Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

Hi Rebecca! I'm still here. I think you are doing great. I haven't had a fill in months and really do need it, but we are leaving on a cruise in a few days, then there is Thanksgiving, then Christmas. I'm waiting til January to have a fill. Gaye

Hi Rebecca -

Glad your doing well. YES - You are "zero-ing" in on the sweet spot..............You might need some fine tuning - ( becomes too tight or loose) Once at the sweet spot, your adjustments will be very,very minor in order to keep you there.

With me, as I lost the weight, my adjustments were enough to keep me in the zone so I can continue to loose at the same rate.

Hi, everyone! I haven't posted in a few months, though I think of you all often! I hope everyone is doing okay. I've been having some health issues, but I'm back on the mend slowly.

I have come to terms (I think) with the fact that my body seems to prefer an extra 3-5 lbs. than where I got down to in July, which was my goal. I had to have another unfill in late August (yet again!), and I'm trying to just deal with being a little looser and not losing weight anymore. I struggle now with overeating non-sugary foods (savory foods and sugar-free foods). Some days are better than others.

But, the biggest news is that I had a Tummy Tuck a month ago. Not for the reasons you are probably thinking, though. I found out earlier this year that I carry one of the breast cancer gene mutations, so I had to have a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction on 10/7. The way they reconstructed was by taking my excess belly tissue and transplanting it to my chest. (Imagine that!) I made lots of jokes along the way that had I done this a year and a half ago, I could have been Dolly Parton! :) It's been a tough recovery, and I'm still not back to work yet, though it's been almost 5 weeks. I'm going to let you know, because I didn't know, nor did any of my friends, that when you get a tummy tuck, you are left with a huge scar straight across your abdomen. Mine is 20 inches long. :crying: But, the important thing is, I am no longer in serious danger of having my breast cancer come back. So, scars and pain be damned, I'm glad I did it.

I hope you are all well.

Wow, Ann, you have been through a lot in the past few months, and still you keep your sense of humor and your support for the rest of us! I think of you often, as you are a special woman, and I pray that you heal quickly! I am so happy for you that you drastically reduced your chance for recurrence. I was priveledged to support my Mother during her bout with breast cancer a couple years ago, and I saw the inner strength and courage (along with a great sense of humor) it takes to go through the treatments and become a survivor - so my hat is off to you!!! I'm glad you get a flat tummy out of this! My friend and I are both researching our reconstructive surgery options - I could use a lower body lift, but it is such a massive surgery with a lengthy and uncomfortable recovery (not to mention very expensive and not covered by insurance) that I doubt I will proceed. Luckily my husband loves me as I am, my body tucks nicely into clothes and support garments, and I don't ever plan to wear a bikini. My arm 'wings' don't thrill me, but the visible scars from an upper arm lift don't appeal to me, either. So, I'll wait and see. Please let us know when your Tummy Tuck has healed, and if you would recommend it to others. Be sure to get plenty of rest and be good to yourself - you deserve it!!!

Hi Ann - Sorry to hear about your health issues but am glad you are on the mend now.

Keeping your sense of humor remains your trademark.......Amazing.....

Keep the faith !!

John

Wow Ann, I had really missed you and was wondering what had happened. It's amazing that while you have been through so much you still take the time to encourage and support the rest of us. I also supported my mom through breast cancer in 1984. She lived another 20 yrs and her passing had nothing to do with the cancer. You are a strong woman and I so appreciate your support. I will be thinking of you and hoping for your quick recovery.

Ann,

Great to see you back online! Sorry to hear of your health issues, but it sounds like the Tummy Tuck might have worked out to be a good thing?!

Maybe once you're feeling better, your body may adjust to the weight you desire. If not, 3-5 lbs is not so bad. Just think of how far you've come :)

I'm off Friday and usually weigh in from work so i thought I would post today. I am so happy to say that I am losing again. Thank goodness. Having the fill really made a difference. I feel like the band is working properly for the first time since I have had it. Woo Hoo!!!. I don't even have to worry about getting through T day because I just simply cannot eat much. Also, I have to cut everything very small and take small bites. I am a happy camper. Maybe I will make my goal weight.

Thanks, everyone, for your kind greetings! Good to see all of you again. Rebecca, I'm glad your fill was successful!

What happened to the original Friday-Weigh-In string that we had ??

Eventually got to 201/4 this week, another 25 or so to go. Got a little taken out this week, can eat for the first time in 3 months... might be dangerous ! i feel like a bulldog with the muzzle removed.. have a great week team.

Hi, Is there anyone still out there? I am back in business again after spending about 6-9 months with the port detached from tube or band detached from tube. I had surgery a couple of months ago to get back in order.

It had been very painful at times. I was having severe cramp feelings in my lower abnomen (I'm post menopausal, so this seemed very unusual). Evidentally the tube was poking my organs. It was horrible, but luckily not constant pain. I first went back to my LB surgeon and he didn't think it was a problem with the band, then I went to a gp doctor who wasn't my own, then to my own doctor, then gastroenterologist, gynecologist, then back to my LB doc. This all happened during a very long drawn out period of time (months and months). I think it all started last summer. I gained 10 #'s over that time since there was no restriction at all. I had surgery to put a new port and tube put in, then a fill a month ago, then now, unfortunately, another complication, but one that i hope i can live with. The port turned upside down. I went in Monday for the fill, he found it could not be reached, so i had a fluro scope the next day, too much of a fill, 2cc's, bad pb's. Horribly sick, went back in the next day and luckily he was able to manipulate the port to normal and do the unfill of 1cc. Now i feel great and feel like i have a working band in again. Hooray!

I would love to corespond with you all again if anyone is up for it. Best wishes to you all. Gaye

Hi, Is there anyone still out there? I am back in business again after spending about 6-9 months with the port detached from tube or band detached from tube. I had surgery a couple of months ago to get back in order.

It had been very painful at times. I was having severe cramp feelings in my lower abnomen (I'm post menopausal, so this seemed very unusual). Evidentally the tube was poking my organs. It was horrible, but luckily not constant pain. I first went back to my LB surgeon and he didn't think it was a problem with the band, then I went to a gp doctor who wasn't my own, then to my own doctor, then gastroenterologist, gynecologist, then back to my LB doc. This all happened during a very long drawn out period of time (months and months). I think it all started last summer. I gained 10 #'s over that time since there was no restriction at all. I had surgery to put a new port and tube put in, then a fill a month ago, then now, unfortunately, another complication, but one that i hope i can live with. The port turned upside down. I went in Monday for the fill, he found it could not be reached, so i had a fluro scope the next day, too much of a fill, 2cc's, bad pb's. Horribly sick, went back in the next day and luckily he was able to manipulate the port to normal and do the unfill of 1cc. Now i feel great and feel like i have a working band in again. Hooray!

I would love to corespond with you all again if anyone is up for it. Best wishes to you all. Gaye

Hi, Gaye! So nice to see you again! I can't believe all you have gone through with the band! You poor thing. :( I am glad you are feeling good again. I have gained 10 lbs, but it is due to poor eating habits. I've had three major surgeries over the past 9 months, and I fell back into comfort eating and not exercising as much. Now I can't get the darn 10 lbs. off!! It's very frustrating and disheartening to me. I would love to keep in touch again because I need the accountability.

Anyone else out there??

Come out, come out, wherever you are! :)

It's so good to see you both back here again. I could not get on for the longest time. I finally figured out the right combination of passwords, so as of today I'm back.

Gaye, I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. I hope all goes well for you now.

Ann, I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I lost 62lbs, got down to 150. My last fill was early last Nov. and I haven't lost a pound. In fact I am now back up to between 152 and 153. I know it doesn't sound like much, but seeing the scale go the other way at all makes my heart sink. I remember that feeling all too well..

I don't want to go on a diet because I know that only lasts while you continue to eat that way. Been there, done that. I'm kind of at a loss. I am trying to remember exactly what I was doing before that I am not doing now. I think it's just a lilttle change here and a little change there picking the bad habits up again. I really need to work on that.

I am happy with what I have lost, but I never hit my goal weight. I still feel like I didn't accomplish what I started out to do.

I wonder how John and some of the others are doing.

Hope we can stay in touch. It really helps to talk to you guys.

It's so good to see you both back here again. I could not get on for the longest time. I finally figured out the right combination of passwords, so as of today I'm back.

Gaye, I'm so sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. I hope all goes well for you now.

Ann, I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I lost 62lbs, got down to 150. My last fill was early last Nov. and I haven't lost a pound. In fact I am now back up to between 152 and 153. I know it doesn't sound like much, but seeing the scale go the other way at all makes my heart sink. I remember that feeling all too well..

I don't want to go on a diet because I know that only lasts while you continue to eat that way. Been there, done that. I'm kind of at a loss. I am trying to remember exactly what I was doing before that I am not doing now. I think it's just a lilttle change here and a little change there picking the bad habits up again. I really need to work on that.

I am happy with what I have lost, but I never hit my goal weight. I still feel like I didn't accomplish what I started out to do.

I wonder how John and some of the others are doing.

Hope we can stay in touch. It really helps to talk to you guys.

Hi, Rebecca! Glad to see another person around here! I agree with you, a little change here and a little change there can let the bad habits sneak up again. One thing I let go of completely that I've been trying hard the past few days to get ahold of again is not drinking with meals. I hate doing that, but I realize now that drinking with the meal was helping wash down my food, so I ate more. I'm hoping that this change will help me.

We should all be happy with how far we have come, whether we reached our goal or just got close. Look at how different we are from 2 1/2 years ago! We've come a long way, baby! :lol:

If anyone else is out there, please check in! We've always been a great, non-judgmental, caring, encouraging group, and I think we can help one another with the maintenance phase -- which is much harder than I thought it would ever be!!! :blink:

So, c'mon back, y'all!! :)