Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Home from our little day trip. We had a really good time and enjoyed seeing the kids. We stopped by the cheese factory and picked out a few to bring home. We sampled some funky tasting ones.

Off to go get ready for bed. Long day ahead of me tomorrow.

Have a good one.

Morning, off to work. I'll check in later.

Hope all had a great weekend. I know hubby and I did.

Good morning, Violets..

Back from our trip and now off to my volunteer shift at the hospital early so we can go to a funeral this morning. Nathan's grandpa died Friday. He was 84 and had been in failing health. His best day was a week ago when he was on the floor playing with Grady. It went downhill very fast after that.

Had a real bad thunderstorm here yesterday. Lots and lots of rain. It's very humid. I hope to get some pool time in this afternoon.

Off to shower and get ready to go.

Everyone have a great day.

oops.. change of plans. Going in to work on Wednesday instead of today. Now I have more time to chill before heading out.

Edited by Teachlady

Hello everyone . . . just a fast checkin but I'll write more later.

I had a good weekend but definitely tooo short.

Kat, the baby is absolutely gorgeous :0).

Morning gals

kind of bummin, super pms and bloated and gained a lb. I can't really feel guilty about it because I know it is TOM and I was golden good yesterday.

Hope you all had a good weekend

I'm going to JCP today they are having a big sale and I have aa $10 off coupon so I'm going to get ds his shoes for school, he has wide feet and Vans work the best for him, so $29 is a good deal.

getting things tgether around here getting ready for our Atlantic City Trip, Leaving Sat or Sunday early with the kids to spend 3 days at the beach.

It is not as nice as my regular vacation spots but for a free vac and close to home... sign me up. I still get beach and fun. We are going to bring bagles and cream cheese, lunch meat and rolls and chips and our own drinks so we will only eat out for dinner.

Anyway, would love to walk but I think today is going to be a day off, Judy has send her storms this way, we had most of them during the night but they have not left yet. 87 hot and humid today, tomorrow will be a great pool day.

Good morning friends~

Went and got little Macy from my sister yesterday evening. I love when she goes to mom & aunt julies but I LOVE to get her home too! She lights me up inside :wub:

Yesterday morning a friend of dh said HEY...i have 4 free astros tickets because my son is sick...come get 'em and have a great time...so we got to go to the ballgame yesterday. We havent been all year so that was FUN! We won :blink:

I SMELL A CIVIL SUIT against Mexico! Count me in! I am starting up another civil suit against BlueBell Ice Cream :thumbup:

Have a fantastic day everyone. I love ya'll!!!

We're back -- ds's team won the championships! Yay! Too bad it was about 100 out... phew!!

Did I tell you all about my car problems? That about once a week it won't start until I gun the gas? I took it in & they said they couldn't find anything wrong w/it. Well, it happened twice on Saturday and then the WORST thing happened ... while I was driving it (going only about 5mph but still...) it just STOPPED & the steering locked up! :thumbup: I was a wreck after that! But what was I supposed to do, stuck down in the boonies on a Saturday eve?? So I got it going again & just prayed like crazy & it was fine the rest of the weekend... I drove it straight to the repair guy last night... dh picked us up there... I had the worst stomach pains (I think a combo of being in that heat all day + not eating much + worry) the whole time driving the 3 hrs home (stupid beltway traffic!!) & when we got to the repair place I just burst into tears.

So they call this a.m. & are replacing the idle control motor to the tune of mega hundreds of dollars. Lovely. Of course dh is hopping mad... we *just* paid off the Sept. Disney trip (all cash that I saved, btw) & he's all "rickin' frickin'"... ugh.

I am in a *very* bad place emotionally w/him right now... I have been for quite awhile... but the last month has really been hard... usually I just try to ride out these types of feelings... I chalk it up to life's ebbs & flows... & it does usually abate & things go back to "normal"... but somehow that's not working this time & I think we need to hash out some things & it's not going to be pleasant... we are NOTORIOUS for our horrible communication skills & always taking things the wrong way w/each other, etc... you'd think after knowing each other for 28 years we'd have this worked out, but evidently not... sorry to go on & on about this... I don't even know why I'm typing this... I'll probably delete it... but maybe not... & I keep thinking about what Terry said about folks out there having it way worse than us... & then I feel like I need to just suck it up and be grateful for all I have, which I am, it's not that... ugh... I don't know... I am very sad inside and just want to cry... I usually just keep it all bottled up -- WHICH IS WHY I AM FAT, BECAUSE I EAT TO NUMB MYSELF & KEEP THE FEELINGS BURIED UNDER ALL THAT SUGAR!

Sorry. Ack!

Michelle...

So sorry you are going through this. Have you considered counseling?? Sounds like some counseling on communication issues needs to be done. The worst thing to do would be not to take this seriously. Would DH be willing to go to someone for help??? Would you???

Hang in there.. we're here for you. Let out anything you need to in here. Love you, Roomie..(((hugs)))

OH Michelle, I hate to hear things like that!! I am so sorry you are having difficulty!! No fair!!! I wish I could add my two cents about being married, but I can't. Hang tough and hopefully you will find the path to get you through this!!

Michelle

sorry to hear you are so sad, I am not the one to give any advice...

We actually did go to counselling w/the emphasis on communication about 10 years or so ago... so we know what we're doing and what to do but we just tend to slip back into old habits... most likely if we actually talk then we'll clear the air and everything will be ok... I'm probably being overdramatic... thanks for putting up with me!

Thanks Judy and Michelle for the Blueberry Buckle recipe!! Yummy!!

The topping wasn't very crumbly, any suggestions?

Thanks Judy and Michelle for the Blueberry Buckle recipe!! Yummy!!

The topping wasn't very crumbly, any suggestions?

When I make it, the topping isn't that crumbly.. it's more of a crusty type thing.

My neighbor came over the other day and asked if she can use my pool to do Water aeorbics, of course I said yes, she is older, and she made me a copy of her 45 and 60 minute cd's that have instructions for aerobics. We did it today, i'm sore, but felt great. It was way too hot to walk.

Hope you all have a good night and all is well, I can't wait for TOM i feel like crap.

Hi girls~

Michelle, it is times like this that I wish I could come over and take you out for a drinky-poo. Sorry you are going through some shit right now...especially when it is all hitting the fan at the same time. Hang in there sweetie.

Well, I lied to you all. I promised I would have "after" pics for you and last night cried for about a half an hour (Michelle, maybe something is going around w/ us), and this morning...OMG I could barely see through the small slits I had for eyes. I swear, I could not see out of the left one. I did go workout and did another 20 min on the eliptical + some machines. The sweating helped w/ some of the swelling. I had my meeting today for the HRC and wanted to put a bit of makeup on...but NNNOOOO not w/ those eyes.

I did go into work this morning and paid 2 kids to set up the room!!! That feels so good to have that done! I am going in after we work out in the am...there is no AC in the classrooms yet, so it is early am trips only for now.

Sooo I promise I will get some after pix before I leave on Friday. Speaking of which, I am driving up w/ bro on Friday to Reno, and will be flying home on Monday. Susanne is going to stay home this trip. Since we are not spreading the ashes (step mom just CAN NOT do it yet...and we all support it). So that is what we are doing.

Sorry I didn't pop on all day. Was a busy day. Michelle...call me if you want to dish, curse, or come over! xooxoxxo

Judy....LOVED the pix of FB of you 3 in the pool...can't believe how big he is!

xoxoxo

Tracy...are you LOVIN' BB! I love Jeff...hope he is smart on Thursday and gets rid of Nat or Jess!

xooxoxxo