put my 2 cents worth in. The staff also made their feelings known. I just wish the pastor would have enough guts to say this isn't working, I need to find another church before he destroys this one.

Hospital volunteer shift today and then hopefully some pool time. It's going to be 78 today, but it's only 58 right now. The Water temp is still 88 so I'll make it in one way or another. Just would like some sunshine so I can work on my tan also.

Roomie.... I finished that Sweetness book. I enjoyed it. Also finished the newest James Patterson book. I'm now on Best Friends Forever.. I try and get a couple chapters read each day, but it's a challenge to get off Facebook to do it! :blink:

The Bobster was at Kris's house last night grandpup sitting while they are out of town. I had the bed to myself, but couldn't sleep well cause I kept thinking of the church and what's ahead.

No work for Joe today so no Ethan, but we're going to pick him up this afternoon for some swim time and Gramma time.

Everyone have a great day. And no, Haydee.. GOOD BOY, would not be what I would be saying to the Bobster.... believe me, it wouldn't!!

I wouldn't be saying Good boy to Rick either!!! I am much more passive aggressive than that! I would find something he seriously did not want to be late to, and let him be! Let it affect him! LOL, not very nice, I know, it would be better to discuss it, but I'd let it bite him in the butt personally!!!

I have a pet peeve along that line, with parents! I see it sooooo much now being back out in the public eye. Parents thanking their kids for EVERYTHING! They sit there and kick their Mom, and when they finally quit after being told umpteen times, Mom thanks them! GRRRRRRR!!!!! When a child behaves without being reprimanded, and a parent thanks them for the excellent behaviour then that is fine, does not bug me a bit, but when they praise rotten actions, it tells me that kid is going to grow up feeling entitled to praise for doing nothing worthwhile.....we have tons of them now!

My son is cooking fajitas tonight---he has a huge disc he cooks on, over an open fire. He ask DIL what she wanted and that was her answer. So he is cooking that, I am picking up cake and ice cream. Hope she does not do too much. BUT the biggie here, is I get to huggle on the new little guy tonight!!!

Well I guess I better get it in gear and get out of here. It is feeling like fall outside.....makes me sad.

We have such HUGE temperature changes this time of year. We wake up to the high 40's and then it soars into the upper 90's through the day. I hit the heat on the trip to work, and the AC on the way home!

See y'all after the birthday party.

Terry, My heart goes out to you and Evan. It was a decision you had to make that very well could help in recovery. It takes a strong woman to have the strength to do that.

Michelle, I think just talking it out defuses the feelings tremendously. When I have something that needs discussion, I keep thinking about the conversation and building up stronger feelings (positive or negative) until I have it. Perhaps you need a little one on one time.

Hello to everyone else.

Good morning girls. The heat is killing me here... I should be used it to but every summer all I do is complain, lol.

Kat - I agree on the comment you made about the kids. I see it happen all the time. I have much to learn about kids and marriage though and lots of navigating to do. I talked about that issue with Juan last night and how I felt it was demeaning to him to praise him for being on time. He suggested not praising him for being on time but every once in awhile acknowleging that he's been on time for the past few events since I know how hard it is for him to get his timing under control. I agreed to do that. WOW, compromise...

I have a silly question to ask. The other day a lady at work brought in some zucchini. I brought 2 home to make some bread with. Can you tell the difference between a cucumber and a zucchini?

Suzie

I can tell the difference, different color and small zuccini are usually thinner than cucumbers. In the summer I love farm stand zuccini, make zuccini parm, pancakes, sauted with onion and garlic, shredded in an omlet. I would eat it ever day if I could

Hey Girls~

Terry, I am thinking about you! Hang in there! I have no perils of wisdom, but I am here for you!

Michelle, thinking of you as well! Hope the "bump" is mellowing out a bit. Communication is our "issue" as well. I knew that it would be from the beginning. It is hard but I and we both work at it. My only advice is to MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY. Seriously...be happy sista because life is short.

Haydee, I am glad ya'll came to a compromise. But what is he "giving" you if you are dishing the pos. reinforcement? I agree w/ the "good boy" is not right...for you or him. Keep the details coming on the wedding...I LOVE TO HEAR IT!

I am a bit hungover...we went out and had a great night. Had these drinks called Sweet Tarts! They are so good...made w/ Grape Vodka! Gonna CHILLAX today!

xooxxo

He suggested not praising him for being on time but every once in awhile acknowleging that he's been on time for the past few events since I know how hard it is for him to get his timing under control. I agreed to do that. WOW, compromise...

Sounds good to me . . . and if it works and improves relations, it is such a small cost for a big advantage. :blink:

Well, I made 2 loaves of bread and I swear they smell like cucumbers. I'll wait till they cool and cut and try one. Holy Cow.

the difference is i love zucchini bread. cucumber bread, not so much...

Heather - yes I agree with you. I think relationships have to have small compromises in order gain bigger advantages. One of the things we learned was we have to figure out what things in our personalities are we flexible on and what things are we just not budging on. One of Juan's things is that he hates it when I walk in on him while he's in the rest room. To me it was never a big deal and we used to have big fights about it. If I need something and he's in there I don't see the big deal with just opening the door and getting it. I eventually learned that this is very important to him and I had to just STOP. This was such a petty little thing to me but such a huge deal to him.

Lesson learned. If it smells like a cucumber than it most likely is and doesn't make for good bread. What a waste.

Haydee, My bathroom is off limits and I treat Hubby's the same way, and that is hard for me because the laundry room is in his bathroom. I always find myself standing outside holding the basket till he gets done. There are a few other things I have to compromise on but the reward is beyond belief. I have a husband who no matter what, loves me, has my back and treats me like a princess. It still is frustrating though and that is what marriage is all about. Loving your other more than you love yourself. Loving them enough to give up a few things, heck, I would even give up a kidney if I needed to. You'll learn over time, it will come to you.

see i'm not weird about the bathroom because i grew up with all girls and we were just so used to having the door open and we never cared about that. that's why it was so weird to me. me and my sisters would have our best conversations while someone is on the toilet! We would shout, "i'm on the toilet someone come talk to me!" ha ha ha...