Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else stopped losing weight?

I am almost a month post-op and I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks, since I advanced to soft and mushy food. I keep fluctuating between 2 lbs. I am not able to eat a whole lot, less than 1000 calories a day. But I am drinking my Water and excercising occasionally. I just can't believe that the scale isn't moving. My metabolism must be in the toilet after the month of liquid dieting.

Danielle

I know exactly what you're talking about! I have seen the scale go as low as 248 over these past couple of weeks, but then it jumps up to 251 or so the same day. It's crazy. I know my calories have been low too...I can't wait to get my first fill on 6/16!

I'm having the same problem! I've been banded for 2 wks and the first week I dropped 10lbs and then I gained 5 back but I've been very strict following the diet my dr gave me. I'm frustrated. I go for a fill on 6/19. I'm ready for it.

jazzy, I'm having the same problem. Banded 2 weeks ago, lost 6 pounds in 5 days after surgery, then weighed myself yesterday and stayed the same. Now, I've talked to people on here who say it's completely normal. But I went to a support group last night and my nurse said I should be losing something. I'm super frustrated.

Welcome to Bandster Hell! :frown::thumbup: It is completely normal at this stage and will go away once you get your first fill, I'm told. Those of us banded earlier in the month were just complaining about this last week! lol Just keep doing what your doctor tells you to do, and take some measure of comfort in the fact that the rest of us are going through it also! :welldone2:

Anyone, how do u post ur ticker for the weight loss and sign up for May banditos

I was band May 11th and really am trying to figure out how to use all these applications .....

Thanks

EileenMary

Thanks spideymom, because I know for a fact that I was very discouraged after stepping on the scale. I know it's to be expected, but it's still disappointing because we're working so hard! I cannot wait for my first fill, but sadly it's not until the 29th. Oh well. I'll keep plugging away!

Eileen, you can go to tickerfactory.com and make your own ticker, and birthstonetext.com for the mayo banditos. Once you make them, paste the code into your signature, which you can do under "user cp" at the top of the page!

Carrie, it is disappointing, isn't it? :welldone2:

EileenMary, welcome to the mayo Banditos! You are a part of the club just by being banded in May 2009! :thumbup: If you'd like, you can just copy and paste the Mayo Banditos siggie from the bottom of my post into your siggie. That's what most people have done -- just copied and pasted from another post. Also, you can click on any weight loss ticker and it will take you directly to the weight loss section of tickerfactory.com. From there, just choose what you'd like for your ticker, then copy the html code and paste it into your siggie like Carrie said. Good luck and, again, welcome! :frown:

I am 5 weeks post op. I'm even gaining a little but am not following a strict diet. Going for my first fill Tuesday. Can hardly wait!

Had my first PB this weekend ! Been dreading that. Got to remember to chew chew chew and smaller bites. This is a learning process for me right now!. But am really glad I had the surgery! No longer living by the scale. It no longer runs my life!

My first fill is Friday - sort of nervous about it. I was doing pretty good at first now I've stopped losing (bouncing around the same few pounds at my last check) but my clothes still seem to be getting loser... Bathing suit season is coming too quick!

I lost 11 pounds the first week and then a few more this last week. I have stayed almost exactly the same for a good 4/5 days now. I still weigh daily in hopes that I've broken into the 220s (I'm exactly 230 right now), but am trying not to expect anything until I get my first fill. It's hard to lose weight on the soft food stage...probably too many carbs in most of our choices. I'm staying optimistic and know that these first few weeks are for healing and learning to follow all the lap band rules (like small bites and chewing!). I've not had any complications and have not had any PBing or anything yet. Phew!

Try not to be hard on yourself right now. We are all so hard on ourselves anyways...

I stopped as well but I expected it. I know the first few months are a struggle due to lack of restriction. I get my first fill in 4 weeks. I am really hoping to get down to 270 we will see if I can do it.

I'm on soft foods this week and I have lost 2 of the 5lbs I gained while on full liquids. I have decided to stop being obsessed with the scale because it was adding frustration for me. I will weigh myself once a week and go from there. It's getting better. I get my first fill on June 19th...I'm so ready!!

Goodness, I was too banded 2 weeks ago and I lost 12 lbs in one week and after 16 days I weigh had gain 5 of them back. That's terrible and I'm also so so hungry I think it's the mushie foods the mash potatoes lord I love them and had some quiznos broccoli & cheese Soup and added Water to that. I've been walking too but to gain back 5 lbs is terrible.

I don't have a scale in my house yet (last weighed myself at my moms). So I have no idea what is here and what is gone. I've been looking into gyms. I know I don't have the go ahead to go yet but at this point, ordered some great sneakers yesterday And at this point I'm motivated.