Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Have fun Tracy

I'm getting things together here and then I'm heading away until Tuesday.

Off to take my Mom shopping, and get this....going to start my Christmas shopping in earnest today!! I have a coupon, a preferred customer coupon, good today only, and it gives me such a great price, I am off to buy sheets for the kids today. 600-1200 thread count egyptian cotton sheet sets--come with 4 pillowcases, and will take them down to the neighborhood of $40.00 a set!!! Get those and stash them, and making the first purchase---always gets me going then!! We bought Rick's Moms birthday the other night at the fair. They had a special price on the local newspaper, half off, so we bought her a years subscription. She pours over ever single inch, she reads every legal, every tidbit!!!

Better go pick up Mom, then she can rest before we take them to the Roy Clark concert tonight!!! Busy day for her!

Travel safe girls!

Edited by Kat817
gotsta lurn to speel......

Back from the morning's doings and guess what?! -- I am now the proud LEASER of a horse! We bit the bullet and moved from just taking riding lessons on the school horses to leasing one for DD as her birthday present (as in, that's it, she's getting this horse & maybe underwear if she's good!). I realize I'm sliding down that slippery slope of horse people everywhere... ack! It was supposed to be a surprise, but when we got to the barn the updated Fall list was on the bulletin board w/her name on it so I had to tell her. To say she was thrilled is an understatement, as I had told her repeatedly that we couldn't afford it, that Fall was too busy to lease (you get 5 rides/week + care, etc.), etc... but her favorite love horse was still available when I called the other day and dd was so worried that someone else would lease her & then once you lease a horse you get first dibs on that horse for the other seasons, so............. here we are! Her reaction really made me so happy inside... she was shaking & tearing up & couldn't believe it, & when her friends arrived she ran to them & screeched it at them... now she can participate in jumper shows, too. So it's all good. I feel like a good mom, today!

Off to WORK now (so I can pay for this 4-legged beast!)...

Funny thing about that, I was thinking yesterday about the Christmas list for the Violets and was wondering if it was to early to bring it up. Laura???

Y'know....this detachment thing is a LOT harder in practice than it is in theory!! :biggrin:

Way the "F" harder Terry. No bones about it. We cried rivers of tears over our DS....and my heart breaks for you. I remember it. I DO so much want to encourage you tho---to look where he is now. He is a responisble, sober, father, and husband, and the son we always knew he SHOULD be, when he wasn't.

His issues were with meth, as well as the usual pot and alcohol all the kids seemed to be doing. The meth was the bad part. He has frequent and random UA's at work now, and has no fears.

We are off to the fairgrounds, going to eat junk food again then see old Roy Clark!!! OLD being the key there I think!!!

Michelle, I can remember your DD's excitement! I LOVE my horses. I LOVE riding. They are every bit as much pets as any dog or cat. They sense your moods, and react. And riding is excellent exercise----maybe you should join her---no different than going to the Y together!!! It works core muscles every second you are in the saddle.

HEY---go ride, and then you and I can do a horse show for the Violets, you know trick riding etc. Laughing too hard at the visual, of me swinging around on a horse, to go much further with this joking!!!! Swinging up and over is enough!!! LOL

I do know the love she feels, and I really feel getting her involved in these things is good----keeps them occupied.

Well better get dressed to go.....how stupid of me is it to wear a white shirt????

Oh my, Kat, that's a visual I think I'll keep in my head, thank you! :biggrin: Me doing trick riding! Me getting on a horse would be the trick!!

I have considered riding, too... but want to be 220 or less before I do it... so..... that'll be awhile... ay yai yai!

DS is on his way home from the 2nd tryout of today... & is getting up @ 4:30am to ride in his first-ever Metric Century bike ride w/dh tomorrow morning... (how is this athletic, nonstop kid mine??)... so I've got to go get dinner ready for him!

G'night!

Hey Chickies~

I am in Reno...having a nice time w/ the fam. Wait until you hear this one. Bro and I get here last night, ended up being about 10.5 hours. Had a nice evening w/ everyone. My SIL had flown in yesterday w/ nephew from Idaho, where she was for a few days w/ her family. Anywho...we have a nice evening, celebrating nieces 10th bday. So, I am POOPED and decided not to go miniture golfing w/ bro, SIL and the kids. My sis and her bf go out, but I stay home and go to bed w/ step mom. A little while later, SIL and the girls come in and I say, "oh did you have fun?" and she says, "we didn't go!" and she goes downstairs for the night! My brother and nephew are still out. So obviously there was a fight.

This morning, I wake up and we were all going up to Lake Tahoe; even though we were not going to do the ashes yet, we were going for the day. My brother says, "we are leaving!" I am SOOO PISSED...my SIL is SUCH A BITCH!

For my parents 30th wedding anniversary, she picked a big fight and didn't go. Then last year, my dad's LAST birthday, she pitched a fit and didn't go, and didn't let the girls go either...and now this! I swear, I hope my brother CUTS HER ASS OFF! They broke up before but are trying for the kids...but REALLY???? We spent the day talking about it yesterday (we both totally anticipate this would happen)...about how life is too short to not be happy. That if people do not compliment you or bring out the best in you...or have your back in life...that they are not the right ones. I love the kids (the girls are from her ex husband) and we've always treated the three of them the same. I know my bro is embarrassed...but he told my step mom that it is over. And that he is done w/ her!

To be continued...I'll keep you posted.

xoxooxxo

Night gals

heading out at 5am, i'm exhausted, car is packed and I am ready to go.

Pamela, that sucks!

have a good few days

Pray for me girls, I'm really having a hard time with the Kev thing, he just vanished off the face of the earth on Wed am and I'm doing all I have to deal with it as it is. I don't understand it, and It really hurts very badly. What a f'n coward is my main thought, but then there are all the why am I so horrible thoughts.

anyway, I'm just trying so hard to be strong

Hey Jenn----quit letting him disappear of the face of your earth, YOU disappear off the face of HIS for awhile!!

Make up YOUR mind that if he will not treat you well---then you WILL treat yourself well. Treat yourself to something small and special every day you manage not to make your world orbit around his. A new bottle of nail polish, or a single stem carnation or rose to brighten a room. Nothing high dollar, but something you SEE to affirm to yourself, that since he is not doing right by you, you are going to do right by yourself.

Personally I would not check in with him the entire time I was gone on your mini vacay, and when I got back he would not hear from me.

Make up your mind that you ARE worth being treated well! Let me ask you this. In all seriousness.

Do you think your kids are horrible?

I can rest very well that you answered that with a resounding NO!

Well Kev is ignoring them too, it is not just YOU this affects.

These are his issues, NOT yours. Let them remain his! And you and the kids get out there and live the great lives you deserve!

Ok--hopping off my soap box!!! LOL It is only cuz I care!

Morning.

It's raining here and it looks like it will be this way most of the day. No pool time. That's ok. We were in it for several hours yesterday and had a good time.

Jenn. Have a great time and clear your mind. I think Kat made some good points.

Pam, I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. How horrible for all of you.

Everyone have a great day and a safe journey to all of our travelers.

Hello!!!!!!!

Suzie, I am planning on working a bit in am and then leaving and getting to KC around 5 or so. I have 5 weeklys on Saturday morning, so I want to do them then leave. If that is not a good Saturday I am for sure easy to change!!

You know it was funny yesterday I was talking to a client that goes to Mizzou and said that last year we met at the mall to go shopping and maybe that would be fun to do this year, some Christmas shopping!! I think only Suzie will understand this post.

Terry, I wish there was something that would take your pain away, and give you strength to deal with all you have to deal with!!!

I think that is really neat Michelle that you got your daughter a horse. I think that would be fun, but I also need to lose a lot of weight before I get on a horse!!

I really don't want to do anything today!! I might not, but my house is a HUGE mess!!

I hope everyone is safe in their travels and having a good time!!!!!