Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

For the cucumbers, when I made that it turned into a soggy mess. The cucumbers let off so much Water. How do I prevent that? Do I have to toss it right before we eat?

sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and put them in a strainer on top of a bowl for about an hour. The liquid will drain out into the bowl. Then mix in the ingredients and put in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Morning Girlies~

I did 22 min today on the eliptical!!! Hells Yeah! I will make my goal by the time school starts! That is awesome for me...cardio sucks and is hard...and it is the key to weight loss (regardless of what Time Mag says). I had my heart rate up to 154 for most of the 22 min (at least up to 140 the whole time...well not the first 3 min.). Anywho...I am proud of myself, and I did crunches, ass, shoulders and triceps today. WOOHOO.

Happy Birthday Macy!

Going to school again today to do some work. There is no air conditioner on...and it is hot as hell. But we are going in sweaty since we just left the gym.

Then tonight...it is drinks @ DINKS (Dual Income No Kids...which makes up 70% of our population). Anyway...looking forward to chillaxing w/ some ppl from work!

Have a great day everyone! Haydee, I love hearing the wedding details!

xoxoxoxo

A devious imp was sitting on my shoulder all morning long whispering in an intoxicating voice . . . go ahead and eat that cream filled chocolate covered donut or it might go to waste. Afterall it is almost lunch time and no one has touched it.

So I ate the donut.

. . . and where oh where was that little angel surrounded with crystalic light triumphantly shouting "thou shalt not eat donuts?"

Why she came a little too late and donned the gray robe of guilt and self loathing.

Why did I eat the donut? Because it was there. I still have a lot to learn about willpower. Phooey on me this morning.

Hey guys

Too hot to walk, so doing the 45 min Water aerobic cd in the pool again this afternoon and just mowed the lawn,

inside drinking some lemon water an heading back out.

hope you are all doing well.... so quiet around here

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACY!

I meant to ask ya'll...

We had our first meeting with the marriage counselor last week. She asked us what was one of the major "arguments" that we had on a recurring basis. I told her that it was about time. That I always like to be on time for stuff and Juan can NEVER be on time for anything. I have to lie to him and tell him things start at X time when in reality they start 1/2 hr to 45 min later just so that we're not late. After some counseling about it and some back and forth between us one of the things that she told me what I also needed to start doing was to THANK him when he managed to be on time. I didn't say anything just kinda looked at her. Seriously? We need to THANK our husbands for doing something that a responsible adult would normally do? I didn't get her reasoning? Is it like they are children and you try to get something through positive reinforcement? Like GOOD BOY, you made it on time, GOOD BOY.... And then over time he'll love the GOOD BOY's so much that he'll want to be on time to hear them?? I'm making a joke but is this really how it's done?

Hi all --

I am heartbroken today. Evan 'broke the rules' and I had to ask him to find another place to live. :( It's not something I wanted to do but something I had to do to give him the best shot at a real recovery.

I'm sad :(

aww Terry that sucks. I'm sorry that this happened. I think you did the right thing though... Stay strong. We love you...

OOO Terry...I am sorry to hear this. As you are learning, you have to walk the line to help people recover. By you staying strong it will help him in the long run. We are here if you need us. And remember, one day at a time applys to you as wel! :(:(:grouphug:

I'm so sorry Terry

xoxoxoxo

Terry, I'm sending you a hug. Use as needed. :(

I just remembered Michelle, I meant to ask you when you were talking about your car perils. Which was worse, going up the hill with Judy and I, or being stalled????

HANDS DOWN it was going up (& then back down) the hill w/you & Judy. Not even close on that one!!! LOLOLOLOL!! :(

Oh Terry, I am so sorry. I know when we turned our son away---it was without a doubt one of the hardest things we had ever done--but we knew he was using, and that was not an option in our home. That was many years ago, and I support the decision, I feel like us taking that stance helped in his recovery. Love to you!!

I talked to Jane tonight, was so good to talk to her!!!

I am off---Pamela made me feel guilty---I have an elliptical in the extra room posing as a clothes rack. I am going to go clean it off, and get on it. Right now, before I dive into a carton of ice cream.....

BBL

((Terry))

Got a new idle control motor on my car yesterday...

One of my bestest bff's for the last 16 years who lives in NC & her sons came for a visit today... they're visiting her Mom in N. Va... our kids are all w/in a year of each other, and get along SO SO well... & she & I just pick up wherever we are like we haven't been apart at all & talk nonstop for hours (sound familiar, Haydee?)... so it was a better day.

DH & I haven't had a "talk" yet... no time... we seem to be on opposite schedules & are never alone... but just saying what I did say to him helped me, I think... keeping stuff crammed inside just makes it feel bigger & more festery (is that a word)... let a little out, and ahhhh... it feels a bit better. Thanks for all the support, love & encouragement. You have no idea how much it means to me that you're here!!

Terry, I wish I could say something to make it better, but a big violet virtual hug!!

Just remembering the hill thing made me chuckle all over again Michelle.

I went to a new Dr. this am, and didn't like her. It was a very odd visit. This was my first time to see her and she was recommended by the lap band nurse. I am not really sure I want to switch to somebody else I don't like. How do you switch Dr.s? I have switched because my Dr. moved out of state, then the new one quit. My weight was up and my height was down!! I am getting more compacted?!? I always joked that I need to shop at the squat store, but that is becoming more true!!

Okay need to do cleaning and stuff!

Good talking to you Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it---not for as long as Pamela! But I did 11 minutes before my legs turned to spaghetti noodles!!!

I avoided the ice cream craving.

Ice cream woulda been more fun!!! But I would have been feeling guilty, so I guess this was for the best!

I think I actually managed Suzie's CTCD. Under protest, and only due to lack of time, but I did it!!! LOL

I am off to the shower and then to bed. Work is kickin' my butt.

Rumor at Rick's work is that they are to become a sattelite office, which would do away with almost all of their local management. Good move in my opinion, they keep weeding out the workers, and the office cats just sit there doing nothing more than licking their paws looking superior. Time to eliminate some of that, and let the workers, work.

Will hopefully work out for Rick, remains to be seen. If they whittle them down, he has a few months seniority, but the other guy has the native status in his favor. Here they CAN and DO hire with Native American preference. Told Rick that is when we find an attorney! Age and race discrimination!

See y'all tomorrow. Taking a cake out to my DIL tomorrow for her birthday, so I may not make it in, but will try, and all is well.

Hugs!